What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"New Girl" on Fox (1 Viewer)

pollardsvision

Footballguy
It's somewhere between the 2nd or 4th best network comedy right now. It's got Zooey. I couldn't find a thread for it, but it needs one. It's been funny for a while, but they've been really killing it of late. I loved the whole Indian marriage conference thing last night, and they handled the aftermath of the kiss very well, I thought.

For me, it's the best sitcom going right now. Much better than Modern Family, which seems to be forcing the humor lately.

For me, it's the best sitcom going right now. Much better than Modern Family, which seems to be forcing the humor lately.
Agreed on the latter. I still like MF, but it's losing steam. Anything outside of the Phil/Clare family is usually awful now (though Phil/Clare and family are really great). Personally, I'd put New Girl and Modern Family 3rd and 4th behind P&R and Happy Endings.

Last edited by a moderator:
They struggled a bit in season 1 trying to find the right dynamic, but season 2 is absolutely killing it. Funniest show on TV.

They struggled a bit in season 1 trying to find the right dynamic, but season 2 is absolutely killing it. Funniest show on TV.
wow, exact opposite for me. I thought season 1 was the funniest show on TV and I would watch it live every week instead of on the TIVO. This year, while it is still good, it is no longer great and I catch up with them when I can. The drop off was significant enough that I was wondering if key members of the original creative team left.

I thought season 1 was dynamite and this season has really stunk but last night's episode was good so hopefully its coming back.

Damon Wayans Jr should have stuck with this over Happy Endings
We can appreciate New Girl without disparaging Happy Endings. This is a trying time for Happy Endings fans waiting to see if they are going to get to make a Season 4. I prefer HE, but certainly, reasonable minds could disagree about which of these 2 great shows is better.I don't remember DW Jr. on New Girl very well, but I'm really glad he's on Happy Endings. I'm not a fan of him generally, but he works incredibly well with Eliza Coupe and company. Purely as a means of staying comfortably employed, then yeah, I guess he would've been off staying (if he had a choice).

There was no lull in the middle of Season 1. That is when the show began to find itself, flesh out the brilliant ensemble cast rather than focusing so much Zooey, and really took off.

Schmidt was the breakout character/MVP in S1Nick is the breakout character/MVP in S2Hopefully, Winston can start to really settle into his groove

Schmidt is one of my favorite characters on TV right now... that being said, I rarely watch this show.

Still killing it.I think Nick/Jess might be ready match, maybe even surpass Leslie Knope and Ben Wyatt, as the premiere comedy couple that can best pull off funny and romantic at the same time. Those 2 are great together.

Kev (Shameless) took a break from nailing his mother-in-law to stop by. Not a great role, but he was just there to facilitate the next step in Nick and Jess. Worked for me.Nick's mustache in the college flashbacks always kill me.

Been on board since the first episode.
:goodposting: Ditto. It's now my favorite sitcom right now...passed Big Bang Theory this season. BBT is still strong, but I feel like the dynamic is changing a bit. New Girl is killing it. I know Winston gets overlooked, but he has his hilarious moments too.

Another great episode.

I lost it at "I get it....You're just gettin' some stank on it"

They took that hardware store scene to the very brink of overdoing it, but didn't and it was great.

And right when I was a little disappointed that they went with the overplayed peeing in a jelly fish sting thing, Winston asks if a #2 will help. :lmao:

Another great episode.

I lost it at "I get it....You're just gettin' some stank on it"

They took that hardware store scene to the very brink of overdoing it, but didn't and it was great.

And right when I was a little disappointed that they went with the overplayed peeing in a jelly fish sting thing, Winston asks if a #2 will help. :lmao:
"If I wanted to watch a bunch of dwarves sitting around a table, I'd head on down to Korea Town".

Users who are viewing this thread