What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official 2014 MLB Regular Season-All over but the shouting (1 Viewer)

Game isn't played on a spreadsheet, nerds.
Not enough grit, I suppose.

Not that anyone asked, and not to get all Dentite on everyone in here on a Monday, but given complete free reign I'd blow up the AL/NL (and the DH), go West and East (or Bonds Division and Ruth Division), and just have two mega-divisions (with interleague). Winner from each plays in a best of 15 World Series. Get rid of all these dumb playoff games and wildcards and play-ins and ####.

East Coast Bias said:
A's get the last playoff spot. On to KC.
League's best run differential and $4 will get you a ticket on BART.
Pythagoras was overrated
1.83 is the better exponent.

Even still, they were "robbed" of 11-ish wins. I guess they need to play more like an ideal probability distribution.
Here's the problem ... they were only +12 since the All-Star break and actually are -5 since the trade deadline, when they shipped out Cespedes.

East Coast Bias said:
Pythagoras was overrated

Even still, they were "robbed" of 11-ish wins. I guess they need to play more like an ideal probability distribution.
Here's the problem ... they were only +12 since the All-Star break and actually are -5 since the trade deadline, when they shipped out Cespedes.
Right, but they should've been a game or two under .500 since the Cespedes trade and not a bazillion games under.

Only the tiniest minds still think shutting down Strasburg that year was the wrong move

Grabbed a single for O's game 2, just because. I guess we're not going to get any clue on game times until the wild cards are finished :thumbdown:

PAPA'S GOT #### TO DO

East Coast Bias said:
Pythagoras was overrated

Clearly losing Cespedes is the root of most of their problems.

East Coast Bias said:
Pythagoras was overrated

When you don't have someone just freely swinging at anything within a foot of the strike zone and hitting clean up, everything else just falls apart.

Only the tiniest minds still think shutting down Strasburg that year was the wrong move

Grabbed a single for O's game 2, just because. I guess we're not going to get any clue on game times until the wild cards are finished :thumbdown:

PAPA'S GOT #### TO DO
I also think it's a mistake to judge the Nats' TJ rehab just on Strasburg's relative health and success. Has anyone heard from Jordan Zimmermann recently?

East Coast Bias said:
Pythagoras was overrated

When you don't have someone just freely swinging at anything within a foot of the strike zone and hitting clean up, everything else just falls apart.
Those eyebrows are putting it all together in Boston. Currently sporting a 296 OBP and a 719 OPS. Add in his gold glove defense and it's a miracle Oakland has won any games in his absence.

Not that anyone asked, and not to get all Dentite on everyone in here on a Monday, but given complete free reign I'd blow up the AL/NL (and the DH), go West and East (or Bonds Division and Ruth Division), and just have two mega-divisions (with interleague). Winner from each plays in a best of 15 World Series. Get rid of all these dumb playoff games and wildcards and play-ins and ####.
Get rid of game wins and losses. Runs for/against is what goes into the standings. Play nine full innings every night; no more, no less.

Get rid of game wins and losses. Runs for/against is what goes into the standings. Play nine full innings every night; no more, no less.
Give the visitor their 27 outs and then let the home team try to beat their score. Like cricket but with more scratching and spitting.

PAPA'S GOT #### TO DO
ALDS games on 5 different networks and the word is MLB isn't announcing game times until tomorrow evening. IT'S LIKE THEY WANT TO MAKE IT HARD FOR FANS.

Say what you will about the NFL, but they would never withhold information about playoff gametimes until 48 hours before the opening kickoff.

That being said, it's a pretty open secret from the Baltimore media that Thursday's game will start at 6 p.m. Don't know anything about Game 2 though. Pretty cool that on Friday there will be back-to-back games in Baltimore/DC and LA.

Tigers-Orioles Game 2 on Friday will be noon if SF wins NL Wild Card or at 3 if Pittsburgh wins. Kind of sucks

He said he loves Minnesota and really doesn't want to go anywhere, but the right situation and contract could probably change that.

Steve Levy just interviewed James Shields at Arrowhead. Asked him about KC's fans:

"Oh man, they are crazy. We have true baseball fans in this town!"

He didn't need to elaborate.

I honestly think you folks are sleeping on him. PED's or not, he's one of the greatest players ever. Now he stews for a year, working out twice a day like a madman, planning his return to greatness. I'm just trying to help you guys get a leg up on the competition.

:shrug:

I honestly think you folks are sleeping on him. PED's or not, he's one of the greatest players ever. Now he stews for a year, working out twice a day like a madman, planning his return to greatness. I'm just trying to help you guys get a leg up on the competition. :shrug:
hes an old man that misses alot of games due to injury. When he is healthy hell be solid.

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly think you folks are sleeping on him. PED's or not, he's one of the greatest players ever. Now he stews for a year, working out twice a day like a madman, planning his return to greatness. I'm just trying to help you guys get a leg up on the competition. :shrug:
hes an old man that misses alot of games due to injury. When he is healthy hell be solid.
Steroids wear down your joints. He's clean now. Get out there and BUY!

Steroids wear down your joints. He's clean now. Get out there and BUY!
sure he is. You his piss tester?

Users who are viewing this thread