What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OFFICIAL 2017 Training Camp & Preseason: News & Tidbits Thread (3 Viewers)

The Philadelphia Inquirer's Zach Berman reports fourth-round RB Donnel Pumphrey "keeps getting significant work with the 1s."

"Don't want to overstate what happens in June," Berman tweeted, "but Eagles are prepping him for a role." Pumphrey's path to significant touches is blocked by Darren Sproles, but the Eagles have used the duo together at times during the offseason program, a prospect which should keep opposing defensive coordinators awake at night. Even if he is unable to return fantasy value this year, Pumphrey's future looks bright as the heir apparent to Sproles.

Source: Zach Berman on Twitter

Cracks me up how everywhere we hear reports on tons of players that are "dominant" or "wowing" in OTAs or camp only never to hear from those guys again. With so many practice heros/game zeros and teams who try to get fans excited by talking up all their guys, it can get irritating and difficult to sift the wheat from the chaf.

GroveDiesel said:
Cracks me up how everywhere we hear reports on tons of players that are "dominant" or "wowing" in OTAs or camp only never to hear from those guys again. With so many practice heros/game zeros and teams who try to get fans excited by talking up all their guys, it can get irritating and difficult to sift the wheat from the chaf.
When most of the veterans aren't there or aren't participating in OTA's and voluntary mini-camp it's easier for other guys to stand out.  Also, plenty of players disappear once the pads come on.

GroveDiesel said:

FWIW, this time frame is really only a "red flag" period for me, like I view the combine.  I'm looking for reports of guys who aren't cutting it in tees and shorts much more than I'm looking for glowing reports.  I start really perking my ears up for FA sleepers when TC starts and the pads go on.  That's when I'll start taking some low cost risks on the WW.

Users who are viewing this thread