What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2019 NFL Draft Thread *** PLEASE NO SPOILERS *** (2 Viewers)

Draft night is typically like a holiday and is treated as such in my world.  The location often varies, but there's usually somewhere between 5 and 20something of us somewhere getting together for this thing.  There isn't any twitter.  There isn't any message boards.  Just good food, beers, buds, and piles of questionable language - either at each other's or the Browns expense.  It's refreshingly weird not to have any plans tonight.  So since I'll be in my basement talking to myself I'm just doing the rounds to see what various places are like during the actual thing.

Is there pick tipping here? how hot are the taeks? how sensitive is the crowd? and anything else I should know?  Just trying to gauge if checking in here is on the agenda for tonight. Or if I should just stick to a post draft check in and hope it doesn't lead to a suspension this year.
I, for one, will miss you if you're not here. 

I've been speculating this for a while and was told that I'm on the same level as flat earthers 
I don't think it is so crazy. I still put it at a much larger than 90% chance AZ takes him. But they did just draft Rosen, and it's plausible they really thought they would have traded him by now and are getting nervous about how it will all go down if they do take Murray. I think they would be absolutely bonkers stupid to not take him. I might not ever stop making fun of them if they don't. They need him in the worst way. It's a perfect match. But that doesn't mean they aren't capable of being stupid. Like flat earthers.

BlueDredSo said:
Hope this isn't a Honda. I searched and didn't see any topics specifically for rumors surrounding the draft. Personally, I love checking Twitter and mock drafts the week before the draft to see how much things change. You learn which reporters can and can't be trusted, and what teams are good (or not) at hiding their preferences. Feel free to post any rumors you hear about and at least somewhat trust might be true. Here's some that I've seen the past few days:

Arizona not drafting Kyler Murray?

Oakland to make "surprise" pick in 1st rd

SF open to trading down

NJ open to trading down, or taking Quinnen Williams at 3

Broncos apparently love LB Devin Bush

Cinci might draft QB in 1st rd (Haskins?)

Washington likes Dwayne Haskins

Rashan Gary, Montez Sweat & Jefferey Simmons possibly falling out of 1st rd due to health issues

Josh Jacobs to Oakland seems like a no-brainer if he's available, especially with Lynch retiring
@BlueDredSo

Yo Blue - I reported your post to the mods asking them to update the title to say No Spoilers Allowed in case your weren't around.  Maybe you can beat them to it.  Don't need that jack hole posting the picks from Twitter before the are announced on TV tonight.

NFL Network's Mike Silver reports the Cardinals have "had discussions today" with Kyler Murray, Nick Bosa and Quinnen Williams' player reps.

Per Silver, the Cardinals are "still keeping their plans close to the vest." Murray has been the longtime favorite, but there has been a little more smoke than usual that the Cardinals' private plans do not match the public reality. We will find out in a little over two hours.

RELATED: 

Arizona Cardinals

SOURCE: Mike Silver on Twitter

Apr 25, 2019, 3:49 PM

Reporter in the field checking in. Depending on speed, will be there for at least the lottery and possibly up til the Titans pick. Gotta head out early to catch the late showing of Endgame tonight. :excited:

Any shtick requests, post now or forever hold your peace.

Draft night is typically like a holiday and is treated as such in my world.  The location often varies, but there's usually somewhere between 5 and 20something of us somewhere getting together for this thing.  There isn't any twitter.  There isn't any message boards.  Just good food, beers, buds, and piles of questionable language - either at each other's or the Browns expense.  It's refreshingly weird not to have any plans tonight.  So since I'll be in my basement talking to myself I'm just doing the rounds to see what various places are like during the actual thing.

Is there pick tipping here? how hot are the taeks? how sensitive is the crowd? and anything else I should know?  Just trying to gauge if checking in here is on the agenda for tonight. Or if I should just stick to a post draft check in and hope it doesn't lead to a suspension this year.
Don't tip picks if you can help it. Some folks are fine with it but most others will tar and feather you for it. It's like not using the spoiler box in a Star Wars thread the weekend the movie comes out. :nerd:

The #Jets & #Raiders have talked about a trade involving a swap of the No. 3 and No. 4 pick, per sources.

— Connor Hughes (@Connor_J_Hughes) April 25, 2019

The QB situation is in such a state of flux right now and it continues as more "reports" are coming out that Murray isn't a lock at #1. Haskins could go anywhere from #5 to "out of the 1st round" (LOL). Daniel Jones is now "the 2nd best QB in the draft" (LOL!). The only thing I agree with is that if Murray doesn't go #1, it's going to upset the first 15 picks.

The #Jets & #Raiders have talked about a trade involving a swap of the No. 3 and No. 4 pick, per sources.

— Connor Hughes (@Connor_J_Hughes) April 25, 2019 
ESPN New York's Rich Cimini reports there is a "pretty good chance" the Jets trade down from No. 3 overall.

Per Cimini, one team is "already under the impression the Jets have a deal worked out" if Alabama DT Quinnen Williams falls to No. 3. Cimini advises to "keep an eye on" the Bills. CBS' Jason La Canfora first reported that was a possibility. We will know in roughly three hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
You might be right but broncos and Redskins would regret those picks. 
The common theme about Lock is that he could be like Matthew Stafford - big upside but biggest bust chance outside of Daniel Jones. Jones is going way too high.

The common theme about Lock is that he could be like Matthew Stafford - big upside but biggest bust chance outside of Daniel Jones. Jones is going way too high.
Honestly, I wouldn't touch Jones in the first. (Maybe pick 32 for the pats)

Lock, pick 15 seems right. 

Can't believe all those people are just standing there out on the streets like a can of sardines.  All day.  Does not seem fun to me, at all.  And the reward is to hear some names called out occasionally.

Can't believe all those people are just standing there out on the streets like a can of sardines.  All day.  Does not seem fun to me, at all.  And the reward is to hear some names called out occasionally.
If I'm in Nashville without kids, I'm at a country bar. That could make the event fun but I have no idea how packed they are now.

I'm pretty happy to not be running the marathon this weekend and deal with that traffic to get in. 

Lock in Denver makes a lot of sense. 

I'd rather take Stidham in the 4th than any of these first round guys at their projection.

Or just trade for Rosen. 

I love this night, but I wish they did this on Friday--so I could really enjoy it more.

I want Bush In Denver, but I am afraid Elway panics and goes for Lock at 10. 

Bold? 

None of those predictions are bold 

Ok, maybe Campbell going as the first wr, but not really
C'mon, you have to admit Metcalf falling out of the first is "bold". Crazy, but bold. Not that I'm a huge fan but you know somebody will be.

C'mon, you have to admit Metcalf falling out of the first is "bold". Crazy, but bold. Not that I'm a huge fan but you know somebody will be.
I don't think that's bold. I wouldn't be shocked if no WRs go in the first round.

There would likely be 4 or so to go in the first half of the second, but that's not the prediction....

Users who are viewing this thread