What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****Official Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Online deals thread**** (3 Viewers)

Hi @ShamrockPride  You're a long time good poster here. Can you help me understand more what you mean?
Joe! First off, appreciate the recognition lol. I feel a little special now.

On point however, and I think EG did a fantastic job breaking it down more eloquently and articulately than I could. I don't entirely remember the quote now as it appears according to EG have been deleted, which IMO proves my point, which was just a tongue in cheek criticism of the seemingly overly PC culture you have been trying to curate here. I have no problem with PC, but as with anything else, it has its limits before it becomes overbearing. I too like EG, have had to rethink and keep hitting backspace on many posts which I think could give many users a laugh, which is what most people in the FFA are here for.

Obviously at the end of the day, they're your boards and you choose the direction that you want to take these forums, but I do get concerned at times that you value the PF these days over the FFA.

Joe! First off, appreciate the recognition lol. I feel a little special now.

On point however, and I think EG did a fantastic job breaking it down more eloquently and articulately than I could. I don't entirely remember the quote now as it appears according to EG have been deleted, which IMO proves my point, which was just a tongue in cheek criticism of the seemingly overly PC culture you have been trying to curate here. I have no problem with PC, but as with anything else, it has its limits before it becomes overbearing. I too like EG, have had to rethink and keep hitting backspace on many posts which I think could give many users a laugh, which is what most people in the FFA are here for.

Obviously at the end of the day, they're your boards and you choose the direction that you want to take these forums, but I do get concerned at times that you value the PF these days over the FFA.
Thanks @ShamrockPride  I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings and I like the people who post in the PF but I put way more value on the FFA. It's a much more broad and diverse range of topics. The PF was created as a way to keep the FFA from getting buried in the political discussion that was becoming increasingly explosive. 

I was initially against the PF as I don't like fracturing up forums but looking back on it, I think it was the right thing.

Thanks @ShamrockPride  I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings and I like the people who post in the PF but I put way more value on the FFA. It's a much more broad and diverse range of topics. The PF was created as a way to keep the FFA from getting buried in the political discussion that was becoming increasingly explosive. 

I was initially against the PF as I don't like fracturing up forums but looking back on it, I think it was the right thing.
I just noticed you have "guide" under your name. Has that always been there?

And you guys splitting the PF into its own thing was the best thing you've done for the FFA.

I just noticed you have "guide" under your name. Has that always been there?

And you guys splitting the PF into its own thing was the best thing you've done for the FFA.
Thanks. I made that change a few months ago.

It's kind of silly I know but it's the whole bigger picture thing that we want the customer to be the "hero" and we're the "guide". In other words, we want the customer to be Rocky, we're Mick. 

Thanks. I made that change a few months ago.

It's kind of silly I know but it's the whole bigger picture thing that we want the customer to be the "hero" and we're the "guide". In other words, we want the customer to be Rocky, we're Mick. 
Awe man.   :(   This explains a lot, but I get it.  I always thought of this place as a community.  :(    I understand there are people that pay for content.  

McDonald's  has customers, a guide has clients.

I think what the higher up here aren't realizing is that OG's like EG made this place popular and enabled the owners to leverage that popularity into lucrative paid content.  I guess the DFS stuff is plug and play now so the owners don't need to worry about the horses that helped get them here.

I like many others find myself coming here less and less and no longer subscribing. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks EG. No doubt at all about your sincerity and thank you for the kind words. I feel the same about you.

I think we probably agree more than you think. Looks like you've been warned 3 times in the very many years you've been here and 38,000+ posts you've made here. The last one was in the summer for a pedophilia joke that was clearly over the line for what anyone is allowed to post here. Other comments may have been deleted from you but with no warning. 

So the warnings are infrequent. However, I do think there's been a change on the forums as you say from the off-color lockerroom type talk to being more aware and even sensitive. Many years ago, we had a Russian Bride draft. Not proud of that but it's reality. We have changed things like that. And we've tried to do our best to be clear there as to what we allow. I don't know if it's the political climate changing or us just changing. Or some mixture of both. I just know it's how we're trying to have the board be. 

And I feel I should be honest and tell folks I don't see us changing directions there. I understand clearly what you're saying about the friendly warning and I see it as just that. But I have to say I'm pretty resolute we'll never change to a place where things way over the line, like a pedophilia joke or racist or hateful stuff is allowed. For that, it's my opinion we haven't changed very much there. And for the things we have changed on, I don't see us ever changing back to the who's hottest or yoga pants type threads.

Thank you for taking the time to share. I'm thankful for you and a great many others being part of the board. This thing exists because people like you contribute and I hope you'll continue. Thank you.
Hey JB..I totally get there should be no racist, pedophile, type of things ever allowed.   Never understood why the yoga pants and who is hottest was banned.  Even for here there were pretty mild. And 90% of the pictures were from people posting them publicly on Instagram who wanted more exposure and attention to the masses. Not stolen from someone's drawer. To see incredibly fit women doing yoga is a beautiful thing and you saw how popular the thread was so many had to agree.

Anyway..I got a great pair of BOHM noise cancelling headphones to walk the dog with on Groupon for 40.00 bucks last week.  did not want to invest in Beats or Bose because of rain and overall abuse..these were perfect.

Thanks Joe.  I feel like had the current climate existed for the better part of the last 15 years, I probably would have been warned 10 times as often.  Maybe that's just my perception, but I don't want to become a "problem child" here.  I've seen them and I've never wanted to be that.  However, I also know myself - I've gotten in trouble IRL more times than I wish to share because I can't resist trying to make people laugh, even if the forum (I mean that in the larger sense) isn't always appropriate for me to do so.  I can't (or don't want to) change myself, so it's probably best I change the venue.

Sorry for the hijack, everyone - this should have been its own thread or in a different thread at the very least.  Please return to posting screaming deals for Christmas gifts✌️
Why start now?

prices are higher up here, but I'm looking to buy the 55" version of the nu6900 for $599. That's about the best I can do for a 55".  Up here, the 50" version is about $549. Realizing my comment is not helping you at all but just jumping in to show my interest in the responses as well :)

prices are higher up here, but I'm looking to buy the 55" version of the nu6900 for $599. That's about the best I can do for a 55".  Up here, the 50" version is about $549. Realizing my comment is not helping you at all but just jumping in to show my interest in the responses as well :)
You’re the one that actually got me looking so you helped plenty!  I’d love to get that 55 inch but I just can’t justify the extra money. This TV is just going to go down in the basement and then I’m gonna keep an eye out for a new Xbox to pair up with the 4K.

:thumbup:

yep just bought the first one yesterday.

Pro Tip: use the Roku app for your remote

I'm also going to buy the TCL 6 series TV, but what do you guys think of sound bars?  Does it make the overall sound quality of TV and movies noticeably better (or just louder), and are they worth the money?  Thinking about one of these:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/bose-solo-5-tv-soundbar-black/5009300.p?skuId=5009300

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-2-1-channel-300w-soundbar-system-with-wireless-subwoofer-black/6261230.p?skuId=6261230

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-2-1-channel-300w-soundbar-system-with-6-1-2-wireless-subwoofer-black/6295020.p?skuId=6295020

We have both 

xbox gets used quite a bit more but switch is nice for portability  They hardly ever play the switch connected to to tv
My kids both already have a DS.  I don’t even want to think about them having to share a switch and all the fighting. 

Xbox is 100 cheaper and it’s a Blu-ray player, which we need for the basement   

Plus I can play fortnite on it.  

WINNING

My kids both already have a DS.  I don’t even want to think about them having to share a switch and all the fighting. 

Xbox is 100 cheaper and it’s a Blu-ray player, which we need for the basement   

Plus I can play fortnite on it.  

WINNING
But you could play fortnite in the switch wherever you want!

RC94 said:
I'm also going to buy the TCL 6 series TV, but what do you guys think of sound bars?  Does it make the overall sound quality of TV and movies noticeably better (or just louder), and are they worth the money?  Thinking about one of these:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/bose-solo-5-tv-soundbar-black/5009300.p?skuId=5009300

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-2-1-channel-300w-soundbar-system-with-wireless-subwoofer-black/6261230.p?skuId=6261230

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-2-1-channel-300w-soundbar-system-with-6-1-2-wireless-subwoofer-black/6295020.p?skuId=6295020
Can't vouch for personally, but know a couple of folks who swear by this one: https://www.cnet.com/reviews/vizio-sb3621n-e8-review/

RC94 said:

I have the Samsung.  It's fine for what it is.  It'll occasionally disconnect itself from the TV, and you'll have to switch it back on, but no problems with it.  At $160, you're getting exactly what you're paying for.  It's definitely an improvement over the TV speakers.  Just don't expect Dolby Surround 7.1

RC94 said:

My son works there. I emailed him asking his opinion. 

If I hear back from him (he IS 19), I will report back. 

Looking for the Switch. Best deal right now is at Target. If you buy it today, you get a $25 gift card to Target. We are taking ours back and returning it to get the gift card. Or I should say, my wife is. 

Yes, I saw that TCL and considered it.  I'm not really sure I want to order something like a TV from Amazon. I like knowing there's a store I can take it to if any issues arise.  I suppose Best buy would ship up here but then duty and exchange kick in and suddenly it becomes too costly to justify.  IF BB Canada (or any store, for that matter) sold the TCL I'd be all set.

Thanks @JoeSteeler for looking :)

Users who are viewing this thread