What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (3 Viewers)

Guilliani pushes back against Bolton. Reiterates he was working for Trump.

“I am disappointed in John,” Giuliani said in a statement to Fox News. “I’m not sure he realizes I received all this evidence as part of my representation of the president. It was all part of the evidence, and suppression of evidence, involving Ukrainian collusion and the origin of some of the false information against the president.”

“I am disappointed in John,” Giuliani said in a statement to Fox News. “I’m not sure he realizes I received all this evidence as part of my representation of the president. It was all part of the evidence, and suppression of evidence, involving Ukrainian collusion and the origin of some of the false information against the president.”
Forgive my ignorance, but which part of the IC or DOJ does Giuliani work for again?

Isn't the fact that Giuliani was doing this "investigation" prove it was purely political?

Forgive my ignorance, but which part of the IC or DOJ does Giuliani work for again?

Isn't the fact that Giuliani was doing this "investigation" prove it was purely political?
No no no, you have it all wrong.  Rudy was working at the behest of the President, therefore it's just routine government business.

I thought he said it was the State Dept. that wanted him to handle it.

Change "purely political" to "purely crazy" and I think you have it.

If this thing gets to Senate trial I think it's more interesting what home run swing would actually get 14 Republican Senators to convict. I'll share in the laugh about that comment and just nod in agreement with whatever caustic response comes back, but if you go through the thought exercise there really isn't a fact pattern that isn't possible right now.
There will be no home run swing to get 14 Republican Senators to convict.  None.

There will be no home run swing to get 14 Republican Senators to convict.  None.
It won't be a HR, imo.

I think it will be a bunch of bunt singles, and errors, that just keep going until the GOP waves the white flag.

A severely damaged Trump not only hurts the GOP in the White House race, but also at the congressional level, and even further downstream at the local level where poor turnout could really spell doom for the GOP.

At some point, McConnell will make the decision on whether Trump has become too damaged - and then they will work a deal with Pence to ensure Trump gets the pardon he will want.  Trump will dare the Senate to convict - and, if, and only if, its better politically to cut bait the Senate will convict (Trump will never voluntarily resign.)

One of the things to watch in the next few weeks - lets see how Sondland paints the Trump response to this.  If Sondland is out in front and saying Trump led the cover-up of the Ukraine mess - then I think Trump will eventually be done in.

I thought I saw something on one of the news channels that the number needed to disqualify one from future election is just 4. Apparently the removal requires 2/3 but disqualification is simple majority, if I heard right. Anyone know if that is real? It was news to me and if so, even more pressure on purple senators. They would not be able to do a sham "protect some Senators" vote like they did to save face re: lifting oligarch sanctions.

Sorry, my brain crackles and pops sometimes. I heard this stat a couple days ago:

Where do Republican senators stand on impeachment?

0 support impeachment inquiry

14 have expressed concern / have more questions

39 support Trump unequivocally
That's where I was getting the 14 number.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was doing the math in my head, and was pretty sure (14 + <whatever number the D's have because it's less than 50 but I couldn't remember offhand>) was less than 2/3 of the Senate, but I went with it anyway.
I hope your math wasn't the only thing you were wrong about in your post.

I thought I saw something on one of the news channels that the number needed to disqualify one from future election is just 4. Apparently the removal requires 2/3 but disqualification is simple majority, if I heard right. Anyone know if that is real? It was news to me and if so, even more pressure on purple senators. They would not be able to do a sham "protect some Senators" vote like they did to save face re: lifting oligarch sanctions.
Andrew Johnson avoided conviction in the Senate by one vote, and then attempted to switch parties and run for President.  He just didn't get nominated.

Republican Scions against nepotism....

Donald Trump Jr.  @DonaldJTrumpJr
Dumpster fire at Biden HQ! “It is impossible for me to be on any of the boards I just mentioned without saying that I’m the son of the vice president of the US. I don’t think that there’s a lot of things that would have happen in my life that if my name wasn’t Biden” Hunter Biden

Ronna McDaniel @GOPChairwoman
Let me get this straight…

Hunter Biden got $50K a month from a Ukrainian energy company, despite having ZERO experience in energy.

His justification?

That he was also on the board of Amtrak – more obvious nepotism.

If that’s not the swamp, I don’t know what is!

Rand Paul was raising a stink about it earlier today, too. But he threatened epic destruction on anyone wanting to investigate Ivanka, Eric and Junior.

Didn't Rand Paul's daddy do something in government once upon a time, too?

Republican Scions against nepotism....

Donald Trump Jr.  @DonaldJTrumpJr
Dumpster fire at Biden HQ! “It is impossible for me to be on any of the boards I just mentioned without saying that I’m the son of the vice president of the US. I don’t think that there’s a lot of things that would have happen in my life that if my name wasn’t Biden” Hunter Biden

Ronna McDaniel @GOPChairwoman
Let me get this straight…

Hunter Biden got $50K a month from a Ukrainian energy company, despite having ZERO experience in energy.

His justification?

That he was also on the board of Amtrak – more obvious nepotism.

If that’s not the swamp, I don’t know what is!
I am not sure if there was anything out of sorts with Biden or not but I do find it hilarious that Republicans are complaining about nepotism.  Also how much have Don Jr., Ivanka, and Eric profited off their Dad's presidency?  I am guessing it is a bot more than $50k /month

Rand Paul was raising a stink about it earlier today, too. But he threatened epic destruction on anyone wanting to investigate Ivanka, Eric and Junior.

Didn't Rand Paul's daddy do something in government once upon a time, too?
Who's Hunter Biden's dad?

I am not sure if there was anything out of sorts with Biden or not but I do find it hilarious that Republicans are complaining about nepotism.  Also how much have Don Jr., Ivanka, and Eric profited off their Dad's presidency?  I am guessing it is a bot more than $50k /month
Thought I read somewhere that Jared and Ivanka cleared over $82 mil last year.  

One of the boys was ranting on right wing radio Saturday afternoon that they were, paraphrasing, international businessmen and they always had dealings in and with foreign countries. So it's all different with them.

I'm sure we can see more children of future presidents clearing millions on the personal sector while working in the white house and also attending the G-7 summit rubbing shoulders with world leaders.

This really doesn't belong in this thread, but not sure where to put it. 

Giuliani is not complying with Congressional subpoenas. It will be very interesting to see what Congress does in response. How many times are they going to let people ignore subpoenas. 

Also, Giuliani said he is parting ways with his attorney, Jon Sale, for the time being, claiming it would be “silly to have a lawyer when I don’t need one.”

:lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:

Giuliani is not complying with Congressional subpoenas. It will be very interesting to see what Congress does in response. How many times are they going to let people ignore subpoenas. 

Also, Giuliani said he is parting ways with his attorney, Jon Sale, for the time being, claiming it would be “silly to have a lawyer when I don’t need one.”

He believes this is unjust so he's not complying.  Would be nice if what would happen to any of us, happens to him. 

whoknew said:

I love the two part letter - Giuliani penned the top portion - thumbing his nose at the process.  His lawyer wrote the last two paragraphs, trying desperately to salvage any affirmative defenses...

I love the two part letter - Giuliani penned the top portion - thumbing his nose at the process.  His lawyer wrote the last two paragraphs, trying desperately to salvage any affirmative defenses...

There's no doubt you are correct, but I just can't imagine letting one of my clients walk all over me and dictate a letter I'm putting my name on. I don't know this lawyer, but I assume he doesn't desperately need money. So strange.

And this has happened quite a bit with lawyers representing this crew.

Sheriff Bart said:
He believes this is unjust so he's not complying.  Would be nice if what would happen to any of us, happens to him. 
If they want to get him, tell him it’s an invitation to appear on TV news and he’ll show up. 

Users who are viewing this thread