What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (3 Viewers)

You mean like they should pass a bunch of bills in the House and send them to the Senate for them to take up?
Maybe even some that have been law in the past but aren't anymore because of the Republicans?  Like the Violence Against Women Act torpedoed by the Republicans in the Senate again yesterday?

Holmes: At some point Sondland stopped moving his phone away from his ear. Maybe Trump started talking softer or maybe he turned the volume down. I don’t know why he stopped moving the phone away

Ratcliffe: Why did he stop moving the phone away?

Well yes.  But it’s not just saying that.  It’s saying support for impeachment is falling in key states like Wisconsin.  It’s saying that these hearings are playing to a demographic that made up its mind on Trump a long time ago, and not really connecting with independents.  It’s saying people aren’t buying this as the major scandal it’s being portrayed as, let alone inclined to remove a president over “aid” that ultimately went to Ukraine.  

In other words, Democrats should start pushing for a policy outlook that actually improves people’s lives, beyond not being Trump.  I mean seriously fighting for it, not just paying lip service to it.  Because if the entirety of their existence is just being consumed with him, first with the bogus collusion fantasy and now this, they will lose to Trump again.
:bye:

That was after reading Sondlund's opening statement.  I too thought it was going to be a bad day for Trump.  However, Sondlund confirmed no quid pro quo during testimony and that nobody told him aid was dependent on investigations and he just presumed it.  Starr is saying you don't impeach a President because someone presumes something.  Fact - there is zero proof of quid pro quo or bribery.

If Schiff has refused appropriate questions, I'd hate to see what kind of questions those are given the garbage that has been allowed.

Well yes.  But it’s not just saying that.  It’s saying support for impeachment is falling in key states like Wisconsin.  It’s saying that these hearings are playing to a demographic that made up its mind on Trump a long time ago, and not really connecting with independents.  It’s saying people aren’t buying this as the major scandal it’s being portrayed as, let alone inclined to remove a president over “aid” that ultimately went to Ukraine.  

In other words, Democrats should start pushing for a policy outlook that actually improves people’s lives, beyond not being Trump.  I mean seriously fighting for it, not just paying lip service to it.  Because if the entirety of their existence is just being consumed with him, first with the bogus collusion fantasy and now this, they will lose to Trump again.
Just curious...what are the other "key states" support for impeachment is falling?

Was he being snarky and I missed it?  
It was a swipe at Dems being a little bumbling (not knowing when to just let the witnesses speak), and a swipe at the Republicans for being bumbling (i.e., giving the witnesses extra chances to speak).

But maybe that's my take

Is it (out of 5) 3 Republicans have asked questions and now the last two have bowed out with statements and claims?

Last edited by a moderator:
On crowdstrike:

Goldman: There's no basis for these allegations

Hill: Correct

Goldman: And Sr. advisors told Trump it was false

Hill: That's correct.

Goldman: So Trump disregarded that advice and listened to Giuliani

Hill: That appears to be the case, yes.
it's my belief, and this is completely unfounded, that it's not Guliani whispering sweet "Ukraine!" in Trumps ear.  It's Putin.

When Trump has private meetings with Putin, he asked Putin about the 2016 election interference.  Putin denies very strongly.  Trump presses - who was it then?  Putin, knowing he needs an exscapegoat, blames Ukraine - a country he is pressuring in every way possible to separate from the West - economically, politically, militarily.  The best thing to do is drive a wedge between Ukraine and the US, and knowing Trump as a good KGB man does, he knows the 2016 election is the best way to do it.   He sweetens the pot by having his computerguys go on 4-chan or whatever and make up anything they can to blame Ukraine, and they stumble on Crowdstrike.

Really, it's a brilliant play on Putins end and it has been wildly successful. 

Mods> feel free to move to conspiracy theory thread if you feel it's more appropriate there.

Last edited by a moderator:
it's my belief, and this is completely unfounded, that it's not Guliani whispering sweet "Ukraine!" in Trumps ear.  It's Putin.

When Trump has private meetings with Putin, he asked Putin about the 2016 election interference.  Putin denies very strongly.  Trump presses - who was it then?  Putin, knowing he needs an escapegoat, blames Ukraine - a country he is pressuring in every way possible to separate from the West - economically, politically, militarily.  The best thing to do is drive a wedge between Ukraine and the US, and knowing Trump as a good KGB man does, he knows the 2016 election is the best way to do it.   He sweetens the pot by having his computerguys go on 4-chan or whatever and make up anything they can to blame Ukraine, and they stumble on Crowdstrike.

Really, it's a brilliant play on Putins end and it has been wildly successful. 

Mods> feel free to move to conspiracy theory thread if you feel it's more appropriate there.
:mellow:

This incessant "but in the end Ukraine got what they want and Trump didn't so no problem" line has got to end. He got caught. You still prosecute someone who was caught in the middle of attempting a crime.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned

Users who are viewing this thread