What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (6 Viewers)

Texts are proof?  Then we have "proof" that Trump tried to collude with Russia by virtue of him asking them for help.

You sure we have proof?
You'll see...it didn't come out in the IG report..next up Durham...when that fails, next up ???.....when that fails, next up ???.......

I think there is another element to the poll as well. Years ago I had a statistics class and my professor had an interesting theory about polling: people don’t like to be wrong. So if you ask them what should happen, a lot of the time they will answer what is likely to happen, and the more likely any given outcome, the more people will tell you it’s the outcome they desire. 

In this case most people know that the Senate will not remove President Trump. That being the case it causes many to say that they prefer that outcome. 

It’s just a theory but I find it compelling. 
So what you're saying is 80%+ of Democrats like being wrong. Explains a lot, thanks.  😉

Trump can say and do whatever he wants without repercussions from his base.   

People that oppose him are "human scum", the press is an "enemy of the state" and the intelligence community can't be trusted and the military is part of the "deep state".    Trump is telling the truth and everyone else is lying.   

I've been alive since Eisenhower was in office and never thought I would hear the things that Trump says coming out of the mouth of an American president and 40% of the country is perfectly fine with it.     Scary times indeed.
I agree. Also, I never thought I would see liberals shout down free speech and be so extreme towards people with ideas they don’t agree with.

Answer is obvious.  Obama administration spied on Trump campaign in hopes of finding something to bring him down.  They found nothing and he got elected.  Since then they have tried to cover their tracks and now they are getting exposed.  Durham report will be enlightening.
I’m pretty sure Obama spent no time thinking about Trump.  That narrative is bizarre.  

You said the same thing about Horowitz. You said similar things about Hillary's emails. Each time your wishcasted prediction has failed to materialize, you have instantly pivoted to a new conspiracy theory.

NONE of your wishcasting has come true.

Armageddon is not coming.
In fairness, it is, but at the very end of the age we're in. I doubt Trump is involved.

You said the same thing about Horowitz. You said similar things about Hillary's emails. Each time your wishcasted prediction has failed to materialize, you have instantly pivoted to a new conspiracy theory.

This simply isn't true.  I correctly predicted Horowitz report would be damning to the FBI but the Durham report looks like it will take it to another level as he was able to interview key folks Horowitz could not.  Link on Hillary emails claim?

I have been money in here on my predictions unlike the 85% echo chamber.  Look at the Russia hoax thread for starters.   :lol:   Nothing burger!

Just like the nothing burger Ukraine nonsense.  Eat up!

eventually, he'll find a report that says what he wants.

This simply isn't true.  I correctly predicted Horowitz report would be damning to the FBI
No you didn't. You predicted that the Horowitz report would expose the investigation as a fraud and a sham. But Horowitz made no such conclusions.

The fact that you have to move the goalpost from "fraud and sham" to "damning" says all we need to know. It's Harold Camping stuff.

No you didn't. You predicted that the Horowitz report would expose the investigation as a fraud and a sham. But Horowitz made no such conclusions.

The fact that you have to move the goalpost from "fraud and sham" to "damning" says all we need to know. It's Harold Camping stuff.
You are incorrect as usual.  Have a good day!

You wanted the report to say that there was significant evidence that the President committed multiple counts of obstruction of justice, and that the President was both aware of and benefited from Russian interference in the election?  
For a lawyer you seem to get your facts wrong quite a bit.   :lol:

For a lawyer you seem to get your facts wrong quite a bit.   :lol:
Yep.  Just me and that liberal rag the Cato Institute, founded by Charles Koch.

The Mueller report presented substantial evidence that might have led to an obstruction charge.  Indeed, Mueller concluded that the scope and nature of the evidence foreclosed exonerating the president.  Yet Mueller declined to charge Trump with obstruction – not for lack of evidence, but because Justice Department policy barred indictment of a sitting president.

[...]

As noted, Mueller proffered significant evidence of obstruction by Trump.  It was Barr, but not Mueller, who decided that the evidence was insufficient to charge Trump.

[...]

Mueller concluded that the Russians did interfere, Trump was aware of the interference, he benefited from and encouraged the interference – e.g., Don, Jr. was eager to get and use information on Hillary Clinton – and he didn’t report the interference to the FBI. 

Also, I never thought I would see liberals shout down free speech and be so extreme towards people with ideas they don’t agree with.
What does shout down free speech even mean? No governmental entity is restricting anyone's ability to say anything. And in fact, aren't  liberals "shouting down free speech" actually just expressing their own free speech rights?

Does the converse of that hold true?  Since the Dems are using the current situation for impeachment, it's not a nothing burger and it means something?
No, they don't have current bipartisan or public support for Ukraine.  Nothing burger.  Now, if during the Senate trial we have Bolton or Rudy testify and it is damaging to Trump you may be correct.  As of now it is a nothing burger.

No, they don't have current bipartisan or public support for Ukraine.  Nothing burger.  Now, if during the Senate trial we have Bolton or Rudy testify and it is damaging to Trump you may be correct.  As of now it is a nothing burger.
So your concern is with public support?  Not whether or not the President's actions were legal?

Why do you think the Dems didn't move forward with impeachment then?  Or even include them in current articles of impeachment then?
Not going to speculate on the actions of the Dems, but you know the Mueller report outlined approximately 10 detailed instances of obstruction. You know it. Please don't try to claim the report does no such thing. It does, in black and white.

Then why does public or bipartisan support matter?
lack of public support will crush Dems in 2020.  lack of bipartisan support is exactly what our founders warned against for impeachments.  This will be the first impeachment ever without bipartisan support and Pelosi/Schiff/Nadler will go down on history as owning straight partisan foolishness.

Not going to speculate on the actions of the Dems, but you know the Mueller report outlined approximately 10 detailed instances of obstruction. You know it. Please don't try to claim the report does no such thing. It does, in black and white.
Great.  So you agree it was a nothing burger for impeachment purposes.

Why do you think the Dems didn't move forward with impeachment then?  Or even include them in current articles of impeachment then?
I can give a likely explanation for this.  It's about closing arguments from the Clinton impeachment.

There is only one question before you, albeit a difficult one, one that is a question of fact and law and constitutional theory. Would it put at risk the liberties of the people to retain the President in office? Putting aside partisan animus, if you can honestly say that it would not, that those liberties are safe in his hands, then you must vote to acquit
Basically, the argument came down to "does this look like the kind of thing that 1. affects the country and 2. the President would do again?  If not, why impeach him?"

After the Mueller report, it appeared unlikely that a President who had just gone through that would ever do something like what he did in 2016.  However, funny story, he did.  All over again.  And worse, this time.  

You wanted the report to say that there was significant evidence that the President committed multiple counts of obstruction of justice, and that the President was both aware of and benefited from Russian interference in the election?  

Yep.  Just me and that liberal rag the Cato Institute, founded by Charles Koch.

Read the whole quote I put up.

Facts presented that destroy every assertion you have made so the next logical post is:

1. Thanks Henry, I wasn't aware of this information.

2. Thanks Henry, I wasn't aware of this information, this is really alarming. Particularly so because it's from the far right Koch brothers.

3. The Mueller report was a nothing burger.

The Mueller report was a nothing burger. 

Facts presented that destroy every assertion you have made so the next logical post is:

2. Thanks Henry, I wasn't aware of this information, this is really alarming. Particularly so because it's from the far right Koch brothers.

Trick question. This is a message board and there is no logic to posting on a message board. I abstain.

Prime example of why it can be nearly impossible to have any real discussion with some people. The goal posts are on roller skates for easy moving.

Users who are viewing this thread