What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Draft Thread*** (2 Viewers)

Although I think Cinci picking right is the correct decision, I don't like it for Green's fantasy value.

Andre Caldwell :eek: gets screwed again.

I don't think Palmer comes back.

I just have a bad feeling about it. I hope the kid is great, but I really thought that Simpson/Caldwell/Shipley was good enough and we could draft elsewhere. I already assumed Chad as gone.

I just don't know :no: - I really think we shoulda drafted a WR later - we've had better luck with the later round WRs anyhow.

Oh well, hoping I'm wrong.

Guess they are confident that Dalton or Ponder will be there in Round 2 (and I do hope that's their next week, either at the top of 2 or at the bottom of round 1)

-QG

Holy crap! Can't wait to see what Atl is giving up to move this high.

Sound the Matt Ryan hype train if they end up with J. Jones to pair with White.. :drive:

what's it flip - #1s, and a 1 next year and a 2 and a 4?

Given that that's like the 30th or so pick next year, I'm not sure that's really all THAT great for the Brownies IMO.

-QG

Damn..... Clev would turn around their franchise if they use all those picks over the next 2 years properly.

Which is the better WR this year for FF? Green or Jones?
Impossible to say until we know what is going on in Cinci. Green could easily be his teams #1. Jones will certainly be no better than #2 but on a potentially great offense.I'd lean towards Jones at the moment.

Interesting that alll you guys who know who will be a bust are sitting home watching the draft rather than working for a team.
We absolutely should spend the rest of the night posting "The pros know better than us" over and over again.
I dont think I said that..but people falling alll over themselves to call a guy a bust is laughable.Btw...im no auburn or cam fan. Its just hilarous all the "experts" we have in here.
Then attack the position or the opinion... dont attack the people.
May not have came out right...but I was not attacking any person...just the practice of saying bust and little else.May have been you that gave your reasoning...and thats fine.Just funny to me that there are people who have likely seen no more of this guy than some youtube clips or sportscenter and they feel they know him enough to say bust and not really give any reasoning.Everyone is entitled to their opinions...I just find some of the unequivocal bust talk with nothing to go with it to be interesting.

Twitter

JasonLaCanfora:

Cleve gets picks 27, 59, 124, and a 2012 1st and 4th. [via Twitter]

Thursday April 28, 2011 8:36 JasonLaCanfora

Now you subtract a round from the chart for value.

Let's be pessimistic and say the falcons pick #24 next year.

So #6 this year = 1600

#27 this year is 680

#59 this year is 310

#124 this year is 48

#24 next year is like #56 this year (1 round drop in chart) so that's 340

#120 next year is like #152 this year (1 round drop in chart) so that's 30

680+310+48+340+30 = 1408

Now if you give the #24 and #120 this year's value that's 740 and 54 instead of 340 and 30

That means

680+310+48+740+54=1832 But really that's not fair as there is a time-value discount in play

I like the trade for Atlanta actually :shrug:

-QG

Users who are viewing this thread