What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** James Conner Thread (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, this can't be the right thread. There has to be another one given that he's been, at times, a fantasy boon the past two seasons.

(Rotowire) Cardinals head coach Jonathan Gannon said Wednesday that Conner (knee) is "ready to go" and "excited to get back" on the field, Tyler Drake of ArizonaSports.com reports.

Analysis: Though he didn't explicitly say that Conner will be cleared to return from injured reserve when first eligible to play Nov. 12 against the Falcons, Gannon's comments would at least seem to imply that the running back has a good chance at having his 21-day practice window opened during Week 10. While Conner misses a fourth consecutive game this Sunday in Cleveland, the Cardinals are expected to lean on rookie Emari Demercado (toe) as their lead option out of the backfield. Demercado has yet to find the end zone in either of Arizona's last two contests, but he's seen plenty of work with 33 rushing attempts (for 136 yards) and five catches (for 18 yards) between those games.

I am forced to play Demercado this week and see he missed practice today due to a toe injury. Anyone know if this is a serious injury or if this was just precautionary.

Doing some end of season checking of my 2023 projections. How the hell did James Conner get 5 YPC behind what looks to be an awful offensive line?

One thing that stands out to me about Conner is when he was in Pittsburgh he had the label as being fragile. He seems to have overcome that in Arizona. So if he can do it, we really need to think hard when we label a player as fragile and that it will last forever.

One thing that stands out to me about Conner is when he was in Pittsburgh he had the label as being fragile. He seems to have overcome that in Arizona. So if he can do it, we really need to think hard when we label a player as fragile and that it will last forever.
No significant improvement with him with regards to injuries. Missed games every season in Arizona like he did in Pittsburgh, usually good for 3-4 missed games a season. If injuries are why the Steelers wanted to move on I can't say they erred as Najee's been arguably the most durable RB in the league since he came into it but it does not look they used a first round pick to actually get more talented at the position.

Arizona/Gannon loves Conner though. When they signed him a few years ago I never thought he'd see the last year of his contract but he will.

No significant improvement with him with regards to injuries. Missed games every season in Arizona like he did in Pittsburgh, usually good for 3-4 missed games a season. If injuries are why the Steelers wanted to move on I can't say they erred as Najee's been arguably the most durable RB in the league since he came into it but it does not look they used a first round pick to actually get more talented at the position.

Arizona/Gannon loves Conner though. When they signed him a few years ago I never thought he'd see the last year of his contract but he will.
It just seemed to me he's been on the field more with Arizona. I'm probably mistaken, as I don't follow him much since I don't have him in any of my leagues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread