What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Miami Dolphins Thread*** Bye, Gase (2 Viewers)

TripleThreat said:
6-10 in 2017 with Cutler Moore and Fales under center, OL coach doing Tony Montana impersonation, yada yada yada

This year I think it'll be 9-7.  More wins if they stay healthy and things align.  If 17 goes down, I'll start paying attn to the QBs coming out in earnest. 
You are optimistic.  Would love nothing more than  to be wrong about my projections about a 6 or 7 win season. (8 tops).

Everything has to break right and Tannehill needs to have his best season for 9 wins. I just don't have that kind of faith in Tannehill at all.

You are optimistic.  Would love nothing more than  to be wrong about my projections about a 6 or 7 win season. (8 tops).

Everything has to break right and Tannehill needs to have his best season for 9 wins. I just don't have that kind of faith in Tannehill at all.
I think we see improvement for a variety of reasons...among them, more continuity and depth at OL, better safety play, more diverse offense and a more mature Tannehill that has a full grasp of the O. 

After they cut 3 OL starters in week 5 (ironically the TEN game) Tannehill had 1723 yds 13/5 and went 7-1 ... one of those a blow out loss to the Ravens were he threw 1TD/3INTs.  Those are pretty good numbers. I’m not saying he’s elite but he’s not the trash he’s made out to be in some circles of the national media. 

Gase pulled out 6 wins with an off the couch Cutler, dead armed Moore and David Fales, if he doesn’t improve something went wrong. 

The good thing is there’s no more waiting Football is back.

I see another mediocre season ahead, maybe 9 wins if absolutely everything breaks right. An optimist might say that the AFC looks pretty mediocre overall, so who knows. I do like the fact that it looks like they got rid of a lot of locker room riff raff and have a lot of lunch pail type guys. I think the effort will be there week in and week out. I’m looking forward to watching the younger guys hopefully take a step forward. Drake, Minkah, Howard, Gesiki, McMillan all have bright futures IMO.  I’ll say 8-8 :oldunsure:  

I see another mediocre season ahead, maybe 9 wins if absolutely everything breaks right. An optimist might say that the AFC looks pretty mediocre overall, so who knows. I do like the fact that it looks like they got rid of a lot of locker room riff raff and have a lot of lunch pail type guys. I think the effort will be there week in and week out. I’m looking forward to watching the younger guys hopefully take a step forward. Drake, Minkah, Howard, Gesiki, McMillan all have bright futures IMO.  I’ll say 8-8 :oldunsure:  
And don’t forget about rookie LOLB Jerome Baker. I am really excited about him.

Minkah looks really great out there.  Liked to see more rushes than passing attempts (29 vs 28).  Drake/Gore can be a productive attack if Gase will lean on them.

Not the prettiest thing ever, but a win is a win. Tannehill to Stills was a thing of beauty. If 17 has finally figured out the deep ball, this offense may make some noise. 

Loved seeing the WR targets spread out damn near evenly Grant7 Stills5 Danny6 Wilson4 vs Jarvis getting 10 of 19 WR targets in 2017s game. 

They've some tricks up their sleeve for Wilson, wildcat, running the option so far... what's next. 

Gore still looks good and now has a chance to break Curtis Martin's all time record in the Meadowlands. 

Also, can they please trade Parker... Of course he'll go off in a new location but they don't need him and have 2 WR they like on the practice squad

Also, can they please trade Parker... Of course he'll go off in a new location but they don't need him and have 2 WR they like on the practice squad
He is a dead man walking in Miami. I agree. Get something for him. Total bust. If we can some how get a 4th rounder.....that would be robbery.

I LOVE ALBERT WILSON. This kid is a baller.

He is a dead man walking in Miami. I agree. Get something for him. Total bust. If we can some how get a 4th rounder.....that would be robbery.

I LOVE ALBERT WILSON. This kid is a baller.
He can be special for sure.  They have a bunch of packages for Wilson... we've seen him in the wildcat and on the option.

ChuckLiddell said:
Did I miss something? I thought 17 looked decent on Sunday.  Why would you make that comment coming off of that game?
Decent QB play doesn't get you anywhere. They are gonna be a bottom feeder in the league and need to upgrade at QB in order to compete. Tannehill's a great backup but he's a ham & egger starter. Putting off he inevitable just means you waste the career's of everyone else on the team.

Decent QB play doesn't get you anywhere. They are gonna be a bottom feeder in the league and need to upgrade at QB in order to compete. Tannehill's a great backup but he's a ham & egger starter. Putting off he inevitable just means you waste the career's of everyone else on the team.
I hear you.  I am 80% there but not all the way.  I thought he was progressing very nicely before he hurt his knee, and want one more season with Gase before I join you 100% in this sentiment.  Ideally, we see this season what we have been waiting for all along, and dont have to use valuable draft capital on a replacement.  I know the easy answer is that we have seen enough to know already which is tough to argue with, but his career has not been normal with so much turmoil and turnover of players, HCs, and OCs.  One more season, then we will know what we need to know.

Slapdash said:
Dude can't stay healthy.  It is a shame.
Even when he was healthy his effort has been hit or miss. Never worked very hard in practice, ran lazy routes.

All the physical talent in the world, but a 2 cent work ethic.

Total bust.

I hear you.  I am 80% there but not all the way.  I thought he was progressing very nicely before he hurt his knee, and want one more season with Gase before I join you 100% in this sentiment.  Ideally, we see this season what we have been waiting for all along, and dont have to use valuable draft capital on a replacement.  I know the easy answer is that we have seen enough to know already which is tough to argue with, but his career has not been normal with so much turmoil and turnover of players, HCs, and OCs.  One more season, then we will know what we need to know.
I would think this year is his last chance. Either that or attempt to build a power D and let him manage the game (Flacco style)

IMO that's all the want Tannehill to be...a guy who only needs to throw ~25-30 x a game.   
If that is the case we will win 9-10 games. It's that simple.

I am still very skeptical we have "enough" depth to pull that off. The lack of depth on our team is scary. 

But I like the culture shift we have going on. Gase has gotten a lot of his guys in the building now. Let's see if we go on the road and beat a hated division rival. If we do.....I will be giddy.

Sitton done. Cue the *this is not my happy face*

Parker is expected back. Interested to see how he meshes and how the targets go.  I hope Grant still gets his targets. 

IMHO every Dolphins fan should go and be a part of the MetLife takeover. I’ve seen the Dolphins play at a number of away games...no one comes close to them. 

Sitton done. Cue the *this is not my happy face*

Parker is expected back. Interested to see how he meshes and how the targets go.  I hope Grant still gets his targets. 
Oh....give it a couple of series before he heads to the trainers table with an in-grown toenail. 

On a serious note.....I don’t think he will be much of a factor and the Dolphins will move on from him after this season. He is done. Gase gives a lot of coach speak about him.....but those close to the organization know very well...he is done with him.

Last edited by a moderator:
2-0 is nice and all, but this team is just not very good. 

Their ceiling is wild card followed by first round playoff exit.  And that's absolute best case. 

2-0 is nice and all, but this team is just not very good. 

Their ceiling is wild card followed by first round playoff exit.  And that's absolute best case. 
This is probably accurate, but I’m looking around and you know what? The AFC looks pretty terrible overall right now. Jacksonville is very good, KC’s offense looks pretty dynamic (their defense is awful), Cincy looks ok (lost one of their best offensive players though) then a bunch of mediocre looking to downright bad teams. The Pats get the benefit of the doubt, but maybe the end is near. They don’t have a ton of talent on that roster. Stranger things have happened. 

A lot of stuff I read in the preseason had us finishing well below .500, some even had us picking in the top 2 of the draft. All of that could still happen, but as it stands right now I think this team’s arrow is pointing up. That’s not something we’ve been able to say in this thread  in a long time. 

This is probably accurate, but I’m looking around and you know what? The AFC looks pretty terrible overall right now. Jacksonville is very good, KC’s offense looks pretty dynamic (their defense is awful), Cincy looks ok (lost one of their best offensive players though) then a bunch of mediocre looking to downright bad teams. The Pats get the benefit of the doubt, but maybe the end is near. They don’t have a ton of talent on that roster. Stranger things have happened. 

A lot of stuff I read in the preseason had us finishing well below .500, some even had us picking in the top 2 of the draft. All of that could still happen, but as it stands right now I think this team’s arrow is pointing up. That’s not something we’ve been able to say in this thread  in a long time. 
The key is having the offense stay balanced and avoid falling behind early.  I think a negative game script would be really bad for this team. I still don't buy a lot of this defense. Let's wait until they face a good offense before getting too excited.

Just got back from the game. It was awesome. Watching Jakeem Grant and Albert Wilson high five as they were running together on Wilson’s TD jaunt was one of the best moments I have had as a Dolphins fan in over 10 years easy. 

Just pure excitement with this group or WR’s. Stills, Wilson Grant and Amendola......really having fun watching all of them. Parker even contributed today with a nice grab downfield and kept his V****** healthy today. 

That pick by Howard was so key. Everything took off from that moment on. Great come from behind win.

We are 3-0!!!! And heading to Foxboro. We gotta be able to run the ball next week to have a shot. Keep Brady off he field as much as we can.

Leaving the Stadium we were all just cheering, high fiving.....it's been awhile since we have had this kind of start and excitement to a season. I was highly skeptical.....but so far so good. And Tannehill is quietly playing really well. His accuracy downfield has been really good. Really nice to see that.

I'm happy, but let's not get too excited.  The Titans, Jets, and Raiders aren't exactly the NFL elite.   I maintain that the best case for these guy is loss in the wild card round.  But I hope I'm wrong.  I don't think a loss next week really changes anything, since it's the pats.  But if we actually win that, I may adjust my expectations up. 

This team showed me something. Coming back from down 10 points and 3 guys in the DL rotation, surviving without Jones (arguably the best player on the D of not the team) ...showed their mettle.  Hanging out with Martz again, spreading the ball around expanding the offense and finding ways to incorporate Wilson in everything makes the team more fun to watch  

Beating the teams they should, not looking ahead and tripping up makes this Dolphins fan happy. It’s been a good long while since I’ve been this excited about the future. They not go deep in the playoffs but IMO their heading in the right direction. 

Fins up. 

Brett Brecheisen‏ @bbrech 1h1 hour ago

QB @ryantannehill1 has now played 16 games with Gase. The results...

QB @ryantannehill1 has now played 16 games with Gase.

The results... 315-of-463 for 3,682 yards and 26 TDs.

7.95 yards per attempt (4th in NFL since 2016) 98.0 passer rating (7th in NFL since 2016)

68.0 completion pct. (3rd in NFL since 2016).

11-5 record

And just like that  . . . the happiness from going 3-0 goes . . . . . poof !!!
Next man up. Par for the course in the NFL.

Still quite happy. And after we go into Foxboro and lay down the wood on a declining, old team....the real party will start. This is a huge huge moment for this Dolphins team. This is the moment as Dolphins fans we have been waiting for in over a decade and a half. The Patriots for along time were our little #####es in the AFC East. After Marino and Shula were gone the pendulum swung the other way. 

Well......like the weather, the cycle is about to turn!!!!! LETS GO DOLPHINS! TAKE IT THIS SUNDAY!!!!!

I’m curious about a couple of Dolphin players.

On defense, Charles Harris. Will see an increase in snaps now that Hayes is out?

On offense, Jakeem Grant. What is his role in this offense? Is he just a gadget guy?

I’m curious about a couple of Dolphin players.

On defense, Charles Harris. Will see an increase in snaps now that Hayes is out?

On offense, Jakeem Grant. What is his role in this offense? Is he just a gadget guy?
DL was a full rotation... now they're down a couple of guys unknown what will happen.  

Grant found his stride on the outside, he's a capable receiver.  Adding Parker into the mix meant less snaps for Wilson and Grant. 

As I see it, Gase is going full matchup on Offense...do whatever it takes to win.  No more forcing the ball to a player to keep them happy.  

DL was a full rotation... now they're down a couple of guys unknown what will happen.  

Grant found his stride on the outside, he's a capable receiver.  Adding Parker into the mix meant less snaps for Wilson and Grant. 

As I see it, Gase is going full matchup on Offense...do whatever it takes to win.  No more forcing the ball to a player to keep them happy.  
I want to know more about Grant. What do you think of his role the rest of the year?

I want to know more about Grant. What do you think of his role the rest of the year?
Gase is running a matchup offense, so I don't think any WR from Miami is worth rostering other than Stills who will have good and bad weeks.

Wilson and Grant played 9/10 snaps a piece while Amendola and Parker played in the 30.  As a fan I'd love to him play more snaps with Wilson.... they create havoc.

Jones being out again concerns me. Makes the road to victory that much tougher.... Let’s hope they have figured out things on the back end this week. 

Well, that went more or less as expected. 

I guess over the years I've learned to keep the expectations low, so I'm not even that disappointed. 

I was not shocked at the loss or somewhat even the magnitude of the loss as we played the Patriots in the wrong week for sure.  A little shocked at how uncompetitive the team looked.  

How the team reacts from this will be interesting.  2016 loss to Baltimore (38-6) to snap the winning streak and the team came back strong.  Then again the 2017 loss to Baltimore (40-0) also comes to mind and the team folded.  

The OL and DL injuries are worrisome, as when the lines play well, that is when things start to look good.

Kilgore out for the year. Torn Triceps.

Our two key pickups on the OL......done.

The injuries are piling up on the OL and DL and the worry of our lack of depth......becoming a cold hard reality. 

Sigh.......we are cursed.

Users who are viewing this thread