What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***** Official Monday Night Football BUCS @ CAR***** (1 Viewer)

zoonation said:
Do people honestly believe the Bucs, Panthers or Falcons could hang with a healthy Cowboys team?I think the Cowboys are the only real threat to the G-Men this year.
I certainly wouldn't take the Cowboys lightly, but I wouldn't fear them, especially at the Dome. It wouldn't shock me even a little bit to see any of these three teams beat the Cowboys, and the reverse would also be true.

I can't figure out who I should be rooting against.
The Bucs...with a split the next two weeks, they win the Tiebreaker over either CAR or ATL.Although not sure who wins the CAR/ATL tiebreaker if the Bucs fold.
Kinda the way I was leaning. This division might challenge the tiebreaking procedures. I just did the Atl/Car one and my head hurts. I don't think I'll do the others, but here's this one. AND to simplify it (yes, simplify it) I assumed TB losses at Car and Atl, Atl winning out and Car losing to NYG and winning the rest. (not saying this happens, just for the exercise).If Car beats TB, and Atl beats TB, and Car falls to the NYG, Atl and Car tiebreaker will go down to the 3rd one, common opponents. This would be: ATL CARDEN L WOAK W WSD W WKC W WCHI W WTB L/W L/WNO W/W W/WGB W WDET W WMIN W Lthis brings it to tie cause we lost to DEN and they lost to MIN. So, on to #4, conf record, which we would win, being 9-4 to their 8-3.I think I'll wait two more games before I try this again. And before someone goes off the wall, remember there are a lot of ASSUMPTIONS in there just to perform the mental exercise and, of course I did the scenario that would get my team a title.

QUEZILLA said:
PlasmaDogPlasma said:
I think the Bucs match up pretty well with the Giants. They are good at dealing with the things the Giants do well (running the ball, pass rush). I know the Giants tore the Raven run d a new one, but I don't think they can dominate the Bucs like that.
Not to mention the Bucs are pretty much overlooked by everyone, but that's how we like it. :thumbup:
If the Bucs couldnt get past the Brad Johnson led Cowboys how in the world would they beat the Giants? The Bucs and Panthers are arguably the 3rd and 4th best teams
Every call in that game went the Cowboys way, and it was still close. We didn't lose that game because of our D containing Brad Johnson, we lost it because Dallas D had the game of their lives. With a little help from our O stinking that day. Play that game at Ray Jay, and Bucs would have won.
:cry: :ptts:
Good luck with that wild card :bye:
The Cowboys should definitely fear the wildcard. I don't think ANYONE has ever won the Superbowl after getiing into the playoffs as a wildcard........uh, wait....
I'm pretty sure he's referring to the Cowboys even attaining a wildcard berth, not what they will do if they win it. If the Boys lose in Pittsburgh this weekend they can kiss the playoffs goodbye. Even if they won they can't lose against the Ravens, Giants, or Philly. Their schedule is ridiculously brutal.
:thumbup: The Browns beat the Giants, and the Cowboys beat the Bucs. Every dog has it's day, and even the elite NFC teams can be vulnerable at times.
Bucs are elite? :unsure:

This game will be so great that I plan to make a big meal on Sunday and then settle down and watch the game Monday while enjoying some delicious leftovers.

zoonation said:
Do people honestly believe the Bucs, Panthers or Falcons could hang with a healthy Cowboys team?I think the Cowboys are the only real threat to the G-Men this year.
I certainly wouldn't take the Cowboys lightly, but I wouldn't fear them, especially at the Dome. It wouldn't shock me even a little bit to see any of these three teams beat the Cowboys, and the reverse would also be true.
You wouldn't fear them if they beat Pittsburgh in their house?

zoonation said:
That's a big if, but yes, that would certainly rachet up the respect level. A lot of people talk about the Falcons weak schedule, but the Cowboy's recent "return to glory" has been against SF and SEA. I'm no blind Cowboy hater, but i'm just not bowled over with those two wins. Beat PIT at home, and they go back to SB contender in my book.Boys have the toughest schedule of any team in the playoff hunt. If they make it, they'll have earned it.

zoonation said:
That's a big if, but yes, that would certainly rachet up the respect level. A lot of people talk about the Falcons weak schedule, but the Cowboy's recent "return to glory" has been against SF and SEA. I'm no blind Cowboy hater, but i'm just not bowled over with those two wins. Beat PIT at home, and they go back to SB contender in my book.Boys have the toughest schedule of any team in the playoff hunt. If they make it, they'll have earned it.
Carolina has a pretty difficult schedule as well, TB, DEN, @NYG, @NO

zoonation said:
A team that hasn't won a playoff game in 4000+ days isn't a real threat.

zoonation said:
Carolina has a pretty difficult schedule as well, TB, DEN, @NYG, @NO
Agree, they have the tougher of the NFC south bunch, but Boys have PIT, BAL and NYG, #'s 1, 2 and 3 respectively in total D.

QUEZILLA said:
PlasmaDogPlasma said:
I think the Bucs match up pretty well with the Giants. They are good at dealing with the things the Giants do well (running the ball, pass rush). I know the Giants tore the Raven run d a new one, but I don't think they can dominate the Bucs like that.
Not to mention the Bucs are pretty much overlooked by everyone, but that's how we like it. :thumbup:
If the Bucs couldnt get past the Brad Johnson led Cowboys how in the world would they beat the Giants? The Bucs and Panthers are arguably the 3rd and 4th best teams
Every call in that game went the Cowboys way, and it was still close. We didn't lose that game because of our D containing Brad Johnson, we lost it because Dallas D had the game of their lives. With a little help from our O stinking that day. Play that game at Ray Jay, and Bucs would have won.
:violin:

zoonation said:
Solid analysis here. So the Dallas players from the early 2000 years correlates how?Typical crap. It would be as productive as me saying well the Panthers have NEVER won a SB. How can they expect to do it this year. See how stupid it is? They may not be a threat (we'll see) just tired of seeing this nonsense which has NO bearing on THIS club.

Last edited by a moderator:
zoonation said:
Solid analysis here. So the Dallas players from the early 2000 years correlates how?Typical crap. It would be as productive as me saying well the Panthers have NEVER won a SB. How can they expect to do it this year. See how stupid it is? They may not be a threat (we'll see) just tired of seeing this nonsense which has NO bearing on THIS club.
Actually it's 4300+ days.

zoonation said:
Actually it's 4300+ days.
....and we are still waiting for your first SB.:unsure:Again...how is this relevant?

#1 seed now not out of the question for this winner.

Although...clearly no one can compete with NYG and DAL in the NFC.

Cowboys aren't a championship-caliber club. They'll melt down in the playoffs if they actually get there.I know people are down on the Bucs because they aren't "sexy", but they have a terrific defense, maybe the best special teams in football, excellent coaching, a very good offensive line and an offense that doesn't turn the ball over so as not to put it's defense in bad field position. Lots of things to like about this team, no matter how how many people try to ignorantly dismiss them.
i dont think anyone is dismissing them. but you are ignorantly dismissing the Cowboys.
I tried today. They're not very good. Sorry.

I'm still a little afraid of how the calls may go in Carolina ever since the "leaping" call on Simeon several years back. That was the biggest b.s. call I have ever seen in the history of football. I had never seen a "leaping" call before that game, and I have yet to see one since.
You are seriously a little afraid of how calls may go in Carolina tonight?

I don't have a team that I call my own, but I generally find myself rooting for the Panthers when they play.

Tonight will not be an exception. Of course, having Jon Beason and Steve Smith on my fantasy teams will skew my allegiance as well.

Heading out right now to go pick up 60 lbs of crablegs and 3 bushels of oysters for the tailgate. Oh yeah, and a beer or 300........this could be fun!!!! Come on Panthers, gotta hold serve at home !! .........Can someone drive me home from the game?

Heading out right now to go pick up 60 lbs of crablegs and 3 bushels of oysters for the tailgate. Oh yeah, and a beer or 300........this could be fun!!!! Come on Panthers, gotta hold serve at home !! .........Can someone drive me home from the game?
What's the weather supposed to be?

What are the chances TB hangs 30 points on the Carolina D?
It depends on which Carolina D shows up tonight, and if the Carolina Offense doesn't commit turnovers giving TB good field position. Here's to hoping the Panthers win their cat fight tonight. :shrug:

Sounds good :wall:

The hype continues....

This is the most significant regular-season home game in the Panthers' 14-year franchise history. The Panthers will try to avenge a 27-3 loss to Tampa Bay in October.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/408/story/400569.html

We've already established this as the biggest weekend in NFC South history. Let's go one step beyond that and declare this the biggest game in NFC South history. Two teams with 9-3 records and some pretty good history meeting on a national stage on a chilly Monday night.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcsouth/0-6-38...14-preview.html

If they are the 2 and 3 best teams in the NFC the Gmen have a bye to the superbowl.
I think the Giants' loss of Plax may just reshuffle the deck in the NFC. Might be the winner of this game, or even a team like Philly.

Philly had some bad stretches earlier in the year, but they are starting to play very well. Don't discount a hot team.

If they are the 2 and 3 best teams in the NFC the Gmen have a bye to the superbowl.
I think the Giants' loss of Plax may just reshuffle the deck in the NFC. Might be the winner of this game, or even a team like Philly.
Giants fans are as delusional as Dallas fans were 4 months ago.
Not sure what you mean there. If you're counting out the Giants already, you may be a bit delusional yourself.ETA: I wouldn't exactly count out Dallas, either.

Not sure what you mean there. If you're counting out the Giants already, you may be a bit delusional yourself.ETA: I wouldn't exactly count out Dallas, either.
:excited: just trying to :crazy: the NYG fans a little :lol:

:rolleyes: just trying to :doh: the NYG fans a little :D
LOL how does Dallas become the topic in the Bucs at Carolina Monday night thread?ANYWAYS go Carolina!!! I need them too win and keep the total score less the 50 and I get $200 :shrug:

INACTIVES:

Buccaneers: QB Brian Griese (3rd), WR Dexter Jackson, QB Josh Johnson, RB Noah Herron, S Donte Nicholson, LB Matt Mc Coy, DT Jovan Haye, G James Lee.

Panthers: QB Matt Moore (3rd), WR D.J. Hackett, DB C.J. Wilson, LB Adam Seward, G Mackenzy Bemadeau, C Ryan Kalil, T Jeremy Bridges, WR Kenny Moore.

INACTIVES:

Buccaneers: QB Brian Griese (3rd), WR Dexter Jackson, QB Josh Johnson, RB Noah Herron, S Donte Nicholson, LB Matt Mc Coy, DT Jovan Haye, G James Lee.

Panthers: QB Matt Moore (3rd), WR D.J. Hackett, DB C.J. Wilson, LB Adam Seward, G Mackenzy Bemadeau, C Ryan Kalil, T Jeremy Bridges, WR Kenny Moore.

Haye is the significant one for the Bucs...although they do have a 7-man rotation at DL.Anyone of significance for the Panthers?

I think Carolina returns the favor tonight. Bucs have been getting by after falling behind by double digits in several instances this year, tonight will be no different except they will not come back. Smith, DWill, JStew...all are better weapons than anything the Bucs are going to throw out there tonight. Short of Joey Galloway finding his 2005/2006 form, this game won't even be close and the Panthers will roll the Bucs tonight even though I am a Bucsfan.

Carolina 27...Tampa Bay 9

And it may not be that close

@Chi...Bucs were down 24-14 with less than 7:00 remaining before coming back to win

@KC...Bucs were down 24-7 with about 2:00 left in the 1st half before the Lions turned into...wll the Lions.

@Det...Bucs were down 17-0 early in this game too.

Bucs were behind on the road, but tonight if they do that I highly doubt they can figth back against the Panthers Defense.

:thumbup: just trying to :shrug: the NYG fans a little :D
LOL how does Dallas become the topic in the Bucs at Carolina Monday night thread?ANYWAYS go Carolina!!! I need them too win and keep the total score less the 50 and I get $200 :cry:
I think that is a safe wager. Looking forward to these two pedestrian teams with over-inflated records getting exposed on national TV. CAR probably wins 17-13 or something. People will cite a "great defensive game" but in reality it will be two bad offenses flailing away.Delhomme-Garcia Fever! Catch it!

INACTIVES:

Haye is the significant one for the Bucs...although they do have a 7-man rotation at DL.Anyone of significance for the Panthers?
Agreed, but he hasn't been playing as well as last season.. Or, at least not putting up the #'s.

:thumbup: just trying to :shrug: the NYG fans a little :D
LOL how does Dallas become the topic in the Bucs at Carolina Monday night thread?ANYWAYS go Carolina!!! I need them too win and keep the total score less the 50 and I get $200 :cry:
I think that is a safe wager. Looking forward to these two pedestrian teams with over-inflated records getting exposed on national TV. CAR probably wins 17-13 or something. People will cite a "great defensive game" but in reality it will be two bad offenses flailing away.Delhomme-Garcia Fever! Catch it!
Steve Smith and the 2 RBs are not exactly chopped liver...I don't think Carolina has as bad an offense...and the Bucs problems certainly are not the OL...they simply need a QB, RB, and a couple of WR, plus a TE and they might have something there.

Users who are viewing this thread