What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official "Space Blanket" for Better Call Saul*** (3 Viewers)

Started watching the series again from the beginning to try and get the missus on board. I had totally forgotten how at the start of the series HHM was trying to get Chuck to cash out/leave due to being a whackjob. In what I'm sure was foreshadowing, he made a comment to Jimmy about how he would never ask for a buyout because it would ruin the firm financially and he could never do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Started watching the series again from the beginning to try and get the missus on board. I had totally forgotten how at the start of the series HHM was trying to get Chuck to cash out/leave due to being a whackjob. In what I'm sure was foreshadowing, he made a comment to Jimmy about how he would never ask for a buyout because it would ruin the firm financially and he could never do that.
HHM was not trying to do that.

Jimmy was trying to convince HHM and convince Chuck to cash out. Both Howard and Chuck believed Chuck would beat his sickness. 

Odenkirk and Banks nominated for Emmys but not McKean.

Although I don't think anyone will beat Lithgow in Supporting.

Man that looks good. Feels like they’ve been building all the way to this season. 
Yeah, I am wondering if this will be the last.  Not that I want it to end, but what do you really do with it once the story line runs full blown into Breaking Bad?  Maybe fast forward to Saul after BB?  We don't know what happened to him.  If I recall the last time we saw him in BB he was waiting with Walt in the vacuum cleaner shop waiting for his "extraction".

Love this show.  Plenty of twists & humor from Jimmy.  Remember the slippin Jimmy in the furnature store when they wouldn't pay?

great stuff.

My only complaint is that it isn’t released all at once so I can binge it. 
I honestly cannot tell if the show really does move as slowly as it seems to, or if I am just so used to being able to binge watch stuff now that it just seems slow because I only get one episode per week. 

Galileo said:
Yeah, I am wondering if this will be the last.  Not that I want it to end, but what do you really do with it once the story line runs full blown into Breaking Bad?  Maybe fast forward to Saul after BB?  We don't know what happened to him.  If I recall the last time we saw him in BB he was waiting with Walt in the vacuum cleaner shop waiting for his "extraction".
Works at Cinnabon 

Does anyone have a link to a nice little summary of all the previous seasons.  I can not imagine that I will have the time to binge them all to review. 

We’ve been rewatching S3 in prep for Monday. It’s still excellent the second time through.  The way they worked Chuck in the hearing was still so awesome. 

So good.  Loved the ending.
I loved Jimmy's taunting of Howard but Chuck's suicide still falls on him and he has to know that. Jimmy railroaded Chuck which led to the Bar hearing and that's how the Liability Insurance Company found out about Chuck's condition, which ultimately led to his suicide.

I loved Jimmy's taunting of Howard but Chuck's suicide still falls on him and he has to know that. Jimmy railroaded Chuck which led to the Bar hearing and that's how the Liability Insurance Company found out about Chuck's condition, which ultimately led to his suicide.
That's why Jimmy laughed.

He definitely realized it. The taunting seemed like a defense mechanism, to embrace that that's the guy he is and not have regrets about it. By the way, Jimmy's actions didn't indirectly lead to the insurance issue. He flat out told the insurance agent out of spite.

So that bear cross weighed so heavy on Howard that he gave up practicing law, became destitute, and finally wound up struggling to make ends meet as a cab driver in Omaha, huh? One can only imagine the thoughts going through his head when the ghost of the man who robbed him of everything randomly asked him for a ride to the mall.

So that bear cross weighed so heavy on Howard that he gave up practicing law, became destitute, and finally wound up struggling to make ends meet as a cab driver in Omaha, huh? One can only imagine the thoughts going through his head when the ghost of the man who robbed him of everything randomly asked him for a ride to the mall.
Huh? That wasn’t Howard? 

You're joking right?

He definitely realized it. The taunting seemed like a defense mechanism, to embrace that that's the guy he is and not have regrets about it. By the way, Jimmy's actions didn't indirectly lead to the insurance issue. He flat out told the insurance agent out of spite.
Exactly..  He had been questioning throughout the show why after 5 days after seeing him he went from happy Chuck to crazy Chuck again.

Finding out he triggered it brought out his defensive nature and "Oh well, guess YOU have to deal with that Howard.. anyone want :coffee:   "

The liability insurance company found out about Chuck's condition because Jimmy went into their office and basically told them about it. Had nothing to do with the bar hearing.

Before watching, is this a 2 hour episode?  I went to stream it in the AMC app and its showing 1:46 for the length. 

The Gene scene was the best of the entire show. It was incredibly suspenseful for me, especially the cab driver which I’m sure is nothing. 

Loved the episode, probably my favorite on tv. I don’t get Jimmy’s reaction at the end with Howard’s admission. He’s happy that he knows he threw Chuck into a spiral?

The Gene scene was the best of the entire show. It was incredibly suspenseful for me, especially the cab driver which I’m sure is nothing. 

Loved the episode, probably my favorite on tv. I don’t get Jimmy’s reaction at the end with Howard’s admission. He’s happy that he knows he threw Chuck into a spiral?
Jimmy was suffering from guilt... until he learned Howard was the one that pushed him to suicide. Guilt gone. 

Jimmy was suffering from guilt... until he learned Howard was the one that pushed him to suicide. Guilt gone. 
I don’t buy that at all. He knows the insurance issue was directly due to his actions - they even showed it in the “last time on” before the episode. 

I don’t buy that at all. He knows the insurance issue was directly due to his actions - they even showed it in the “last time in” before the episode. 
I think Jimmy is more concerned about what Kim thinks. He's never really had any moral compass, and it was only people like Chuck and Kim in his life that motivated him to do the right things. 

Until Howard shared what he did, in Kim's eyes it was what they did to Chuck in court that led to the result, and that was weighing on Jimmy. But ss soon Howard said what he said, Kim would see what Howard did was what did it, and Jimmy doubled down on that by responding to Howard, that it's his cross to bear now. 

With Chuck gone, and once Kim is out of his life, all reason to feel guilty about anything he does will be removed from his life.

Users who are viewing this thread