What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official "Space Blanket" for Better Call Saul*** (2 Viewers)

Took me till the last shot of that copier job interview, but I think I finally figured out where I knew that 2md interviewer from. ####ty lawyer for Always Sunny. Right? 

Missing from the scene with Howard was any mention of the 3 million dollar buyout of Chuck from the firm.  I am speculating wildly here, but I bet the envelope Howard gave Kim to give to Jimmy tells Jimmy he can have the three million as long as he never practices law again.  That's how he ends up being Saul.  He ends up finding a loophole that he can practice law under a different name.

The envelope is important.

Last edited by a moderator:
Missing from the scene with Howard was any mention of the 3 million dollar buyout of Chuck from the firm.  I am speculating wildly here, but I bet the envelope Howard gave Kim to give to Jimmy tells Jimmy he can have the three million as long as he never practices law again.  That's how he ends up being Saul.  He ends up finding a loophole that he can practice law under a different name.

But why would howard care?Jimmy is no threat to the firm

I agree the envelope is important but I am pretty sure that Howard said it was a personal letter from Chuck to Jimmy.   Perhaps Chuck actually showed some remorse for some of the heartless things he said to Jimmy.    Apparently Kim didn't think so...

I agree the envelope is important but I am pretty sure that Howard said it was a personal letter from Chuck to Jimmy.   Perhaps Chuck actually showed some remorse for some of the heartless things he said to Jimmy.    Apparently Kim didn't think so...
Let me go a step further in my speculation.  The letter from Chuck to Jimmy has instructions for Jimmy to go after Howard for the three million bucks.  It probably has the legal instructions on how to get it.  

Let me go a step further in my speculation.  The letter from Chuck to Jimmy has instructions for Jimmy to go after Howard for the three million bucks.  It probably has the legal instructions on how to get it.  
Okay I got you.     I keep wondering how the Jimmy and Kim relationship ends and the fact that she did not give him the envelope could play the role.   She is trying to protect Jimmy but he may take it the wrong way.

Okay I got you.     I keep wondering how the Jimmy and Kim relationship ends and the fact that she did not give him the envelope could play the role.   She is trying to protect Jimmy but he may take it the wrong way.
This is the most fascinating story arc for me. Kim seems like such a great woman and kinda gets sucked into Jimmys world.

I wonder and worry if Kim's character will end up walking away from Jimmy or being carried out in a body bag.

No. 

Stupid question...is Gus trying to get Hector back to full health or is he trying to kill/hurt him more?  Why bring in the expert from Johns Hopkins if he's trying to kill him?

Sebowski said:
Took me till the last shot of that copier job interview, but I think I finally figured out where I knew that 2md interviewer from. ####ty lawyer for Always Sunny. Right? 
Yep, Charlie's late night sneaky uncle with tiny hands.

The other guy was the waiter from always sunny as well.

I love this show so much!  Binged the first two episodes of S4 this evening and it is masterful as we have all come to expect.  I love the slow burn of the show and the subtlety... Jimmy showing up at Chuck's house wearing a University of American Samoa Law School sweat shirt was outstanding!  Other's have mentioned - but I loved Kim's defense of Jimmy to Howard - very good scene/good acting.  Can't wait to see what's in the envelop and how/when Jimmy finds out about it.

Also, love the foreshadowing with Gene as the Cinnabon manager.  The writers literally had me the first 5 minutes of S1E1 when they started with Gene as a Cinnabon manager, in black and white - just perfect.  I will watch anything and everything from Gillian and Gould forever! 

That was a great episode. 

That last scene was brutal. Awful way to die. 

And clearly the cousins are capable of nothing more than just standing there looking mean and intense. :lol:  
I was actually getting a little irritated with the Nacho scenes...then the big payoff happened.   Well worth the wait.

They didn't have to mention the 3 million dollars and I'm not sure the buyout means much anymore.  Whatever Chucks net worth (part of the firm, bought out prior or not), they gave Jimmy a 5 thousand dollar check which amounts to nothing and Kim addressed that with Howard.  It was clear that the bulk of the estate was going to Rebecca and given Jimmy's relationship with Chuck he probably doesn't expect anything.  Or even want anything, he didn't even show up.  Of course the envelope is important and contents unknown.

comfortably numb said:
This is the most fascinating story arc for me. Kim seems like such a great woman and kinda gets sucked into Jimmys world.

I wonder and worry if Kim's character will end up walking away from Jimmy or being carroed out in a body bag.
Agree, and in the scene with Kim and Howard it is telling that she went after Howard for his confession.  Despite the complete change in Jimmy's behavior for the better she still sees it as a very bad thing which shows she knows Jimmy/Saul better than anyone (remember her look last episode after Jimmy's cross to bear comment).  And right now, as Saul emerges she's going to be blaming Howard.  However her demise, it doesn't appear it's going to be a surprise to her.  It's going to be awesome to see how all that shakes out. 

Is Jimmy looking to steal that figurine from the copiers office?    Jesus...he is sinking fast.

Yes, Kim just NAILED that scene with Howard.  Tremendous acting there.   Question:  Why did Jimmy turn down the copier job?  i don't get it.
He noticed the figurine that was worth money (which he learned about when representing the old lady).  Later he is shown finding the price on the internet.  He (Jimmy) initially won the job, but, then he (Saul) rejected the job because he figures it would be easier to steal $9000 than it would be to earn the same amount going door to door as a salesman.  It also keeps Saul and Mike's relationship going.

This scene was just as fascinating as the scene with Kim and Howard.  Great acting by Odernik showing both sides of Jimmy/Saul.  He literally cons them into hiring him, then asks them if they are crazy, "you don't know me".  "Suckers", snaps Saul.   "I feel sorry for you" replies Jimmy.  

What I like about this show is the number of characters who engage in "next level thinking". Obviously with his cons, Jimmy is one of these, and you're not sure why he's doing what he's doing until you see the payoff he had in mind. Same for Gus and Mike. They are consistently 2 or 3 steps ahead of others in their thinking to achieve their goals. The conversation between Mike and Lydia was great because she had no idea why he was doing what he was doing, because she was not looking at the big picture in the same way he was. I loved Gus' line "Maybe you should get him a badge".

He noticed the figurine that was worth money (which he learned about when representing the old lady).  Later he is shown finding the price on the internet.  He (Jimmy) initially won the job, but, then he (Saul) rejected the job because he figures it would be easier to steal $9000 than it would be to earn the same amount going door to door as a salesman.  It also keeps Saul and Mike's relationship going.

This scene was just as fascinating as the scene with Kim and Howard.  Great acting by Odernik showing both sides of Jimmy/Saul.  He literally cons them into hiring him, then asks them if they are crazy, "you don't know me".  "Suckers", snaps Saul.   "I feel sorry for you" replies Jimmy.  
Yep great scene at the copier company.

My question is Jimmy/Saul calling Mike.  It seems out of character for Mike to do a break-in for a simple robbery.

Yep great scene at the copier company.

My question is Jimmy/Saul calling Mike.  It seems out of character for Mike to do a break-in for a simple robbery.
Good point.  Mike's solitary goal it to make sure his daughter in-law and grand-daughter is taken care of.  It does seem too much of a risk for whatever cut he is going to get of the $9000.  But, he definitely wants/needs more than the paycheck he's getting from Lidia and that's one of the reasons he's not just sitting at home like she asks. Another thing I was thinking about was why Jimmy doesn't (or didn't) just swipe it himself.  But what we've seen from Saul in BB is that Saul doesn't do, Saul orchestrates.  The morally bankrupt lawyer is always one step away from committing the crime.

He not going to break in. He's going to con them. The tiny hands guy said he'd been meaning to haul all that stuff to the trash. Mike is going to relieve him of that burden. 
Excellent point.   I kept telling myself that comment was made in passing / he really didn't mean it because of the trophies and such.  But, the con is a much easier answer.

I was watching Gus arranging the best torment for Hector and couldn't help thinking "he's gonna kill you later".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlzPhIDWyJY

I kept thinking of the noise Gus made when he realized what was about to happen and then I remembered his face at the end of that scene.  This is another great thing about the writing for BCS - that simple scene with Gus plotting the end of Hector made me flash back to that awesome BB scene.  They don't hit us over the head with BB references but I love when they do it very subtly like this.

I love this show.  Somewhere in the thread, there was talk about whether Walt could be after Saul in Omaha.  I thought about it, and there's no way Walt went or will go after Saul.  When Walt leaves New Hampshire, he stops at Denny's in Albuquerque for his birthday.  He banters with the waitress about free food being awesome and she asks how long it took to get there from NH.  Walt says it took about 30 hours if you only stop for gas.  So, he went directly from NH to Denny's before the events unfold leading to the awesome ending.  No detour to visit Saul to send him to Belize.  Besides, Walt had no real reason to off Saul. 

Users who are viewing this thread