What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official "Space Blanket" for Better Call Saul*** (3 Viewers)

NewlyRetired said:
So we now have an exact date to go by.

This episode took place on April 7, 2003, which puts us about 5.5 years before the first episode in Breaking Bad.
The only nit pick with the time line is that Mike's grand daughter does not seem to be the correct age. 

When she was swinging on the swings in the last episode, she looks almost the same age as she did in a similar scene 6 years later.

I love this show.  Somewhere in the thread, there was talk about whether Walt could be after Saul in Omaha.  I thought about it, and there's no way Walt went or will go after Saul.  When Walt leaves New Hampshire, he stops at Denny's in Albuquerque for his birthday.  He banters with the waitress about free food being awesome and she asks how long it took to get there from NH.  Walt says it took about 30 hours if you only stop for gas.  So, he went directly from NH to Denny's before the events unfold leading to the awesome ending.  No detour to visit Saul to send him to Belize.  Besides, Walt had no real reason to off Saul. 
I just glanced at the banter and took it as Breaking Bad taking place after Omaha and not Walt actually going after Saul.

Last edited by a moderator:
So why did Jimmy go back to the copier store? Just to show he could get the job? Seems like he drew a little more attention to himself by acting up and might arouse suspicion if the Hummels are gone. Which probably isn't likely because they just considered it to be junk, but still.

So why did Jimmy go back to the copier store? Just to show he could get the job? Seems like he drew a little more attention to himself by acting up and might arouse suspicion if the Hummels are gone. Which probably isn't likely because they just considered it to be junk, but still.
I really don't think Slippin' Jimmy/Saul wants that type of job.  He just wanted to see if he could get it. 

The only nit pick with the time line is that Mike's grand daughter does not seem to be the correct age. 

When she was swinging on the swings in the last episode, she looks almost the same age as she did in a similar scene 6 years later.
Which is why we will see Hectors nephews bump off the grand daughter ... and Mike will have to find a replacement grand daughter baby which will be 6 years younger.

And when he got it so easily, it was a huge turn off.
So did he go back with the intention of getting the job or just to get it and be turned off? To me, he went back in to get that job on the spot and not wait a week for a response. Not sure whether he actually wanted the job though and was just polishing his chops for a bigger one.

What I'm saying is, I don't think the Hummels had anything to do with his actions until he got home later. It might have been in the back of his mind but it wasn't the impetus for his actions.

So did he go back with the intention of getting the job or just to get it and be turned off? To me, he went back in to get that job on the spot and not wait a week for a response. Not sure whether he actually wanted the job though and was just polishing his chops for a bigger one.
He did it to win. It's all he cares about. Winning. At eveything. That's why he's such a good lawyer. 

He’s doing all these interview wins to make himself feel good as a way to cope for Chuck. 
I don't think so, he's done with Chuck. That was the whole point of the previous episode, he out doing his thing because he's over Chuck. 

Until he find out about the envelope. 

On the podcast for this episode, gilligan said that the intent was for the viewer to not understand why jimmy didn’t take that job. 

Showing him researching the price and the preview scene certainly gave me an idea...

On the podcast for this episode, gilligan said that the intent was for the viewer to not understand why jimmy didn’t take that job.
Damn. I could have been writing scripts with no intent for the viewer to understand for years if I knew that was a thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the point of the the copier scene is Jimmy testing how ridiculous everything is.  How meaningless.

He becomes Saul because why not.
Yeah, I don't think he necessarily knows what he's doing or what he wants.  I think that letter will force his hand and motivate him to pursue law with reckless abandon (It's Saul Good).

I don't.  I think she cried because she now genuinely feels bad for the actions they took that might have led to Chuck's death, like planting the battery on him prior to the court scene which caused his rant. 
I think I'm with Undetachievers, otherwise what was the idea behind showing Kim asking her paralegal to take her to the courthouse? And she was crying because she realizes just how far gone Jimmy is. 

I don't.  I think she cried because she now genuinely feels bad for the actions they took that might have led to Chuck's death, like planting the battery on him prior to the court scene which caused his rant. 
t's the great hting about this show, it makes you think a little...

So Nacho almost died trying to stage the incident that would cover up the death of Geronimo  ... 

When asked "who did this?" he mentions a silver car ... maybe a Firebird.

I'm thinking this is just a random color / car that he made up ... but the scenes for the next episode show a silver Camaro with nephews grim taking attention.

Are we supposed to know who this is?

So Nacho almost died trying to stage the incident that would cover up the death of Geronimo  ... 

I'm thinking this is just a random color / car that he made up ... but the scenes for the next episode show a silver Camaro with nephews grim taking attention.

I think it just means anyone in the ABQ wishes they bought a black sports car instead of silver. 

I am coming around to the idea that Kim did it, not Howard, although that's still possible.  Regardless, Jimmy is already aware that Chuck didn't write it.  He made the comment "Chuck sure could write a letter" or something like that, which means he is onto the fact that it's not Chuck's.
I think she’s just overwhelmed by everything. Overwhelmed by Chuck’s death, overwhelmed by Mesa Verde, overwhelmed by Jimmy, and overwhelmed by her recovery.  She’s emotional. 

Theres also something to the bank guy saying “Chuck and I had our differences but I’m sorry how things went down” and then Jimmy, Chuck”s brother, doesn’t give a ####. 

It's been such a long layoff that I can't remember ... what event caused Jimmy to lose his license to practice for a year?

That was a well rehearsed plan; Nacho said what he said for a reason. Gus is playing puppet-master again... I am sure the silver firebird comment was intentional, and I would not be surprised if we find out that the Camaro from the preview has a broken tail light or something. 

That was a well rehearsed plan; Nacho said what he said for a reason. Gus is playing puppet-master again... I am sure the silver firebird comment was intentional, and I would not be surprised if we find out that the Camaro from the preview has a broken tail light or something. 
That was my thought ... Gus is setting up someone but wondering if I missed who. Guess they haven't told us yet.

Users who are viewing this thread