What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official "The Last Dance" The MJ/Chicago Bulls Dynasty 10 Part Mini-Series Thread*** (2 Viewers)

Watched this with my kids. They were in awe of his moves that they showed.

I love sports, but have never really been an NBA fan. And I told my kids:

"I never really watched the NBA before Jordan and I haven't wanted much of the NBA after Jordan. But I watched Jordan."

Caught up on demand....

1) this makes me realize how ####### old I am

2) tons of memories came flooding back.  I watched him in college. Had tar heels gear.

The amount of Jordan swag I owned was disgusting. Starter jackets, sneakers, shirts hats, jewelry....

I'm all in. 

Love it

His letter home :lmao:

saw Jordan play 3 times in the regular season and it was right up there with world series games imo

he just happened to hit 10000 and I think 15000 pts at 2 of the games

Last edited by a moderator:
Takes a special person to maintain that kind of hatred MJ has of Isiah for over 30 years. 
The Sex Pistols were pretty personally obnoxious. I think their idiocy transcended sport like few people or organizations can. But they did.

I started typing that as "Pistons" and it came out "Pistols." I'm sticking with it and posting it. 

The Filth, The Fury. 

How on earth did the Bulls owner let Krause run off Phil and MJ? Absolutely baffling. 
He didn’t want to pay all those guys. I think he probably is skating a bit and Krause took all the heat when it wasn’t necessarily 100% on Krause. Not saying it wasn’t Krause too, but I seem to remember it being pretty well known that Reinsdorf not wanting to pay everyone was a major factor in splitting things up.

He didn’t want to pay all those guys. I think he probably is skating a bit and Krause took all the heat when it wasn’t necessarily 100% on Krause. Not saying it wasn’t Krause too, but I seem to remember it being pretty well known that Reinsdorf not wanting to pay everyone was a major factor in splitting things up.
Gotcha. If true, he’s definitely getting away with a crime. 

Grant had it 100% right. The pistons were #####es. 

Acted like a bunch of big tough guys throwing cheap shots (Yeah yeah, I know 80's guys......"hard nosed basketball) , and when they finally got whooped, they took their ball and went home. 

Dont blame MJ one bit for freezing Isaiah off the Dream Team.

Grant had it 100% right. The pistons were #####es. 

Acted like a bunch of big tough guys throwing cheap shots (Yeah yeah, I know 80's guys......"hard nosed basketball) , and when they finally got whooped, they took their ball and went home. 

Dont blame MJ one bit for freezing Isaiah off the Dream Team.
The Celtics did the same thing to the Pistons a few years earlier, so it was not a new thing.

Also, while the Pistons took rough play to a new level for sure, the Lakers and Celtics played pretty rough at times as well.  Yes, that was 80's basketball, and at least the Pistons owned it instead of pretending to be something they weren't.

Also, while the Pistons took rough play to a new level for sure, the Lakers and Celtics played pretty rough at times as well.  Yes, that was 80's basketball, and at least the Pistons owned it instead of pretending to be something they weren't.
Is it odd the Jazz seem to get a pass for essentially playing the same way in the 90's? 

It's funny to watch the highlights of all those Jordan mid-range fade-aways and weird-angled, well defended shots.  In today's game those would be considered terrible shots but he was arguably the best at them.  No doubt if he were a young player today, they would coach that out of him and he would focus on threes and drives.
I thought the same thing.  If you look at those shot charts today, they're all dunk/layups or threes.  With no mid-range game being coached, at his size, he would have had to live out on the 3.  Curious how that ever would have played out.  A guy like Rip Hamilton on the Pistons is the same.  Mid-range shots coming off screens.

Also wonder what we could have seen if there were smart phones when Rodman was out in those clubs back in the day....

Is it odd the Jazz seem to get a pass for essentially playing the same way in the 90's? 
As well as the Knicks.

I suspect many remember the Pistons more for it because a) Laimbeer stood out as the biggest #####, and b) the Pistons beat Jordan's Bulls three times out of four playoff series, while Ewing's Knicks could never beat Jordan's Bulls in the playoffs.

Huge Bulls fan here (at least back in the day... hard to root now, unfortunately), so I've been watching.  Maybe I just don't like documentaries but so far I'm just not all that into it.  This was supposed to be this huge thing, back to sports, blah blah blah... honestly, I'd rather watch Iron Man for the 4th time.

Tbh...I don't think they win with Collins. Teams knew if they keep MJ to a "minimum" they could win.  And Collins would have let me just run

Huge Bulls fan here (at least back in the day... hard to root now, unfortunately), so I've been watching.  Maybe I just don't like documentaries but so far I'm just not all that into it.  This was supposed to be this huge thing, back to sports, blah blah blah... honestly, I'd rather watch Iron Man for the 4th time.
I love it because there is some stuff I wasn't aware of, and because of the nostalgia of a time when I LOVED the NBA.  My 15 year old son loves it because it's basketball history he was very much limited in understanding and the behind the scenes team stuff is fascinating to him (also we accidentally started late on the uncensored channel last night so he got to hear all the swears).  My wife loves it because even though she hates sports she LOVES good documentaries and this is that.  True family enjoyment for us.

I love it because there is some stuff I wasn't aware of, and because of the nostalgia of a time when I LOVED the NBA.  My 15 year old son loves it because it's basketball history he was very much limited in understanding and the behind the scenes team stuff is fascinating to him (also we accidentally started late on the uncensored channel last night so he got to hear all the swears).  My wife loves it because even though she hates sports she LOVES good documentaries and this is that.  True family enjoyment for us.
I'll admit I haven't watched e3/4 yet.  So far, you're right, there are some things I either forgot or wasn't aware of.  Nostalgia factor there, too.  I'll catch up before next Sunday... maybe my tune will have changed.  :)  

I am loving this show.

I was surprised that Malone was way smaller than I remembered him. Did he bulk up later in his career or is my memory just wrong. I am also a fan of Jordan's pettiness. It is one of my faults. I love how he is all in on hating those guys. I would never not help someone due to my feelings but I would probably tell them to eat a #### after I helped them and we would not be friends.

I worked for a guy who saw the Pistons for medical reasons. He told me Lambeer was the nicest guy on the team and Thomas was the biggest ****.

No way a Bulls fan could say this

You can tell a lot about a man by how he handles defeat. Exhibit A Magic hugging Jordan after defeat and being genuinely happy for him vs Isaiah being a complete #####. 

You can tell a lot about a man by how he handles defeat. Exhibit A Magic hugging Jordan after defeat and being genuinely happy for him vs Isaiah being a complete #####. 
Does that mean Bird and the Celtics were #######s too for doing the same thing to the Pistons first?

I was jacked to watch this as this was a before my time, but MJ is not coming off real well.  Not sure he was the person people thought he was..but is any athlete or actor?  To pull strings to keep other players off the Dream Team is not cool at all. 

Plus Mike has not aged well and look more like Charles Barkley now.  My dad said that it was that "High Life" does to you.

I was jacked to watch this as this was a before my time, but MJ is not coming off real well.  Not sure he was the person people thought he was..but is any athlete or actor?  To pull strings to keep other players off the Dream Team is not cool at all. 

Plus Mike has not aged well and look more like Charles Barkley now.  My dad said that it was that "High Life" does to you.
Lol what

Users who are viewing this thread