What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pats destined for undefeated season (1 Viewer)

Saw a replay of the catch and he did have COMPLETE control and his second toe touched a split second before his knee.I agree it should have been reviewed but even if it was they wouldn't have changed the call, because the call was correct. No conspiracy, just a great catch!P.S. Sinners, how do you know he's a bandwagoner? Thats such a cheap put down. To call people bandwagon fans because their view is different than yours? Sounds like you do need a hug.I agree with you that the Moss call was inconclusive in that there was no angle on the replays, but to "hate" people based on their football opinion?
Because his comments contribute nothing. Not a real opinion about the plays in question or football in general. They are nothing but a passive aggressive attack from a Patriots homer. Check out his sig. I have no prob with real Pat fans, it's the know nothing, but defend ANYTHING the Pats do because they are "my" team (casue they are winning) idiots.

The Gaffney catch was a TD, but if it were most other teams, they would of taken a look at it to make sure.Anybody who said the Moss PI call was an obvious BS call, is a moron. Not a single replay that we were shown actually showed the play. They were all panning in from other locations and only got there after the catch was made. Gimme a break you band wagon hopping homers! I hate you 'non-football fan' fans.
Somebody needs a hug.
You need to quit being a band wagon hopping homer. :fishing: :lmao:
If having season tickets for the past 10 years make me a band-wagon hopper, than so be it.Moss didn't appear to get full extention of his arms on the defender, which is what it usually takes to warrant a call there.Gaffney's right foot left a divot in the endzone. I'd say that would be enough evidence that he got his feet down.
10 years, isn't that when they started winning? :D Hahahaha!!!!I've been at Foxboro when the place was empty and the Pats were not yet division champs, obviously you weren't even a football fan then.... :rolleyes:

The Gaffney catch was a TD, but if it were most other teams, they would of taken a look at it to make sure.Anybody who said the Moss PI call was an obvious BS call, is a moron. Not a single replay that we were shown actually showed the play. They were all panning in from other locations and only got there after the catch was made. Gimme a break you band wagon hopping homers! I hate you 'non-football fan' fans.
Somebody needs a hug.
You need to quit being a band wagon hopping homer. :lmao: :shrug:
If having season tickets for the past 10 years make me a band-wagon hopper, than so be it.Moss didn't appear to get full extention of his arms on the defender, which is what it usually takes to warrant a call there.Gaffney's right foot left a divot in the endzone. I'd say that would be enough evidence that he got his feet down.
10 years, isn't that when they started winning? :D Hahahaha!!!!I've been at Foxboro when the place was empty and the Pats were not yet division champs, obviously you weren't even a football fan then.... :rolleyes:
Sorry Gramps, I'm obviously not as old as you. 10 years ago is when I could afford to get the tickets.I'm not too sure where you're anger is coming from.Calling people morons for not having the same opinion as you?Have a good day.

Somebody needs a hug.
You need to quit being a band wagon hopping homer. :goodposting: :rolleyes:
Sorry Gramps, I'm obviously not as old as you. 10 years ago is when I could afford to get the tickets.I'm not too sure where you're anger is coming from.Calling people morons for not having the same opinion as you?Have a good day.
First off, I'm not angry in the least. I find those that constantly accuse others of anger are really themselves the angry ones. :DI didn't specifically call you a moron anywhere, so you must have taken offense when I was referring to those who called the Moss PI call an "obvious BS call", idiots. Please present some evidence that the call was an obvious BS call. NONE of the replays we saw actually showed the whole play. I bet you can't present crap cause you don't have crap. You just like to whine about how the Pats are picked on. :cry: You big baby! :DDidn't your parents teach you to resprct you elders? :P

Creating this topic was stupid. New England gets one call in this game to go their way (and it was the right one anyway) and suddenly someone decides that the refs are giving the game to them? Unbelievable. I guess then that every win by every team is invalid because every team gets a call go their way in every game.

Somebody needs a hug.
You need to quit being a band wagon hopping homer. :lmao: :lmao:
10 years, isn't that when they started winning? :D Hahahaha!!!!I've been at Foxboro when the place was empty and the Pats were not yet division champs, obviously you weren't even a football fan then.... :lmao:
There weren't any Patriot fans then, or at least you wouldn't think so upon looking at TV ratings and ticket sales. However all Patriot fans here at THIS message board are ALL old timers. There was a thread about it not long ago. GB those honest Patriot old timers...

Creating this topic was stupid. New England gets one call in this game to go their way (and it was the right one anyway) and suddenly someone decides that the refs are giving the game to them? Unbelievable. I guess then that every win by every team is invalid because every team gets a call go their way in every game.
I agree, its a foolish topic, but what do you expect? The combination of factors that make New England a topic for discussion is virtually unique in the history of sports. Like it or not, every aspect of the 2007 New England Patriots, no matter how minimal it might seem to you, will be dissected and argued about, not just now but for years to come...

The Gaffney TD was legit, but had the refs not given the Patriots a first down on the gracious Wes Welker spot on on his 3rd down catch the pats would have never had a chance a to score the TD. They would have kicked a field goal, and the Eagles might have won the game by one point. The refs gifted them that TD drive.

The Gaffney TD was legit, but had the refs not given the Patriots a first down on the gracious Wes Welker spot on on his 3rd down catch the pats would have never had a chance a to score the TD. They would have kicked a field goal, and the Eagles might have won the game by one point.
Right...because the Patriots would have just ran the clock out at the end, when down by a point, instead of going for the win. :shrug: :no: :bow: Use your head...the game would have played out differently had they scored a FG there instead of a TD.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Gaffney TD was legit, but had the refs not given the Patriots a first down on the gracious Wes Welker spot on on his 3rd down catch the pats would have never had a chance a to score the TD. They would have kicked a field goal, and the Eagles might have won the game by one point.
Right...because the Patriots would have just ran the clock out at the end, when down by a point, instead of going for the win. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Use your head...the game would have played out differently had they scored a FG there instead of a TD.
Right, because AJ Feeley would have pressed the interception throw rather than run the clock out with the running game when up by one point. :rolleyes:

Right...because the Patriots would have just ran the clock out at the end, when down by a point, instead of going for the win. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Use your head...the game would have played out differently had they scored a FG there instead of a TD.
Right, because AJ Feeley would have pressed the interception throw rather than run the clock out with the running game when up by one point. :rolleyes:
OMG, you really are as brain dead as you appear in this and other threads. :bye: :lmao: :lmao:

OMG, you really are as brain dead as you appear in this and other threads. :bye: :lmao: :lmao:
:reported:

Right...because the Patriots would have just ran the clock out at the end, when down by a point, instead of going for the win. :goodposting: :thumbup: :no: Use your head...the game would have played out differently had they scored a FG there instead of a TD.
:own3d:

Somebody needs a hug.
You need to quit being a band wagon hopping homer. :goodposting: :thumbup:
10 years, isn't that when they started winning? :D Hahahaha!!!!I've been at Foxboro when the place was empty and the Pats were not yet division champs, obviously you weren't even a football fan then.... :no:
First off, I'm not angry in the least. I find those that constantly accuse others of anger are really themselves the angry ones. :DI didn't specifically call you a moron anywhere, so you must have taken offense when I was referring to those who called the Moss PI call an "obvious BS call", idiots. Please present some evidence that the call was an obvious BS call. NONE of the replays we saw actually showed the whole play. I bet you can't present crap cause you don't have crap. You just like to whine about how the Pats are picked on. :rolleyes: You big baby! :DDidn't your parents teach you to resprct you elders? :own3d:
I didn't cry.I said you needed a hug.I stand by that evaluation. Need help getting up from your wheelchair?

Somebody needs a hug.
You need to quit being a band wagon hopping homer. :shrug: :rolleyes:
First off, I'm not angry in the least. I find those that constantly accuse others of anger are really themselves the angry ones. :DI didn't specifically call you a moron anywhere, so you must have taken offense when I was referring to those who called the Moss PI call an "obvious BS call", idiots. Please present some evidence that the call was an obvious BS call. NONE of the replays we saw actually showed the whole play. I bet you can't present crap cause you don't have crap. You just like to whine about how the Pats are picked on. :cry: You big baby! :DDidn't your parents teach you to resprct you elders? :P
I didn't cry.I said you needed a hug.I stand by that evaluation. Need help getting up from your wheelchair?
Was there a point to any of that?Does ANYBODY see anything football related to any of your post?!?! You're pathetic. :)

The Gaffney TD was legit, but had the refs not given the Patriots a first down on the gracious Wes Welker spot on on his 3rd down catch the pats would have never had a chance a to score the TD. They would have kicked a field goal, and the Eagles might have won the game by one point. The refs gifted them that TD drive.
I especially love how they gifted the Pats by not calling a blatant hold that tore Moss' jersey off his shoulder pads.

I especially love how they gifted the Pats by not calling a blatant hold that tore Moss' jersey off his shoulder pads.
:shrug: At the time, I was hollering: "Well at that point, they should just pull the jersey over his head and pummel him NHL-style!":rolleyes:

:shrug: My wife tends to :rolleyes: whenever I put football on ( :rolleyes: but that's for a different thread) but when she saw the jersey come off his shoulder she asked: "is that legal?? if so why don't they do it more often??" :cry:

Right...because the Patriots would have just ran the clock out at the end, when down by a point, instead of going for the win. :rolleyes: :wub: :no: Use your head...the game would have played out differently had they scored a FG there instead of a TD.
OMG, you really are as brain dead as you appear in this and other threads. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Please don't go there. If you disagree, fine. Disagree and back your point. But don't call each other brain dead. J

So spamming the pool with blatant fishing is okay... but calling someone braindead isn't.

Just checking :kicksrock:

I'm an artist and my eye is professionally trained to note even the smallest details. No doubt the Gaffney catch was a TD, 2 feet, knee, elbow... I'm also a Pats fan and disagree with the Moss PI call but it looked like Sheppard had his back to the back judge who made the call at his discretion. Maybe Lito flopped a bit and Moss doesn't help his cause by keeping his arms at chest height. That was a huge call considering Gostkowski shanked the FG. Honestly, I am often amazed at how much the announcers miss even with the replays, advantageous or not.

Haven't read through the whole thread, but here was my take:

Moss PI - bad call, but the back judge saw the defender "stumble" and attributed it to Moss pushing off.

TD catch - I didn't see the catch, my wife said he was out of bounds right away. I haven't seen the play so I have no opinion of my own.

Either way, the Patriots don't look like world beaters after the way Dal, Indy, and Phi played them.

So spamming the pool with blatant fishing is okay... but calling someone braindead isn't. Just checking :yes:
You, sir, are fishing.Count your blessings Joe Bryant didn't ban you, and quite frankly, after calling him out and trying to ridicule Joe Bryant on his own messageboard I think a banning is certainly in place.

One of the BEST things about having TiVo is the ability to rewind and look at the play when the network does not give you a replay. This is usually the case with penalty call, espcially personal foul calls. Seems the league does not want to highlight the personal foul to the viewers.

The thing I learned is that the refs MISS A BUNCH of calls!

EXAMPLES -

There was a 15 yard facemask call on a Chicago O lineman yesterday - no replay - but TiVo shows it was more of a hand touching the D lineman helmet for a split second (not the mask, no grip and pull) and the D lineman falling down. Flag comes in.

There was a second fackmace call that was actually a grab to the edge of the shoulder pad. A legal tackle that got flagged for 15 yards.

There was a mystery block in the back penalty on the Jags special teams that TiVo showed as a good block where the coverman's teamman knocked him down from behind while he was legally engaged by the return team blocker.

Don't even get me started on the phantom pass interferance and roughing the passer penalties that get called.

So spamming the pool with blatant fishing is okay... but calling someone braindead isn't. Just checking :rolleyes:
You, sir, are fishing.Count your blessings Joe Bryant didn't ban you, and quite frankly, after calling him out and trying to ridicule Joe Bryant on his own messageboard I think a banning is certainly in place.
i am fishing?Joe knows me well enough to know when I'm just teasing and when I'm being malicious. I have a great deal of respect for the forums and the way that they are moderated. That said, there are times when folks slip through the cracks and my post was just a playful way of pointing that out. I've gotten more than my fair share of timeouts on this site but I'd be surprised if I got one for that.

these anti-patriots threads never cease to amaze me. wow i hope stupidity isn't contagious.

So spamming the pool with blatant fishing is okay... but calling someone braindead isn't. Just checking :thumbup:
i am fishing?Joe knows me well enough to know when I'm just teasing and when I'm being malicious. I have a great deal of respect for the forums and the way that they are moderated. That said, there are times when folks slip through the cracks and my post was just a playful way of pointing that out. I've gotten more than my fair share of timeouts on this site but I'd be surprised if I got one for that.
You should learn to stop while you still can post.

So spamming the pool with blatant fishing is okay... but calling someone braindead isn't. Just checking :thumbup:
Joe Bryant has much thicker skin than most posters on this thread. The endless "Telling Mom" mentality (another poster doing the ":reported:" routine ) is rather silly. I think a little back and forth and some mild put downs are fine. The posters who get mad are really getting mad because someone dares disagree with their post. I think the danger is getting the whole message board either pulled or milk toasted out that anything short of Have a nice day and Oh I totally agree, will result in a very odd place to discuss anything. I don’t care what some body calls me on this thread, fact is sometimes I am an idiot, and nights after work I am brain dead and should avoid posting here at those times. Maturity should allow all of us the ability to handle comments stated above and including statements like: "Your post adds nothing to the conversation". I Think that comment is much more derogatory and inflammatory than calling someone and Idiot. The Pats won last night and all the “What ifs” are not going to change that. Count your blessings that we are able to sit behind the screen and make comments to each other that most would never dare say in person. Mr. Bryant may not like some of the posts here, I imagine he likes the blatant suck ups even less.

The Gaffney catch was a TD, I thought it wasn't at first, but he was dragging the second foot and made a brilliant catch (I wasn't real happy about it)

So spamming the pool with blatant fishing is okay... but calling someone braindead isn't. Just checking :goodposting:
You should learn to stop while you still can post.
:coffee: ok, guy.

Anybody who said the Moss PI call was an obvious BS call, is a moron. Not a single replay that we were shown actually showed the play.
They showed an angle on the replay--when Madden concluded there was no offensive PI---that was clear and was also the only time Moss was close to the CB. Moss didn't come close to extending his arms---it's not clear that he even initiated the contact that did occur, but I doubt you can find another offensive PI this year with the same low level of contact that occurred on that play.Now, it's hard to feel sorry for Moss overall as he does in fact often interfere with defenders and push off, espeically in the end zone. This play, though, simply was not one of those times. If you missed that replay, then I can see defending the call a little bit but after seeing that replay there's really not much of an objective case for doing so. Which is why the announcers said what they did, it's just not a close call.

Joe Bryant has much thicker skin than most posters on this thread. The endless "Telling Mom" mentality (another poster doing the ":reported:" routine ) is rather silly.
This site generates a tremendous amount of content and while nobody likes a tattle-tale there is a certain degree of self-policing that the forum must do to keep things on the up and up. The report button exists for a reason and does serve a purpose. There are times where people step very far outside the lines and that feature helps the Mod staff zero in on the offenders quickly. That said I agree 100% that the :reported: schtick is juvenile and Dman has contributed next to nothing to this forum... which is why I was busting Joe's balls about defending the tool.
Mr. Bryant may not like some of the posts here, I imagine he likes the blatant suck ups even less.
From everything I've seen this is very much the case.

:thumbdown:

snogger said:
stbugs said:
snogger said:
stbugs said:
Gaffney Looked like he got both feet down before his knee hit out of the endzone. However, I did think the ball moved once he hit the ground. Was that enough to overturn it? Who knows. Regardless, it should have been reviewed.
:confused: I still don't get this. Why do people think it wasn't even looked at? There was a little refs conference, so why is it not feasible that the replay booth had time to look at the corner of the end zone angle and decided there was no need to stop play. I would assume that the replay booth is replaying plays all the time during the 2 minute period with no coach challenges.

Personally, I didn't see the ball move at all and it was obvious the first time we saw the "good" angle that he got both feet in bounds, so I think a replay official could have looked at that one time and decided no need for a full review.
I'm 99.9% sure that if this play is brought up with the head Ref on NFL Network this week he will say it should have at least been reviewed. As he said last week on NFL Network, the booth personal are not the ones that should be making the call.

They are suppose to call for review inside of two minutes If there is any question at all.

They are not suppose to make the decision on if it is a catch or not, just whether the head Official should look at it.
By the way, does anyone know 100% that the replay officials in the booth do not make the final call or play a big part in it? It seems to me that after reviews spotting the ball, you see the on field refs listening to something while no longer looking at the TV screens, which to me seems to signal that the replay officials are determining something and do tell the on field officials what to do. I seem to remember some football game where they went into the booth and I could have sworn that it seemed like the guys in the booth might make more decisions than some here might want to think they do.
As I stated before. The Head of all Refs on NFL Network stated that the booth officials only job is to single for a review if there is any question at all inside of two minutes and the play should be reviewed. There was some question there as even the refs got together to discuss it meaning it should have been reviewed.The other thing you see is that after the head Ref goes "under the hood" to review the play, he will confer with the Booth on where the ball should be spotted and what the game clock should be set to.
:wall:

Either way, the Patriots don't look like world beaters after the way Dal, Indy, and Phi played them.
Aside from going on the road and beating the two other best teams in the world
I didn't say they didn't win, just that they didn't look like word beaters... in all three of those games it was close until some time in the 4th quarter. Indy and Philly were without key offensive players.It's sad you had to take offense to my opinion, but it still stands. The Patriots definitely look like they can be beaten.

I didn't say they didn't win, just that they didn't look like word beaters... in all three of those games it was close until some time in the 4th quarter. Indy and Philly were without key offensive players.It's sad you had to take offense to my opinion, but it still stands. The Patriots definitely look like they can be beaten.
Do you really expect that they (or any team in any sport) would just walk through the entire season? Of course they have had a few close games. No team, no matter how dominant will go through a full season w/o a few scares. The bottom line is that they have won every game and are 11-0.

Do you really expect that they (or any team in any sport) would just walk through the entire season? Of course they have had a few close games. No team, no matter how dominant will go through a full season w/o a few scares. The bottom line is that they have won every game and are 11-0.
I'm not sure what your response has to do with my comment. Frankly, I'm tired of Pats fans being so defensive about their team. The Pats are vulnerable, that doesn't mean they suck, it doesn't mean they are not the best team in football right now.Is it so impossible for you all to look at those three games and say - there might be a chance the Pats could lose? You don't think it's just a little scary that Philly almost beat them with a scrub QB? Or that Indy almost beat them w/o Harrison? You can't admit the Pats have a few weaknesses?It's not like I said they suck. A few weeks ago people were saying they were unbeatable (hey there's even a thread today saying they are unbeatable). All I said was that it doesn't appear like they are unbeatable. What's so wrong with that?

I'm not sure what your response has to do with my comment. Frankly, I'm tired of Pats fans being so defensive about their team. The Pats are vulnerable, that doesn't mean they suck, it doesn't mean they are not the best team in football right now.Is it so impossible for you all to look at those three games and say - there might be a chance the Pats could lose? You don't think it's just a little scary that Philly almost beat them with a scrub QB? Or that Indy almost beat them w/o Harrison? You can't admit the Pats have a few weaknesses?It's not like I said they suck. A few weeks ago people were saying they were unbeatable (hey there's even a thread today saying they are unbeatable). All I said was that it doesn't appear like they are unbeatable. What's so wrong with that?
Every team can beat beat. I am not a Pats fan, Steelers. The Pats are world beaters... they are 11-0 and have not been beat as of yet.

Pats are VERY beatable. Their defense was exposed for what many have speculated all year, old, slow, and their cover secondary is porous. It will continue to be exploited.

Pats are VERY beatable. Their defense was exposed for what many have speculated all year, old, slow, and their cover secondary is porous. It will continue to be exploited.
Samuel and Wilson are anything but old and slow. That is half the secondary. Hobbs too, he just makes too many mistakes.Samuel is the best CB in the NFL right now.

Samuel and Wilson are anything but old and slow. That is half the secondary. Hobbs too, he just makes too many mistakes.Samuel is the best CB in the NFL right now.
First of all, where did I call their secondary slow? I called their defense old and slow, and their secondary porous. McFly?

First of all, where did I call their secondary slow? I called their defense old and slow, and their secondary porous. McFly?
I see, so secondaries are now no longer a portion of the defense. :football: I guess Colvin and Thomas are slow too, huh. :thumbup: I guess Wilfork is pretty slow, at least that is working for ya.

NE's struggled to win 2 of their 11 games this year. And theyre undefeated with their old, slow, porous, overrated, fully exposed D. And as long as they keep winning whether by 3 or 50, Ill take that bunch of old scrubs over anyone else's D all day. But it must be embarassing to get shown up by such a group week after week after week.

NE's struggled to win 2 of their 11 games this year. And theyre undefeated with their old, slow, porous, overrated, fully exposed D. And as long as they keep winning whether by 3 or 50, Ill take that bunch of old scrubs over anyone else's D all day. But it must be embarassing to get shown up by such a group week after week after week.
The huge leads NE has been able to amass has masked the weaknesses of their defense. That defense looks like crap in games that are actually close.

Users who are viewing this thread