What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PUNK Music Draft - Now Ongoing post awesome punk songs thread (1 Viewer)

Dont worry, youngster. Its punk.

#### the rules. #### the opinions. I know some hardcore guys that get mad if you call the Ramones punk. #### them too. I tell them Bad Religion sucks. They tell me to #### myself.

It's all good.
Call a hardcore guy punk and they will get mad

any thoughts to jumping @JZilla for now, and can jump in whenever he gets back in? i am getting an itchy trigger finger (though to be honest, still no idea which song to take in 1st round?)

It's ok, we have some older guys here that just don't get it. I understand. The kids are going to love it though. 

The super duper punk rockers (which I am not) would have a conniption fit and argue they are sellouts is the only reason I was ribbing you.  

I love Blink182 and wish I was still young enough to still relate. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I had dabbled in punk in my teens, loving Sex Pistols and not digging Dead Kennedys (that eventually changed). I knew who the Ramones, Fugazi and the Misfits were but never had a source for that sort of music.  The 90s were a long time ago. Then a buddy of mine who was seriously into punk played a few tunes for us in his car while cruising around one night. All of us were deep into grunge and alternative by then, and to my buddy's credit, he chose those songs wisely. Even had the cassettes all cued up for us. Changed all of our lives, literally. 

Couple years later I saw these guys at First Avenue in Mpls with one of the guys from the car. They played this for their encore. Best pit I've ever experienced and one of the singular best moments of my life.

Anyway, this was one of the tunes my buddy played in his Cutlass Cierra, cruising around the back country roads in rural MN all those years ago.

7 Seconds -99 Red Ballloons

Studio version

Live version

I played the live video for my 6 year old a while back. He ####ing loves it. Punk rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
k. JZilla can snag if he wants. Figure i'll go like @Long Ball Larry with a mainstay punk song. had a few others in mind, but seeing this is from '78 (i thought early 80s) i'll go a classic:

Holiday in Cambodia - Dead Kennedy's   -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr6NOsluHYg

was thinking "Nazi Punks, Funk off" but will go popular picks to start
I think the official release is 1980.  Still, this had to blow people's minds when it came out.  

k. JZilla can snag if he wants. Figure i'll go like @Long Ball Larry with a mainstay punk song. had a few others in mind, but seeing this is from '78 (i thought early 80s) i'll go a classic:

Holiday in Cambodia - Dead Kennedy's   -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr6NOsluHYg

This ####### guy gets it. He ####### gets it!!!!!

blink 182 :lol:

In college I went to a spoken word event with Jello Biafra, Henry Rollins and Ice T.  They’re legit lunatics

I had dabbled in punk in my teens, loving Sex Pistols and not digging Dead Kennedys (that eventually changed). I knew who the Ramones, Fugazi and the Misfits were but never had a source for that sort of music.  The 90s were a long time ago. Then a buddy of mine who was seriously into punk played a few tunes for us in his car while cruising around one night. All of us were deep into grunge and alternative by then, and to my buddy's credit, he chose those songs wisely. Even had the cassettes all cued up for us. Changed all of our lives, literally. 

Couple years later I saw these guys at First Avenue in Mpls with one of the guys from the car. They played this for their encore. Best pit I've ever experienced and one of the singular best moments of my life.

Anyway, this was one of the tunes my buddy played in his Cutlass Cierra, cruising around the back country roads in rural MN all those years ago.

7 Seconds -99 Red Ballloons

Studio version

Live version

I played the live video for my 6 year old a while back. He ####ing loves it. Punk rules.
Im going to stay young until I die is the song I sang with Punk rock karaoke in Philly warped tour and was the first punk song I learned on guitar last year. 

In college I went to a spoken word event with Jello Biafra, Henry Rollins and Ice T.  They’re legit lunatics
wow, that must have been awesome. i'm guessing eclectic crowd. Strangest mosh pit i ever was in was at a Rollind Band concert. every age and group you can think of were there

wow, that must have been awesome. i'm guessing eclectic crowd. Strangest mosh pit i ever was in was at a Rollind Band concert. every age and group you can think of were there
I didn’t really know what to expect. It was in a lecture hall and was mostly college students with maybe 25% older people. I left feeling like “WTF did I just see?!” and felt like it was a waste, but it was so memorable that as I get older it’s one of those things I appreciate more and more and it’s actually a really fond memory

I didn’t really know what to expect. It was in a lecture hall and was mostly college students with maybe 25% older people. I left feeling like “WTF did I just see?!” and felt like it was a waste, but it was so memorable that as I get older it’s one of those things I appreciate more and more and it’s actually a really fond memory
Sorry, I didn't add you in the order, jump in with your first pick here.

1.1-Ilov80s-Dammit-Blink-182

1.2-Ron Swanson-Infected-Bad Religion

1.3-AcerFC-American Jesus-Bad Religion

1.4-Long Ball Larry-Blitzkrieg Bop-The Ramones

1.5-Northern Voice-One Chord Wonders-The Adverts

1.6-Eephus-SKIP-

1.7-Bonzai-Banned in D.C.-Bad Brains

1.8-AhrnCityPahnder-12xU-Wire

1.9-rockaction-The Spaghetti Song-Dancing French Liberalls of '48

1.10-trogg78-I'm Stranded-The Saints

1.11-JZilla-SKIP-

1.12-modogg-Holiday in Cambodia-Dead Kennedys