What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PUNK Music Draft - Now Ongoing post awesome punk songs thread (1 Viewer)

That’s an epic fugazi tune
Gracias. Definitely is a necessity, thought it would go 1st round. i like my punk hard, fast, and loud, but this band has helped to define what Punk is. Not only through music but how they live and conduct business. Should be on any soundtrack of mandatory punk songs:

Fugazi - Waiting Room  -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijnhdfqKRV0

think @JZilla is up, could be wrong though. @trogg78

ETA: i am guessing that isn't an official video. Come to think of it, i don't even know if they have one

Last edited by a moderator:
I had dabbled in punk in my teens, loving Sex Pistols and not digging Dead Kennedys (that eventually changed). I knew who the Ramones, Fugazi and the Misfits were but never had a source for that sort of music.  The 90s were a long time ago. Then a buddy of mine who was seriously into punk played a few tunes for us in his car while cruising around one night. All of us were deep into grunge and alternative by then, and to my buddy's credit, he chose those songs wisely. Even had the cassettes all cued up for us. Changed all of our lives, literally. 

Couple years later I saw these guys at First Avenue in Mpls with one of the guys from the car. They played this for their encore. Best pit I've ever experienced and one of the singular best moments of my life.

Anyway, this was one of the tunes my buddy played in his Cutlass Cierra, cruising around the back country roads in rural MN all those years ago.

7 Seconds -99 Red Ballloons

Studio version

Live version

I played the live video for my 6 year old a while back. He ####ing loves it. Punk rules.
:towelwave: I played the everloving #### out of Walk Together, Rock Together in 11th grade. 

That Stranglers tune was picked in some draft here a while back and is one of my all time favorites. Will be following and hoping to discover new treasures.

Really no strategy here.  These things usually take days/weeks to lift off, so I'm happy to see you all rolling along.  Skip skip skiddley dee

So the rules on page one are basically it?  Like I care I'm fouckin punk rawk

trogg78 said:
Dead Boys-Sonic Reducer

This is one of my favorite bands. Saw their reunion/revival a few months back and they still put on a great show.
This song and band were major cornerstones in punk. Great inclusion. 

Watched the Bad Brains doc (mucho gracias @AcerFC )late into the night. One of their main influences was Dead Boys. And Bad Brains beget basically every punk band since. 

Herb said:
I had dabbled in punk in my teens, loving Sex Pistols and not digging Dead Kennedys (that eventually changed). I knew who the Ramones, Fugazi and the Misfits were but never had a source for that sort of music.  The 90s were a long time ago. Then a buddy of mine who was seriously into punk played a few tunes for us in his car while cruising around one night. All of us were deep into grunge and alternative by then, and to my buddy's credit, he chose those songs wisely. Even had the cassettes all cued up for us. Changed all of our lives, literally. 

Couple years later I saw these guys at First Avenue in Mpls with one of the guys from the car. They played this for their encore. Best pit I've ever experienced and one of the singular best moments of my life.

Anyway, this was one of the tunes my buddy played in his Cutlass Cierra, cruising around the back country roads in rural MN all those years ago.

7 Seconds -99 Red Ballloons

Studio version

Live version

I played the live video for my 6 year old a while back. He ####ing loves it. Punk rules.
I once took a piss next to Kevin Seconds right before he went on stage at Turners in Madison, WI. They were the warm-up act, for whom I can't remember.  This was over 30 years ago.  The only reason I recognized him is that he had his eye black on. It was his thing at the time.  We spoke briefly, and it was my claim to fame for a few weeks. Great band, great show.

Ok, tag me before the round is over and I will make two picks... we'll let NV figure out where to slip me in the order. 

i think you're up.
crap.  thanks.   hey GB @rockaction tag me after you pick in even rounds -- I'm pretty dumb and will miss obvious cues, otherwise.

2.x -- Big Black -- Kerosene

Big Black wasn't traditional punk rock in look or musical style - but I dare you to find more than a handful of people more tied to an ethos and a "FU, I'm doin this my way" than Steve Albini.  

@Bonzai , you up

crap.  thanks.   hey GB @rockaction tag me after you pick in even rounds -- I'm pretty dumb and will miss obvious cues, otherwise.

Big Black wasn't traditional punk rock in look or musical style - but I dare you to find more than a handful of people more tied to an ethos and a "FU, I'm doin this my way" than Steve Albini.  

@Bonzai , you up
Argh. I forgot. Sorry, bud. I'll do right next time.  

:lol:  My first attempt there was a bit off.

1.1-Ilov80s-Dammit-Blink-182

1.2-Ron Swanson-Infected-Bad Religion

1.3-AcerFC-American Jesus-Bad Religion

1.4-Long Ball Larry-Blitzkrieg Bop-The Ramones

1.5-Northern Voice-One Chord Wonders-The Adverts

1.6-Eephus-Husker Du-It's Not Funny Anymore

1.7-Bonzai-Banned in D.C.-Bad Brains

1.8-AhrnCityPahnder-12xU-Wire

1.9-rockaction-The Spaghetti Song-Dancing French Liberalls of '48

1.10-trogg78-I'm Stranded-The Saints

1.11-JZilla-OWES-

1.12-modogg-Holiday in Cambodia-Dead Kennedys

1.13-El Floppo-It's So Easy-Jay Reatard

1.14-Jaysus-OWES-

1.15-Mike Damone-Suspect Device-Stiff Little Fingers

1.16-Dickies-Story of My Life-Social Distortion

1.17-Herb-99 Red Balloons-7 Seconds

2.1-Herb-Where Eagles Dare-Misfits

2.2-Dickies-Anarchy in the UK-Sex Pistols

2.3-Mike Damone-If I Should Fall From Grace With God-The Pogues

2.4-Jaysus-OWES-

2.5-El Floppo-A Tribute to Russ Meyer-Mutants

2.6-modogg-Waiting Room-Fugazi

2.7-JZilla-OWES-

2.8-trogg78-Sonic Reducer-Dead Boys

2.9-rockaction-Minutemen-Bob Dylan Wrote Propoganda Songs

2.10-AhrnCityPahnder-Kerosene-Big Black

2.11-Bonzai--

2.12-Eephus--

2.13-Northern Voice--

2.14-Long Ball Larry--

2.15-AcerFC--

2.16-Ron Swanson--

2.17-Ilov80s--

@Bonzai , you up
Unfamiliar with this. Likey.

Users who are viewing this thread