What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Jameis Winston, NO (4 Viewers)

Uncle Leo said:
Winston was looking at 450 and 4 if not for that Humphries fumble. This kid’s shoulder is aight. 
2 more turnovers. He was looking at a 4 turnover game but twice the ball hit the defender in the hands and they dropped it. His butter fingers also caused another fumble he was lucky to recover. No one covered Howard twice. Yeah, great game. :lmao:   He's a loser at 2-4 now. 

Pipes said:
Damn wasn't confident with the injury and benched him for Palmer.  Never going to make that mistake again....stud.
I did the exact same thing, and in another a league-mate did the exact same substitution.  Will likely end up costing us both a Dub.  

Great performance today. He finally started taking the underneath throw and it opened up the entire field. 

Unfortunately they gave up 30 points to the Bills. 

2 more turnovers. He was looking at a 4 turnover game but twice the ball hit the defender in the hands and they dropped it. His butter fingers also caused another fumble he was lucky to recover. No one covered Howard twice. Yeah, great game. :lmao:   He's a loser at 2-4 now. 
LT whiffed on the backside and Winston got absolutely crushed on the play where he fumbled. No QB in the league would have held onto the ball. 

also his first pick since week 2. Keep on keeping wrong though. 

LT whiffed on the backside and Winston got absolutely crushed on the play where he fumbled. No QB in the league would have held onto the ball. 

also his first pick since week 2. Keep on keeping wrong though. 
Nothing wrong about my post. He overthrew Jackson on a deep pass that the defender was alone and it hit him in the hands and he flat out dropped it. Horrible pass bailed out by a drop by the other team. The other one was in the hands of the defender but stolen by Jackson, other wise that is also an INT by this inaccurate bum. I know it, Dirk knows it but he's stuck with it. Keep your dream alive though.

So with 1.5 years left on his deal, at what point do we extend him to his record-breaking contract...this offseason?  He may be the most prepared 24 year old for the future ever.

So with 1.5 years left on his deal, at what point do we extend him to his record-breaking contract...this offseason?  He may be the most prepared 24 year old for the future ever.
Can they extend him this off-season? I'm sure they would do it if they can. 

Technically he still has 2 and a half years left with the 5th year option. They still need to extend Evans, Kwon (who was invisible yesterday), Brate, and Marpet. 

You definitely want to get it done before you get into Kirk Cousins territory though. 

Technically he still has 2 and a half years left with the 5th year option. They still need to extend Evans, Kwon (who was invisible yesterday), Brate, and Marpet. 

You definitely want to get it done before you get into Kirk Cousins territory though. 
Going to be in a weird spot in a few years when they have to re-up some studs like Evans, Winston and Kwon, yet still have a mediocre team surrounding them. 

That would be Wentz right now because he has a better coach and organization around him. Of course that is my totally subjective, biased opinion.

That would be Wentz right now because he has a better coach and organization around him. Of course that is my totally subjective, biased opinion.
Jameis also has 16 more starts, has thrown 500 more passes, for 4500 more yards, 31 more TDs...and is a year younger.  Org and coach are important, but I was referring more to his amount of game-time experience at a young age.

Jameis also has 16 more starts, has thrown 500 more passes, for 4500 more yards, 31 more TDs...and is a year younger.  Org and coach are important, but I was referring more to his amount of game-time experience at a young age.
Watch Wentz tonight and see if he doesn't look like a QB who has a total understanding of the game in his second year in the league. Yes, he could have a stinker of a game tonight and I could end up looking really stupid, but I think developmentally this season he has looked like an 8 year veteran in terms of game awareness. He didn't have a great game with some of his throws against Carolina, but he still led the offense to 3 TD's and 2 FG's on a short week on the road against a strong defense.

Experience is great, but is only important if you are learning from it. I am not judging Jamais on just one game, but all those extra starts didn't seem to help him in his game a few weeks ago against the Patriots. He looked really bad.

Anyway, both QB's are very good and should be good for years to come. I think we can agree on that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to be in a weird spot in a few years when they have to re-up some studs like Evans, Winston and Kwon, yet still have a mediocre team surrounding them. 
I felt like this year and next year was the true "window" for them to be a significant contender.  After that McCoy and LaVonte will no longer be true impact players and they'll take up a lot of the cap to keep them around.  DeSean is probably done by then as well.  Mega dollars will have to go to Evans and Winston so the free agents will be more difficult to attract.   

Calais Campbell was there for the taking in free agency this year.  I'd say it was probably an either/or between him and DeSean so you can't fault Licht and the Glazers for getting Winston a weapon, but it would be really nice to have a guy who has more sacks than the entire Bucs' defense. 

Fortunately they haven't played a game in the division yet.  If the defense can get it figured out the season can turn around in a hurry. 

The difference between the Eagles and the Bucs right now is Jim Schwartz. I love that style of defense and wanted him coaching the Bucs’ D bad.

Grahamburn said:
The difference between the Eagles and the Bucs right now is Jim Schwartz. I love that style of defense and wanted him coaching the Bucs’ D bad.
That's one difference for sure. But Pederson is really showing that he knows what he is doing and Roseman has done a great job of Orchestrating trades and bringing in talent. The whole organization right now is firing on all cylinders

If you watched last night's game, do you still think that Winston is more prepared for the future than Wentz?

Also, Wentz is awesome. Jameis is awesome. Not much need to compare the two. Wentz has a much better coaching staff, that's for sure. Jameis has better raw talent around him. 

You referenced the Pats game earlier - you really like basing things on one game huh 
Not necessarily. But part of being ready for the future is showing up big in prime time. Winston did not fare very well in prime time against New England, Wentz has performed very well In prime time against Carolina and Washington. I agree with you that both QB's are very good and that how ready they are for the future is totally subjective. Gump seems convinced that Jamais is the most ready for the future, I am just trying to show him the Wentz is very much in the conversation.

That's one difference for sure. But Pederson is really showing that he knows what he is doing and Roseman has done a great job of Orchestrating trades and bringing in talent. The whole organization right now is firing on all cylinders
No argument here.  I'd be happy with either player and think both franchises are set at the position.

Pretty good day today. Only 3 turnovers today. Any questions? Have you seen enough?
I'm confused.  I heard he was the best young QB in the league about to get a record breaking deal.

I just wish he would stop killing Doug Martin's value with his terrible play.

I'm confused.  I heard he was the best young QB in the league about to get a record breaking deal.

I just wish he would stop killing Doug Martin's value with his terrible play.
You were listening to the wrong people. Listen to what I say about him if you want an accurate description.

That's a bit of an overreaction.  He was great last week.  His average points per game puts him at QB12 in my league which means he's worth starting.
Yup you're right.  Looked back at his numbers and he's been pretty solid.  Thought he would end up around top 6 but he's been serviceable 

Yup you're right.  Looked back at his numbers and he's been pretty solid.  Thought he would end up around top 6 but he's been serviceable 
I have him on two teams and had him last year.  I know the frustration.  Last week I started Tyrod over him and Winston had a great game.  This week I was confident in him and he sucked.

Can’t tell if it’s Winston, coaching or scheme but he sure does have enough talent around him. 

Case Keenum-led offense is outperforming the Bucs lately. 

Coaching is an issue but Jameis still continues to make really bad decisions with the ball. At this point, I'm not convinced he is the future.

Coaching is an issue but Jameis still continues to make really bad decisions with the ball. At this point, I'm not convinced he is the future.
He's the one throwing the picks, he's the one fumbling the ball. Doesn't matter who your coach is if you have a turnover machine.

I think this guy has regressed even worse than he was as a rookie. Tampa Bay needs to draft a quarterback this year. They can surround him with all the weapons in the world. It makes no difference. He's just not a good player.

Yea I saw that pregame speech earlier.  What a freaking weirdo.  imagine drew Brees on the other side acting like that.  

Users who are viewing this thread