What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Jameis Winston, NO (5 Viewers)

duaneok66 said:
Bigboy10182000 said:
@NewSchoolSS: THIS.

"@Juzman72 "it was horrible man, he grabbed them & just took off like nothing"-on Jameis Winston's shoplifting http://t.co/jDzrDyz0bR"
you didn't read the whole account - he said he "forgot" to pay for them.
Not to defend Jameis, but it's easy to get distracted and forget to pay for an item. I've done it at the local Publix store and went back into the store later to pay for the item I "stole". My conscience wasn't worth it. Now that doesn't take into account all the times that Publix uses their tricky "deals" where you have to buy 2 to get one item free in small print and they still run it in the BOGO's. :rant:

I've been burned plenty by their confusing deals. Publix just as guilty as stealing from non-suspecting customers who don't check their receipts as they are of non-suspecting customers who forget to pay for an item tucked at the bottom of the cart tray. It happens, part of the cost of business. Goes both ways. I'm sure Jameis didn't mean to steal the crab legs on account of saving himself $20 or something trivial. But the thread is entertaining at least. It's a non-story.

Players get hooked up all the time in college towns. He could of taken the easy way out and lied about it or pointed fingers, but he took the fall. If anything this boost his draft stock IMO. He is definitely a team player.

The rape allegations were bs. Anyone who followed the story knows the girl was full of it. She was part of a group of chicks called the "FSU Cleat chasers" and she wasn't even drunk. She hopped on the back of his scooter and he gave her a ride home. Then she apparently had no idea who he was... The dude Casher video taped her on her knees in front of him for crying out loud. But, he will forever be labeled as a rapist by the haters.

Last edited by a moderator:
@NewSchoolSS: THIS.

"@Juzman72 "it was horrible man, he grabbed them & just took off like nothing"-on Jameis Winston's shoplifting http://t.co/jDzrDyz0bR"
you didn't read the whole account - he said he "forgot" to pay for them.
Not to defend Jameis, but it's easy to get distracted and forget to pay for an item. I've done it at the local Publix store and went back into the store later to pay for the item I "stole". My conscience wasn't worth it. Now that doesn't take into account all the times that Publix uses their tricky "deals" where you have to buy 2 to get one item free in small print and they still run it in the BOGO's. :rant:

I've been burned plenty by their confusing deals. Publix just as guilty as stealing from non-suspecting customers who don't check their receipts as they are of non-suspecting customers who forget to pay for an item tucked at the bottom of the cart tray. It happens, part of the cost of business. Goes both ways. I'm sure Jameis didn't mean to steal the crab legs on account of saving himself $20 or something trivial. But the thread is entertaining at least. It's a non-story.
I call BS. We use the euphemism entitlement to refer to what previously was called (racial term)-ly behavior.

Players get hooked up all the time in college towns. He could of taken the easy way out and lied about it or pointed fingers, but he took the fall. If anything this boost his draft stock IMO. He is definitely a team player.

The rape allegations were bs. Anyone who followed the story knows the girl was full of it. She was part of a group of chicks called the "FSU Cleat chasers" and she wasn't even drunk. She hopped on the back of his scooter and he gave her a ride home. Then she apparently had no idea who he was... The dude Casher video taped her on her knees in front of him for crying out loud. But, he will forever be labeled as a rapist by the haters.
Obviously, he just needs to put the sexual assault in the back of everyone's mind. Maybe by stealing some shrimp, and showing even more team spirit.

Look, he's obviously getting the hook up when he goes out to eat wherever he goes. This is common for all players up there, it must be insane for him.

He didn't forget, he did what he's always been doing. Somebody this time (I imagine a manager there or somebody who can't stand him) saw it though and called the cops. It was dumb, he needs to now stop doing it, but if you root for a major college football program, your favorite player is doing it too.

It was dumb, he needs to now stop doing it, but if you root for a major college football program, your favorite player is doing it too.
Yes, but my favorite player isn't stupid enough to get caught. :grad:
Aren't you an Ohio State fan? If so you're entire program hit the skids for a few years for taking tons of free stuff.

(If you're not, then I just like the example)

Premier said:
It was dumb, he needs to now stop doing it, but if you root for a major college football program, your favorite player is doing it too.
Yes, but my favorite player isn't stupid enough to get caught. :grad:
Aren't you an Ohio State fan? If so you're entire program hit the skids for a few years for taking tons of free stuff.

(If you're not, then I just like the example)
Leroy Hoard an Ohio State fan? :boxing:

The only Ohio team I root for is the Toledo Mudhens.

Look, he's obviously getting the hook up when he goes out to eat wherever he goes. This is common for all players up there, it must be insane for him.

He didn't forget, he did what he's always been doing. Somebody this time (I imagine a manager there or somebody who can't stand him) saw it though and called the cops. It was dumb, he needs to now stop doing it, but if you root for a major college football program, your favorite player is doing it too.
He didn't get hooked up. Anyone who has ever had a friend work at a market knows the way to get hooked up. You bring everything up, and they ring in some stuff, but not others.

He stole the stuff:

Surveillance video shows Jameis Winston appearing to go out of his way to avoid walking past store security with his 30-odd dollars worth of crab legs, perhaps putting the lie to his claim to officers that he had forgotten to pay.

The Tallahassee Democrat has obtained the incident report from the Leon County Sheriff's Office, which you can read below.

Last Tuesday, Winston entered the Tallahassee Publix and ordered from the seafood counter three pounds of crab legs with Old Bay, and one pound of crawfish with Cajun seasoning. He then left the store before returning to pick up his order. On his way out he stopped in the dairy aisle to grab a package of butter. The responding deputy describes what he saw in the footage from store surveillance cameras:

When Mr. Winston reached the front of the store, Deputy Graves was visible in front of Mr. Winston. Deputy Graves was working a security detail in the store in an off-duty capacity at the time of the theft. Mr. Winston paused visibly near a series of sale bins and allowed Deputy Graves to pass in front of him. The pause appeared to be an attempt to avoid walking in front of Deputy Graves. Mr. Winston then walked behind Deputy Graves, passed all points of sale, and exited the store without paying for the merchandise.
A store employee and a manager, who both recognized Winston, assumed he was going to get a shopping cart. When he didn't return, they contacted police.

There's still a big mystery here: The Mystery of the Disappearing Publix Butter. Winston admitted to deputies that he didn't pay for the seafood, but told them he had dropped the butter in a sale bin at the front of the store before leaving, after he realizing he didn't need it. But surveillance video didn't show him putting down the butter, and a search of the sale bin (hours later) didn't turn up the butter. Where's the butter, Jameis?!

Winston was given a civil citation for shoplifting. He was handed 20 hours of community service and an indefinite suspension from FSU's baseball team. It was announced on Sunday that he had completed the 20 hours and would be reinstated.

Pretty silly to post that but all I've ever heard about him is that he is super intelligent in the classroom.

Seems to be in response to McCarron's mom. He should be above that.

Rotoworld:

FSU redshirt sophomore QB Jameis Winston is "causing some scouts to question his pro-readiness" because of his off-field transgressions, according to CBS Sports' Derek Stephens.
The Heisman Trophy winner had a rocky offseason, finding himself in the middle of an investigation for sexual assault and getting charged with shoplifting. "There's no doubt Winston would be the top overall prospect for the 2015 draft if these two areas of question weren't so magnified," Stephens wrote. "Thus, 2014 presents an opportunity for him to quell both concerns and establish position as the unquestionable front-runner to be selected first overall, should he choose to turn pro next spring."

Source: CBS Sports

Florida State is proceeding with a school investigation of Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback Jameis Winston related to the alleged rape of a fellow FSU student in 2012, an attorney for the woman told USA TODAY Sports. Florida State officials traveled to where the woman lives in early August to interview her for the first time since she reported the alleged assault to police in Dec. 2012.

"They assured us that the Title IX process was going to move forward," said John Clune, a Title IX attorney representing the woman. "The interview went pretty well. I think it was a positive experience, and everyone felt like the university was taking it very seriously."

Clune said the lengthy interview with his client gave FSU more information than it previously had from the Tallahassee police department investigation. He said FSU officials interviewed two other people but that he does not know if Winston has been interviewed.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2014/09/04/jameis-winston-florida-state-investigation-sexual-assault-allegations/15080921/

Winston also said his first-half absence shouldn't have an effect on the game: "One person can't change no game or no outcome. I can't go out there and win a football game. (The team) is going to win the football game."
Sounds the college education is paying off.

As my coach used to say: "Young, dumb, and full of..."

He's a young man, that is confident in himself. He's not out doing drugs, getting in to fights, shooting people, looting places. He does more ignorant things than concerning things. He stole some crab legs...stupid. Stood up on a table and made a PSA laced with profanity...stupid. Perhaps he is doing these things to get a laugh?

I'm not saying it is right, but there are worse things going on. Is the NFL trying to deflect attention from their players that are beating women and children to college kids doing goofy stuff and then trying to make it seem like he has "character concerns"?

:yawn: Wake me when it's over.

P.S.

Is there a link to what he actually said?

He reportedly said "F*** her right in the p*****!" Profound stuff.

As my coach used to say: "Young, dumb, and full of..."

He's a young man, that is confident in himself. He's not out doing drugs, getting in to fights, shooting people, looting places. He does more ignorant things than concerning things. He stole some crab legs...stupid. Stood up on a table and made a PSA laced with profanity...stupid. Perhaps he is doing these things to get a laugh?

I'm not saying it is right, but there are worse things going on. Is the NFL trying to deflect attention from their players that are beating women and children to college kids doing goofy stuff and then trying to make it seem like he has "character concerns"?

:yawn: Wake me when it's over.

P.S.

Is there a link to what he actually said?
Someone made this on Vine... NSFW language - Turn Down speakers or put headphones on.

https://vine.co/v/OW5nDAZ6bHB

It's a meme and it's profane, but what college kid hasn't said those words. Non story of you ask me.

LOL! I just watched the youtube vine. Vulgar and immature...but not "concerning". It's an internet craze. They're kids. Get over it.

Taken alone, it's a non-story.

Added to the pile of:

Basebrawl

Stolen soft drink at a fast food restaurant

Sexual assault allegations

Stolen Crab legs

All signs point to this kid being really, really bad at making decisions.

Users who are viewing this thread