What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Russell Wilson, PIT (3 Viewers)

When you sign guys to these types of contracts, it just puts more pressure on the scouting department and building through the drafts than would normally need to be done. You need to find talent for cheap and keep them coming through the revolving door year in and year out.

Nice. He's worth it.
Do you think this is the salary cap backbreaker you were hoping for?
Makes it more difficult going forward.

All teams with top QBs end up dealing with it. Takes a big part of the cap to keep a top guy around.
It's tough this year for sure with all the dead Harvin money. We still have Bobby Wagner to sign and then next year will be a decision on Okung (who I think they need to keep), but otherwise the cap looks pretty friendly in 2016.

Nice. He's worth it.

All teams with top QBs end up dealing with it. Takes a big part of the cap to keep a top guy around.
Unless the QB's wife is a bazillionaire and he's willing to take less to help the team.
Brady?

He didn't really take less.

Just always restructured to change cap stuff.

http://deadspin.com/actually-tom-brady-is-getting-another-raise-1676198955

Last edited by a moderator:
Brady?

Unless I'm seeing the salaries incorrectly, he's making significantly less than his market value. Yes, he's shifted some money around to help the team, but the total dollar figures for each of the past few years are a lot less than the top QBs.

EDIT: To add LINK
There's been plenty of rumor that Brady is going to earn on the backside after he retires to make up for the low salary. Then again, I've also heard he's innocent.

Brady?

Unless I'm seeing the salaries incorrectly, he's making significantly less than his market value. Yes, he's shifted some money around to help the team, but the total dollar figures for each of the past few years are a lot less than the top QBs.

EDIT: To add LINK
Got a bunch guaranteed and moved around.

Still I think average with everything is around 15mil per maybe?

Less than the top guys...but he certainly did not take any cuts.

Just got money in a different way and actually got more.

Nice. He's worth it.

It's tough this year for sure with all the dead Harvin money. We still have Bobby Wagner to sign and then next year will be a decision on Okung (who I think they need to keep), but otherwise the cap looks pretty friendly in 2016.
The 2016 cap is $115M before Wilson's deal, which will add $20M or so.

They've got a lot of players to re-sign next year.

Good for Wilson, he has earned it and deserves it. And props to him for getting divorced while he was still on his rookie contract of beans and rice.

Nice. He's worth it.

The 2016 cap is $115M before Wilson's deal, which will add $20M or so.

They've got a lot of players to re-sign next year.
With the anticipated cap for 2016 around $150M that means they should have ~$15M available. I see two people on that list who should command big money (Wagner, Okung). I think it's very doable.

So the stat they just cited on NFLN is that Wilson has the 2nd most lost fumbles since 2012. Ok is that true, if it is true who is first, and regardless does it matter or what does it mean?

So the stat they just cited on NFLN is that Wilson has the 2nd most lost fumbles since 2012. Ok is that true, if it is true who is first, and regardless does it matter or what does it mean?
thought I remember that of all fumbles SEA had last year, they recovered them all?

Here's the numbers

Link

edit to add - he is very good at either recovering his fumbles or his team recovering them (recovered 9 of his 13)

Phil Rivers is the opposite

Note, earlier link is by year. I took the data and compiled it, here's the summary:

Wilson has most fumbles, but is 13th in "fumbles lost"

Using a filter of min 16 games played, he is 4th in % fumbles recovered (52%), behind Henne/Glennon/B Smith. So obviously he or his team is good at recovering fumbles. League average for QB fumbles is 32% recovery

Wilson averages 0.63 fumbles / game, which is 6th over that period (Vick at 0.73, RG3 at 0.86). Sanchez is highest at 0.88 / game

It is a little disingenuous to:

1) Say he has most fumbles (fumbles/game much more meaningful)
2) Say it without noting that over half his fumbles are not lost

year after year in and out russel the flying muchacho crow mr wilson has proven to be the best at having the refs blow calls to help his team win a game is it because of his dashing looks or his shining personality who knows maybe it is just some jeane sayquaw about him but long story short he is the best there is at that take that to the bank bromigos

year after year in and out russel the flying muchacho crow mr wilson has proven to be the best at having the refs blow calls to help his team win a game is it because of his dashing looks or his shining personality who knows maybe it is just some jeane sayquaw about him but long story short he is the best there is at that take that to the bank bromigos
I don't really understand what you are saying....but if its positive for Mr. Wilson then I agree with you.

Great player for real football but not good for fantasy this year. Doesn't even hardly run any longer. Seems to be having more accuracy problems this year. One game with more than one TD pass. No rushing TD's. They don't use Graham correctly. Don't think it will change either because they're winning games. I cut him for Tyrod Taylor. Didn't think I would ever be saying that when I thought I stole Wilson in the 7th rd of our draft.

Just dropped him for cutler due to bye. Likely won't pick him back up after and just roll with cutler rest of season

Debating just dropping him in redraft - any reason not to? Jameis/Bortles/Taylor/Mariotta all prob just as good if not better for fantasy purposes this season.

Users who are viewing this thread