What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Will Levis, TEN (2 Viewers)

ESPN's Chris Mortensen writes Will Levis' toe was "problematic" for one team that considered him in the first round.​

"Another team believes Levis could manage it but thought surgery would need discussion after season," Mortensen added. Levis is in full freefall as we're 25 picks into the draft and his name has not been called yet. It's still possible he goes tonight, but this adds another layer of concern to investing a high pick in the Kentucky quarterback.
SOURCE: Chris Mortensen on Twitter
Apr 27, 2023, 11:11 PM ET

Boy, he would be an amazing value if he made it to the Rams in round 2, as Stafford's heir apparent, and got to be coached by McVay.

I think Tampa, Tennessee, and maybe even Vegas are in play as well.

ESPN's Matt Miller reports the Colts have QB Will Levis ahead of QB Anthony Richardson because Levis is "more likely to play right away."​

With the fourth pick of the first round, the Colts are almost certain to select a quarterback, and it seems Levis' pro readiness makes him the favorite to go ahead of the rawer Richardson, who blew away scouts at the NFL Combine. Levis would compete with Gardner Minshew for Week 1 starting duties in Indianapolis and would eventually become the team's starter if Minshew lands the Week 1 gig and struggles for a stretch. The inaccurate Levis would likely be bad news for Michael Pittman and the rest of the Colts' pass catchers.
Hindsight an all, but still funny.

I may have to accept that the Colts may take him at 4. I already said if they take AR at 4 I would pucker up for the cows. I've already said I am a huge UK fan (grew up there) and have been against the Colts taking him, but if they do I will just hope they know what they are doing.

Pucker up, buttercup.

I may have to accept that the Colts may take him at 4. I already said if they take AR at 4 I would pucker up for the cows. I've already said I am a huge UK fan (grew up there) and have been against the Colts taking him, but if they do I will just hope they know what they are doing.

Pucker up, buttercup.
I'm halfway through Olmsted county. I may have to stop in at Kwik Trip to get some more chap stick.

Last edited:

The Athletic's Dane Brugler believes the Titans will draft Kentucky QB Will Levis in the second round of the 2023 NFL Draft.​

Levis, who entered Thursday night's opening round as a near-lock to go in the first five picks, slid out of the first round, perhaps due to lingering concerns over a toe injury that may or may not require surgery. The Titans are a good bet to take a quarterback in this draft with Ryan Tannehill entering his age-35 season and showing signs of decline in 2022. "The Titans did extensive work on the Kentucky quarterback, and though they felt No. 11 was too rich, the second round would be a nice landing spot," Brugler said. Levis would likely start 2023 as a backup unless the Titans deal Tannehill in the interim. Brugler projects Hendon Hooker being drafted (by the Rams) before Levis in the second round.
RELATED:
SOURCE: The Athletic
Apr 28, 2023, 8:31 AM ET

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports teams have called the Steelers about trading for the No. 32 pick in the NFL Draft.​

Quarterback-needy teams are knocking down the Steelers' door for the first pick of the second round, apparently to draft Kentucky QB Will Levis. That could include teams like the Seahawks, who have the 37th pick, and the Raiders, who pick 38th. The Athletic's Dane Brugler projects Levis to fall all the way to the Titans at No. 41, and for Tennessee QB Hendon Hooker to be taken before Levis despite Hooker's catastrophic 2022 knee injury. Levis is sure to go in the first portion of the second round. Second round draft capital means he'll be far less likely to start than he would have been as a top-five selection.
SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
Apr 28, 2023, 9:08 AM ET

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports teams have called the Steelers about trading for the No. 32 pick in the NFL Draft.​

Quarterback-needy teams are knocking down the Steelers' door for the first pick of the second round, apparently to draft Kentucky QB Will Levis. That could include teams like the Seahawks, who have the 37th pick, and the Raiders, who pick 38th. The Athletic's Dane Brugler projects Levis to fall all the way to the Titans at No. 41, and for Tennessee QB Hendon Hooker to be taken before Levis despite Hooker's catastrophic 2022 knee injury. Levis is sure to go in the first portion of the second round. Second round draft capital means he'll be far less likely to start than he would have been as a top-five selection.
SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
Apr 28, 2023, 9:08 AM ET
Thank you Chicago!

Saddest of trombones.

That said, with that chick in red, Levis already won.

I’m starting to wonder if he even gets picked day 2. 😬

The Athletic's Dane Brugler believes the Titans will draft Kentucky QB Will Levis in the second round of the 2023 NFL Draft.​

Levis, who entered Thursday night's opening round as a near-lock to go in the first five picks, slid out of the first round, perhaps due to lingering concerns over a toe injury that may or may not require surgery. The Titans are a good bet to take a quarterback in this draft with Ryan Tannehill entering his age-35 season and showing signs of decline in 2022. "The Titans did extensive work on the Kentucky quarterback, and though they felt No. 11 was too rich, the second round would be a nice landing spot," Brugler said. Levis would likely start 2023 as a backup unless the Titans deal Tannehill in the interim. Brugler projects Hendon Hooker being drafted (by the Rams) before Levis in the second round.
RELATED:
SOURCE: The Athletic
Apr 28, 2023, 8:31 AM ET
I’d be quite okay with them getting whichever falls further between Hooker and Levis. Just don’t give up much to move if they must.
Or just trade the #41 for Lance.

:lmao: at “Second round draft capital means he'll be far less likely to start than he would have been as a top-five selection.”

Maybe its just narrative building, but part of me thinks this could be the best thing that could have happened for Levis. Less pressure, chip on his shoulder kind of thing. It doesn't work for everyone, obviously, but how many times have we heard stories of QB's like:

Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers
Russell Wilson
Kirk Cousins
Derek Carr
Dak Prescott
Patrick Mahomes
Jalen Hurts

all say that being picked later than they wanted/expected made them work even harder to succeed and prove their doubters wrong.

I don't think falling out of the 1st round is a death sentence for Levis (or Hooker for that matter) whatsoever.

Maybe its just narrative building, but part of me thinks this could be the best thing that could have happened for Levis. Less pressure, chip on his shoulder kind of thing. It doesn't work for everyone, obviously, but how many times have we heard stories of QB's like:

Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers
Russell Wilson
Kirk Cousins
Derek Carr
Dak Prescott
Patrick Mahomes
Jalen Hurts

all say that being picked later than they wanted/expected made them work even harder to succeed and prove their doubters wrong.

I don't think falling out of the 1st round is a death sentence for Levis (or Hooker for that matter) whatsoever.
With the 2.01, pick #32 of the 2001 NFL draft the San Diego chargers select one of the greatest QBs of all time…

Patrick Mahomes
I get the other guys on your list . . . but not sure why Mahomes was on there. There were 28 teams that attended his Pro Day. KC moved up from 27 to 10 to draft him. Not really sure being a Top 10 pick qualifies as being snubbed, overlooked, or slighted somehow. He wasn't projected to be the first QB selected or a Top 5 pick. IIRC, he was in a group of QBs that were considerations as first round picks.

Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers
Russell Wilson
Kirk Cousins
Derek Carr
Dak Prescott
Patrick Mahomes
Jalen Hurts

Anything is possible, but the odds are stacked against him.

Patrick Mahomes
I get the other guys on your list . . . but not sure why Mahomes was on there. There were 28 teams that attended his Pro Day. KC moved up from 27 to 10 to draft him. Not really sure being a Top 10 pick qualifies as being snubbed, overlooked, or slighted somehow. He wasn't projected to be the first QB selected or a Top 5 pick. IIRC, he was in a group of QBs that were considerations as first round picks.
He's a stretch draft pick wise, but he has said in interviews that not being the 1st QB taken was a motivator for him.

He must have turned off a lot of teams with his attitude, selfies and showing up sleeveless for his interviews, to say, hey, look at my biceps. QBs that need fixing probably shouldn’t do that.

He must have turned off a lot of teams with his attitude, selfies and showing up sleeveless for his interviews, to say, hey, look at my biceps. QBs that need fixing probably shouldn’t do that.
Hey, it’s a story as old as time:

QB checks the boxes, but went sleeveless, and screwed it all up.
I’m hearing it was his attitude that sunk him out of the first round. A guy with his flaws probably should have been more humble like AR.

Hey, it’s a story as old as time:

QB checks the boxes, but went sleeveless, and screwed it all up.
Why do you think Brady fell to the 6th? Teams knew he had GOAT potential but they just couldn't get past the tank top.

Titans traded up with the Cardinals to select Kentucky QB Will Levis with the No. 33 overall pick in the 2023 NFL Draft.​

The Titans traded picks the 41st pick, 72nd pick, and a 2024 third-round selection to get this pick and the 81st selection. A 2018 redshirt, Levis (6’4/229) spent two years behind Sean Clifford at Penn State before transferring to Kentucky and thriving under future (and now former) Rams OC Liam Coen in 2021. Then Coen went pro and Levis experienced some senior year regression, though not enough to remove him from the first-round mix. Highly athletic with big-time arm strength, Levis makes tight-window throws but sails others due to shoddy mechanics. Levis too often loses his base, leading to air mails. Missing Coen and dealing with a poor supporting cast, Levis’ decision-making was frequently questionable in 2022. He also wasn’t the weapon he was near the goal line as a redshirt junior, though Levis still profiles as a short-yardage load in the pros. Elderly for a first-round pick — he turns 24 in June — Levis isn’t as projectable as you would like on Day 1, but his prototypical size and varied physical tools make him an intriguing gamble.
RELATED:
Apr 28, 2023, 7:23 PM ET

I've missed Mettenberger so this is exactly what the team needed. It's nice to know that Tannehill's job is secure and the new GM doesn't care about WRs either

ESPN's Matt Miller reports the Colts have QB Will Levis ahead of QB Anthony Richardson because Levis is "more likely to play right away."​

With the fourth pick of the first round, the Colts are almost certain to select a quarterback, and it seems Levis' pro readiness makes him the favorite to go ahead of the rawer Richardson, who blew away scouts at the NFL Combine. Levis would compete with Gardner Minshew for Week 1 starting duties in Indianapolis and would eventually become the team's starter if Minshew lands the Week 1 gig and struggles for a stretch. The inaccurate Levis would likely be bad news for Michael Pittman and the rest of the Colts' pass catchers.
Hindsight an all, but still funny.
This was basically Cheech & Chong, Willie Nelson, and Snoop Dogg having a blunt-smoking contest in a broom closet.

I honestly can’t believe there is anybody in this world who thinks nfl teams passed on a player because he showed up with his arms out lmao. Come on already.

“We really liked this prospect at the most important postion in sports but we passed on him because he came to the interview with his guns out”

Old people on Facebook wouldn’t even believe this.

I honestly can’t believe there is anybody in this world who thinks nfl teams passed on a player because he showed up with his arms out lmao. Come on already.
Perhaps, but the rest of my post?

Titans coach Mike Vrabel didn't rule out second-round QB Will Levis earning the starting job this season.​

"Ryan will be the starting quarterback on Monday," Vrabel said at the Titans' Day 2 press conference. "Malik will be the backup. Will will be the third quarterback. And what I've told them is whatever happens after that will be up to the players." Levis opening the offseason as Tennessee's No. 3 quarterback doesn't come as a surprise after his Day 1 fall but it shouldn't take long for him to pass second-year QB Malik Willis, who struggled in three spot starts as a rookie. With Ryan Tannehill coming off injury and in contract year, Tannehill's leash will be short if he holds off Levis for the Week 1 job.
SOURCE: NFL.com
Apr 29, 2023, 9:55 AM ET

Titans coach Mike Vrabel didn't rule out second-round QB Will Levis earning the starting job this season.​

"Ryan will be the starting quarterback on Monday," Vrabel said at the Titans' Day 2 press conference. "Malik will be the backup. Will will be the third quarterback. And what I've told them is whatever happens after that will be up to the players." Levis opening the offseason as Tennessee's No. 3 quarterback doesn't come as a surprise after his Day 1 fall but it shouldn't take long for him to pass second-year QB Malik Willis, who struggled in three spot starts as a rookie. With Ryan Tannehill coming off injury and in contract year, Tannehill's leash will be short if he holds off Levis for the Week 1 job.
SOURCE: NFL.com
Apr 29, 2023, 9:55 AM ET
It's always that way- what Vrabel said

He seems more like a third round maybe to me.
Bradford's pro day had me learning more about the finer things than any other time/game/interview.
Levis doesn't have them.
Touch, placement, moving with eyes, and which shoulder and...see I think it would be easier to put muscle and technique on a QB that has these qualities than it is to teach these qualities.

He likes being weird which I relate to, sure, but it's odd for a leader. Mettenberger was the class clown and there's a lot of Levis that reminds me of him.

I see Jay Cutler comps and I'm thinking Jeff George or Jameis Winston.

I'm still angry the Titans didn't sign/offer/interview Alex Tanney. Guy was their third string backup QB for a decade and Jalen Hurts credited him with turning his game around and having a knack for sort of translating what coaches say and what's reality. He told a story of how uncomfortable it is to throw this way and Tanney said no put your weight here that way and...it was like twenty minutes of raving about Tanney. His (brief)contract was up and reportedly the Titans didn't even return his calls so then Philly offered him the QB coach spot so he took it. Reword- he likes it in Philly but it would be nice to go home.

Sooo it'll be the Falcons guy that worked well with Mariota and Ridder and Arthur said he didn't want to hold him back. OK fine.

Where is Willis at?
It's important here.
What did they do well? What could they have done better?
He went to I think four QB coaches this off-season and studied film a ton.
Is he behind still like an absent student catching up to speed? Or is he ready (training development wise) to contribute regularly in practice?
He's every bit the athletic specimen that Levis is. That's so unusual!!! Levis won't throw a deep ball that Willis can't match and won't run in a way Willis can't match. I'm talking drills here and formulaic predictable stuff.
I question one hundred things about in game stuff, but for drills it's gonna be pretty hard to NOT make people think they're about tied for the backup spot.
I feel like it's either great for Levis to learn from whatever Willis can share about year one or it's a big detriment in the amount of practice and focus from the staff when they ought to be focusing on Levis.

Tannehill did not like Willis' expectant mindset combined with arrogance. Once Willis learned how to talk to a veteran, Tannehill helped him a bunch. I expect he gives Levis the same.

I hope they drill Willis enough to decide he's not the guy then replace him with a veteran that Levis can learn from.

I'd bet $ (with our luck) that Willis improved just enough to make this a confused mishmash and we'll have no clue who will be the QB in 2024

I hope they drill Willis enough to decide he's not the guy then replace him with a veteran that Levis can learn from.

It won’t happen but I’d be okay with bringing Mariota back (as backup to Levis) if the eagles let him go after his two year contract - he’s kind of perfect as Hurts backup and a good veteran presence.

Reactions: Bri

It won’t happen but I’d be okay with bringing Mariota back (as backup to Levis) if the eagles let him go after his two year contract - he’s kind of perfect as Hurts backup and a good veteran presence.
That would be fun.
I'd settle for his HS coach that was at Alabama too. Mariota, Tua, and Taamu (some others before) ....he has a resume. I'd hire several QB coaches since they're so affordable for a franchise and so vital.

NBC Sports' Peter King believes a slow start by the Titans could result in Will Levis starting for the team by November.​

This doesn't come as much of a surprise after head coach Mike Vrabel left the door open for the possibility of Levis starting just days after the team selected him with the No. 33 overall pick. The Titans may have one more playoff push in them in the final year of Ryan Tannehill's deal, but it's more likely than not they'll begin building for the future at some point this season. Levis is expected to open the offseason as the QB3 behind Malik Willis, but we wouldn't expect that to last for too long. The Titans reportedly tried to trade back into the first round to take Levis after his draft day slide but were unable to get a deal done. He'll almost certainly start games as a rookie, as the Titans will want to know what they have in him heading into 2024.
SOURCE: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.comFootbal
May 8, 2023, 8:51 AM ET

Users who are viewing this thread