What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Racial profiling and discrimination thread (1 Viewer)

Matthias said:
You're right. I see 6 cops showing up at coffee shops and arresting people every single day. When are you guys going to stop digging into the hole which you're standing in.
The hole that you keep dumping BS into?

People who cry racism over every little thing are doing more harm than good for the cause. It’s like the boy who cried wolf. 
I’ve stayed out of serious discussion in this thread because I tend to agree with you that this is a minor incident, and not worthy of 6 pages. And I don’t think it’s representative of Starbucks. 

But in another way I disagree with you. One of the more insidious aspects of racism is that there are little things that happen to minorities all the time which most of us don’t notice. Things like when a black woman is at a clothes store she is often followed closely by a sales person to make sure she is not going to shoplift. Or when a white guy and a black guy are having lunch at an expensive restaurant, the waiter hands the check, without being asked, to the white guy. I could go on. These little things make minorities more sensitive and more likely to see racism, and who can blame them? I can’t. 

Matthias said:
When United dragged that guy off the flight, bruising him, they really only apologized to save face. Everything the airline and security did was realistically completely OK.
I know facts aren't really your thing, but a Chicago aviation security officer dragged that guy off the plane. 

According to the police commissioner the police asked these guys to leave 3 times and they refused. That's a pesky little detail.
All these guys have to do is definitively prove to me that Joy Reid’s version is the way it happened and I will be on their side. I’m getting two different stories and Joy’s seems highly unlikely by using common sense. 

At some point the owner of a business or property, whatever it is has to have some rights. At least I would hope. 

According to the police commissioner the police asked these guys to leave 3 times and they refused. That's a pesky little detail.
Yeah.  Minor detail.   89.73 percent of these stories would not happen if people would follow directions from officers.   Of course I have no idea what the real percentage is but I will defend that number and declare I know, since that seems to be the thing to do in this thread.  

Why didn't the cops set the tables and chairs back up after they moved them around?  They just made a mess and left.

Why is it that so many of these 'racists' stories that get so many people spun up turn into nothing once the truth comes out?  

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is it that so many of these 'racists' stories that get so many people spun up turn into nothing once the truth comes out?  
The people who want to find racism in everything throw anything they can find against the wall, and some of it definitely sticks, but a lot of it doesn't.   It's got to be exhausting getting worked up about every single perceived slight (some of which are real, some are which are not).  

The people who want to find racism in everything throw anything they can find against the wall, and some of it definitely sticks, but a lot of it doesn't.   It's got to be exhausting getting worked up about every single perceived slight (some of which are real, some are which are not).  
It would be a lot more convincing if so many of these stories did not turn out to be bunk.   Surely there are thousands of incidents every day.  If this country is the racist wasteland the media likes to betray it as, then get some real examples.  It is counter-productive to cry wolf before facts are known. 

squistion said:
I have tried responding to your so called serious questions many times in the past, but this is your usual response when I do.

If you expect a serious answer to any question in the future you need to stop trolling with the rolling smileys.
:lmao: but when you only post a :hophead: as a reply that's okay.

squistion said:
Megatron  Calvitron Johnson  jon_mx. What happened in Philadelphia was a real example and not only did the Starbucks Corporation issue an apology, so did their CEO, Kevin Johnson; who posted a lengthy statement Saturday night, calling the situation “disheartening” and that it led to a “reprehensible” outcome.

http://time.com/5240762/starbucks-ceo-apologizes-men-arrested/?xid=tcoshare
There you go again.  Time after Time with your lying-### personal BS.  You do this all the time.  

squistion said:
Megatron  Calvitron Johnson  jon_mx, what happened in Philadelphia was a real example and not only did the Starbucks Corporation issue an apology, so did their CEO, Kevin Johnson; who posted a lengthy statement Saturday night, calling the situation “disheartening” and that it led to a “reprehensible” outcome.

You know you’ve been owned again when you resort to alias accusations.  

squistion said:
Megatron  Calvitron Johnson  jon_mx, what happened in Philadelphia was a real example and not only did the Starbucks Corporation issue an apology, so did their CEO, Kevin Johnson; who posted a lengthy statement Saturday night, calling the situation “disheartening” and that it led to a “reprehensible” outcome.

Are you dense?  Anyone running a business always apologizes regardless of being right or wrong.  It’s just better for their business.  

Time to head back to Twitter and search for more black people in Starbucks stories. 

squistion said:
I have tried responding to your so called serious questions many times in the past, but this is your usual response when I do.

If you expect a serious answer to any question in the future you need to stop trolling with the rolling smileys.
It's fine, it was a silly question. I already knew the answer

squistion said:
You claim this is lying personal BS?

Fine, on your word of honor, will you state for the record that you are not also Megatron and Calvitron Johnson and have never posted under those handles? I asked this before and instead of answering you deflected. I am willing to let this go and not bring it up again if you make an unequivocal statement giving your word that you have not also posted under these accounts.  
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Who cares?

squistion said:

Fine, on your word of honor, will you state for the record that you are not also Megatron and Calvitron Johnson and have never posted under those handles? I asked this before and instead of answering you deflected. I am willing to let this go and not bring it up again if you make an unequivocal statement giving your word that you have not also posted under these accounts.  
This is off topic. 

*reported*

Matthias said:
In a story involving Starbucks, we got a bunch of Ahabs in here trying to fight a white whale of something that is indefensible.
I presume you are talking about not tucking in a chair before you leave an establishment.

:lmao: but when you only post a :hophead: as a reply that's okay.
The :hophead:  is used to show a post is facetious or not entirely to be taken seriously. Not to troll someone (at least that is my intent)

And I don't believe I have ever used :hophead:  as the only response to a post like people use the :lmao:  

squistion said:
Video of two Black men being arrested for sitting at Starbucks sparks calls for boycott
The reason this story is bunk is because they were not arrested for sitting in Starbucks, as your inflamotory OP states.  It seems they were arrested for disobeying orders.  Quite different.  Yes, white people also get arrested for this.  

squistion said:

Wtf dude - you take this place way too serious.  

The :hophead:  is used to show a post is facetious or not entirely to be taken seriously. Not to troll someone (at least that is my intent)

And I don't believe I have ever used :hophead:  as the only response to a post like people use the :lmao:  
:lmao: you are the biggest troll here.  You've done it several times which is precisely why I brought it up.  

The reason this story is bunk is because they were not arrested for sitting in Starbucks, as your inflamotory states.  It seems they were arrested for disobeying orders.  Quite different.  Yes, white people also get arrested for this.  
My inflamotory (sic)?

What led to them being arrested was the call from the manager to the police because they had been sitting there without ordering, which people do all the time and never get arrested.

:lmao: you are the biggest troll here.  You've done it several times which is precisely why I brought it up.  
Link where I used :hophead:  just by itself with nothing else to troll people? It is possible (if so it has been years) but I don't think I have ever done that because the :hophead: is a qualifier or a disclaimer of sorts I use at the end of a sentence.

My inflamotory (sic)?

What led to them being arrested was the call from the manager to the police because they had been sitting there without ordering, which people do all the time and never get arrested.
The OP was wrong and unnecessarily inflamotory by jumping to false conclusions and mistating facts. Instead of appologizing for being wrong you backtrack and try to rationalize your false accusations.  Seems to be a common theme with you.  At least three times now in this thread alone 

Link where I used :hophead:  just by itself with nothing else to troll people? It is possible (if so it has been years) but I don't think I have ever done that because the :hophead: is a qualifier or a disclaimer of sorts I use at the end of a sentence.
Why do I need to provide a link?  You keep insinuating jon_mx is someone else without proof.  Besides, I'm not wading through 24,000 posts of #### to prove you are a hypocrite.

The OP was wrong and unnecessarily inflamotory by jumping to false conclusions and mistating facts. Instead of appologizing for being wrong you backtrack and try to rationalize your false accusations.  Seems to be a common theme with you.  At least three times now in this thread alone 
It is inflammatory, not inflamotory (but under either of these spellings, it wasn't).

It wasn't a false conclusion or misstating facts. The OP raised the question of racial profiling, which in retrospect, is what this turned out to be, which is why you got the apology not only from the Starbucks Corporation, but also from the CEO.

It is inflammatory, not inflamotory (but under either of these spellings, it wasn't).

It wasn't a false conclusion or misstating facts. The OP raised the question of racial profiling, which in retrospect, is what this turned out to be, which is why you got the apology not only from the Starbucks Corporation, but also from the CEO.
You stated:

"Video of two Black men being arrested for sitting at Starbucks sparks calls for boycott."

Is that statement true?  

squistion said:

:lmao: :lmao:

Stick to the thread topic and stop getting personal with other posters.  You didn't like when people posted pigeons and considered that personal against you.  Don't be a hypocrite if you're capable.

Hint:. They were absolutely not arrested for sitting at Starbucks.  Please try again.  
You are overlooking the cause-and-effect of the call to the police ultimately leading to the arrest. No call on black guys sitting and not ordering (as they do with white folks in Starbucks I have been in) there would have been no need to send 8 cops (count em) and no arrests.

Users who are viewing this thread