What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB De’Von Achane, MIA (1 Viewer)

Which ones were clocked at 4.31 in the 40?
I know Ron Davenport wasn't
I know Bo Jackson was fast, two sport athlete never seemed fully committed to the NFL, then a freak injury and he was done with football

I appreciate the effort you put into your posts on here, always interesting what we might learn
I'll keep throwing stuff out there. Since 1970, there have been 7 other rookie RBs that had a 6.0 ypc average with at least 50 carries. Bo Jackson, Jewerl Thomas, Jerious Norwood, Byron Hanspard, Alvin Kamara, Greg Pruitt, and J.K. Dobbins. There have been 5 other rookies that scored 10+ TDs on under 150 touches: Ron Davenport, Billy Jackson, Stan Fritts, Jon Keyworth, and Tim Spencer. I'm pretty sure people can figure out who of those guys panned out and who of them flamed out.

As a side note, there were 20 games last year decided by 28 points or more. The Dolphins were in 5 of them. That's when Achane did a lot of his damage . . . late in games that were already decided. Maybe that matters, maybe it doesn't.

I keep trying to trade him in dynasty and there are no takers...most everyone sees the risk here
I’ve been offered Achane in my one keeper league but the guy wants Chase in return. I countered with waddle or Garrett Wilson and he said those guys weren’t enough to give Achane up so we are at an impasse. I’m in on him but not for Chase
I think Garrett Wilson is MORE than fair, and I obviously like Achane. TBH, think Achane side would have to balance a bit with a mid round pick.

The problem is owners are already pricing in him turning in a top 5 RB season. As much as I think that's his upside, I don't think it's fair to price him that way. That's why he's currently going late 2nd through the early/mid 3rd in drafts. Dynasty gives him a slight bump in value, but not enough to be asking for Chase or any higher than a single high-mid 2025 1st. I'm guessing (based on my dynasty leagues) owners are asking for a 1st round pick ++.

I think Achanes value isn't as a set and forget RB1 with a super high floor, like most other top RB1s right now. I think it's the fact we play ~13 game fantasy seasons, and his ability to singlehandedly win you even just one or two of those weeks with a points explosion is worth its weight in championships. Getting to the playoffs is hard, winning is luck (largely IMO in standard settings leagues). The difference in 7-6 and 9-4 can not only be a spot in the playoffs, but a much better seed and path to the championship. I think there's only a small handful of players who can do that for your team in the whole league, and I think he's by far the cheapest of them to acquire (obviously and fairly priced that way because of his increased risk). And a roster should really be built in a way with better RB depth to CYA in case of injury, and/or have the option to bench him in a potential bad matchup in favor of a high floor guy when you know you just need your 15pts.
Funny Wilson is mentioned in the same breath. He's another guy I'll be acquiring in any auction I can. He's the Achane of the WR group. I'm not sure which I'd want more, it's probably solely dependent on my roster construction. Straight up, I view the Wilson trade as fair, but no way I'd give up Chase for Achane. There's an argument to be made Chase is the best WR in the league without any further improvement.

Lots of fear in here all of a sudden, and I love it. Achane is a potential league winner and as they say, scared money don't make money.

Sure, we can argue about floor versus upside all we want but the reality of it all is that he's coming off the board in the RB8-12 range. If you knew he was going to get 50% of the carries and was a bit healthier last season, he's be getting drafted in the RB2-5 range. What he did last season in spurts was nothing short of amazing.

I play to win the game and Achane is the perfect upside play. You're getting a great discount here because of RM's history and DA's rookie year health issues. Achane has been running against big boys his entire career, he's been fine. He absolutely torched NFL defenses last season and he's had a year for his body to mature and really get up to speed. I have to chalk his health issues up as an anomaly for now. If things break right for the kid, he has the potential to finish as RB1. Not an RB1, THE RB1. And I can get that upside for the price of a low end RB1 high end RB2? Yes please.

I search out guys like this in my draft. I try to fill about 70% of my roster with them. I only need 2-3 to really hit and I'm back contending for a title. It's a tried and true strategy for me, but you have to do your research and you have to be really confident in your low floor consistent guys you're sprinkling in with your upside plays.

I have nothing to back this up, but I'd venture a guess risk takers do much better than risk averse players over time in this game.

You can't be afraid to lose if you want to win.

De'Von Achane :drive:
If you believe that an insane 3 game stretch at the start of the season is more representative than the 6 game stretch at the end of the season.

Mostert is 32. The end comes quickly in the night for guys this age. It's just the reality of the game, and usually the cliff is a lot steeper than anyone cares to admit. Mostert's already beaten the odds by doing what he's done at his age, but with each year those odds become even longer to beat again. I wish all the best to the guy, I actually think a productive Mostert is good for DA, but father time is undefeated. And color me unimpressed with Wright as more than a gadget guy for now. DA gives me Chris Johnson vibes. Wright has more of a Jerious Norwood feel to him. I'll be monitoring him for sure, but I'll be spending my handcuff money elsewhere.
Mostert is weird because he essentially didn't play much until he was 27. There's normally two components to RBs breaking down: age and workload. Sure, I personally have had zero NFL carries and would be considered well rested, but I couldn't be an NFL RB. But in Mostert's case, he's played 4 NFL seasons in which he TOTALED 43 carries. It still doesn't change that McDaniel so far as a HC or OC has not gone the bell cow route with his RBs (either in SFO or MIA) . . . meaning that IMO even if Mostert missed significant time, that doesn't necessarily mean Achane would get a huge workloard (and he still might not get many goal line carries).

I keep trying to trade him in dynasty and there are no takers...most everyone sees the risk here
I’ve been offered Achane in my one keeper league but the guy wants Chase in return. I countered with waddle or Garrett Wilson and he said those guys weren’t enough to give Achane up so we are at an impasse. I’m in on him but not for Chase
I think Garrett Wilson is MORE than fair, and I obviously like Achane. TBH, think Achane side would have to balance a bit with a mid round pick.

The problem is owners are already pricing in him turning in a top 5 RB season. As much as I think that's his upside, I don't think it's fair to price him that way. That's why he's currently going late 2nd through the early/mid 3rd in drafts. Dynasty gives him a slight bump in value, but not enough to be asking for Chase or any higher than a single high-mid 2025 1st. I'm guessing (based on my dynasty leagues) owners are asking for a 1st round pick ++.

I think Achanes value isn't as a set and forget RB1 with a super high floor, like most other top RB1s right now. I think it's the fact we play ~13 game fantasy seasons, and his ability to singlehandedly win you even just one or two of those weeks with a points explosion is worth its weight in championships. Getting to the playoffs is hard, winning is luck (largely IMO in standard settings leagues). The difference in 7-6 and 9-4 can not only be a spot in the playoffs, but a much better seed and path to the championship. I think there's only a small handful of players who can do that for your team in the whole league, and I think he's by far the cheapest of them to acquire (obviously and fairly priced that way because of his increased risk). And a roster should really be built in a way with better RB depth to CYA in case of injury, and/or have the option to bench him in a potential bad matchup in favor of a high floor guy when you know you just need your 15pts.
Achane killed his fantasy teams last year with duds during the fantasy playoffs. When you only get 10-12 touches by design, a dud is a real possibility.

Achane killed his fantasy teams last year with duds during the fantasy playoffs. When you only get 10-12 touches by design, a dud is a real possibility.
No one player can kill you during fantasy playoffs, but there is a lot of luck involved once you get there. Achane was effectively free if you were forward thinking last season. If that type of player kills you, you probably had more holes in your roster than you care to admit or you simply ran into a buzzsaw during the playoffs. It happens.

No one player can kill you during fantasy playoffs, but there is a lot of luck involved once you get there. Achane was effectively free if you were forward thinking last season. If that type of player kills you, you probably had more holes in your roster than you care to admit or you simply ran into a buzzsaw during the playoffs. It happens.
But he's not free anymore. If you're drafting him as your RB1, you are expecting to count on him every week, And when a RB gets only 10-12 carries by design, you cannot count on him. It doesn't take a buzzsaw to beat a team getting 6 points from a RB.

Mostert is 32. The end comes quickly in the night for guys this age. It's just the reality of the game, and usually the cliff is a lot steeper than anyone cares to admit. Mostert's already beaten the odds by doing what he's done at his age, but with each year those odds become even longer to beat again. I wish all the best to the guy, I actually think a productive Mostert is good for DA, but father time is undefeated. And color me unimpressed with Wright as more than a gadget guy for now. DA gives me Chris Johnson vibes. Wright has more of a Jerious Norwood feel to him. I'll be monitoring him for sure, but I'll be spending my handcuff money elsewhere.
Mostert is weird because he essentially didn't play much until he was 27. There's normally two components to RBs breaking down: age and workload. Sure, I personally have had zero NFL carries and would be considered well rested, but I couldn't be an NFL RB. But in Mostert's case, he's played 4 NFL seasons in which he TOTALED 43 carries. It still doesn't change that McDaniel so far as a HC or OC has not gone the bell cow route with his RBs (either in SFO or MIA) . . . meaning that IMO even if Mostert missed significant time, that doesn't necessarily mean Achane would get a huge workloard (and he still might not get many goal line carries).
I'm not one to buy into the low mileage arguments. I'd love to see some sort of statistical analysis one way or another, but anecdotally I just don't think it matters. Maybe it's just because we see so few late career breakouts at the position that we don't have much data? We all age differently. Some guys just have "it" longer than others but the number 30 is meaningful for a reason. It's a real cliff that's existed for many years. Exceptions exist like Gore, Tiki, Emmitt, Payton and more but even they seemed to really slow down around 32. Mostert is a freak athletically, but we all break down eventually regardless of what we do or don't do for a living. When his athleticism starts to take a hit he'll become irrelevant quite quickly.

But he's not free anymore. If you're drafting him as your RB1, you are expecting to count on him every week, And when a RB gets only 10-12 carries by design, you cannot count on him. It doesn't take a buzzsaw to beat a team getting 6 points from a RB.
He's not free anymore, I didn't say he was, I was referring to your comment about last season. Even so, he's still coming at a great discount to his ceiling because of the real risks that exist. Personally, I feel those risks are overblown, but I acknowledge the fact he could bust. Can't anyone though? Injuries can happen to anyone. Did you see Superman's knee explode last year?

I mainly play in auction so I have a bit more flexibility here, but I do love Achane at his ADP or average auction value. I swing to hit a homerun, not a single. Singles don't win fantasy football championships.

FWIW, I would be ecstatic if Achane gets 10-12 carries a game because I believe he'll be getting at least 5 targets a game to go with them. Miami is going to score a ton of points and there will be many plays where RH and DA are on the field at the same time. If Achane can get 15+ touches a game and stay healthy, he's a league winner type player. If he busts, so be it. If you find a way to draft zero busts, you can make a lot of money in this game... I haven't found that secret sauce, so I draft high risk high ceiling players and let the cards fall as they may. It's worked for ME. At any rate, you can't let fear take upside plays out of the picture.

FWIW, every single first round pick this season comes with significant risk. That's a fact.

Other tidbits . . .

In 7 seasons as a HC / OC / RB Coach with MIA and SFO, McDaniel's RBs combined have averaged: 28.4 touches, 5.4 receptions, 149.8 YFS, and 1.16 TD per game. Last year, the MIA RB stable produced 29 touches (+2.1%), 5.6 receptions (+3.7), 167.6 YFS (+11.9%), and 2.0 TD (+72.4%) per game.

Here were the workload breakdowns for the Top 3 RB each season:

2023: 234-130-55
2022: 212-96-52
2021: 226-86-52
2020: 139-120-114
2019: 158-151-142
2018: 180-119-78
2017: 299-126-40

The one outlier as a bell cow back was Carlos Hyde in 2017. Other than that, there really hasn't been another example of someone getting a huge workload. Most YFS scrimmage in a season: 1288 (Hyde), 1187 (Mostert last year), 1093, 1075, 1000. Most TD in a season: 21 (Mostert last year), 11 (Achane last year), 10, 10, 8. IMO, it's very possible the Dolphins RBs score a lot fewer TDs, and that would dramatically reduce the stock of both Mostert and Achane. Most receptions in a season: 59 (Hyde), 33, 31, 30, 30. Maybe McDaniel changes his strategy and usage rates, but I am not sure how many receptions Achane might be projected to haul in.

Achane's rookie season was similar to Kamara's in that he busted out and looked great doing so. Both RBs are elite talents that bring something special to the table that others don't. Kamara's contact balance and shiftiness is uncanny. Achane's vision and open field running is some of the best in the league. He is very slippery and runs well in traffic for his size. He is a great pass catcher which is big for NFL RBs these days. They used Achane in all sorts of motion/runs/tosses/inside pitches etc. They used him a lot in the red zone - I believe he had 6 TDs from the red zone. That also means he hit 5 home run TDs. He can score from anywhere. 3 rushing TDs were against BUF which is awesome being a Fins fan! :flex:

Achane is in a perfect offense for him, he is an elite talent AND he is getting targets. The targets are great to boost his PPG and getting him in space.

I wouldn't be surprised if his receiving TDs go up this year. He will be getting more than 40 targets this year. Right now he looks to be the 3rd option in the passing game - they are already using him out wide this pre-season. It is happening.

I expect him to improve on his rookie season. Miami is already working on getting him more involved.

People are pointing out injuries but I ask, "how many RBs play a true full season?" Yes Achane could get injured but so will every other RB. When he was in college he was playing football but also sprinting. He has a full offseason now to condition himself for football and prepare his body for football.

If you are worried about injuries are you also avoiding CMC, Hall, Taylor, Gibbs, Etienne, Barkley, Kyren, Walker, Henry and the list goes on. Everyone has been injured. Each of those RBs could get injured again and likely will.

So, for me, the only thing that gives me pause is his ADP in some drafts/leagues. As for talent - he's a top 5 RB IMO as he can do it all. We do know this will be a timeshare but with 8-10 carries and 5 targets a game he can produce RB1 season and be a weekly RB1. There were a few times when Waddle got dinged up that they moved Achane into Waddles spot. Nice to know they had confidence in the rookie.

One more offseason getting ready for the NFL will do wonders for Achane. As a Fins fan I'm excited to see what he can do.

Other tidbits . . .

In 7 seasons as a HC / OC / RB Coach with MIA and SFO, McDaniel's RBs combined have averaged: 28.4 touches, 5.4 receptions, 149.8 YFS, and 1.16 TD per game. Last year, the MIA RB stable produced 29 touches (+2.1%), 5.6 receptions (+3.7), 167.6 YFS (+11.9%), and 2.0 TD (+72.4%) per game.

Here were the workload breakdowns for the Top 3 RB each season:

2023: 234-130-55
2022: 212-96-52
2021: 226-86-52
2020: 139-120-114
2019: 158-151-142
2018: 180-119-78
2017: 299-126-40

The one outlier as a bell cow back was Carlos Hyde in 2017. Other than that, there really hasn't been another example of someone getting a huge workload. Most YFS scrimmage in a season: 1288 (Hyde), 1187 (Mostert last year), 1093, 1075, 1000. Most TD in a season: 21 (Mostert last year), 11 (Achane last year), 10, 10, 8. IMO, it's very possible the Dolphins RBs score a lot fewer TDs, and that would dramatically reduce the stock of both Mostert and Achane. Most receptions in a season: 59 (Hyde), 33, 31, 30, 30. Maybe McDaniel changes his strategy and usage rates, but I am not sure how many receptions Achane might be projected to haul in.
Wasn't he the OC only one year in SF? I know he worked with RBs several other years, but the talent he was given wasn't exactly jumping off the page at you.

Regardless, this is all interesting and relevant for sure, but I would also say personnel seems to really matter in decision making and usage to a guy like McDaniels. WR share became really top heavy for them when Tyreek Hill came along. Hill had two of the best years of his career with MM and Tua. Reek was no slouch in KC with AR and PM, obviously, but he's been a target/yardage monster in Miami. McDaniel never had a player like him in Miami or SF, but look what's happened since. Hill is a 1 of 1 type guy and I would argue Achane has that similar potential.

Can't wait to see if he's available in round 3 in a 12 team PPR at pick 27 for me if he's available. So torn.

May depend on how many beers I've consumed.

< 3 = Nico Collins
> 3 = Achane

Can't wait to see if he's available in round 3 in a 12 team PPR at pick 27 for me if he's available. So torn.

< 3 = Nico Collins
> 3 = Achane

Man, if you're > 3 deep by the 3rd round, that my kinda draft day!!

Fwiw, I'm debating between those 2 in my .5PPR keeper league and have basically settled on Achane... independent of beer consumption.

Achane's rookie season was similar to Kamara's in that he busted out and looked great doing so. Both RBs are elite talents that bring something special to the table that others don't. Kamara's contact balance and shiftiness is uncanny. Achane's vision and open field running is some of the best in the league. He is very slippery and runs well in traffic for his size. He is a great pass catcher which is big for NFL RBs these days. They used Achane in all sorts of motion/runs/tosses/inside pitches etc. They used him a lot in the red zone - I believe he had 6 TDs from the red zone. That also means he hit 5 home run TDs. He can score from anywhere. 3 rushing TDs were against BUF which is awesome being a Fins fan! :flex:

Achane is in a perfect offense for him, he is an elite talent AND he is getting targets. The targets are great to boost his PPG and getting him in space.

I wouldn't be surprised if his receiving TDs go up this year. He will be getting more than 40 targets this year. Right now he looks to be the 3rd option in the passing game - they are already using him out wide this pre-season. It is happening.

I expect him to improve on his rookie season. Miami is already working on getting him more involved.

People are pointing out injuries but I ask, "how many RBs play a true full season?" Yes Achane could get injured but so will every other RB. When he was in college he was playing football but also sprinting. He has a full offseason now to condition himself for football and prepare his body for football.

If you are worried about injuries are you also avoiding CMC, Hall, Taylor, Gibbs, Etienne, Barkley, Kyren, Walker, Henry and the list goes on. Everyone has been injured. Each of those RBs could get injured again and likely will.

So, for me, the only thing that gives me pause is his ADP in some drafts/leagues. As for talent - he's a top 5 RB IMO as he can do it all. We do know this will be a timeshare but with 8-10 carries and 5 targets a game he can produce RB1 season and be a weekly RB1. There were a few times when Waddle got dinged up that they moved Achane into Waddles spot. Nice to know they had confidence in the rookie.

One more offseason getting ready for the NFL will do wonders for Achane. As a Fins fan I'm excited to see what he can do.
The main difference between Archane and Kamara is about 35 lbs. I love both of these guys but the reality is RBs that only weigh 180 lbs carry a greater injury risk. It's simple physics. And he looks smaller than his listed weight. Again I love what he brings and I am targeting him in some leagues.

< 3 = Nico Collins
> 3 = Achane

Man, if you're > 3 deep by the 3rd round, that my kinda draft day!!

Fwiw, I'm debating between those 2 in my .5PPR keeper league and have basically settled on Achane... independent of beer consumption.
And those would be double IPAs...from Treehouse preferably.

Honestly, I can't remember a player so polarizing.

Part of me says there's no way I want any part of him, but then the other part says you don't win championships hitting singles. You need to swing for the fences and go for upside. And it's not like all of us don't swing and whiff on players every year. Hell, I won a championship last year drafting D. Pierce in round 3. Total bust.

Crap.

I'll let the beer decide on draft night.

The main difference between Archane and Kamara is about 35 lbs. I love both of these guys but the reality is RBs that only weigh 180 lbs carry a greater injury risk. It's simple physics. And he looks smaller than his listed weight. Again I love what he brings and I am targeting him in some leagues.
Why exaggerate the weight? It isn't 35lbs. You don't need to change numbers to make the point. I don't disagree that lighter backs have a bit more risk but him and Kamara were the same size coming out of college. I already spoke about his weight and that he was keeping it lower for sprinting in college. Give him a season to mature and fill out. He weighed in at 192 once he got to Miami. Here are his words from the Miami Herald

Achane said he measured 192 pounds Friday morning, which is the heaviest he has been, and the full commitment to football has allowed him to get bigger. “I always knew that I could gain weight,” he said. “I just didn't have the full offseason to gain weight because obviously I was doing track. May 12, 2023

Moreover Kamara was 185lbs in college. These boys fill out as they mature.

Like I said, any back you draft is an injury risk. Just take the good ones. I will say Achane is a good one.

Is gaining weight a good thing for a guy whose whole game is speed and quickness?

I can't really think of any examples where a guy gaining / losing weight has ended up being anything more than a nothing burger.

Except that time fat *** Albert Haynesworth showed up to Washington hilariously out of shape. That was good theatre. :lol:

These guys all have world class strength and conditioning coaches. I wouldn't worry too much about it, imo. Gotta trust the pros to be pros.

Is gaining weight a good thing for a guy whose whole game is speed and quickness?

I can't really think of any examples where a guy gaining / losing weight has ended up being anything more than a nothing burger.

Except that time fat *** Albert Haynesworth showed up to Washington hilariously out of shape. That was good theatre. :lol:

These guys all have world class strength and conditioning coaches. I wouldn't worry too much about it, imo. Gotta trust the pros to be pros.
Fat Eddie Lacy made for some great memes as well.

Track "shape" and NFL "shape" are different. He has even said it himself. It's not like he has to gain 35lbs as someone mentioned above.

Preparing for track and the NFL are different. He will gain some weight for the NFL. It's not like he's bulking up - just preparing for the NFL season.

It is fine if you are out on him as you think he will be injured (too small, high risk etc.) but then don't be drafting any other RB in the first 3-4 rounds. They have all been injured.

what are you looking to get for him?

from what I have seen, what owners want and where he is being drafted is no where near what people are willing to pay. It actually quite weird

I'm looking for a rb2 in a 10 team league...i had offers for both henry and jacobs and they both said no (this is a 1/2 ppr modified keeper league)

Do I have this right in that you

from what I have seen, what owners want and where he is being drafted is no where near what people are willing to pay. It actually quite weird

I'm looking for a rb2 in a 10 team league...i had offers for both henry and jacobs and they both said no (this is a 1/2 ppr modified keeper league)
Trying to follow along here - you have Achane and are trying to trade him for Henry or Jacobs as you are looking for an RB2? Why not just keep Achane as your RB2 - he's younger than those 2 guys and can give you RB2 production.

I've stopped caring about a player's weight entirely.

It just seems like any time we're all arguing over whether anyone has ever been successful at a certain weight, a few years later the bar has moved 15lbs lower and successful guys at that original weight are plentiful. Waiting until it's considered normal means you would've missed out on all those guys (most of them at a discount) in the interim.

I bet 5 years from now there will be some 170lb running back that we're all arguing about, and a 190lb lead running back will seem completely commonplace.

Those guys breaking down those barriers always come at a discount. Tyreek was too small to be a WR. Jamaal Charles and Reggie Bush too small to be a workhorse RB. Now we see guys their size and don't even blink. Reggie Bush was 205lbs! We used to call that tiny. How many guys did people miss out on in that size range while we slowly moved that acceptable weight line downwards?

It just seems like any time we're all arguing over whether anyone has ever been successful at a certain weight, a few years later the bar has moved 15lbs lower and successful guys at that original weight are plentiful. Waiting until it's considered normal means you would've missed out on all those guys (most of them at a discount) in the interim.

I bet 5 years from now there will be some 170lb running back that we're all arguing about, and a 190lb lead running back will seem completely commonplace.

Those guys breaking down those barriers always come at a discount. Tyreek was too small to be a WR. Jamaal Charles and Reggie Bush too small to be a workhorse RB. Now we see guys their size and don't even blink. Reggie Bush was 205lbs! We used to call that tiny. How many guys did people miss out on in that size range while we slowly moved that acceptable weight line downwards?
The best dynasty draft I've ever had was 2008, getting:

Round 1: Chris Johnson
Round 2: DeSean Jackson
Round 3: Jamaal Charles

All 3 fell because of size concerns. Johnson went after Kevin Smith, D-Jax went after Limas Sweed, Charles went after Ryan Torian.

To me, that was when the "size is overrated" lesson basically stuck for good for me. If a guy is good, he's good, doesn't totally matter if he's an outlier size was. Don't think since 2008 that the size>skill case has really panned out much either.

Maybe I should ask the guys who took Treylon Burks over Chris Olave, or Kendre Miller over Achane?

If I had Jacobs or Henry and was offered Achane, I would click accept so freaking fast
Henry will be the RB1 this year. He could challenge Tomlinson's TD record.
its completely possible Henry has a great season but still, his value will be nothing as soon as next yr... not matter he does this yr he will still be less value due to age and useage.
I completely get trying to trade Achane but atleast get a young player tossed in or a late 2nd ish pick

All 3 fell because of size concerns. Johnson went after Kevin Smith, D-Jax went after Limas Sweed, Charles went after Ryan Torian.

To me, that was when the "size is overrated" lesson basically stuck for good for me. If a guy is good, he's good, doesn't totally matter if he's an outlier size was. Don't think since 2008 that the size>skill case has really panned out much either.

Maybe I should ask the guys who took Treylon Burks over Chris Olave, or Kendre Miller over Achane?
I have been playing fantasy for 30+ years. I can't say I ever once looked at a player's size / height / weight. I have considered injury risk . . . but that was based on injury history not size. All my analysis over the years has been based on performance, situation, and trends. Can't say that I ever once thought to worry about size.

I have been playing fantasy for 30+ years. I can't say I ever once looked at a player's size / height / weight. I have considered injury risk . . . but that was based on injury history not size. All my analysis over the years has been based on performance, situation, and trends. Can't say that I ever once thought to worry about size.
Some people do and that is when you find great value.

My question is can the kid play? Answer is yes for Achane and he's in a great offense. I'm in!

If you want to make this argument, you might want to not compare Achane to a player who has never played a full season of football.

If you want to make this argument, you might want to not compare Achane to a player who has never played a full season of football.
Okay, you can compare him to me if you want to.

Trying to follow along here - you have Achane and are trying to trade him for Henry or Jacobs as you are looking for an RB2? Why not just keep Achane as your RB2 - he's younger than those 2 guys and can give you RB2 production.

That's the point I don't believe he is a consistent enough rb2. Neither does anyone else in my league

Everyone sees him for what he probably is - a big game here and there - but a lot of garbage in between with a big injury risk. Just the vibe from my pro-league which has been at it for 30 years.

That's the point I don't believe he is a consistent enough rb2. Neither does anyone else in my league

Everyone sees him for what he probably is - a big game here and there - but a lot of garbage in between with a big injury risk. Just the vibe from my pro-league which has been at it for 30 years.
Achane not a consistent enough RB2? Where do you have him in your rankings?

Achane not a consistent enough RB2? Where do you have him in your rankings?

Below Henry and Jacobs...i felt not too bad (he's a keeper going into the season) but as the actual season approaches i think he's fools gold and I'm looking for a sucker

My question is can the kid play? Answer is yes for Achane and he's in a great offense. I'm in!
Excuse me if you've answered this question but I'm curious for the Achane backers and yourself, what the highest draft pick your willing to spend on him?

Would you guys select him somewhere at the beginning of the 2nd round? Pick 14-20? To ensure he's on your team because likely he's not making it back to you right?

Excuse me if you've answered this question but I'm curious for the Achane backers and yourself, what the highest draft pick your willing to spend on him?

Would you guys select him somewhere at the beginning of the 2nd round? Pick 14-20? To ensure he's on your team because likely he's not making it back to you right?
In my more competitive leagues, he’s gone mostly in the late 2nd and early 3rd.

He’s a player that want to draft, but not one that I’m reaching for.

Mostert and Jaylen Wright are much cheaper ways to get yourself a piece of the MIA offense.

I'm keeping Achane in an auction league. Want to get one of Mostert or Wright to "back him up". Wright will be cheaper and will see action in the event of injury whereas Most is the direct back up. Thoughts?

I'm keeping Achane in an auction league. Want to get one of Mostert or Wright to "back him up". Wright will be cheaper and will see action in the event of injury whereas Most is the direct back up. Thoughts?
Mostert is the starter in MIA. Depending on your roster build, adding Wright might just be the better move. Fill up on other positions early, rather than spending 2 early(ish) picks on both main MIA RBs.

If it’s auction, Wright will definitely be cheaper (unless it’s dynasty of course).

The Coachspeak Index
#Dolphins HC Mike McDaniel on how he’ll distribute RB touches:

“Just trying to get individuals opportunities, and let those opportunities shape their overall breadth of how many touches they get in the course of a game… Just to get everybody involved is important for me, and then letting the game take its course on whose competitive edge we’re gonna lean on the most.”

A “hot hand” approach favors a highly efficient gamebreaker like De’Von Achane

Any Achane owners feel they had to also grab Mostert later?

Not difficult to do actually since Mostert is going like 80 picks later.

I remember having both Gibbs and Monty last year. Worked like a charm. And started both several weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread