What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Devon Achane, MIA (1 Viewer)

Still stashing this cat in redraft? I'm getting a bit impatient.
It's been only one week - definitely a hold to see how things shake out in this backfield and if/how Achane is being used. It's a high powered offense, so I'm very intrigued.
Agreed. He has receiving chops, a good route tree, some downfield catches in preseason. In HS, he lined up as a WR many times running downfield patterns. I think they want to make sure his shoulder is 100%, and could be concerned about his pass blocking. But in the last game, the RBs went on pass patterns when it wasn't a running play on most occasions IIRC. Our up the middle pass blocking was good. He could become our 3rd down and COP back replacing Ahmed, but more explosive. TBD.

Still stashing this cat in redraft? I'm getting a bit impatient.
I'm on the fence. I'd drop him if I had a stronger option to grab and I was close but I'll hold on for another week or so.

One thing I'm a bit concerned about overall RB usage but I'm assuming last week may be an anomaly due to the back and forth track meet. The opportunity is certainly there in the short term until Wilson gets back and muddies the water.

Reactions: GPS
He's the exact type of guy I want at the end of my bench, 12-team PPR redraft.

I don't need or expect him now, let him get back to 100% and in a week or two when Mostert inevitably gets nicked up, he has the potential to be a league winner 🚀

Soooooo…if Mostert is really already banged up, is there a decent upside stab here…like top 30-ish RB?

Soooooo…if Mostert is really already banged up, is there a decent upside stab here…like top 30-ish RB?
I wouldn't expect the 31 yr old RB to participate in practice often this year.
I think Achane got rocked hard vs Houston in preseason, why risk him on the road vs LAC Week 1?
I don't expect to see Achane much until Week 3 at Hard Rock
Also like he is watching and taking notes for a couple weeks, think he'll look good once he gets on the field.

I think Achane got rocked hard vs Houston in preseason, why risk him on the road vs LAC Week 1?
Also like he is watching and taking notes for a couple weeks, think he'll look good once he gets on the field.
Don't you think RB is pretty plug and play? Either you have the vision and agility or you don't, right? I don't know if sitting behind Raheem Mostert is helping him.

Don't you think RB is pretty plug and play? Either you have the vision and agility or you don't, right? I don't know if sitting behind Raheem Mostert is helping him.
I guess until I see him participating on Sundays, it's hard to evaluate anything

NFLN just showed the Tua to Hill TD to go ahead vs the Chargers
Magical game for the Phins, long season, injury riddled RB stable, Achane still has a chance to see touches this season in an explosive offense

How are you guys feeling..Is he an upside stash or a roster clogger?

Im a bit concerned that if he can't earn the passing work, then he could be limited to just change of pace and Special Teams this season.

He has found the waiver wire in a few leagues due to roster churn. 5-6 bench spots.

Surprised me.

He was dropped in a sharkish league of mine, much to my surprise. I jumped on him as I lost Dobbins and there is nothing else out there. I'm just hoping for a solid 3rd down back role with several catches per game (full ppr league).

Im a bit concerned that if he can't earn the passing work, then he could be limited to just change of pace and Special Teams this season.
You have to hold at least a few weeks to see for yourself.

No way to call him a roster clogger when he’s yet to play in a game.
Roster Constipator?

He has found the waiver wire in a few leagues due to roster churn. 5-6 bench spots.

Surprised me.

He was dropped in a sharkish league of mine, much to my surprise. I jumped on him as I lost Dobbins and there is nothing else out there. I'm just hoping for a solid 3rd down back role with several catches per game (full ppr league).
Yeah. I’m trying to figure out what to bid on him. I wanted to draft him, but missed, so here’s my chance and am considering it a buy low on a guy I really wanted, that has yet to do anything.

Roster Constipator?
There's nothing worse than a constipated rooster.

Roster Constipator?
I don’t know man.

I’m not a fan of the **** blocker.

Jokes aside. A buddy texted me and stated he read that Achane may not even play.

But he’s not responding and I’m struggling to find this info.

I’m still high on Achane in a high powered offense as a lottery ticket with Mostert the only guy in front of him. Who is a decent body but fragile.

Roster Constipator?
As my old ball coach used to say:
"Sh*t or get off the pot"

Jokes aside. A buddy texted me and stated he read that Achane may not even play.

But he’s not responding and I’m struggling to find this info.

I’m still high on Achane in a high powered offense as a lottery ticket with Mostert the only guy in front of him. Who is a decent body but fragile.
We won't know until tomorrow if Achane is active. He was a "healthy" scratch last week, but had just started practing after the shoulder injury in preseason game 2. Blocking Bosa and Mack may also have have been a concern. And this week Judon.

My hunch is Achane sits until next week in the home game versus DEN. He brings more explosiveness and all-around game than Ahmed. Chris Brooks was active last week because of ST and some thought he might get short-yardage duty. Stay tuned.

Well, if there was a time for him to show what he can do, these next two games sound like an ideal opportunity.

Losing hope. Ahmed added to the mix and mostert is looking great and Wilson may be added to the mix soon. Was worth a shot but the runway is running out….

I think he can be safely dropped for a bit in redraft. I doubt many league mates want to waste their roster space on him as well.

I think he can be safely dropped for a bit in redraft. I doubt many league mates want to waste their roster space on him as well.

Now seems like the time you'd be wanting to acquire, not dump. He got hurt pre-season, was inactive week 1, then got a couple touches in week 2. If you thought this guy could be something, we get to see if usage and production increase in week 3, again. This guy is a lottery ticket and dropping him now is like throwing your lottery ticket away before you even scratch off all the spots. Someone like him in this offense seems like a potential league winner if a few things break right. I'm holding/acquiring everywhere I can until we get a little further resolution.

Now seems like the time you'd be wanting to acquire, not dump. He got hurt pre-season, was inactive week 1, then got a couple touches in week 2. If you thought this guy could be something, we get to see if usage and production increase in week 3, again. This guy is a lottery ticket and dropping him now is like throwing your lottery ticket away before you even scratch off all the spots. Someone like him in this offense seems like a potential league winner if a few things break right. I'm holding/acquiring everywhere I can until we get a little further resolution.
I just noticed Ahmed is on the injury report this week so I'll be hanging on to him a bit longer.

I just noticed Ahmed is on the injury report this week so I'll be hanging on to him a bit longer.
Note Ahmed went out at the end of the second qtr and Achane only saw action on one series... 2 rushes 1 called back, 1 reception

Note Ahmed went out at the end of the second qtr and Achane only saw action on one series... 2 rushes 1 called back, 1 reception
I mean, we can all read a box score but the fact is he saw one more series than he had in week 1, in a tight game. Tells me he’s earning trust. He was drafted relatively high for a RB, and he’s got some elite talents to go with a smaller frame. Will it translate to NFL success? I don’t know but their top RBs are old, oft injured and they didn’t draft this dude to sit on the bench. I’m not saying I expect 20 touches next week, I’d be surprised if he saw more than 5-7, but the needle is pointing up here. This is exactly the type of guy that could be a league winner, or returned to the WW in 3 weeks. I don’t know which way it turns, but there are certainly worse lottery tickets I see being rostered. I look at ceiling, not floor, when I’m stashing guys like this.

I may hold him for these next couple weeks, then reevaluate depending. If he doesn't start trending for more work with Ahmed NP and Wilson still out I don't know when it will happen.

I'm holding as long as I absolutely don't need the roster spot. So much speed and McDaniel seemed so excited on draft day when they grabbed him. Hate to drop him. Will be interesting what usage he gets this week. I was hoping he would be the receiving back, but not sure that role is prominent in this offense.

I just do not have a roster spot for him. Unless I dumped Perine, Kincaid or Hunt. He is appealing and I know if Mostert gets hurt he could be valuable.

Fair question. Maybe I'm thinking Hunt will be 50% of the CLE RB. Which is valuable. Am I thinking too high? Or is he washed up? Serious question. I can still grab Ashane.

Fair question. Maybe I'm thinking Hunt will be 50% of the CLE RB. Which is valuable. Am I thinking too high? Or is he washed up? Serious question. I can still grab Ashane.
I guess nobody knows, but there was a reason he was a free agent as long as he was. Achane is anyone’s guess as well. My uneducated estimate is Achane has more upside due to the injury ridden backs in MIA. I also like the fact that teams have to respect the pass which gives a speedy guy like him an opportunity to have an impact with fewer touches. I could be wrong but I think the CLE timeshare favors Ford since they were content on him being the backup to begin with when they let Hunt go.

I guess nobody knows, but there was a reason he was a free agent as long as he was. Achane is anyone’s guess as well. My uneducated estimate is Achane has more upside due to the injury ridden backs in MIA. I also like the fact that teams have to respect the pass which gives a speedy guy like him an opportunity to have an impact with fewer touches. I could be wrong but I think the CLE timeshare favors Ford since they were content on him being the backup to begin with when they let Hunt go.
I have Perine as well and have been holding him in case Javonte's knee doesn't hold up but he's surprisingly been healthy so far.

Would you let Perine go for Achane?

Achane can be a 1B to Mostert 1A. Pass protection is the key, but I don't think he'll be asked to do that much. He can catch and run between the tackles. He got hurt in the preseason after a couple of body slams, one of which was clearly illegal.

I have Perine as well and have been holding him in case Javonte's knee doesn't hold up but he's surprisingly been healthy so far.

Would you let Perine go for Achane?
I personally would. Perine’s value depends on Javontes health. I speculate if Javonte went down we would see more of McLaughlin. If McLaughlin starts getting more touches I think he shines. This is my dumb opinion. Short answer Achane > Perine.

What scares me is last year when Mixon was hurt Perine was a legit horse. If Williams is injured he could become a force. Man I am torn. I could drop Kincaid TE BUF.

Users who are viewing this thread