What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Devon Achane, MIA (1 Viewer)

I think he'll be a killer in PPR leagues. Dude is going to catch a ton of passes in garbage time / end of halves.

Have him rostered as my RB3/FLEX in a few leagues. McKissic on steroids, imo. He will be a fine bye week filler. In non-PPR, I wouldn't have much interest.

Scratch this, I didn't realize he got hurt today. Well that certainly doesn't bode well for the argument of all these little guys that were drafted this year being too small. 😅

Seriously, between Vaughn, Downs, Addison, Achene, and Dell I can't remember a draft class of skill players being so diminutive.

Yeah seems like 2 plays that went past the whistle. Hopefully won’t be a big issue. Maybe he needed to poop in a hurry
I’ve never had to poop so bad that I needed a cart.

Yeah seems like 2 plays that went past the whistle. Hopefully won’t be a big issue. Maybe he needed to poop in a hurry
When it’s coming down your pants and you’re running really fast… !

Remember when Paul Pierce took a wheelchair to the locker room because he had to drop a deuce? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Rookie draft coming up in 51 hours.

What slot are you drafting out of? And your draft starts on Tuesday at four?
Well technically I'm the 10 slot but I've traded picks all over the place, so I have the #1, #8, #9, #11, #13, #18, #19, #20, and #34 if I cut Trey Sermon tonight, which I am pretty certain I will.

I ... may have overdone the pick collecting thing but I definitely held onto most of my best guys. Wish I could have Mixon and Aaron Jones back instead of the #8 and #9.

The draft starts Tuesday at 7:00 my time (EST).

Wish I could have Mixon and Aaron Jones back instead of the #8 and #9

That's a lot points right there, but if you're rebuilding or thinking about rebuilding, then it's probably for the best. They're getting long in the tooth.

I have a slow draft that starts Tuesday also. 1.06, 2.06, 3.06, etc. Ten-team league where I made the playoffs but have a crappy team. The worst kind of hope is false hope. I generally use that league to draft guys that I want regardless of anything. I have no idea who I'm targeting this time around. I'm just going value.

But back to the topic: It won't be De'Von Achane that I take at the 1.06 or 2.06. He's pretty much a DND for me at that slot and at the value he'll go at. I hate his size. He's already got a sprained AC joint, which can happen to anyone, but his size couldn't have helped. That's an impact injury, one that comes from force rather than any rotation or cuff. Anyway, I was going to be cheeky and tell you no matter where you draft, it's never a good idea to take Achane, but that's a) flippant b) not true.

Good luck!

Rookie draft coming up in 51 hours.

What slot are you drafting out of? And your draft starts on Tuesday at four?
Well technically I'm the 10 slot but I've traded picks all over the place, so I have the #1, #8, #9, #11, #13, #18, #19, #20, and #34 if I cut Trey Sermon tonight, which I am pretty certain I will.

I ... may have overdone the pick collecting thing but I definitely held onto most of my best guys. Wish I could have Mixon and Aaron Jones back instead of the #8 and #9.

Good luck tonight

That's a lot points right there, but if you're rebuilding or thinking about rebuilding, then it's probably for the best. They're getting long in the tooth.
I'm the "evergreen" strategy guy, so it's not exactly rebuilding. Like I said, those are two I eish I could have back. The thing is, I traded Jones in-season for that pick which I expected to be very high (#2 if lucky which would have been a jackpot). The guy scored the second fewest points, but ended up in the semifinals = #9 pick. Mixon for the #8 though (I also gave uo the #22 there), it was after the menacing charges got dropped (before they were refiled), but I was still just like "whoa, I want to love Mixon, as a Bengals fan, but things are looking weird, I need to get what I can get".
I have a slow draft that starts Tuesday also. 1.06, 2.06, 3.06, etc. Ten-team league where I made the playoffs but have a crappy team. The worst kind of hope is false hope. I generally use that league to draft guys that I want regardless of anything. I have no idea who I'm targeting this time around. I'm just going value.
I will likely take him at my #8/#9 spot if he makes it there, but I expect him to be off the board.
But yeah, going value is almost always best I think.

Good luck to you as well!

I'm the "evergreen" strategy guy, so it's not exactly rebuilding. Like I said, those are two I eish I could have back. The thing is, I traded Jones in-season for that pick which I expected to be very high (#2 if lucky which would have been a jackpot). The guy scored the second fewest points, but ended up in the semifinals = #9 pick. Mixon for the #8 though (I also gave uo the #22 there), it was after the menacing charges got dropped (before they were refiled), but I was still just like "whoa, I want to love Mixon, as a Bengals fan, but things are looking weird, I need to get what I can get".
I will likely take him at my #8/#9 spot if he makes it there, but I expect him to be off the board.

I wouldn’t touch him personally, but not in the first if you must. Let someone else make that mistake.

I wouldn’t touch him personally, but not in the first if you must. Let someone else make that mistake.
Would you have him in your top 8 rookie RB's?

Oh, you're the one with the RB-crazy league. This year there will be tons of reaches, including Achane at eight or nine.

Yes, that's a reach as far as I'm concerned. But for your league

Robinson
Gibbs
Charbonnet
Miller
Achane
R. Johnson
Bigsby

Then you

Spears?
Tucker?
Who?

Oh, you're the one with the RB-crazy league. This year there will be tons of reaches, including Achane at eight or nine.

Yes, that's a reach as far as I'm concerned. But for your league

Robinson
Gibbs
Charbonnet
Miller
Achane
R. Johnson
Bigsby

Then you

Spears?
Tucker?
Who?
Spears and Smith-Njigba would be my picks there. Would be very happy with Spears. I do get the concern, but he seems really good.

ETA: And yes, you're correct, we're nutso over here, but that's largely due to starting lineup of QRRWWFKD. WR just too easy to come by. I'd be lying if I said I had analytics to show the true value of RB vs WR though.

I like all of these RBs more than Achane, but would take down to Bigsby over him.

Bijan Robinson RB ATL
Zach Charbonnet RB SE
Jahmyr Gibbs RB DET
Kendre Miller RB NOS
Roschon Johnson RB CHI
Tank Bigsby RB JAX
Chase Brown RB CIN
Sean Tucker RB TBB
Israel Abanikandi RB NYJ

I like all of these RBs more than Achane, but would take down to Bigsby over him.

Bijan Robinson RB ATL
Zach Charbonnet RB SE
Jahmyr Gibbs RB DET
Kendre Miller RB NOS
Roschon Johnson RB CHI
Tank Bigsby RB JAX
Chase Brown RB CIN
Sean Tucker RB TBB
Israel Abanikandi RB NYJ
So, just to be clear. What is the distiction between who you "like" and who you "would take"? You mean in a vacuum you like all of those guys' talent over Achane, but due to situation and circumstances, Achane would slot in after Bigsby in your actual draft list?

Bijan Robinson RB ATL
Zach Charbonnet RB SE
Jahmyr Gibbs RB DET
Kendre Miller RB NOS
Roschon Johnson RB CHI
Tank Bigsby RB JAX
Chase Brown RB CIN
Sean Tucker RB TBB
Israel Abanikandi RB NYJ
So, just to be clear. What is the distiction between who you "like" and who you "would take"? You mean in a vacuum you like all of those guys' talent over Achane, but due to situation and circumstances, Achane would slot in after Bigsby in your actual draft list?
Yes and I would consider Tucker over him as well.

I'd be lying if I said I had analytics to show the true value of RB vs WR though.

You could simply use the customizable trade value chart that FBG does. Get a look at it. I almost guarantee you that WRs are more valuable than you think and that reaching for fourth-round RBs or UDFAs is just a bad idea in the first round of a rookie draft.

Bijan Robinson RB ATL
Zach Charbonnet RB SE
Jahmyr Gibbs RB DET
Kendre Miller RB NOS
Roschon Johnson RB CHI
Tank Bigsby RB JAX
Chase Brown RB CIN
Sean Tucker RB TBB
Israel Abanikandi RB NYJ
Yes and I would consider Tucker over him as well.
Tucker is a guy I would LOVE to love, but I'm super concerned with the whole medical condition thing.

I'd be lying if I said I had analytics to show the true value of RB vs WR though.

You could simply use the customizable trade value chart that FBG does. Get a look at it. I almost guarantee you that WRs are more valuable than you think and that reaching for fourth-round RBs or UDFAs is just a bad idea in the first round of a rookie draft.
So at your mention of it I searched for it just now. But all I found was by Dan Hindery in 2021 with 2021 values. Is it because I'm not a subscriber? Or am I looking in the wrong place?

PPR, 12 teams, 1QB. No TE spot, just a flex. I might just subscribe. Would be a good time to do it if I ever do.

I'd recommend it if you have the disposable income. It's spitting out something hinky for your settings, though. It's got QBs up the yin, which may indeed be correct, considering you only start six position players. But it does indeed have 6 RBs before you even get to Justin Jefferson.

As for rookies, it's also RB heavy, though not as heavy as RB-RB-RB-RB-RB. JSN is actually rated fifth. But the quarterbacks sneaking in there surprised me.

Anyway, back to Achane.

PPR, 12 teams, 1QB. No TE spot, just a flex. I might just subscribe. Would be a good time to do it if I ever do.

I'd recommend it if you have the disposable income. It's spitting out something hinky for your settings, though. It's got QBs up the yin, which may indeed be correct, considering you only start six position players. But it does indeed have 6 RBs before you even get to Justin Jefferson.

As for rookies, it's also RB heavy, though not as heavy as RB-RB-RB-RB-RB. JSN is actually rated fifth. But the quarterbacks sneaking in there surprised me.

Anyway, back to Achane.
I think I will finally go ahead and go for the subscription. Joe, get over here and give rock his commission.

Thanks for all the advice, and yeah back to Achane indeed. I wonder what Achane thinks of my draft plan ....

I think he'll be a killer in PPR leagues. Dude is going to catch a ton of passes in garbage time / end of halves.

Have him rostered as my RB3/FLEX in a few leagues.
Don't think Miami will have THAT much garbage time... they should be in a lot of close games. End of Halves I don't see it either. Take a knee or air it out, not a lot of consecutive short passes happening end of halves.

Damn, I'd be TERRIFIED if he was my Flex. Dude is ranked RB40-45 across most sites and a Round 11/12 pick usually.

Have him rostered as my RB3/FLEX in a few leagues. McKissic on steroids, imo. He will be a fine bye week filler. In non-PPR, I wouldn't have much interest.

Scratch this, I didn't realize he got hurt today. Well that certainly doesn't bode well for the argument of all these little guys that were drafted this year being too small. 😅

Seriously, between Vaughn, Downs, Addison, Achene, and Dell I can't remember a draft class of skill players being so diminutive.

Was all over Achane before the Draft as noted earlier in the thread and wished my Phins would take him, didn't think he'd make it until Pick No 84 and then come to find out Coach MM loves this kid and had been friends with him or in contact with him for some time.

-I don't think Achane suffered major injury, but maybe it delays him a couple weeks into the season before he gets rolling, only makes him cheaper as a flyer late on Draft Day. I wouldn't shy away from him just yet.

I like Dell a lot in Houston, he looked great this past week vs Miami.
Guess we're gonna players we agree on along the way

:wink:

It just tells you where the NFL is headed. Don't get left behind.

Dolphins HC Mike McDaniel said RB De’Von Achane (shoulder) could return “sooner rather than later.”
McDaniel expects Achane to practice the week leading up to the Dolphins’ Week 1 matchup against the Chargers. This seems like good news for the Dolphins, who just placed running back Jeff Wilson (core/finger) on injured reserve, as he’s now scheduled to miss at least the next four games. If he’s active, Achane should work behind Raheem Mostert and could serve as the team’s primary third-down back.

Dolphins RB De’Von Achane (shoulder) returned to practice.

As expected, Achane returned to practice on Monday, and shed the red non-contact jersey he was seen wearing last week. The Dolphins rookie running back could be in line for a big role out of the gate when they face the Chargers in Week 1, after Jeff Wilson (core/finger) was placed on injured reserve late last week. Fantasy managers should temper expectations for Achane this week, but monitor his usage closely to get a better sense of what we could expect from him the following week.

Dolphins RB Devon Achane (shoulder) was a full participant in Wednesday’s practice.
Achane’s Week 1 availability was a concern after the rookie running back suffered a shoulder injury in late August, an injury that resulted in a week-to-week designation at the time. Already expected to receive the lion’s share of the passing-down work for the Dolphins, Achane could soak up additional work early in the season after Jeff Wilson’s placement on injured reserve.

Users who are viewing this thread