What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Jordan Howard , NO (3 Viewers)

Carey seems to be getting a lot of snaps and touches today. What gives? Was considering selling Howard high after this game, hope this doesn't scare people off.

What's his value right now?  Has anyone sold him recently?

He had the 1 good week against IND who is pretty soft against RB's, and he came back down to earth.  I try to watch as little of the Bears as possible but hey I do like buying good players on bad teams.  

He had the 1 good week against IND who is pretty soft against RB's, and he came back down to earth.  I try to watch as little of the Bears as possible but hey I do like buying good players on bad teams.  
2 good weeks. Detroit game. 

I'm torn on the GB match-up. Statistically they are stout but they've faced off against Yeldon, AP the game he went down, DET's backfield, NYG's backfield and Zeke. Zeke ran all over them.

It seems kind of tough to sit a guy who has been utilized an average of 22 times when starting and who has seen 16 RZ opportunities. 

I'm torn on the GB match-up. Statistically they are stout but they've faced off against Yeldon, AP the game he went down, DET's backfield, NYG's backfield and Zeke. Zeke ran all over them.

It seems kind of tough to sit a guy who has been utilized an average of 22 times when starting and who has seen 16 RZ opportunities. 
I'd be more worried Chicago gets down early and forced to throw all game.  These GB-CHI games as of late have been one sided affairs.

ETA:  Will that benefit Howard?  Is he the passing down back?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be more worried Chicago gets down early and forced to throw all game. These GB-CHI games as of late have been one sided affairs.
Well last time they met, in Lambeau, CHI won 17-13 but GB is pretty heavily favored (-7.5) this week. I have very realistic options behind Howard so I'll likely contemplate it up until kickoff but it still just feels wrong to sit him.

I'd be more worried Chicago gets down early and forced to throw all game.  These GB-CHI games as of late have been one sided affairs.

ETA:  Will that benefit Howard?  Is he the passing down back?
Not exactly. The Packers have won 5 of the last 12 meetings by double figures but as of late the Bears played them pretty tough last year, winning in Green Bay and losing when the Packers trailed going into the 4th quarter. 

I was planning to sell high on him this week due to the hard schedule coming up. He had 3 great matchups and I was hoping his price would be incredibly high, but unfortunately he didn't do too well against the Jags, his TD saved him. I just think the hard schedule will hurt him and gameflows won't go his away for a lot of these games, limiting his touches.

I was actually still about to deal him for Lacy last night, but then the news came out that Lacy might be out a few weeks, so I got lucky there. I haven't gotten much interest from anyone else thus far.

Also, I am sitting him this week, but that is because I have Lamar, Ware and Michael.

Not exactly. The Packers have won 5 of the last 12 meetings by double figures but as of late the Bears played them pretty tough last year, winning in Green Bay and losing when the Packers trailed going into the 4th quarter. 
I didn't go back that far.  GB has won 4 of the last 5 including a 55-14 drubbing in GB two years ago.

Due to schedule, recent success, and following an emphasis on strong WR strategy I offered Howard for Kelvin Benjamin (on rb weak team) and the offer was accepted. 

I didn't go back that far.  GB has won 4 of the last 5 including a 55-14 drubbing in GB two years ago.
Right that was with Terstman as coach an the two most recent games were very close and under a more competent staff. So a tad more relevant you think? 

Right that was with Terstman as coach an the two most recent games were very close and under a more competent staff. So a tad more relevant you think? 
Fair enough.  I do think GB will come out firing after losing pretty bad at home last week.  But back to the original question...will Howard benefit IF the game plays out that way (with the Bears playing from behind)?  Dumpoffs can really add up if he'll be on the field...

He got an easy GL score which offset the low yardage this week which is why you start him (he has a high floor). I  started Zeke last week vs the GB defense (not to be feared) as they are really just early in the season and unproven vs good rushing attacks. They were not as good as people thought. Not afraid to start Howard here either since he catches passes and gets GL duty. I have to sit Zeke this week so going with Howard because my other options are longshots to get to double digits. Hoyer is moving the ball well (GB can't stop the pass) and even if Howard only puts up mild yardage he could have a few goal line opps where the WRs get downed near the one like lsat week, along with 3-5 catches. His floor should be around 10-12 and ceiling is probably in high teens or low 20s. Not a lot of options like that around the league.

20+ touches (opps) / talent (good enough) / RZ opps dictate you need to start him even on a Thu night away game, unless you got 2-3 Rb1s starting on your roster this week.

ETA: their O-line is underrated too I think. They could be really good on the back half of the season. Also Kadeem is limited this short week and still hampered a bit from his inj.

Fair enough.  I do think GB will come out firing after losing pretty bad at home last week.  But back to the original question...will Howard benefit IF the game plays out that way (with the Bears playing from behind)?  Dumpoffs can really add up if he'll be on the field...
Green Bay hasn't looked very good most of the season but sure, it's possible the Bears' defense could help cure their woes. If they're trailing by 20 at halftime, I don't like that scenario for Howard. He had a couple good pass-catching weeks but the best one came vs. Indy. Packers will be the best defense Howard has faced since taking over the starting role, right? 

Due to schedule, recent success, and following an emphasis on strong WR strategy I offered Howard for Kelvin Benjamin (on rb weak team) and the offer was accepted. 
I though similarly and had depth at RB, so I dealt Howard and Sammie Coates for Brandon Marshall (prior to week 6).

Howard seems to be ranked pretty aggressively by all the experts. Surprised. The matchup isn't great.

I'm benching for J. Rodgers thinking this will be a down night.

If I'm wrong, well, somewhat good. If he can get it done against this run D rest of season prospects are great.

His value is gone with Carey in the mix, now he is just another guy in a RBBC like almost everyone else.
Occasionally theres something to be said about holding onto the ball, while finishing drives.  Most anything that increases the chance of Howard seeing a GL carry is a good thing (imo)

His value is gone with Carey in the mix, now he is just another guy in a RBBC like almost everyone else.
He was utilized 19 times last week, tied for 14th most that week. The week before, when the "RBBC" didn't exist he was also utilized 19 times.

Carey no doubt hurts his value to some extent but I think you're overestimating it.

Sitting for Gillislee and Tevin Coleman.
Same boat but throw Ware into the mix.

My problem with the match-up this week is that I don't think CHI OL, absent Sitton, will be able to get enough push vs. GB. Last week JAC won the battle in the trenches and it obviously hurt Howard.

Yeah, sure Zeke ran on GB last week but DAL's OL is still tops and Zeke often gets several yards past the LoS before being touched by a defender. I doubt this will be the case with Howard tonight.

Ultimately, I think his floor is actually moderately high in PPR due to his involvement in the passing game (top 5 in routes run amongst RBs so far this season) but I can see him getting stuffed tonight similar to how he was vs. JAC. It's still a tough choice because you have to imagine he'll also still monopolize GL work. 

Sometimes the rankings can lie. Is green bay good vs the run statiscally? Yes. Did they get destroyed by Zeke and Dallas? Yes.

They didn't play a murderers row of RBs. JAX, Minney minus ADP, Detroit, and NYG are some pretty sad running games.

Plus GB is awful against the pass, so I'm sure coaches are gameplanning to pass more and run less

Even with Carey back, Howard did get 60% of the snaps. and goalline work, and hes a better pass catcher.

With limited options I'm running him out there tonight hoping for RB2 numbers

Sometimes the rankings can lie. Is green bay good vs the run statiscally? Yes. Did they get destroyed by Zeke and Dallas? Yes.

They didn't play a murderers row of RBs. JAX, Minney minus ADP, Detroit, and NYG are some pretty sad running games.

Plus GB is awful against the pass, so I'm sure coaches are gameplanning to pass more and run less

Even with Carey back, Howard did get 60% of the snaps. and goalline work, and hes a better pass catcher.

With limited options I'm running him out there tonight hoping for RB2 numbers
I think the rankings are lying for Green Bay and they can't sell out for the run the way Hoyer and Meredith are playing, not to mention Alshon heating up some.

Keep going back and forth on this one.

FWIW why is Fox giving the ball to Carey when you have a rookie you are trying to groom as you sit at 1-5?

I'm a little worried about Carey cutting into his snaps, but we always knew this was going to be a tough stretch in his schedule. After the next two weeks (MIN/bye), it gets a little easier, with only Tenn (Week 12) and the GB rematch in Week 15 looking scary. Plus the second MIN game is in Week 17, so most owners don't have to worry about that.

I was stuck working late so I couldn't see the game tonight.  His stat line indicated to me that perhaps he has fallen out of favor to Carey.   Also--I do think that Langford should be coming back at some point in the next few weeks--so my question to anybody who watched the game tonight is--is he droppable?  

I was stuck working late so I couldn't see the game tonight.  His stat line indicated to me that perhaps he has fallen out of favor to Carey.   Also--I do think that Langford should be coming back at some point in the next few weeks--so my question to anybody who watched the game tonight is--is he droppable?  
Guess upthread people are saying hold him due to schedule. I've held him 5 weeks & started him 4-6; will drop him next week for Adams if my bid is successful.

Two weeks in a row he's been outrushed, team is trash, incumbent coming back soon. He had some decent production & if you think the volume will be there, go for it. He had a couple really good games v. bad defenses so the talent is there.

Bad situation & questionable opportunity, I'm out.

Users who are viewing this thread