What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Raheem Mostert, MIA (2 Viewers)

Raheem Mostert (knee) did not practice Wednesday.​

Mostert out-touched Chase Edmonds 19-1 last week. He was pulling into the lead heading into Week 5, but his dominance of the backfield versus the Jets was a surprising development. The speedy back has a history of knee injuries, so the DNP injury is a bit concerning. Still, I could be nothing more than bumps and bruises. His practice staus throughout the week will be worth monitoring.
Oct 12, 2022, 5:43 PM ET

Saw this tweet today and chuckled:

Breaking News Headline: Man Who Drafted Backup Running Back in Fantasy Football "Surprised" and "Disappointed" That Running Back is a Backup

full disclosure: ETN-Edmonds-Herbert-Cook manager, could apply to Dillon-Pollard & probably others.

Saw this tweet today and chuckled:

Breaking News Headline: Man Who Drafted Backup Running Back in Fantasy Football "Surprised" and "Disappointed" That Running Back is a Backup

full disclosure: ETN-Edmonds-Herbert-Cook manager, could apply to Dillon-Pollard & probably others.
Can you find the link for that - have to share with my league mates/buddies.

Is Gaskins ahead of Edmunds now??
Maybe. Edmonds has had the dropsies the last 2 weeks, and it looked like he got benched for it last week (at least for the role in passing downs).
I have my doubts that they'd roll out Gaskin as the main runner if Mostert is hurt.

Maybe. Edmonds has had the dropsies the last 2 weeks, and it looked like he got benched for it last week (at least for the role in passing downs).
I have my doubts that they'd roll out Gaskin as the main runner if Mostert is hurt.
Yeah, Edmonds has dropped more than a few balls this year going back to week 1. We obviously don't truly know what's going on in practice or in other aspects of the game, but from a fan's birds-eye view, he has not looked good at all. Certainly not for a guy who has made his bones in the passing game and who the team went after so aggressively after in free agency.

Yeah, Edmonds has dropped more than a few balls this year going back to week 1. We obviously don't truly know what's going on in practice or in other aspects of the game, but from a fan's birds-eye view, he has not looked good at all. Certainly not for a guy who has made his bones in the passing game and who the team went after so aggressively after in free agency.
Maybe there’s hope for Edmonds, but I’ll believe it when I see it.

Yeah, same boat.
Curious that he said 2 backs and not 3, considering Gaskin played over Edmonds in week 5. I added Gaskin as a just in case guy if Mostert is out based on that, but that sounds like a splash of cold water on those chances. Unless Edmonds continues with the drops, I guess.

Yeah, same boat.
Curious that he said 2 backs and not 3, considering Gaskin played over Edmonds in week 5. I added Gaskin as a just in case guy if Mostert is out based on that, but that sounds like a splash of cold water on those chances. Unless Edmonds continues with the drops, I guess.
I didn't find the actual quote, so that non-quoted part of the tweet may have been paraphrased. In any event, we'll have to wait until Sunday to see Edmond's usage (assuming Mostert plays). If Edmonds barely sees the field, I'm going to cut bait.

Raheem Mostert (knee) is questionable for Week 6 against the Vikings.​

Mostert missed practice on Wednesday but was upgraded to limited sessions on Thursday and Friday. The Dolphins are seemingly managing Mostert's practice reps given his history of knee issues. Barring an unforeseen setback, he should resume operating as the Dolphins' top runner in Week 6. With 33 rush attempts in the past two weeks, Mostert is a solid bet for RB2 numbers versus the Vikings.
Oct 14, 2022, 4:47 PM ET

Raheem Mostert rushed 14 times for 49 yards in the Dolphins' Week 6 loss to the Vikings.

Playing through a knee issue, Mostert caught 1-of-2 targets in the pass game for -1 yards. He continued to work as the Dolphins' clear-cut No. 1 back, out-carrying Chase Edmonds 14-2 in this one. Mostert will be a mostly TD-dependent RB2 next time out against the Steelers.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Raheem Mostert rushed 16 times for 79 yards in the Dolphins' Week 7 win over the Steelers, adding four catches for 30 yards and a score through the air.​

Mostert ran as the unquestioned lead back for the fourth consecutive week, accounting for 109 total yards from scrimmage and a receiving score. The touchdown came on a broken play reception via the scramble drill on the opening possession, which would turn out to be the only touchdown of the day for the Dolphins. The recent workload and cake matchup in Week 8 against the Dolphins should keep Mostert in the borderline RB1 discussion next week.
Oct 23, 2022, 11:41 PM ET

@ Detroit
Lions gives up something like 165 yds and 2 rushing TDs weekly, 2nd Most FF points to opposing RBs

@ Chicago
Bears are just as bad at stopping the run, maybe worse

Cleveland
Browns are another Bottom 10 run defense

These 3 teams have allowed 34 Rushing Touchdowns thru the first 7 weeks of the NFL season, Miami will play 3 of the 4 worst rushing defenses over the next 3 weeks, Mostert might have a career year. 87/388 on the ground, he needs about 400 more yds to surpass his career high, guy never had a 1,000 yd rushing season and if he can stay healthy, he might go over that mark before the Bye week.

If you think you could pull a trade for him, i would go get him quickly

@ Detroit
Lions gives up something like 165 yds and 2 rushing TDs weekly, 2nd Most FF points to opposing RBs

@ Chicago

Cleveland

These 3 teams have allowed 34 Rushing Touchdowns thru the first 7 weeks of the NFL season, Miami will play 3 of the 4 worst rushing defenses over the next 3 weeks, Mostert might have a career year. 87/388 on the ground, he needs about 400 more yds to surpass his career high, guy never had a 1,000 yd rushing season and if he can stay healthy, he might go over that mark before the Bye week.

Not that anyone cares, but in my crazy 16-team league where we start a total of 60+ RB, I have Stevenson (roughly Top 10 so far) and Mostert (RB 24).

@ Detroit

@ Chicago

Cleveland

If you count the 2019 playoff game against Green Bay, he had like 1800 yards for the season.

Mostert has been everything one could want this year. Singlehandedly controlling the Dolphins' backfield now to great effect for Miami. Always been a pretty big fan of his and hope that the injury bug stays away from him.

Raheem Mostert rushed nine times for 26 yards and a touchdown in Miami's Week 9 win over Chicago.

He was also targeted twice, but caught neither ball and outright dropped one of them in the flat. It was not a great day for Mostert drafters as Jeff Wilson showed up on the scene in a big way, but the touchdown at least bailed them out of a truly ugly line. Mostert will be a FLEX consideration against the Browns bad rush defense in Week 10.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Raheem Mostert (knee) is doubtful for Miami's Week 12 game against the Texans.​

In all likelihood, this'll be a Jeff Wilson show for Miami on Sunday against a Texans defense that has struggled heavily against the run at times. Mostert did practice on Friday in a limited basis, but the team probably doesn't actually need him to risk anything against a down-bad 1-8-1 squad at home. Myles Gaskin and Salvon Ahmed could emerge for some backup carries in a decent DFS punt spot.
Nov 25, 2022, 4:06 PM ET

Dolphins head coach Mike McDaniel said he "thinks" Raheem Mostert (knee) can play in Week 13 against the 49ers.​

Mostert missed the Dolphins' Week 12 game against Houston but could return against his former team this Sunday. He would have to get in at least a limited practice on Thursday and/or Friday to have a shot to play. Jeff Wilson would probably split backfield duties with Mostert against a tough Niners rush defense. In Week 10 against the Browns, Wilson saw more rushes and targets than Mostert.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Cameron Wolfe on Twitter
Nov 30, 2022, 11:57 AM ET

Raheem Mostert (knee) was limited in Thursday's practice.​

Back-to-back limited sessions put Mostert squarely on the questionable line for Week 13 against San Francisco. Mostert has been doing a lot of media chirping this week about his former team, which could indicate that he's more likely to be active this week. He'll be a low-end FLEX if he plays and split time with Jeff Wilson.
Dec 1, 2022, 4:38 PM ET

Hmmm. I have Pacheco, Mostert, Swift and Pollard. Can start 3. Mostert was on the bench but if Wilson is out…..

Raheem Mostert rushed 17 times for 136 yards in the Dolphins' Week 15 loss to the Bills, adding one catch for 20 additional yards.​

Mostert got the start with Jeff Wilson ruled out, playing for most of the first two quarters before splitting work with Salvon Ahmed in the second half. His 8.67 yards per touch value speaks volumes considering it came against the stout defensive front of the Bills, highlighted by a 67-yard scamper in the second quarter as Mostert broke multiple arm tackles down the sideline. Mostert's run as an RB1 might be short lived with Wilson expected back in short order.
Dec 17, 2022, 11:59 PM ET

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Raheem Mostert's thumb injury is a fracture.​

Rapsheet doesn't have a timeline beyond Mostert's Wild Card Round status is "in doubt." Were it the regular season, Mostert would almost certainly sit. This being the playoffs, the Dolphins will probably hunt for creative solutions, though those will be hard to come by for a running back with a broken thumb. It's likely going to have to be Jeff Wilson taking the lead in Buffalo and Salvon Ahmed and Myles Gaskin trying to change the pace. That is far from ideal for the highly-injured Dolphins.
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Jan 9, 2023, 1:58 PM ET

ESPN's Marcel Louis-Jacques writes Raheem Mostert "is effective enough as a runner and invaluable enough as a leader" to warrant being re-signed.​

There is no backfield in the NFL in worse shape than Miami's entering free agency, as Mostert and Jeff Wilson are both free agents. So is Myles Gaskin. And Salvon Ahmed, the only other back they kept on the active roster last offseason, is a restricted free agent who will likely draw a low tender at best. It's a little eye-opening that Louis-Jacques was so high on Mostert in comparison to Wilson, who he only wrote "it would make sense to bring him at least into training camp" about. Mostert could be in line to start assuming he's re-signed, and the Dolphins should be a prime candidate to draft a running back this year.
SOURCE: ESPN
Feb 5, 2023, 1:39 PM ET

Dolphins re-signed RB Raheem Mostert to a two-year, $7.6 million contract.

Mostert joined head coach Mike McDaniel for his first season in Miami after the two spent five seasons together with the 49ers. Mostert's loyalty to McDaniel paid off for the Dolphins last season, as the veteran running back ran for a career-high 891 yards on 181 carries, while also posting a receiving line of 31-202-2. In his age-30 season, Mostert enjoyed arguably the best year of his career and should have a significant role again in 2023. The Dolphins bringing in another back to split touches with Mostert remains a strong possibility, but for now, the Dolphins return a reliable back on a team-friendly deal.
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Mar 14, 2023 at 11:09 AM ET

Twitter: Jeff Wilson on IR

Mostert's time has come. Get him while you still can, because I think his price will go up after Week 1 as long as Hunt stays out of the Miami picture.

Wow. Hoping this slips under the radar.

He's currently #162 on ESPN's draft projection list. Hoping he stays there. I'm moving him up into B. Robinson territory and eyeballing him in rounds 9-10.

This may good for Mostert's short term value but bad for his long term because the Dolphins are going to need to bring in someone and that someone might be better/healthier then Wilson.

It sounds to me like Wilson is most likely done for the season, not just 4 weeks.

This may good for Mostert's short term value but bad for his long term because the Dolphins are going to need to bring in someone and that someone might be better/healthier then Wilson.

It sounds to me like Wilson is most likely done for the season, not just 4 weeks.

>>McDaniel said Achane return is "sooner rather than later" and he expects the rookie RB to be able to do prep work next week before Chargers opener, though he stopped short of saying Achane would be available for opener. Ahmed will practice today or Monday, McDaniel said.<<

>>McDaniel said Achane return is "sooner rather than later" and he expects the rookie RB to be able to do prep work next week before Chargers opener, though he stopped short of saying Achane would be available for opener. Ahmed will practice today or Monday, McDaniel said.<<

I don't think they can or intend to try and make it a whole season with Mostert and Achane as the primary RB's.

Wilson OUT

:whistle:
Wilson plaaced on IR
I would expect a strong opening week from Mostert vs the LAC
Nobody is taking his red zone touches and while i think Achane will be moved along quickly into a 10-12+ touch a week role, Mostert is still the guy to have right now.
I agree with this take. I also think I will send out feelers to trade away Mostert this weekend before Miami has a chance to sign somebody, or before Mostert gets hurt as he usually does.

Users who are viewing this thread