What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Richard Sherman and Brandon Browner (1 Viewer)

So in short, can anyone tell me if they will be available to play Sunday or not?
The appeal may take some time and its feasible they could be available for several weeks (or the entire season).
Heck the "Williams Wall" (Kevin and Pat) had appealed a suspension that last multiple seasons.
That was a little difference because the manufacturer included ingredients it didn't list so there was more to it than a simple appeal. There were several outside lawsuits involved. I don't think their excuses involve taking something that had a hidden ingredient.

Garret Hartley received a 4 game suspension a couple years ago for Adderrol.

He claimed he used to help him stay awake while driving from New Orleans back home to Dallas during the offseason, or between training camp sessions or something similar.

A kicker doesn't need it to help him focus or to study the playbook better (a theory I heard on one of the major radio shows like Patrick or Cowherd).

Hartley is known locally as a partier though.

And a lot of that goes on, and maybe this is just about young guys working hard and grinding the clock between working and having fun 18-20 out of 24 or something close to that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Garret Hartley received a 4 game suspension a couple years ago for Adderrol.He claimed he used to help him stay awake while driving from New Orleans back home to Dallas during the offseason, or between training camp sessions or something similar.A kicker doesn't need it to help him focus or to study the playbook better (a theory I heard on one of the major radio shows like Patrick or Cowherd).Hartley is known locally as a partier though. And a lot of that goes on, and maybe this is just about young guys working hard and grinding the clock between working and having fun 18-20 out of 24 or something close to that.
Browner's already in the substance abuse program so I doubt he's taking it for anything other than performance purposes. If he's taking it at all. Adderal has not and can't be confirmed as the substance that was positive. If it was in fact Adderal and they weren't taking it strictly as a PED, then it's ten times worse IMO. If you're going to let your team and fans down then you damn well better be doing it for the "right" reasons.

Come on guys, they are in a tight playoff battle versus a division leader in Week 13.

Next 4 opponents:

Cardinals (Terrible)

Bills (Terrible)

49ers

Rams (Terrible)

They are obviously working the appellate process so they either miss games where they will not be missed much and hopefully get suspensions reduced but surely to get back before the playoffs.

Should get to see what this guy is made of this weekend vs Brandon Marshall. Jay Cutler could care less if 3 Sherman's are guarding Marshall, he's still sending the ball his way 10 plus times.

Not sure if anybody posted this, but I know plenty of people who substitue snorting this instead of coke. I would stop thinking these guys have pure intentions all the time.

Garret Hartley received a 4 game suspension a couple years ago for Adderrol.He claimed he used to help him stay awake while driving from New Orleans back home to Dallas during the offseason, or between training camp sessions or something similar.A kicker doesn't need it to help him focus or to study the playbook better (a theory I heard on one of the major radio shows like Patrick or Cowherd).Hartley is known locally as a partier though. And a lot of that goes on, and maybe this is just about young guys working hard and grinding the clock between working and having fun 18-20 out of 24 or something close to that.
Browner's already in the substance abuse program so I doubt he's taking it for anything other than performance purposes. If he's taking it at all. Adderal has not and can't be confirmed as the substance that was positive. If it was in fact Adderal and they weren't taking it strictly as a PED, then it's ten times worse IMO. If you're going to let your team and fans down then you damn well better be doing it for the "right" reasons.
On a side note, since adder allies a controlled substance could this trigger a major penalty for browner?

They are both innocent...bottom line.
Says the Seahawks fan :rolleyes:
Don't lump him in with us. He's his own breed of obnoxious blind homer.
I wouldn't want to be lumped into anything with you.
Stunning analysis as usual.
This behavior is typical of you. It is disappointing you feel the need to attack others to try to earn Internet "cool points".

On a side note, since adder allies a controlled substance could this trigger a major penalty for browner?
Dunno, seems like it would only count as one or the other, The NFLPA would have an argument saying he either took it for PED purposes or for recreation.

This behavior is typical of you. It is disappointing you feel the need to attack others to try to earn Internet "cool points".
:lmao: You're breaking my heart. It must be disappointing that even for someone with behavior "typical of me" that even I don't want to be associated with you in any way.

hypocrite much? you do the exact same thing but for attention

Over / Under on combined flags today against Sherman and Browner? I say 2 and take the over.

Browner is a mauler. Sherman has better technique, but is very physical as well. Marshall creates a lot of contact. Should be interesting to watch. I wouldn't want to be an official in this scenario. Will probably feel like a no-win for the refs. Odds are fans of both teams are going to have something to complain about.

Seattle Seahawks cornerback Brandon Browner will begin his four-game suspension this week for violating the league's policy on performance-enhancing drugs.Browner chose not to appeal the positive test, reportedly for Adderall, and will miss the final four games of the regular season.Browner was not at practice Wednesday afternoon and is not eligible to be at the team facility until his suspension ends. If the Seahawks make the playoffs, he will be eligible for the postseason.Browner is the fourth Seahawks player to be suspended for a PED violation in the past calendar year, joining John Moffitt, Allen Barbre and Winston Guy.
Soon to be 5 players suspended for PED within a year. Does that lead the NFL?

For those paying close attention, Walter Thurmond will start for Browner over the next 4 weeks. I believe Jeremy Lane will get some time too. I'm no big fan of Browner's technique. I love his effort. He's all heart on the field, but teams are realizing that he can be beat and starting to avoid Sherman. Last week Marshall had a huge game mostly with Browner in front if him. A month from now it won't shock me if Browner has lost his job.

For those paying close attention, Walter Thurmond will start for Browner over the next 4 weeks. I believe Jeremy Lane will get some time too. I'm no big fan of Browner's technique. I love his effort. He's all heart on the field, but teams are realizing that he can be beat and starting to avoid Sherman. Last week Marshall had a huge game mostly with Browner in front if him. A month from now it won't shock me if Browner has lost his job.
Curious are you suggesting they will be just as good if not better defensively with Browner out?Not questioning it, as I don't know, but I'm more interested in what your suggesting here is all.

Curious are you suggesting they will be just as good if not better defensively with Browner out?Not questioning it, as I don't know, but I'm more interested in what your suggesting here is all.
Better? Possibly. Time will tell. If Thurmond could have stayed healthy he very likely would be starting to this day. He's not going to be as physical as Browner, but he will likely be better in coverage. Probably not better ball skills. IMO both Sherman and Browner are solid at making plays on the ball. It's not often you see them falling into a WR with no clue where the ball is. I think you'll see Thurmond close better. I think you're less likely to see a wide open WR running free past Thurmond like we saw last week in the CHI game (thank god for that drop). If you didn't see the game ask a CHI fan. Browner was torched for what should have been a gimme 6.

Thanks for the report..
No problem. The boards are good source of information as long as people are willing to share information about their team. I find the best information comes a fan that's willing to criticize their team. Blind homerism does nothing for the community.

LINK

Browner will now miss the team's final four regular season games against Arizona, Buffalo, San Francisco and St. Louis, so it will now be interesting to see who takes over his spot on the outside. Jeremy Lane, Marcus Trufant, Walter Thurmond, Byron Maxwell, and Deshawn Shead are all possible candidates. The Seahawks also signed Ron Parker, who was with the team in training camp and preseason, to their active roster. Shead and Parker take Browner and Braylon Edwards' spots on the 53-man roster. Regardless, the depth at corner is actually stronger than many might believe, I think, and it should be fun to see how any of this group performs in game action.

UPDATE:

Per Pete Carroll's press conference, Walter Thurmond will take over for Browner on the outside, and they'll continue their same style of play. Remember, Thurmond might be 5'11 or so, but has the same arm span as Richard Sherman, so he can really still play the pressing, physical style that Browner brings.

Moving to the inside, Jeremy Lane will be the first man up for the nickel slot CB role, and will be backed up by Byron Maxwell. Deshawn Shead will be depth there, as will Ron Parker.

I am, have been, and continue to be really optimistic about Thurmond.

Smart move for one of them not to dispute and take the suspension. Sherman with his appeal can delay his suspension and keep the playoff hunt alive, while Browner can "tag" in once he's off his suspension.

Not sure if mentioned, but:

The NFL is either not allowed or int disclosing what these guys are banned for so they have all been claiming it is Adderall (See the TB Bucs).

The players' agents put this out because its likely they are taking something more along the PED (steroid) line and don't want that negative news affecting their "brand."

Last edited by a moderator:
CB Phillip Adams had a great game last night for the Raiders. He was in Seattle during the preseason and was let go. Would seem to indicate that the Seattle depth at CB is solid.

Did they really need Sherman today? Maybe the smarter play was to let them both sit out the final 4 games to have them both for the playoffs.

Did they really need Sherman today? Maybe the smarter play was to let them both sit out the final 4 games to have them both for the playoffs.
7-5 with several teams right behind them. Best move was to offset who was going to be out. I did read that the Hawks are comfortable with the depth at the CB position but I get why they went ahead with this move

7-5 with several teams right behind them. Best move was to offset who was going to be out. I did read that the Hawks are comfortable with the depth at the CB position but I get why they went ahead with this move
They're not going to go far in the playoffs without both CBs. Seattle should have taken its chances without them in the regular season.

That cheater sure is having a good time out there today. Hope all of the little kids watching out there are learning that cheating makes you happy :thumbup:

They're not going to go far in the playoffs without both CBs. Seattle should have taken its chances without them in the regular season.
Just risky since they're not a lock for the playoffs

Just risky since they're not a lock for the playoffs
They were gonna go 3-1 with them, and they'd probably go 2-2 without them. Just seems like an exercise in pointlessness when you know that one of your starting CBs is going to miss the playoffs.It's like punting when you're down by 21 points. Sometimes you have to make the risky play if you want to have a chance to win.

Spent most of the day lined across from Larry Fitzgerald, who ended up with one catch for two yards :whistle:

Spent most of the day lined across from Larry Fitzgerald, who ended up with one catch for two yards :whistle:
Not to mention at least 2 of the INTs were on Fitz targets. Hard game to really judge anyone or anything on. Other than AZ sucks.

Other than AZ sucks.
I think this game was pretty telling in one regard. A porous offensive line makes an entire team look bad. They're not that bad across many of the position groups. In fact, I think they are good enough to compete with anybody if you compare all the other position groups without the offensive line. Quarterback? I think they could be competitive at that position, but not with that line.

Other than AZ sucks.
I think this game was pretty telling in one regard. A porous offensive line makes an entire team look bad. They're not that bad across many of the position groups. In fact, I think they are good enough to compete with anybody if you compare all the other position groups without the offensive line. Quarterback? I think they could be competitive at that position, but not with that line.
Real-life NFL coaches and GMs always say building a team always starts on both sides of the line (building an o-line and a d-line). The fact that the cardinals don't have an o-line can't over-emphasize its impact on how a lot of people will think of Cardinals fantasy players. We all know what Fitz is but to see such a great player be an absolute non-factor should illustrate for people how bad this is in Arizona. I don't know about Lindley but Skelton and Kolb are better than what the masses would be willing to aknowledge right now. Floyd and Roberts are too. Beanie and Williams are also. I would say, a year from now, one of the players that people will have a completely different take on (if he goes somewhere else or IF the Cards fix their issues on the line) is Beanie Wells. He's not great but he, along with everyone else on offense, are A LOT better than this fiasco we have seen for the past two months.

Sherman's appeal for his suspension is set for Friday so I'm guessing at least 4-1 odds that he won't be available for the 49ers.

Sherman's appeal for his suspension is set for Friday so I'm guessing at least 4-1 odds that he won't be available for the 49ers.
If he were to play like he did against BUF he wouldn't be missed. He got torched by Stevie J. Really looking forward to seeing more of Lane. Heard a Carroll quote today that he thinks Lane is the fastest guy on the roster. Combine that with an enormous chip on his shoulder and I think we have the makings of an angry physical young CB. He looked great on the first deep ball yesterday. Great trail coverage and quickly got his head around and eyes on the ball.

If he were to play like he did against BUF he wouldn't be missed. He got torched by Stevie J. Really looking forward to seeing more of Lane. Heard a Carroll quote today that he thinks Lane is the fastest guy on the roster. Combine that with an enormous chip on his shoulder and I think we have the makings of an angry physical young CB. He looked great on the first deep ball yesterday. Great trail coverage and quickly got his head around and eyes on the ball.
C'mon. You appear to be the most level-headed 'Hawk fan on the board. I'm assuming you don't really want to see Lane in over Sherman. Despite a subpar game yesterday, he's still one of the best cover-corners in the game.

C'mon. You appear to be the most level-headed 'Hawk fan on the board. I'm assuming you don't really want to see Lane in over Sherman. Despite a subpar game yesterday, he's still one of the best cover-corners in the game.
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I agree with you that Sherman has become one of the best, but that doesn't mean he's perfect. Again, he got torched yesterday. I'm just excited to see what the depth at CB looks like. I think both Maxwell and Lane can play. Schneider and Carroll have really put in the time to build depth on this roster. I think it will be cool to see it pay off. I've mentioned it before, but I won't be shocked to not see Browner starting at CB for Seattle next year.

'Hooper31 said:
'The Dreaded Marco said:
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I agree with you that Sherman has become one of the best, but that doesn't mean he's perfect. Again, he got torched yesterday. I'm just excited to see what the depth at CB looks like. I think both Maxwell and Lane can play. Schneider and Carroll have really put in the time to build depth on this roster. I think it will be cool to see it pay off. I've mentioned it before, but I won't be shocked to not see Browner starting at CB for Seattle next year.
And they're gonna need it---potentially down their top 4 CBs (Sherman, Browner, Trufant, Thurmond).

Users who are viewing this thread