What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Seattle Seahawks @ Green Bay Packers Game Thread (3 Viewers)

So here’s the thing: Seattle’s defense blew up A-A-Ron.

SF’s D is 10x better than Seattle’s D right now. That front 4 is healthy. Packers in for a long day. 

glad to see Seattle our. Go Niners. 
Not the defense that worries me about GB, it's Kittle, he'll probably have 200 yards...

This Seahawk team overachieved this season.   Getting this far with the amount of injuries they had was an accomplishment.  Other than losing a bunch because I had them +4, pretty satisfied with this season.

GB will have to be way better in SF. 

To me, on the first view, live I thought he was short of the first. But it was close and once they called first, and watching the replays I thought it would stand because none of the views showed enough to change it. 

As much props as Wilson gets these days, still not enough. That guy is amazing, I was exhausted just watching others trying to tackle him. 
I guess the one shot of the Graham catch where he looked short had the yellow line in the wrong spot. First down. Hawks couldn’t get off the field.

SF pass rush is just nasty, way better than Seattle. Rodgers moves so well but I don’t see them having enough. Maybe Jimmy G screws the pooch? 

Ill take any of these teams in the SB. Gotta think KC wins it all but probably just because they looked so good today.

Russ is a super stud, Carson/Penny injury just killed them. Need a good draft this year big time.

GB will have to be way better in SF.
#truth

To me, on the first view, live I thought he was short of the first. But it was close and once they called first, and watching the replays I thought it would stand because none of the views showed enough to change it. 

agreed 100%. The overhead view shows his progress, but you have no idea where the ball is In relation to the line to gain, or where he or the ball hits the ground 

one view shows his shoulder hitting apparently past the line. Another view you couldn’t really tell. 

it was the right call. and if it was called the other way on the field & reviewed, it also would have been the right call. 

As much props as Wilson gets these days, still not enough. That guy is amazing, I was exhausted just watching others trying to tackle him. 
He had his ups & downs tonight but it’s clear this entire Seahawks team is the walking wounded. Gutsy loss. No such thing as a moral victory, but Seattle played their butts off. 

This Seahawk team overachieved this season.   Getting this far with the amount of injuries they had was an accomplishment.  Other than losing a bunch because I had them +4, pretty satisfied with this season.
They don’t lose Carson/Penny I like their chances. Need to hit on some OL/DL picks in the draft. 

Happens every week: a ref from 7 yards BEHIND the line to gain runs in with a bad angle and marks the ball a yard ahead or a yard short of where EVERYONE watching on TV knows it should be.  WHY don't they have a referee station ON the line to gain?  You are a $1B industry NFL, you can afford an extra referee!
Lol - people watching from their couch know the spot better than a ref standing on the field. 

The yellow yard marker had to be off.  From the angle from the right side of the field his helmet hits the ground at the yard marker.  The ball is at his chest in all the other reviews.  The only thing I can thing was that they didn't trust the yard marker.

Russell Wilson is so dangerous and tough to beat.  Hats off to him; once they stopped handing the ball to fat man Lynch, that offense was cookin’.

Congrats to the true Seahawks fans and team on a good season and a very tough battle the 2nd half today.

To Pete Carroll on the other hand, nothing I have to say about him is appropriate for this board.  Love to see that guy lose.

Russell Wilson is so dangerous and tough to beat.  Hats off to him; once they stopped handing the ball to fat man Lynch, that offense was cookin’.

Congrats to the true Seahawks fans and team on a good season and a very tough battle the 2nd half today.

To Pete Carroll on the other hand, nothing I have to say about him is appropriate for this board.  Love to see that guy lose.
I was so worried he was going to injure an O-Linemen with the amount of times he runs into their backs.

I would love to see him penalized for all of the times he comes well on to the field.  I hate that.

Love to see the Packers defend Lambeau.  

I keep in mind how short-handed Seattle was.

Hope the Packers did not have any injuries which will hamper them next week.

Did they ever follow up on the ten second shot during the two minute warning T.O. of the trainer looking at Alexander's right wrist?

Last edited by a moderator:
Seattle lost because, yet again, they had a terrible offensive gameplan.  That offense, without Carson/Penny, does well when Russell “magic water cured my concussion” Wilson is running around like Fran Tarkenton and making plays.  The entire offense played poorly in the first half.....then they let Wilson take over, down 21-3.

My questions for Mike Pettine:  why do we ever play a zone?   At what point this season has the zone worked?  Is there a single game you can point to where it was successful?

Seattle lost because, yet again, they had a terrible offensive gameplan.  That offense, without Carson/Penny, does well when Russell “magic water cured my concussion” Wilson is running around like Fran Tarkenton and making plays.  The entire offense played poorly in the first half.....then they let Wilson take over, down 21-3.

My questions for Mike Pettine:  why do we ever play a zone?   At what point this season has the zone worked?  Is there a single game you can point to where it was successful?
If I had asked you in August if you would accept the Packers in the NFCCG what would you have said?

While I agree somewhat with your overall point, just have fun with it man. The Packers are 1 game away from the Super Bowl. 

Users who are viewing this thread