What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Star Wars Universe (4 Viewers)

Why oh why does

Andy Sirkis always, die?

šŸ˜„
Gilroy is being kind of cagey on whether that's actually true.
I saw something similar from Serkis, so you never know.
I havenā€™t seen a body.
So you didn't see him get sliced in half and the body fall into a huge pit, or get pulled into a sarlacc to be digested over 1000 years (silly - you'll be dead in 3 days, who cares about digestion)?
Beside the sequels, bringing both of those characters back to life is my biggest issue with the Star Wars Universe.

I like Mando more than Andor...seems like I might be on an island here.

I think Mando is the better Star Wars show, but Andor and a the better show

Hopefully that makes sense
Not sure what is not to like about either of them. Star wars seems to be taking the MArvel Universe concept and doing similar things. Andor is more like "Captain America: the Winter soldier" and Mando is more like the spider man films if you will. The winter soldier was an espionage piece that just happened to take place in the world of super heros, and Mando is a character driven piece that has all the bells and whistles of star wars, but is an adjacent story to canon (much like Peter parker is adjacent to the avengers bc sony own the rights).

I'd say that only Book of Boba was a disappointment, and even then it has more to do w the main actor being out of his prime fighting age than any other part of it.

I'd say that only Book of Boba was a disappointment, and even then it has more to do w the main actor being out of his prime fighting age than any other part of it.
The story was also vapid and poorly written. Side characters that were cool were left unexplored (the wookie), then they had lame millennial neon Vespa riders who were worthless, and the main character was unlikable. The best part was Mando saving the day.

The story was also vapid and poorly written. Side characters that were cool were left unexplored (the wookie), then they had lame millennial neon Vespa riders who were worthless, and the main character was unlikable. The best part was Mando saving the day.
I have no idea if this actually happened but I swear halfway through writing they were like man we gotta get mando involved.

First of all, you cannot top the original trilogy.
Of course you can. It just happened.
I saw no C3-PO, R2-D2, or a Skywalker anywhere!.....Lando Calrissian? Disqualified for best ever! Sorry I don't make the rules.
I am with youā€¦.the original trilogy is still the GOAT and adding in Rogue One before you embark on Episodes 4,5 and 6 is the straw that stirs the drink.

Rogue One is easily the best post original trilogy Star Wars output ever on the big screen IMO.

Andor...is...awesome.

One episode left.
Well I was hoping for a little more finality than we got, but I'm more than happy we're getting more of this!

I always kind of had a thing for Mon Mothma (yes, I know she had about seven minutes of screen time) so it's great she is such a prominent character.

Did everyone catch the post-credits scene? I'm sure I'm not alone but I had it figured out what the prisoners were building parts for.

Last edited:
I didnā€™t realize Bad Batch had a season 2 airing right now until I stumbled across an ad in the Disney app. They didnā€™t do a great job making people aware of that one (or I just missed the marketing somehow).

I didnā€™t realize Bad Batch had a season 2 airing right now until I stumbled across an ad in the Disney app. They didnā€™t do a great job making people aware of that one (or I just missed the marketing somehow).

I think Bad Batch is pretty terrible. There was one or two episodes that were good because it was about the overall story more than Star Wars A-Team. I watched a couple this season, but found myself distracted and on my phone mostly, so gave up.

If anyone can point to the episodes that are more about the Empire and dismantling of the Clones, I would watch those few episodes. But Tech pod racing is like Jumping the Shark.

I think Bad Batch is pretty terrible. There was one or two episodes that were good because it was about the overall story more than Star Wars A-Team. I watched a couple this season, but found myself distracted and on my phone mostly, so gave up.

If anyone can point to the episodes that are more about the Empire and dismantling of the Clones, I would watch those few episodes. But Tech pod racing is like Jumping the Shark.
Itā€™s not great adult content but I think itā€™s watchable and my kids love it.

The clone dismantlement is 2% of every episode. The last ~3 episodes are going deeper into it - not sure where the evil doctor plot is going, but it's moving along slowly through the season.

Bad Batch is fine, my kid loves it, but thereā€™s really no storyline threading throughout it other than Omega is special and they have to protect her. It is pretty boring. Kind of reminds me of the first few years of Rebels.

I am sure it is leading to some future live action series featuring a real version of Omega.

I find Bad Batch okay. A lot of this season is pretty boring. But the insight into phasing out of the clones and some of the transitioning from Republic to Empire is good. Just need all that condensed into 2 hours.

Mandalorian is knocking it out of the park this season.
You think? Whole season is seemed kinda cheesy and wandering to me.
I choose to ignore the crap cameo's and focus on the action sequences. :lmao: To be fair, I think I get jacked up on some of those action scenes and then when I come down off the high am like... wait, the storyline is all over the place, the cameo's are horrible, the B-2 running (which have always been depicted as slow lumbering droids in all previous from what I can recall) and then I get disappointed.

Any info on the two red lightsaber weilders? I have to admit the chunky old guy didnā€™t make me think ā€œthis guy is going to kick ***.ā€

I saw no C3-PO, R2-D2, or a Skywalker anywhere!.....Lando Calrissian? Disqualified for best ever! Sorry I don't make the rules.
I am with youā€¦.the original trilogy is still the GOAT and adding in Rogue One before you embark on Episodes 4,5 and 6 is the straw that stirs the drink.

Rogue One is easily the best post original trilogy Star Wars output ever on the big screen IMO.
Solo was pretty darn good

Any info on the two red lightsaber weilders? I have to admit the chunky old guy didnā€™t make me think ā€œthis guy is going to kick ***.ā€

This has to be breaking the Internet, no?

I got the feels watching this. Filoni proving he's up to the task here. If the series lives up to this trailer, then I can't wait for the movie!

This has to be breaking the Internet, no?

I got the feels watching this. Filoni proving he's up to the task here. If the series lives up to this trailer, then I can't wait for the movie!
Filoni has always been up for the task. Still, a bit miffed they didn't can Kennedy and promote him to run it all.

It was?

It was?
I enjoyed it......what was wrong with it?

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA

It was?
I mean it was fine. I love all this ****, but Rogue One was clearly a cut above Solo, which is pretty far down the list of best Star Wars stuff

Who was the old guy wrecking people in the Ashoka trailer? Damn that looked great. Rebels was their best animated series imo so I am really excited for that one.

Chopper, Hera, Thrawn, Sabine... anyone else from Rebels in there?
Not Kanan.

Too soon?
I liked seeing his backstory in the Tales of the Jedi or whatever it was called.

I expected a final frame of Ezra.
Wasn't that him in the holo?
Yes. At least according to the comments section of YT. Sure looks like him.
Looks like it, but it looks static, like an old holo to remember him by.

It was?
I mean it was fine. I love all this ****, but Rogue One was clearly a cut above Solo, which is pretty far down the list of best Star Wars stuff
You said "easily the best." I like Rogue One a lot, but the origin story of Han Solo which was pretty good I believe puts it in the same conversation as Rogue One

IMDB scores: Rogue One 7.8, Solo 6.9
Rotten Tomatoes: Rogue One 84/87, Solo 69/63

On aggregate, people like Rogue One considerably more than Solo.

Reactions: JAA
Chopper, Hera, Thrawn, Sabine... anyone else from Rebels in there?
Not Kanan.

Too soon?
I liked seeing his backstory in the Tales of the Jedi or whatever it was called.

I expected a final frame of Ezra.
Why donā€™t I remember this? I remember him being in the first season of Bad Batch. I might need to rewatch Tales.
I'm wrong. I was remembering the Bad Batch episodes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread