What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Star Wars Universe (1 Viewer)

I have no idea what message Anakin was trying to get across but it looked very cool.

I think it was simply to make a choice whether to live or die. But I'm terrible at interpreting this stuff.
I thought it was Live or Die, but not in the context if Ashoka should live or die - but more would she let her opponent live or die. She has been very aggresive in battles lately, similar to Anakin near the end of the prequels. Look at her clone wars flashback that Anakin didn't know about. She was slicing foes up left and right with no remorse. So was she going to let Anakin live (good side) or die (dark side). She's been teetering the edge of going down the same dark path as Anakin. This seemed to be a place where she needed to decide who she was going to be, and in the end chose to let Anakin live thus repelling the dark side. At least thats how I took it.

It still could be in the context of Ahsoka if she follows Anakin's path, but just not in a literal sense. Obi-wan: "He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed. So what I told you was true, from a certain point of view."

My favorite line was Ahsoka: "I won't fight you." Anakin: "I've heard that before." It's interesting because if it wasn't for that line you could believe the entire World Between Worlds sequence was in Ahsoka's mind. But that line implies that the post ROTJ spirit of Anakin is connected to her in some way, even if he isn't appearing as a traditional Force ghost.

My favorite line was Ahsoka: "I won't fight you." Anakin: "I've heard that before." It's interesting because if it wasn't for that line you could believe the entire World Between Worlds sequence was in Ahsoka's mind. But that line implies that the post ROTJ spirit of Anakin is connected to her in some way, even if he isn't appearing as a traditional Force ghost.
I hope that they thought it out in this level of detail.

I hope that they thought it out in this level of detail.

It's Filoni. 100% they did this on purpose.

I have no idea what message Anakin was trying to get across but it looked very cool.

I think it was simply to make a choice whether to live or die. But I'm terrible at interpreting this stuff.
I thought it was Live or Die, but not in the context if Ashoka should live or die - but more would she let her opponent live or die. She has been very aggresive in battles lately, similar to Anakin near the end of the prequels. Look at her clone wars flashback that Anakin didn't know about. She was slicing foes up left and right with no remorse. So was she going to let Anakin live (good side) or die (dark side). She's been teetering the edge of going down the same dark path as Anakin. This seemed to be a place where she needed to decide who she was going to be, and in the end chose to let Anakin live thus repelling the dark side. At least thats how I took it.

It still could be in the context of Ahsoka if she follows Anakin's path, but just not in a literal sense. Obi-wan: "He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed. So what I told you was true, from a certain point of view."
By the way, to give more credence to this theory, in the Battle of Mandalore scene, they literally showed him running off ahead, flashing in and out of Anakin/Vader, calling for her to follow. She stood there for a bit, but I can't remember whether they showed her following or if this is where it cut back to the space scene (will have to watch again).

By the way, to give more credence to this theory, in the Battle of Mandalore scene, they literally showed him running off ahead, flashing in and out of Anakin/Vader, calling for her to follow. She stood there for a bit, but I can't remember whether they showed her following or if this is where it cut back to the space scene (will have to watch again).
I agree. In hindsight, it was all well thought out, and also pretty transparently laid out (although I admit I didn't really think about it until I read Peak's post above).

Hayden was the worst casting decision of all time, in the Star Wars universe.

I thought the sequence with him in it in episode 5 was weird, and unnecessary. Enjoyed episodes 1-4 much more.

Do we finally see Ezra tonight? I say it’s the cliffhanger leading into next week’s episode. Ahsoka finds him and says Ezra? or something and credits roll.

This is what I said early on. Assuming you didn’t watch rebels how would you know what is going on?

I loved it however.

Yeah, didn't watch rebels. I'll have to find a summary somewhere online.
There are dozens of YouTube videos that will summarize both clone wars and rebels for you in 10 or 20 minutes.

As someone who watched rebels it was a very geeky moment seeing Ezra show up. That was really great. Great show. They are killing it.

So we've begun watching Ep 4-6 with our almost 6 and 4 yr old boys...before that began with reading the Little Golden Books versions. They love the books and movies.
However, recently bought the 9 movie LGB set...so had to start with Ep 1-3.
Kids are bored and confused thru 1-2...just drives home to me how bad those were. It's hard to make a 20-page book boring.

Not having watched Rebels or Clone Wars I am missing how they got to this point and some of the connections between the characters, but It's fairly easy to follow where we are heading.

However, this ep seemed to be a classic get everyone in the right spot so we can head into the climactic ending. Here's the two characters everyone has been talking about, now lets bring them all in for the chase scene and the final battle. 2 eps left?

Oh and I am enjoying, may even go back and watch the animated series.

Last edited:
I’m a bit lost. But that last episode was some hot garbage.
Whaaaaaaa? That was one of my favorite hours of Star Wars ever.

I think this is a show for Rebels fans.
i know i'm lacking the back story, so some of it doesn't hit for me. the opening was meh., robot therapist? too many cutesy creatures throughout. both thrawn and ezra(who is he? and why is he important) were let downs. and how long have thrawn and co been in exile?

i know i'm lacking the back story, so some of it doesn't hit for me. the opening was meh., robot therapist? too many cutesy creatures throughout. both thrawn and ezra(who is he? and why is he important) were let downs. and how long have thrawn and co been in exile?
Rebels answers most, if not all, of those questions. Even if watch the last season, you'll catch up quickly.

You should really watch rebels or a YouTube summary video. But, there is no way to match the level of anticipation that someone will have who watched rebels 6 years ago and have been waiting for this, against somebody watching a YouTube summary. But hopefully it can still be enjoyed all the same.

Also, all of Star Wars is cutesy creatures. The Ewoks say hello.

You should really watch rebels or a YouTube summary video. But, there is no way to match the level of anticipation that someone will have who watched rebels 6 years ago and have been waiting for this, against somebody watching a YouTube summary. But hopefully it can still be enjoyed all the same.

I know. :hot: Interstellar travel inside the whale squid, and then I was grumbling at the tv when the wolf horse was made to sound like a horse. Both in clopping footsteps and whinnying. :rolleyes: and then the turtles with snail eyes. It was just too much! :lmao: still love it all though. I’ll have to watch a summary

Even as someone who watched Rebels/Clone Wars, the plot still seems to be moving fairly slowly and without a lot of clarity. I half wish I just waited to binge this, because whatever frustration I currently have (and there's not a lot - it's a good show) would probably go away if I could just hit the "next episode" button and find out what's happening next.

Even as someone who watched Rebels/Clone Wars, the plot still seems to be moving fairly slowly and without a lot of clarity. I half wish I just waited to binge this, because whatever frustration I currently have (and there's not a lot - it's a good show) would probably go away if I could just hit the "next episode" button and find out what's happening next.
I feel like that's how Disney is managing both these SW and Marvel TV shows. You get a good episode followed by a couple setup episodes. Knowing the pattern has at least helped with my expectations. As someone mentioned up thread, we're to the point in the series where everyone is gathering together. Next week we'll see more get together and set up the last epic battle.

Also, I enjoyed the squid whales. I even got a chuckle out of them when they did a quick guest spot on the last season of The Mandalorian. One online commentary wondered if Grogu could sense Ashoka inside one of the whales and thats why he waved to it. Interesting thought.

This is what I said early on. Assuming you didn’t watch rebels how would you know what is going on?

I loved it however.

Yeah, didn't watch rebels. I'll have to find a summary somewhere online.
Was thinking about this and looked at a few sites. I think the following list would provide a quick summary. It's about 15 episodes, all 30mins each. Quick, fun ones to watch:
  • Spark of Rebellion (Parts 1 & 2) (S01E01 & S01E02) ... get to know the Rebels crew/players like Ezra, Sabine, Hera, Chopper, Kanan, Zeb
  • Fire Across the Galaxy (S01E15) ... First Ahsoka appearance
  • The Siege of Lothal (Parts 1 & 2) (S02E01 & S02E02) ... Vader vs Ahsoka, Ezra, and Kanan
  • Shroud of Darkness (S02E18) ... Jedi Temple, Yoda, Force visions for Ahsoka, Ezra, and Kanan
  • Twilight of the Apprentice (Parts 1 & 2) (S02E21 & S02E22) ... Ahsoka vs Vader/Anakin
  • Steps into Shadow (Parts 1 & 2) (S03E01 & S03E02) ... Thrawn centric and setups up the final season of Rebels
  • Hera's Heroes (S03E05) ... Deeper look into Thrawn's character
  • Through Imperial Eyes (S03E17) ... View of Thrawn as a major villian as Ezra goes undercover as a Rebel spy
  • A World Between Worlds (S04E13) ... First look at the World between worlds with Ezra and Ahsoka
  • Family Reunion and Farewell (Parts 1 & 2) (S04E15 & S04E16) ... Final two episodes of Rebels that setups up the Ahsoka series

Didn't watch Rebels but I tend to enjoy things as the come and then look for the backstory/easter eggs on "explainer" sites.

Yes, Grogu waving at the space whale was bc Asoka was in it. Basically her in her grey vs white robes seem to be the timeline stamp.

Considering this is all working up to a Rebels/Manodverse avengers style team up movie (where Filoni and Favareu try to retcon 7-9 to fit into all of the SW narratives) it is going to be a lot of D+ heavy lifting here.

The good news is all of these force sensitive kids and adults will play well into the Rey Stand alone movies perhaps (as these guys take the reigns of the franchise)

I guess the question is whether Thrawn is defeated/stranded again now, or whether we will have a nice Thrawn Wars Saga between now and the abysmal sequels.

I thought this episode was right up there with the top Mando Season 1-2 episodes.

I LOVED Rebels but am very meh on this. Thrawn looks awful, just like a blue Data from Star Trek. Way too little Ahsoka.
Some "cartoons" are not going to transfer over real well. Cad Bane was pretty decent, IG 88 was awesome, and thrawn is just very blue.

I LOVED Rebels but am very meh on this. Thrawn looks awful, just like a blue Data from Star Trek. Way too little Ahsoka.
Some "cartoons" are not going to transfer over real well. Cad Bane was pretty decent, IG 88 was awesome, and thrawn is just very blue.
Blue is fine, but he looks like an old Data from Trek.

I guess the question is whether Thrawn is defeated/stranded again now, or whether we will have a nice Thrawn Wars Saga between now and the abysmal sequels.

I thought this episode was right up there with the top Mando Season 1-2 episodes.
My guess is that this season ends with Thrawn making it back to their galaxy, and possibly stranding Ezra, Sabine and Ashoka in the other galaxy. Then next season is all about Thrawn rebuilding the Empire.

My guess is that this season ends with Thrawn making it back to their galaxy, and possibly stranding Ezra, Sabine and Ashoka in the other galaxy. Then next season is all about Thrawn rebuilding the Empire.

I hope Luke and Ahsoka work together.

The Thrawn entrance was amazing. I loved the music they used. Actor is slightly too old and out of shape for Thrawn, but he nails the acting. Plus I couldn't imagine any other voice as Thrawn. Just seeing that Thrawn entrance made the episode awesome.

The Thrawn entrance was amazing. I loved the music they used. Actor is slightly too old and out of shape for Thrawn, but he nails the acting. Plus I couldn't imagine any other voice as Thrawn. Just seeing that Thrawn entrance made the episode awesome.
Well, it’s like 10-13 years since rebels ended and he’s probably not working out a lot on that remote planet. The actual actor appears to be very much in shape. I think they intentionally made him look old and fat.

YouTube guy called emergency awesome (he’s been referenced here before) — he says there will be a thrawn movie in the next few years called Heir to the Empire and Luke will be involved. He doesn’t think prominently but says there is no way they could tell this story without involving Luke.

YouTube guy called emergency awesome (he’s been referenced here before) — he says there will be a thrawn movie in the next few years called Heir to the Empire and Luke will be involved. He doesn’t think prominently but says there is no way they could tell this story without involving Luke.

thank the gods. those tim zahn books are the best star wars stuff besides the original 3

I haven't heard that and my guy who has worked on every live-action Filoni show to date has not been hired for anything like that yet. Last thing he worked on was Ahsoka and Skeleton Crew -- nothing new on horizon right now.

I haven't heard that and my guy who has worked on every live-action Filoni show to date has not been hired for anything like that yet.
Filoni let it slip this summer that that is the ultimate conclusion to the whole thrawn thing. Nothing has been started with it yet from what I gather.

We knew this was coming - Cad Bane was out of nowhere and made me yell when I recognized his shape as he approached.

Is this dog/horse the best job they’ve ever done on a space animal? Movements look smooth, I can’t tell where the CGI ends and whatever Sabine’s riding end - I’m really impressed.

What is Baylan's end game? I thought originally that it involved bringing back Thrawn and rebuilding the Empire. But I am not sure after this episode. The scene where Baylan and Shin are following Sabine and find the remains of the natives that she killed is very interesting. Lots of fascinating hints.

When he says that he saw no future in the Jedi order, she asks "you clearly see one here, in this wasteland?". Then he says "perhaps they feel a power greater than their own" in regards to the Dathomir witches. He also says he trained Shin to be "something greater" than a Jedi. Is she something special? Is there something on the planet he is looking for? It seems like he is more interested in the planet than Thrawn.

Users who are viewing this thread