What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Starting Eli Manning? If so, over who and why? (1 Viewer)

xenon

Footballguy
Starting over Vick.

I think it's going to be a shootout. Eli has Cruz, Nicks, Randle, Myers...and from what I understand from this board, an offensive line that is better at pass pro than running. I think the for the NYG to win this year, it's going to to be through the air. If Wilson shows up and avoids the injury bug, they could have a pretty potent offense...oh yeah, Champ Baily is out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Starting him over Romo and Rivers in one league and Romo over him in another.

I like both Romo and Eli's matchups this week, couldn't decide so I split it.

Starting Cam again, although it cost me the win last week. I knew in my gut that I should've went with Eli, but couldn't bench my stud in Week 1. It doesn't help that I am a Giants' fan. I always temper my own expectations in regards to Giant players.

In Dynasty I am starting him over Romo and Wilson...sore ribs for Romo, Wilson against SF D, and I lost first week...with Eli I am rolling the dice to get 25 points or I could get 6...others are more consistent but I am willing to risk it for more upside. If I was favored I would probably go Wilson. I am afraid Justin Houston sacks Romo and he is out for the game too..

Starting Eli over RGIII

I love both of their matchups but Eli vs. Payton @ Home should be a shootout (they are 1 and 2 in the league in TD passes)

I started RGIII last week and Eli threw for 450 & 4 tds

Last edited by a moderator:
Leaning towards starting RGIII over Eli here's why:

Comartie, Carter, Harris are very underrated D-backs, better then most teams

Denver has had extra time and rest to prepare for the Giants

NY running game big question mark, Denver may rush Eli and show no respect for the run

I still like Eli, but only in leagues where sacks and int's don't take points away

I'm starting him over Newton without hesitation. I need to see if Cam's week 1 was a fluke or a product of a horrible Offensive coordinator in Shula. Eli is a solid play this week,the game will be in the 30's for both teams,with questions in The Giants backfield,Nicks and Cruz healthy,It wouldn't surprise me if Eli came close to last weeks numbers,or bettered them with 1 or 2 fewer INT.,s

I am in the Cam vs Eli boat too, which helped cost me last week. I think Newton's struggles had more to do with playing the top defense in the NFL. Will likely start versus Buffalo.

xenon said:
Starting over Vick.

I think it's going to be a shootout. Eli has Cruz, Nicks, Randle, Myers...and from what I understand from this board, an offensive line that is better at pass pro than running. I think the for the NYG to win this year, it's going to to be through the air. If Wilson shows up and avoids the injury bug, they could have a pretty potent offense...oh yeah, Champ Baily is out.
I also have Eli & Vick and I'm starting Vick.

I just fear that the shootout everyone is predicting won't happen, it rarely does. I'm scared Denver goes up by 14+ and Eli tanks rather than throws another 400 & 4 TDs. I just think Vick is a safer bet for a good game.

I'm starting Eli over RGIII. I have RGIII starting in another league, so part of my decision is based on diversity. But it's easy to rationalize Eli having a similar game to last week given the circumstances. They will have to score to keep up, and I don't think their running game will be good enough to control the clock and keep the Broncos offense on the sideline.

Starting him over *everyone* this week. But specifically, over Ryan and Romo. I think with the doubt at RB and the Denver offense they are going to throw throw throw.

just decided to put in Eli over Colin Kaepernick. i probably put more stock than i should in home vs. away teams, and i am rolling with Eli playing at home.

xenon said:
Starting over Vick.

I sure did make the wrong decision today....likely will cost me the W

Users who are viewing this thread