What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Sunday Night Football - Philadelphia at Dallas*** (-3, 53) 8:20 (2 Viewers)

A couple of thoughts about this game..

I've been hammering this team about their lack of a run game (they don't run it enough and they are bad when they do). Interesting though, their run stats really started to fall off after week 4. That is when Cam Jurgens went out and since that time, they haven't had a single game in which Lane, Cam and Dallas Goedert played together-this week will be the first in 9 weeks. Something to look out for.

How good are the Cowboys?
They are 9-3 and have not beaten a team that is currently over .500 all season. Of the opposing team's that Dallas has beaten, their combined record is 33-65. For reference, the teams that the Eagles have beaten have 23 more wins.

The games that they really put big points up have come against NYG (26th ranked defense), Pats (21th), Rams (14th), NYG (26th), Panthers (30th), Washington (32nd), Seattle (25th).

Starting to feel better about this game.

Dallas needs this game, but Eagles will be up for it I think. Earlier I thought Dallas would win it. Now.....kinda think they crack. Philly 35-31

Dallas needs this game, but Eagles will be up for it I think. Earlier I thought Dallas would win it. Now.....kinda think they crack. Philly 35-31
Pretty sure Dallas is going to be the 5 seed whether they win tomorrow or not.

It could be argued that Philly needs this game more after getting their doors blown off last week

The games that they really put big points up have come against NYG (26th ranked defense), Pats (21th), Rams (14th), NYG (26th), Panthers (30th), Washington (32nd), Seattle (25th).

Eagles 20th ranked Defense should fare much better.
I mean, yeah eagles defense is not great but better than all the ones listed above. Especially with getting Cunningham back and adding Shaq Leonard.

That wasn’t my point though, Dallas could absolutely beat us tomorrow.

My point was just that there is this big push to crown Dallas as the second best team in the league behind sf and Dak should be mvp narrative, while they’ve been doing big things against a cross section of basically some of the worst teams in the league. Do you disagree? Who are the legitimate contenders they’ve played this year and won?

It could be argued that Philly needs this game more after getting their doors blown off last week
I feel it's a big prove it game for the Eagles. I don't think the blow out is indicative of how good the Eagles are and they should be chopping at the bit to prove last week was a fluke. If they come out and get stomped again, that will be earth shattering to what they want to do.

I can tell you from this eagles’ fans standpoint, this is just about the biggest game of the year. We win and we control the division and the 1 seed. We lose and we’re probably out the 1 seed and are in a slipping momentum going into Seattle (where we never play well). I don’t know Dallas’ mindset but numbers wise I generally agree they can win or lose this game and I don’t think it makes much difference. Gotta believe they have one more loss on their docket with Bills, Miami, Lions all still to be played.

I feel it's a big prove it game for the Eagles. I don't think the blow out is indicative of how good the Eagles are and they should be chopping at the bit to prove last week was a fluke. If they come out and get stomped again, that will be earth shattering to what they want to do.
Right. That’s why I think it’s a bigger game for PHI in the end

I'm worried about playing ANOTHER tough team, AGAIN with them having a significant rest advantage. Would think Eagles can get up for a divisional game. While I'm predicting they will and will win....if a blowout happens it isn't gonnna be the Eagles making it happen

Gonna be a shame if the Eagles don't get the Bye in the playoffs. Would hate to see their season end because they did not have enough rest.

Philadelphia fans must be exhausted after these recent game threads
I'm preparing for some of this as a Miami fan the last 3 weeks of the season
I think it goes with the territory when you have a winning season or perceived as a potential strong Playoff team

I mean, yeah eagles defense is not great but better than all the ones listed above. Especially with getting Cunningham back and adding Shaq Leonard.

My point was just that there is this big push to crown Dallas as the second best team in the league behind sf and Dak should be mvp narrative, while they’ve been doing big things against a cross section of basically some of the worst teams in the league. Do you disagree? Who are the legitimate contenders they’ve played this year and won?

Who cares what the media says? Why would you fall for that?

As far as the schedule goes, i’m confused why you’re putting so much weight on that when it comes to the Cowboys but all last year when it came to your team you ignored it?

What I’m interested in is how much both teams show their hand. My Cowboys are the type of team that pulls out all the stops and all the scheme for this game, t if we face them again in the playoffs we won’t have changed and get blown out.

Probably my Cowboys PTSD.

As far as the schedule goes, i’m confused why you’re putting so much weight on that when it comes to the Cowboys but all last year when it came to your team you ignored it?
Because I hate the Cowboys and I’m an Eagles homer which makes me completely irrational about the team I root for. Duh.

Because I hate the Cowboys and I’m an Eagles homer which makes me completely irrational about the team I root for. Duh.

:lmao: Fair enough.

ETA - I wanted desperately to make fun of you for caring about other grown men on a football team, but I’d be lying to you if I didn’t say when the game comes on, I forget all that nonsense and I get emotionally invested.

Think the birds get right this week. Get out to a decent lead and then let the girls back in making it look closer than reality. Effectively Lock up the 1 seed tonight boys.

Eagles win 38-34

Awful quiet in here. Gang Green not chirping like last week. Lil nervous?
lot nervous. Road game against a hot team who also had several more days rest?

On paper, Cowboys should win. Picked the Eagles in a tight one but it's a very low confidence pick

Users who are viewing this thread