What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Sam LaPorta, DET (1 Viewer)

Got in a full practice Friday (while wearing a massive leg brace.)

Expecting him to play, there’s little chance of re-injury or making it worse. Stability of the knee is not an issue, no structural problems.

That said, a bone bruise is no joke. It’s going to be incredibly painful and I expect to see a dip in performance. There’s def a nonzero chance he won’t be able to tolerate the pain.
Dude was already great. He could become legendary. He’s almost there for just getting out there. Like you said, presuming the risk of reinjury or making it worse is minimal.

Got in a full practice Friday (while wearing a massive leg brace.)

Expecting him to play, there’s little chance of re-injury or making it worse. Stability of the knee is not an issue, no structural problems.

That said, a bone bruise is no joke. It’s going to be incredibly painful and I expect to see a dip in performance. There’s def a nonzero chance he won’t be able to tolerate the pain.
Dude was already great. He could become legendary. He’s almost there for just getting out there. Like you said, presuming the risk of reinjury or making it worse is minimal.
He could be a modern Willis Reed!! (Who my son reminds me had 4 pts, 3 rebounds in his legendary game 7 return from injury)

He got tackled on a missed throw in the end zone and I thought he was going to fall awkwardly into the field goal post. Surprised that hasn’t happened before - could have been bad.

Guy is already a legend doing this after a knee injury that everyone thought was going to jeopardize his 2024-25 season.

Users who are viewing this thread