What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Middle East (1 Viewer)

ZenoRazon

Footballguy
This weekend we had the NFL playoffs and all of us can talk football.  Tomorrow night Alabama vs Clemson, and how many NBA games in that three day span? Always a lot going on, then there's that country, punk, Metal, soul, blues etc etc etc music.  What will Hollywood come up with next?

So many things to occupy our minds.

What do they do in the Middle East for relaxation, entertainment, enjoyment?  I doubt many can talk what's next for Nick Foles,  how long before Harbaugh bails on Michigan, Will Christian Coleman break the American 100m record in 2019?

What do they do over there?

This was brought on by a couple liquor store owners from Syria I know, I grab a half pint of AA a couple times a week,  have got  to know these guys.  They both came here years ago with their parents who didn't like living over there. They can't talk sports or music but can talk cars and politics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Take it to the PSF, guy.
But this is ok here?

If you were going to buy a new gun, what would you get?

Another killing at the hands of the Police

Yet another Pitt Bull attack

Bandwagon Image - How Racist / Inappropriate?

Hmmmm?

But this is ok here?

If you were going to buy a new gun, what would you get?

Another killing at the hands of the Police

Yet another Pitt Bull attack

Bandwagon Image - How Racist / Inappropriate?

Hmmmm?
Zeno, stop. Those are more generalized topics than the sociopolitical context of the Middle East. Surely you know that.  

Zeno, stop. Those are more generalized topics than the sociopolitical context of the Middle East. Surely you know that.  
Sure, no big deal. So what do I do with this thread?

How about change the topic to.....

Great athletes from the Middle East?

Clemson by a FG. 
Right there is a great example of why this thread. Here we are two strangers but a common bond......Alabama vs Clemson.  If in the Middle East...???

Anyway....

As you know no school recruits big badass linemen in waves like Bama, they just keep coming at ya, big and fast.  And there are always three/four solid NFL next stop RB's at Bama.  Simply too many big fast athletes under Sabans rule and he knows what to do with them.

Totally disagree with you.

All about the kinds of athletes a school recruits.  In the history of the Big 10 which goes back as far as it goes there has never been a sub10.00 sprinter out of that conference, talking alumni.  TCU has had 8, the SEC conference a TON....TON. 

Notre Dame a school that can't bring in a lot of athletes.

Right there is a great example of why this thread. Here we are two strangers but a common bond......Alabama vs Clemson.  If in the Middle East...???

Anyway....

As you know no school recruits big badass linemen in waves like Bama, they just keep coming at ya, big and fast.  And there are always three/four solid NFL next stop RB's at Bama.  Simply too many big fast athletes under Sabans rule and he knows what to do with them.

Totally disagree with you.
Nah, I meant Clemson vs the entire Middle East. 

Nah, I meant Clemson vs the entire Middle East. 
I thought you were trying to change the subject, my bad.

I seriously doubt The Middle Eastern All Stars could hang with John Bosco HS here in Cali.  Too big and way too fast.

Hell Cajon HS has a 6-3 4.5 QB throwing to a 6-8 4.5 WR.

Between the volume of inane new threads and coming from wacky angles this guy is a potential love child of timscochet and rockaction.

Chaka said:
I know you are new here @ZenoRazon so I am not sure if you are aware that the board rules do not require that you start a new thread for every single thought that pops into your head.
Trust me if that true you'd see these threads.....

Best long jumpers in NFL history.

The best Rolling Stones song?

Top 10 Blues harmonica players.

Top 10 Sci Fi authors.

Fav jazz cat?

Best QB to never play in a Superbowl?

10 wide receivers faster than Tyreek Hill.

The best movie about boxing.

And............................

Just have fun guy, ok?

Trust me if that true you'd see these threads.....

Best long jumpers in NFL history.

The best Rolling Stones song?

Top 10 Blues harmonica players.

Top 10 Sci Fi authors.

Fav jazz cat?

Best QB to never play in a Superbowl?

10 wide receivers faster than Tyreek Hill.

The best movie about boxing.

And............................

Just have fun guy, ok?
Seems like you (or this alias of you?) wants to go big so perhaps you should just dive in head first and create your own omnibus thread.  All the greats around here have one, so if you want to be great (you want to be great, don't you?) that's the way for you.

Let's find an old thread by matuski, see what you are about.  Br right back.
I am going to go out on a limb and guess I have started fewer threads in the last two years than you have on the first page.

eta - I havent done the work, but I am going to go further out on that limb and bet the same applies to page 2.

Seems like you (or this alias of you?) wants to go big so perhaps you should just dive in head first and create your own omnibus thread.  All the greats around here have one, so if you want to be great (you want to be great, don't you?) that's the way for you.
You are far more worried  about all that and I am, trust me. One thing I don't do is enter others threads to play critic. I also try and respect the topic.

I am going to go out on a limb and guess I have started fewer threads in the last two years than you have on the first page.

eta - I havent done the work, but I am going to go further out on that limb and bet the same applies to page 2.
So just following everybody else around is cool for you?

You are far more worried all that and I am, trust me. One thing I don't do is enter others threads to play critic. I also try and respect the topic.
It's not worry it's an observation that you are creating a ton of content, driving other content off the first page. Not cluttering the front page is also a sign of respect. It was a sincere suggestion as you clearly have a diverse set of things you wish to discuss.

It's not worry it's an observation that you are creating a ton of content, driving other content off the first page. Not cluttering the front page is also a sign of respect. It was a sincere suggestion as you clearly have a diverse set of things you wish to discuss.
So what is considered cool here?  A thread a week, a month, what?

So what is considered cool here?  A thread a week, a month, what?
Interesting question. I guess you'll know it when you see it.

I'm thinking when the majority of your threads aren't filled with pure snark or people mentioning that you're threads aren't so fascinating as to be warranted then you will have found your balance.

You're Jack Reacher thread is going over well, as is the 10 RBs threads, which I am sincerely participating in (It's Bo, it's only Bo).

A lot of us think this is a shtick alias and I think it is fair to say that you have achieved whatever goal you were looking for when you created it so, well done.

But if you are going to keep it going long term, or at least for the year (I think maybe you do this every new year), then I sincerely think an omnibus thread would be a pretty bold direction for you to consider.  It's easy to generate responses from people by cluttering the front page, that's low hanging fruit, but keeping people interested enough to maintain an omnibus thread is a real challenge.

And it is such horrible content too. 

Interesting question. I guess you'll know it when you see it.

I'm thinking when the majority of your threads aren't filled with pure snark or people mentioning that you're threads aren't so fascinating as to be warranted then you will have found your balance.

You're Jack Reacher thread is going over well, as is the 10 RBs threads, which I am sincerely participating in (It's Bo, it's only Bo).

A lot of us think this is a shtick alias and I think it is fair to say that you have achieved whatever goal you were looking for when you created it so, well done.

But if you are going to keep it going long term, or at least for the year (I think maybe you do this every new year), then I sincerely think an omnibus thread would be a pretty bold direction for you to consider.  It's easy to generate responses from people by cluttering the front page but keeping people interested enough to maintain an omnibus thread is a real challenge.
Who would be interested in playing childish games? I don't do alias or troll or enter others threads to bug them.  I simply post things I can talk about, which isn't baseball, basketball, motor sports, tennis, a few other things.  I want to talk with others who share my interests, ya know grown up talk. 

Why would anyone use an alias, how immature is that?

I am a legit music, football, track, movies, literature, pro wrestling, history buff, just looking for others into those things. I had no idea that would be some problem here.  But since it it I'll cool it and be like everybody else....ok?

Who would be interested in playing childish games? I don't do alias or troll or enter others threads to bug them.  I simply post things I can talk about, which isn't baseball, basketball, motor sports, tennis, a few other things.  I want to talk with others who share my interests, ya know grown up talk. 

Why would anyone use an alias, how immature is that?

I am a legit music, football, track, movies, literature, pro wrestling, history buff, just looking for others into those things. I had no idea that would be some problem here.  But since it it I'll cool it and be like everybody else....ok?
Is that really the only take away you took from my post? The mention of aliases was a minor point, it's something that has been mentioned multiple times by multiple posters so I'm not just conjuring the notion.

My response was sincere.  Think about it, that's all I ask.

Is that really the only take away you took from my post? The mention of aliases was a minor point, it's something that has been mentioned multiple times by multiple posters so I'm not just conjuring the notion.

My response was sincere.  Think about it, that's all I ask.
I got it.....

Stop posting threads.

Ok, when my existing threads peter out I'll do a....Ramblin'....thread and keep me in that cage.

I got it.....

Stop posting threads.

Ok, when my existing threads peter out I'll do a....Ramblin'....thread and keep me in that cage.
Nobody is trying to chase you away for good... this place can use some fresh blood, just trying to make you more self aware of how you are dominating the front page of the forum and pushing other stuff out.

He will still put the camel clutch on you and you’ll be crying like Bob Backlund
Dude, 6-2 275 pounds of twisted railroad steel here,  I;m that guy in the school the kids came to with...that bully is picking on me.

Me walking up to that bully.

You have two options son, the first one is if I ever hear of you picking on my friends again yo mama won't know you now beat it.

Bully...ah...my other option. Mess up and find out.

Trust me some old gimp not a concern.

Dude, 6-2 275 pounds of twisted railroad steel here,  I;m that guy in the school the kids came to with...that bully is picking on me.

Me walking up to that bully.

You have two options son, the first one is if I ever hear of you picking on my friends again yo mama won't know you now beat it.

Bully...ah...my other option. Mess up and find out.

Trust me some old gimp not a concern.
275? I think 265 of it is mouth

Try this again....

Trevor Lawrence the next big thing?

What happened to Alabama?

Packers new head man.

Cards new head man.

Jets new head man.

Colts vs Chiefs.

Chargers vs Pats

Eagles vs Rams

Zion.

and on and on.....

All kinds of things to talk about, discuss, what is going on right now in the Middle East similiar to the above?

Users who are viewing this thread