What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***The Open** David Duvall circles his 2019 calendar for a 2 day vacation (1 Viewer)

Tiger’s having a nice round but the leader after today could easily be -11 or better giving the course conditions.
I said in the Tiger thread he needs the wind to pick up as he’s finishing.  No comments from the announcers about any weather coming so he needs to keep being aggressive.

Woods probably still needs a couple coming in to be in contention tomorrow.  Someone behind him is going to go low.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I've got it right, Woods is 9 under for last 19 holes, but probably still needs a couple coming in to be in contention tomorrow.  Someone behind him is going to go low.
If he doesn’t give up any shots coming in he’ll still be in contention but would need another low round tomorrow (assuming similar conditions).

They showed the flags blowing some - if the conditions really change Tiger could be in an incredible spot.  Most of the other leaders are still early in their round.

14 of the top 35 have finished for the day.  Average score:  67.

Course is like a $10 whore right now giving it away so easy

Tiger mentioned that in his interview. Pretty much said it was his only realistic shot at winning. Would make for some good TV if it gets nasty.
Not to beat a dead horse but realistically his best chance was for the wind to blow after he finished today.  Tomorrow he’ll be in the last 4-5 groups so he’ll be playing the same weather as everyone else.  Honestly, I would think he would hope for good conditions again and just hope he has another good day.  

Not to beat a dead horse but realistically his best chance was for the wind to blow after he finished today.  Tomorrow he’ll be in the last 4-5 groups so he’ll be playing the same weather as everyone else.  Honestly, I would think he would hope for good conditions again and just hope he has another good day.  
I was doing other stuff during the interview but it was a pretty candid one for Tiger. My take from it was he was hoping for some crazy conditions because the guys ahead of him won’t be catchable if it’s like today. Even if he shoots great like today too many people to jump but if it’s crazy conditions who knows.

Should be a great day tomorrow!

I'm rooting for Tiger but I think he's going to have to go pretty low tomorrow.

Spieth will be tough to beat.

This would be Spieth's 4th major before he turns 25.  And he should have at least one more Masters if he hadn't melted down.  Did he melt down twice?

Final pairing is good for both I think...competitive, trash-talking friends.

ETA...never mind, forgot about Xander...good pairing still for Kisner, not sure about Dpieth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Little bit of a tough break for Kisner. Starts the round with a share of the lead, finishes the round with a share of the lead but goes from the final pairing to the second to last pairing. Sounds like nothing but for a player like Kisner I think it'll be a negative. Schauffele/Chappell are nice players but tomorrow going to be a new ballgame for them. Feel like tomorrow comes down to Spieth vs. Molinari or one of those 5's, either Rory or Fleetwood. Spieth the obvious favorite but I'm dropping a few pounds on Molinari and Fleetwood tonight. Molinari playing as well as anyone in the world right now. Fleetwood not a great day today but capable of going low on this course and seems to be better off the lead, plays looser. Just don't think Tiger is there yet. Noren an interesting dark horse but going to pass. Books have no faith in Webb or Kuch, passing. Zach lucky to be at 5. Rosie too far back.

Little bit of a tough break for Kisner. Starts the round with a share of the lead, finishes the round with a share of the lead but goes from the final pairing to the second to last pairing. Sounds like nothing but for a player like Kisner I think it'll be a negative. Schauffele/Chappell are nice players but tomorrow going to be a new ballgame for them. Feel like tomorrow comes down to Spieth vs. Molinari or one of those 5's, either Rory or Fleetwood. Spieth the obvious favorite but I'm dropping a few pounds on Molinari and Fleetwood tonight. Molinari playing as well as anyone in the world right now. Fleetwood not a great day today but capable of going low on this course and seems to be better off the lead, plays looser. Just don't think Tiger is there yet. Noren an interesting dark horse but going to pass. Books have no faith in Webb or Kuch, passing. Zach lucky to be at 5. Rosie too far back.
I like Molinari too; he is so accurate right now.  Fleetwood isn't very clutch from what I've seen.  I think Speith has this one in his grasp but I'll be selfishly rooting for another winner like Xander or Rory, if he can get his game together.  

God, I went to bed at 9pm so I could wake up for this one.  What has happened to me?

I can't take anymore of this horrendous coverage. 10 minutes with Mike Turrico and Dylan Dryer.  This sucks out loud.  Just show the foooooking golf.

Users who are viewing this thread