What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Throwback Thursday - 80s Music Category (3 Viewers)

Several posts into the thread and I was fairly unfamiliar with most songs or bands mentioned. 

Seems like a really good thread. Every once in a while I hear something I really like and never actually hear much in the 80s.

Im saying you don't read MJ, Prince or Madonna when youm1st open the thread. That's not a bad thIng.

I'm sure someone mentioned at least a song or two but I am a huge Tom Petty fan from the 80s. Stand me up at the gates of hell was always a god battle cry. 

"Don't Come Around Here No More" from '85 is an easy listen. Most of Full Moom Fever is awesome. One of the few albums where I like almost all the songs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sniff'n The Tears- "Driver's Seat"

(Check out Horshack in the bomber jacket/scarf)

And of course, the 80-est song ever that I bring up in every instance like this....

Zot-"Uranium"

(Hairspray, scarves, pastel colors, effeminate lead singer, token black dude on bass with requisite headband, drummer standing up to play, "high tech" special effects, backflip montage in an overlay, etc)

Last edited by a moderator:
Toto - Africa

The millennials I manage were laughing that someone has this as the hold music waiting for the conference call moderator to dial-in and they were going to Shazam to see who the artist was.

Glad the classic rock and '80's pop guru amongst them offered the info nearly instantly when someone put it on speaker.  Like scary quick.  As a 13-year old youth when that hit #1 in 1983, I was not going to offer to them that I knew the song.

Users who are viewing this thread