What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tim's FF League Yr 2- Mister CIA is champion! (2 Viewers)

Great game, guys. Very impressive keeping the engine running after losing Cobb and Rodgers. Had you picked until then. But that's how the game goes
RN is kicking himself though. I made two mistakes which cost me 9 points. But his error of pulling Zak Stacy for Fleener cost him 20. Those are the worst loses.
Gracious in victory. :thumbup:
I do feel for you. I hope Johnson gets another 10 plus points.

The next step is one more catch for Calvin so I don't have to think about the run where Gio got stuffed on the 1/4 yard line.

After the #### I gave Jon during the draft, he's in the championship. I'm not good at this. :loco:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not that I'm bitter or anything..... but how much of fantasy football is pure luck?

As if Gio coming up a half-inch short at the goal line weren't painful enough, I had forgotten about this until I just watched NFL Live. D-Jax scores a rushing TD (would have been 7.2 points, giving me the win) but f--king Foles doesn't know the f--king rules! And the worst part is, the defender had given up once Jackson turned the corner. It was a completely unnecessary block. All Foles had to do was GET OUT OF THE ####### WAY!!! They settled for a FG on that drive.

:wall:

ETA: I feel better now. Good luck to jon and CIA.

Lots of luck involved, especially avoiding injuries. As much as Dodds talked about good team management, in a 16 team league it is mostly about the draft. My core team was all drafted. (A. Smith, SJax, Lacy, Megatron, Garcon, Gonzalez, Cin Def). My biggest mistake was giving up on Edelerman and dropping him, but he is only good when NE receiving core was injured. Mister CIA's team was mostly drafted too. He did pick up Carolina's defense which was huge, but his core of Manning, Charles, Tate, Decker, Nicks, and GATES, were all drafted. The only guy I really wish I picked up was Foles.

jon_mx said:
Lots of luck involved, especially avoiding injuries. As much as Dodds talked about good team management, in a 16 team league it is mostly about the draft. My core team was all drafted. (A. Smith, SJax, Lacy, Megatron, Garcon, Gonzalez, Cin Def). My biggest mistake was giving up on Edelerman and dropping him, but he is only good when NE receiving core was injured. Mister CIA's team was mostly drafted too. He did pick up Carolina's defense which was huge, but his core of Manning, Charles, Tate, Decker, Nicks, and GATES, were all drafted. The only guy I really wish I picked up was Foles.
It's Edelman, and that comment is incorrect. He's been NE's best WR with or without Gronk in the lineup. He's what Amendola was supposed to be and he has the highest snap count by far of any of their WRs. Trust me on this one.... he's carried me to the championship in two leagues.

Weird, no "Go jon_mx!" in the title this week.

But Tim wasn't rooting against me.... he was rooting FOR jon.

:yawn:
According to Fantasy Sharks, I am a 40 point underdog to Jon this week. Thankfully Matt Flynn is on the bench else the beating would be much worse.

Link: http://football8.myfantasyleague.com/2013/options?L=29186&O=169

Congrats in advance.
LOL....right. It seems over generous with some of those points. I am still debating Flynn....I will probably make that change.

Tim loves you RN.....I am sure he is rooting for you this week.

Whatever, someone can take my place next year. I have no interest in participating in a league where the league's namesake - whom I've gone to bat for many times - openly roots against me for no particular reason. It's been fun.

Whatever, someone can take my place next year. I have no interest in participating in a league where the league's namesake - whom I've got to bat for many times - openly roots against me for no particular reason. It's been fun.
I would not say no particular good reason. Tim and I engage in a lot of debates, usually on opposite sides and we have a lot of good nature ribbing back and forth. Tim gets a lot of crap, and I am sure he appreciates the support, but Tim has a lot more history having discussions with me.

I am also rooting big time for Raider Nation this week.

By the way, does anyone really give a #### who I'm rooting for?

jon_mx said:
According to Fantasy Sharks, I am a 40 point underdog to Jon this week. Thankfully Matt Flynn is on the bench else the beating would be much worse.

Link: http://football8.myfantasyleague.com/2013/options?L=29186&O=169

Congrats in advance.
Good luck! I am pretty sure I picked the wrong QB. All three are kind of middle of the pack. My team was lucky to make it into the playoffs.
Wishing I went with Flynn. But at least I bench A. Smith.

Users who are viewing this thread