What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 01 2022 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Sneaking one more in:
FFPC scoring:

Stafford mediocre so:
T.Lawrence @ Wash or
J.Winston @ Atl

Then final flex:
J.Jacobs @ LAC
R.Stevenson @ Mia
D.Smith @ Det

Thanks,great work here

Need two out of these three:

Javonte Williams @ SEA
Diontae Johnson @ CIN
Antonio Gibson v. JAX

1 pt PPR, Bonuses @ 100 yards rec or rush, 6 pt TDs, Bonuses for long TDs

Thanks

Flex Options...PPR

WR-Elijah Moore
WR-Christian Kirk...leaning this way

RB-Chase Edmonds...I'm going to enjoy watching him play today either way, feels like his role is still undefined until we see the play calling. Mostert will factor in.

How we feeling Sunday Morning about this?

Thanks to anyone that wants to chime in.
I would probably go Edmunds but I understand your position (although it's not like we know much about how Kirk is going to be used either).

No problem with Kirk>Edmunds if that's how you feel.
You are so appreciated on Sunday Mornings in here and you hit a lot of the time.

Got 30+ from Kupp in my WR1 slot, Kirk feels a little safer as the likely top targeted WR, how many catches and production that equates to is a mystery. I love Edmonds, little worried Mostert is going to be the red zone RB, should still be a lot for Chase but he does have Hill, Waddle, Wilson and Gesicki all looking for targets.

Thanks for doing this Chaka :thumbup:

Javonte Williams @ SEA
Diontae Johnson @ CIN
Antonio Gibson v. JAX

Thanks
DJ is playing and Cinci is going to score points, even some 2nd half catch up/garbage time would be valuable.
Gibson scares me today but i bet many are comfy. I like Jax in that match up and don't feel like Gibson will be running out the clock but that's me.

Javonte Williams @ SEA
Diontae Johnson @ CIN
Antonio Gibson v. JAX

Thanks
JaWill & Gibson.

Diontae has the shoulder issue, so I’d wait and see before putting him in lineups.

Need to start 2 of the following 4.

WR Michael Thomas (Q) at ATL
WR Amari Cooper at CAR
WR Marvin Jones at WAS
RB Rhamondre Stevenson at MIA

RB Raheem Mostert vs NEP is an option too.

Edit: Have Thomas and Cooper in lineup presently and thinking of swapping out both for Jones and Stevenson.
My pleasure to add my .02

Thomas should feast on Atlanta, worry about the injury and his involvement if and when they get a decent lead.
Cooper seems like he's healthy and the WR1, lot of folks are going with him today.
Marvin Jones is sneaky and I like the match up but Kirk is being billed as their top target.
Stevenson @Miami, think Patriots will need to throw a lot to keep up.

I might go Thomas and Cooper or Cooper and Jones but I would use Cooper based on health and path for top targeted WR.
Thomas/Cooper if you pushed me to fill out only 2 names.

Quick one, non-ppr

AJ Brown @ Detroit - kind of want to wait and see what his chemistry with Hurts is before trusting
Gibson vs Jags - seems like a solid but not especially exciting option

Thanks!

Need to start 2 of the following 4.

WR Michael Thomas (Q) at ATL
WR Amari Cooper at CAR
WR Marvin Jones at WAS
RB Rhamondre Stevenson at MIA

RB Raheem Mostert vs NEP is an option too.

Edit: Have Thomas and Cooper in lineup presently and thinking of swapping out both for Jones and Stevenson.
Yeesh. I am very hesitant to offer much here but I think I agree with Cooper & Thomas

They are simply the most talented options.

Quick one, non-ppr

AJ Brown @ Detroit - kind of want to wait and see what his chemistry with Hurts is before trusting
Gibson vs Jags - seems like a solid but not especially exciting option

Thanks!
I may not be in the majority but I agree with you.

Gibson isn't exciting but he catches, there isn't really any competition and I have to imagine he was well aware of all the Brian Robinson talk during TC. If he has any pride at all he is going to come to play today.

Gibson>AJ

Sneaking one more in:
FFPC scoring:

Stafford mediocre so:
T.Lawrence @ Wash or
J.Winston @ Atl

Then final flex:
J.Jacobs @ LAC
R.Stevenson @ Mia
D.Smith @ Det

Thanks,great work here
Tough call on QB. I drafted Winston as my QB2 ahead of Lawrence but I am truly high on Lawrence. Winston could be a very low volume guy, 25 att/game last year, and New Orleans should roll Atlanta. But he has so very many receiving weapons you have to be interested in starting him.

Lawrence>Winston (go with your gut)

Jacobs seems like the easy choice at flex IMO.

Javonte Williams @ SEA
Diontae Johnson @ CIN
Antonio Gibson v. JAX

Thanks
Javonte>Gibson>>Dionte

Dionte is gimpy and the QB situation should give everyone pause until we see them show it on the field.

Flex Options...PPR

WR-Elijah Moore
WR-Christian Kirk...leaning this way

RB-Chase Edmonds...I'm going to enjoy watching him play today either way, feels like his role is still undefined until we see the play calling. Mostert will factor in.

How we feeling Sunday Morning about this?

Thanks to anyone that wants to chime in.
I would probably go Edmunds but I understand your position (although it's not like we know much about how Kirk is going to be used either).

No problem with Kirk>Edmunds if that's how you feel.
You are so appreciated on Sunday Mornings in here and you hit a lot of the time.

Got 30+ from Kupp in my WR1 slot, Kirk feels a little safer as the likely top targeted WR, how many catches and production that equates to is a mystery. I love Edmonds, little worried Mostert is going to be the red zone RB, should still be a lot for Chase but he does have Hill, Waddle, Wilson and Gesicki all looking for targets.

Thanks for doing this Chaka :thumbup:
I will happily take credit for you starting Kupp. You seemed very on the fence on that one, glad I talked you off the ledge.

Is Julio still in play with Godwin probable? It's either him or Woods for my last spot.
It's hard to roll Julio out but it's not exactly like Woods is in a great situation to put up big numbers.

If it's PPR I roll with Woods, in standard it's a lot closer. Julio is a huge target and Brady has been known to try and get his guys stats.s
Thanks, that's pretty close to where I'm at. It's standard l so I'll take a chance with Julio getting one of those Brady end zone targets.

PPR league - 4 pts passing TD/1 point per 10 rushing yards

Lance (vs Bears) or Carr (vs Chargers)

Rushing upside/floor vs potential AFC West shootout

Thanks for doing this, Chaka

4 pts per passing TD.

And I'm a serious underdog so looking for upside.

* T. Lance @CHI -- Weather looks a bit frightful and Kittle trending out. Finding it hard to see this as a ceiling game that's for sure.

or

* D. Carr @LAC -- O/U points to a shootout. LV and Carr with shiny new weapon in D. Adams. That said, in two games last year against LAC, Carr was mediocre. He also didn't have D. Adams and a healthy Waller.

Lance is universally ranked higher by most experts on various sites (including Bloom).
Which?

Thanks
Hey guys I just wanted to let you know that I am officially flip flopping.

Carr>Lance

Carr just feels like the much higher floor guy and his ceiling is respectable, perhaps by a lot, too.

Need 1 flex. PPR, 1/10 rush, 1/20 receive

Dillon @MIN
M. Thomas @ATL
Pollard v TB

Leaning toward A.J Dillon but Thomas is tempting. Thanks.

PPR league - 4 pts passing TD/1 point per 10 rushing yards

Lance (vs Bears) or Carr (vs Chargers)

Rushing upside/floor vs potential AFC West shootout

Thanks for doing this, Chaka

4 pts per passing TD.

And I'm a serious underdog so looking for upside.

* T. Lance @CHI -- Weather looks a bit frightful and Kittle trending out. Finding it hard to see this as a ceiling game that's for sure.

or

* D. Carr @LAC -- O/U points to a shootout. LV and Carr with shiny new weapon in D. Adams. That said, in two games last year against LAC, Carr was mediocre. He also didn't have D. Adams and a healthy Waller.

Lance is universally ranked higher by most experts on various sites (including Bloom).
Which?

Thanks
Hey guys I just wanted to let you know that I am officially flip flopping.

Carr>Lance

Carr just feels like the much higher floor guy and his ceiling is respectable, perhaps by a lot, too.

Just saw pre game field. It looks terrible in Chicago.

In the Flex .5 PPR:

Somehow I drafted two Texans :bag:

Dameon Pierce or Brandin Cooks
Tough call.

I think Cooks is just too consistent and we don't know what D.Pierce is really going to be yet.

It's tough and you should go with your gut but

Cooks>Pierce
That’s where I’m at but want to start the shiny toy (but we could easily see him get 12 carries for 30 yards).

Also have AJ Dillon lingering on the bemuch.

ppr

Aiyuk vs Pickens

Aiyuk is in the lineup but the monsoon in Chicago is a little concerning. It is supposed to lighten up by kickoff and stop by halftime, maybe picking back up during the 2nd half.

Pickens seems like one of those rookies that will pop off an Anquan Boldin type first game, even with Trubisky behind center.

What would the gurus do?

ppr

Aiyuk vs Pickens

Aiyuk is in the lineup but the monsoon in Chicago is a little concerning. It is supposed to lighten up by kickoff and stop by halftime, maybe picking back up during the 2nd half.

Pickens seems like one of those rookies that will pop off an Anquan Boldin type first game, even with Trubisky behind center.

What would the gurus do?
I’m rolling out Aiyuk over Hall. So I’d go Aiyuk here as well. No Kittle, could have a good game.

Hard to say.

In the Flex .5 PPR:

Somehow I drafted two Texans :bag:

Dameon Pierce or Brandin Cooks
Tough call.

I think Cooks is just too consistent and we don't know what D.Pierce is really going to be yet.

It's tough and you should go with your gut but

Cooks>Pierce
That’s where I’m at but want to start the shiny toy (but we could easily see him get 12 carries for 30 yards).

Also have AJ Dillon lingering on the bemuch.
I would start Dillon over both Cooks and D.Pierce

Shoot, that weather in CHI has me wanting to move off Kmet. Not the best replacements, however:

Gesicki
Njoku
Engram
I don't have much opinion on this one. I think it comes down to a coin toss between Gesicki & Njoku

ETA: Sorry, didn't see you had Kmet too.

Kmet

ppr

Aiyuk vs Pickens

What would the gurus do?
I say you are in a dilly of a pickle.

I want to believe in Pickens, particularly with Dionte a little banged up against a very good offense.

I like Aiyuk this year but his QB may not even be as good as Trubisky in what looks like a run heavy game.

Go with your gut. mine says:

Pickens>Aiyuk mostly because I think rooting for Pickens would be more fun

I was planning on starting Kyler Murray over Russell Wilson but I'm thinking of going Wilson now. I'm already down 28 points thanks to Diggs on Thursday night. I have Sutton as my WR2 and figure I need a big game out of both to get back in the hunt. Thoughts?

Also at flex (full PPR) : Smith-Schuster, Dillon or Penny? I have Schuster in now.

I was planning on starting Kyler Murray over Russell Wilson but I'm thinking of going Wilson now. I'm already down 28 points thanks to Diggs on Thursday night. I have Sutton as my WR2 and figure I need a big game out of both to get back in the hunt. Thoughts?

Also at flex (full PPR) : Smith-Schuster, Dillon or Penny? I have Schuster in now.
I think you have two good QB options but I agree with Wilson>Murray this week. We all believe Russ is going to try and have a big game.

Tough, tough flex call. If your gut says JuJu then go with it. I would probably go

Dillon>Penny>JuJu

I like Wilson over Murray regardless of your scoring situation. Murray’s receiving corps is a mess.

But that’s just me. I’m sure opinions will vary.

AJDillpn is my call here. Especially after Mahomes comments about his receivers.

Russ on MNF against Seattle is too juicy to pass up. And he and Sutton shared breakfast burritos in San Diego all summer so they have that special rapport going like Stafford/Kupp last year. It should be a big night for both.

(I am rolling with Wilson over Burrow, if nothing else it keeps my hopes alive until Monday night rather than knowing my fate by the end of Sunday)

And the was psychic me should have benched both Lamb and Zeke as in our old school scoring style that both got zero :unsure: thanks for reinforcing me benching Zeke as I still have a chance in my game this week :cool:
-QG

Users who are viewing this thread