What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 16 who should I start thread **OFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Standard scoring. Need to choose my flex. I have an abundance of riches and I will 100% choose wrong. Flex options: Swift, CEH, Miles Sanders, Foreman, or Ronald Jones.

Mixon and Jones locked into my rb spots atm. 
You're right.  Too many options and the field will likely win. I can see arguments that favor all of them.

I know they don't get to play a depleted WFT every week but it looks tough to bench Sanders this week. I see he has a new quad injury that you need to monitor but he's getting volume and has a great matchup.

I think Foreman is, maybe, your safest lock for opportunities and people shouldn't forget the past because dude is averaging 4.9 & 9 ypc/ypr. 

If you don't like Sanders because oh injury then you should feel the same about Swift. Good matchup but injured and possibly crowded backfield. Although, Campbell criminally abuses his RBs so opportunities may be there.

CEH least locked in opportunities.

RoJo shortest leash.

Sanders>Swift>Foreman>CEH/RoJo

Foreman is your safest play. It's close between all of them for sure. 

Good luck.

Ever seen a homeless guy shuffle along picking up cigarette butts off the sidewalk?

That’s me, looking for a WR3, clicking on game logs for Jakeem Grant, Braxton Berrios, Damiere Byrd, Zay Jones, DeAndre Carter, Devin Duvernay…

(1 pt per 25 return yds + full PPR)

Any of these crappy TEs a good sleeper this week for this desperate Kelce owner?

CJ Uzomah vs Bal

Ricky Seals Jones vs Dal

James OShaugnessy vs NYJ

Albert O vs LV

Foster Moreau vs Den

**This is to make the final, .5ppr for RB & 1ppr for WR**

Need 1 RB and 2 Flex from this group (first 3 I am leaning towards ATM):

R.Jones - Everyone predicts a huge game and is relatively fresh. His anvil hands do scare me a bit though. 

J.Jackson - Its an early game so if Ekeler gets cleared before tthe game then I have a few pivots below

A.J. Brown - If activated off of IR he can have a huge game tonight, he has a tendency to come back from absences and be a week winner. Everyone seems to forget his week 7 and week 8 games while battling the after effects of food poisoning or last year when he was a league winner after a few games off....

Also

Barkley - His usage has been around 15-20 touches but the explosiveness seems to have been sapped a bit and Booker looks like literally the same back right now. of the "bench" group he is the most "healthy".

Gibson - the Turf Toe concerns me as he had the same issue last year and missed 2 games with it. Practice time will be more dependent on this and he is also a later game so I'm not sure I want to take that chance. If it was an earlier game I would roll with him over Jackson if Gibson was active. 

Conner - Dude got me here when Barkley was hurt earlier in the year and never left my lineup. The Heel injury and very short week is concerning, but he bounced back quickly from the ankle injury and played last weekend. I think if he is active I need to consider him. 

Talk me down off the ledge of Jones/Jackson/AJ....
RoJo's hands are fine. He's got a 73% catch rate. Not great but fine.

I like J.Jackson if Ekeler is out.

AJ will probably be fine. He didn't have a lower extremity or back injury. Just tough after threw weeks off.

If Gibson plays I have trouble benching him. Monitor his practice.

Conner is very TD dependent a little dinged and probably getting fewer opportunities with Edmonds back.

RoJo>Jackson*>AJ>Gibson>Barkley

Half point PPR pick 2 players

Ronald Jones

Tyler Lockett

Player A last 4 games - 15, 16, 8, 19 (Russel Gage)

Player B last 4 games - 7, 3, 0, 6 (Terry McLaurin)
Love Gage but RoJo & Lockett.

Lockett>RoJo>Gage>>McLaurin

Gage>RoJo IF you want the steadier hand. I think rojo is going to be on a slightly short leash.

.5 PPR

RB: Ro Jones @ CAR (safest ?) or Swift @ ATL-> Pick 1

WR: G Davis @NE / Gage vs DET / St Brown @ATL / AJ Brown vs SF --> Rank

If by any chance I get eliminated and forget to return, thank you for the season.  Sometimes you we right and sometimes you were wrong, but the insight and comments were much appreciated!

DJ
Thanks, I really appreciate that. This thread has been fun. Lot of work, but fun.

Tough calls. If Swift gets in a full week of practice why wouldn't Campbell abuse him like he has all season? 

But, yes RoJo is probably a little safer and if he takes advantage of his opportunities he has a nice ceiling too.

RoJo>Swift

Gage>AJ>StBrown>Davis

Gage is your safest bet. St Brown may be your #1 option IF Goff plays but I still have slight hesitation he can sustain his pace. AJ should be fine, he has elite measurables and almost zero competition, the time off makes me a little nervous. The only Bills I will recommend this week are Allen & Diggs and that is mostly because they are effectively unbenchable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have what I think is a good problem. I need 3 out of these five. 2 will be in the RB slot and the other at flex. 1 pt PPR and bonus points for scoring plays over 40 yards.

Mixon/Perine
Robinson
Singletary
Jeff Wilson
Penny

Right now...Wilson and Penny are on the bench.

Touching back on this after waivers and Mitchell being out.

As I sit here...its 

QB:  Hurts

RB:  Jones, Javonte

WR:  Kupp, Jefferson

No TE yet...cook or Freiermuth is where I will be and sort of leaning Cook at the moment.  With Ekeler on Covid list, could get more redzone looks.

Flex:  Ronald Jones

Almost feel bad for some leagues and teams as my bench will likely outscore the other semifinal matchup in our league (both teams hit hard by injury and covid).  My bench which may even outscore my own team

Kyler Murray, Barkley, Penny, Higgins, Antonio Brown, Pollard (well Mattison at the moment as well...but likely he is my late drop this week for a TE)
I might slot AB>RoJo otherwise I agree.

AB is proven, Brady clearly lives him, lots of competition gone and if RoJo falters I think the passing game benefits.

But RoJo is a solid option and should be fine. Safe floor and good upside. I just worry he is on a short leash.

PPR tough situation.  I need 4 here.  

Need to start 4. PPR 

Jonathan Taylor - Yes 
Ekeler/Jackson - 
Tyreek/Claypool - 
Waddle - Lean Yes 
Jeff Wilson - 

if I play Jeff Wilson tonight it’s at the expense of Ekeler, Tyreek, Waddle. 

opponent using Debo. 
All things equal I would play Wilson over Claypool and that's about it (obviously Ekeler/Jackson is dependent).

I personally take the risk, I don't consider Ekeler/Jackson a risk because either should roll against Hou, and wait but I completely understand if you don't. Particularly, in the highly unlikely event that, for whatever reason, Ekeler, Tyreek & Waddle all don't play. Then you need another body.

It's all about risk tolerance.

Pringle, Robinson or Gordon (Mecole is rostered)?

Or....Sutton?

Which Chief to replace Cooks (COVID)?

Start or roll with Bateman?

Im presuming this is a judgement free zone with no WR3 shaming.

TIA

ETA: full PPR + return yardage 
Ask the coin pal.

;)

Pringle, Robinson or Gordon (Mecole is rostered)?

Or....Sutton?

Which Chief to replace Cooks (COVID)?

Start or roll with Bateman?

Im presuming this is a judgement free zone with no WR3 shaming.

TIA

ETA: full PPR + return yardage 
There is no way to logic your way through the KC WR debate. Pringle has the most targets of those available so...

Bateman is just about as hit or miss than any of them (1, 8 & 3 targets over his last 3) so...you're not going to want to hear this but...flip a coin.

I guess Bateman>Pringle because he has an 8 target ceiling.

HOWEVER if Tyreek misses this week then definitely Pringle>>Bateman

First time doing this, desperate. This is my 9th year running this league, 7th time making the playoffs and I am unbelievably 0-6 in the semifinals. I have to win one, I can’t take the BS on the group chat anymore. 

PPR need 3 for my flex

Foreman

Amari Cooper 

Miles Sanders 

Gallup 

McLaurin 

currently leaning Foreman, Cooper, Sanders 
I'll take desperate as a reason to get Cappy in here.

You are leaning correctly IMO. Most opportunity v upside.

McLaurin & Gallup are way too inconsistent in opportunity & production.

Ever seen a homeless guy shuffle along picking up cigarette butts off the sidewalk?

That’s me, looking for a WR3, clicking on game logs for Jakeem Grant, Braxton Berrios, Damiere Byrd, Zay Jones, DeAndre Carter, Devin Duvernay…

I appreciate your dilemma but how can anyone possibly logic their way through that cast of characters.

I'd say Berries & Zay make sense but really it's completely indecipherable.

Any of these crappy TEs a good sleeper this week for this desperate Kelce owner?

CJ Uzomah vs Bal

Ricky Seals Jones vs Dal

James OShaugnessy vs NYJ

Albert O vs LV

Foster Moreau vs Den
I think Moreau has to be your choice if Waller misses another game.

After that I honestly have no idea.

I probably lean Uzomah as he has the best QB.

Standard league ...consolation bracket 🥱

Need two from:

D. Parker @ NO

T. McLaurin @Dallas

V. Jefferson @ Minn

K. Osborn vs LAR

I have what I think is a good problem. I need 3 out of these five. 2 will be in the RB slot and the other at flex. 1 pt PPR and bonus points for scoring plays over 40 yards.

Mixon/Perine
Robinson
Singletary
Jeff Wilson
Penny

Right now...Wilson and Penny are on the bench.
I agree with you. Can't see going in another direction.

Is your guy J. Reynolds available? I know he's Q, but just a thought for a homer pick.

Standard league ...consolation bracket 🥱

Need two from:

D. Parker @ NO

T. McLaurin @Dallas

V. Jefferson @ Minn

K. Osborn vs LAR
Parker definitely IMO.

Then it's tough.  I lean Jefferson as I think last week was a ln aberration not a trend.

Osborn is the best option only if Thielen is out again. Then he's a coin toss along with the others.

McLaurin is the best talent but I simply can't trust him anymore and Dallas is playing disruptive D lately.

I might slot AB>RoJo otherwise I agree.

AB is proven, Brady clearly lives him, lots of competition gone and if RoJo falters I think the passing game benefits.

But RoJo is a solid option and should be fine. Safe floor and good upside. I just worry he is on a short leash.
I go back and forth there.  The uncertainty with AB not really practicing has me throttling back.

Full Point PPR

Gibson @ Dal - Worried about his toe. If there is something wrong I would play Penny Vs Chicago. The other options play tonight. 
Wilson @ Ten
Foreman VS SF

I’m really struggling with this one. 0.5 PPR

Christian Kirk VS Colts

St. Brown VS Atlanta 

Wilson tonight VS Titans

I’m leaning Kirk at the moment. I just have a feeling if Wilson doesn’t find the end zone I’m not going to be happy with what I get. 

My dilemmas this week in full PPR:

QB:

Can I possibly bench Josh Allen @ New England?

I have Derek Carr v Denver and Tyler Huntley @ Cincinnati

Josh Allen & Stefon Diggs are a big part of the reason I am still alive ATM. I think I have to roll them out and let the chips fall where they may.

FLEX:

Darnell Mooney @ Seattle

Josh Jacobs v Denver

Donta Foreman v SF (Thu)

Justin Jackson @ Houston

Rashaad Penny v Chi

ATM I am rolling Jacobs out but Mooney is an option and if, for whatever reason Ekeler misses this game Justin Jackson becomes very interesting.

DEFENSE: I have the Titans v SF (Thu) and I am happy enough with that.

The best fantasy defenses on my wire is Indianapolis @ Arizona

Ari v Indy

LAR @ Minn

Defenses with the best matchups are: either side of Sea v Chi

Atl v Det

Either side of NYJ v Jax

I think I am going to stick with Tennessee
Do not bench Allen unless it is raining with 30 mph winds. 

Would play Jacobs but might switch to Jackson if Ekeler is out. 

I think I might like the Seahawks the best out of your defenses. The Bears have been turning the ball over a ton and are a mess on offense most of the time.  

Should I go with Jeff Wilson tonight or or wait and start Justin Jackson (decent chance Ekeler sits)?

Also, the D/STs have been picked through, so my "best" options are the Bengals and Broncos. Or I could *gulp* start the Falcons (especially if Goff sits), Lions, or Jets.

Should I go with Jeff Wilson tonight or or wait and start Justin Jackson (decent chance Ekeler sits)?

Also, the D/STs have been picked through, so my "best" options are the Bengals and Broncos. Or I could *gulp* start the Falcons (especially if Goff sits), Lions, or Jets.
If those are your only 2 options I would go with the sure thing in Wilson.

If Jackson plays injured i like the Bengals. If Goff sits and the Lions are still depleted at RB than go for the Falcons.

JoeJoe88 said:
I’m really struggling with this one. 0.5 PPR

Christian Kirk VS Colts

St. Brown VS Atlanta 

Wilson tonight VS Titans

I’m leaning Kirk at the moment. I just have a feeling if Wilson doesn’t find the end zone I’m not going to be happy with what I get. 
I like Kirk a lot but he has a tough matchup. I could go either way because I like Wilson too.

Chaka said:
I'll take desperate as a reason to get Cappy in here.

You are leaning correctly IMO. Most opportunity v upside.

McLaurin & Gallup are way too inconsistent in opportunity & production.
Lol very desperate. Told my league mates if I lose again I’m deleting the group chat and the league. 

thanks. 

FWIW, just heard on Sirius xm that the left side of TEN offense line is out with Covid.  Does that change anyone’s perspective on Foreman tonight?

yoman said:
Full Point PPR

Gibson @ Dal - Worried about his toe. If there is something wrong I would play Penny Vs Chicago. The other options play tonight. 
Wilson @ Ten
Foreman VS SF
I think both Wilson & Foreman are locked in for decent volume. Maybe in line with Gibson who I view as the superior talent.

I really think it's a coin toss between them I kind of lean Foreman but they both have great o-lines and I think they will finish close to each other.

Since you have to make the choice tonight I probably choose one of them over Gibson.

I need to start two of these three RB (.5 PPR):

D'Onta Foreman vs. SF on Thursday (reports TEN will be missing a couple OL with COVID)
Justin Jackson at HOU, presuming Ekeler is out (which seems much more likely today, given Ekeler's statements)
Miles Sanders vs NYG

Forgetting anything else, I would prefer Jackson and Sanders based on matchups and opportunity.

Foreman worries me with a solid SF defense and what sounds like linemen out.  However, Jackson is presumably a close contact of Ekeler.  We can deduce Jackson is vaccinated since he has not been ruled out (5 day rule Taysom Hill is facing).  But it's clear vaccines don't necessarily stop Omicron infection.  On the other hand, the NFL is lessening the rules to allow asymptomatic players to play.  Yikes!

Good news is I have COVID currently so I can think about this all day lol.  But I would appreciate your help.

I need to start two of these three RB (.5 PPR):

D'Onta Foreman vs. SF on Thursday (reports TEN will be missing a couple OL with COVID)
Justin Jackson at HOU, presuming Ekeler is out (which seems much more likely today, given Ekeler's statements)
Miles Sanders vs NYG

In a vacuum, with Ekeler out I would start Jackson and Sanders.  But I have to make this call today...appreciate anyone's help with this pickle!
This is tough. There's something to be said for starting a guy that you know is playing today, but otherwise I would lean the way you are with the other 2.

Full PPR

AJ Brown v SF

Mike Williams @ Hou

Mooney @ Seattle

Right now have Williams in as I have almost all season because I have a lot of stability on my roster and I live his upside. I also start Herbert and, personally I love pairing QBs & WRs (but that may just be a me thing).

I like Jackson, but can't blame you for going Wilson and getting the known thing. 

That is a brutal selection of defenses, maybe Denver as they are the most talented and the Raiders are probably without Waller again.

Full PPR

AJ Brown v SF

Mike Williams @ Hou

Mooney @ Seattle

Right now have Williams in as I have almost all season because I have a lot of stability on my roster and I live his upside. I also start Herbert and, personally I love pairing QBs & WRs (but that may just be a me thing).
Williams feels the safest (ha), and I like the pairing with Herbert too. Could go AJ Brown if you're feeling bold.

do i start jimmy g tonight or brady.  brady just looked aweful throwing to the wrs that are left on the team.

A lot of AJ Brown questions.  I have to chose 1 flex (PPR) out of AJ Brown, Michel or Henderson.  

I don't have confidence in Michel or Henderson at the moment.  With the uncertainty on workload, playing the hot hand, it feels risky and I am playing the top scoring team this week in the playoffs.  May need upside.

AJ Brown seems like the choice to me.  Main risk is health and conditioning, but TN really needs him.  Should get targets.

do i start jimmy g tonight or brady.  brady just looked aweful throwing to the wrs that are left on the team.
I don't think I could start Jimmy G over Tom Brady.  A few years ago I benched TB12 in the playoffs and he went off.  The main reason I remember this is my autistic son looked at me and said "Dad, you never bench Tom MFing Brady"

All players have bad days and TB12 lost most of his key receivers in game last week.  With Antonio Brown back and time to game plan around the injuries I would start TB12.  Could be wrong, but I can live with the decision.

Good luck!

If those are your only 2 options I would go with the sure thing in Wilson.

If Jackson plays injured i like the Bengals. If Goff sits and the Lions are still depleted at RB than go for the Falcons.

I like Jackson, but can't blame you for going Wilson and getting the known thing. 

That is a brutal selection of defenses, maybe Denver as they are the most talented and the Raiders are probably without Waller again.
Well, I just grabbed Mattison, so that changes things a lot for me. I can sit Wilson and then figure out Mattison vs. Jackson later (probably the former).

By the way, my other backs are Taylor and Najee Harris. I know Harris just had a dud and his O-line is trash, but I can't possibly sit him, right?

Well, I just grabbed Mattison, so that changes things a lot for me. I can sit Wilson and then figure out Mattison vs. Jackson later (probably the former).

By the way, my other backs are Taylor and Najee Harris. I know Harris just had a dud and his O-line is trash, but I can't possibly sit him, right?
I would play Mattison over both of them and would probably not sit Harris but it is very tempting based on his recent performances.

Standard .2 PPR

Need 2 WRs and a flex

A Brown @ CAR:   back without Evans or Godwin

M Brown @ CIN: 14 targets last week

St Brown @ ATL: 11 targets last week

Kirk vs IND: 12 targets last week

Cooks vs LAC: 21 targets last 2 weeks....COVID

Swift/Reynolds @ ATL: Swift coming back....flex?

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

Half-PPR

Start two WR, and third probably in flex.

- AJ Brown (playing tonight back from IR)

- Amon St. Brown (new must start, but who's throwing ball d/t covid?)

- Tyreek Hill (has COVID but could play this week?)

- Tyler Lockett (had COVID last week)

Other potential flex is Duke Johnson (unless he should start over James Conner).

Users who are viewing this thread