What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 17 2022 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

PPR need 1 RB, 1WR and 1 Flex.

Akers at LAC
Pacheco vs DEN
Dillon vs MIN
Lazard vs MIN
Kirk at HOU
Pittman at NYG

Spent a first rounder on Andrews earlier in the year for a day like today. But looking at Dawson Knox as each player appears to be going in opposite directions. I can't seem to find any "pros" that recommend plugging Knox but my gut is telling me otherwise.

Spent a first rounder on Andrews earlier in the year for a day like today. But looking at Dawson Knox as each player appears to be going in opposite directions. I can't seem to find any "pros" that recommend plugging Knox but my gut is telling me otherwise.

It's interesting this time of year

Hard to imagine siting andrews but Knox is somewhat hot, good weather, probably a lot of offense....i'd be tempted too

Pick one to win the title
.5PPR just for TEs

Swift vs bears
Diontae at ravens
Knox at bengals
Taysom at eagles

Running Backs -PPR

Ekeler-Start at RB1
Kamara
Aaron Jones
Tyler Algeier
D.Foreman

Need a solid RB2 this week

The remaining bunch would be competing against JuJu in the Flex spot

overall roster
QB-Minshew because Tua is OUT
RB1-Ekeler
RB2-?

WR1-CD Lamb, strong effort the other night
WR2-Higgins, Monday Night Ace up the sleeve
TE-Evan Engram
Flex-?

I lean Kamara but he has been a disaster many weeks and don't trust him or the Saints.
Jones has the tweaked ankle but the packers are desperate today
Like Allgeier quite a bit for Atlanta today mostly because he is a rookie and the Falcons have little to play for otherwise than see what they drafted this year.
Not thinking Foreman vs the Bucs with these other choices but I'm keeping an open mind

Thanks Chaka for any input you have and anyone else who would like to chime in

Running Backs -PPR

Ekeler-Start at RB1
Kamara
Aaron Jones
Tyler Algeier
D.Foreman

Need a solid RB2 this week

The remaining bunch would be competing against JuJu in the Flex spot

overall roster
QB-Minshew because Tua is OUT
RB1-Ekeler
RB2-?

WR1-CD Lamb, strong effort the other night
WR2-Higgins, Monday Night Ace up the sleeve
TE-Evan Engram
Flex-?

I lean Kamara but he has been a disaster many weeks and don't trust him or the Saints.
Jones has the tweaked ankle but the packers are desperate today
Like Allgeier quite a bit for Atlanta today mostly because he is a rookie and the Falcons have little to play for otherwise than see what they drafted this year.
Not thinking Foreman vs the Bucs with these other choices but I'm keeping an open mind

Thanks Chaka for any input you have and anyone else who would like to chime in

Tought call but I, like you, lean Kamara for all the reasons you identify there. It's tight but I like what you are saying

Jones if he was not injured would be the number 1 so he is a little more boom bust...

Thinking about benching Pittman for Gabe Davis. The Colts offense is a mess and I didn't see how Foles could be any worse than Ryan, but he is.

Half ppr
4 pts per pass TD, 6 pts rush/rec TD

QB (Hurts owner, assuming he doesn't play): Minshew v NO or HomeGoff v Chi

TE: Kmet @ Det or Taysom @ Phi

Need 2 RB & 1 flex from:

Akers @ LAC
Allgeier v Ari
Robinson v Cle
Kamara @ Phi
Walker v NYJ
G. Wilson @ Sea
M. Williams v LAR
Godwin v Car

TIA!!
QB: Goff against the Bears indoors is as good a matchup as it gets for Goff.

TE: I'd go Kmet in the highest point totaled game this week.

RB: Kamara and Robinson would be my calls, maybe a pivot to Walker if we get bad news on Kamara.

Flex: Wilson, love the matchup with White back.

Tell me if I'm an idiot or not. Currently starting Chark (vs Chi) at flex over CPat (vs AZ) and Juju Smith Schuster (vs Den). No PPR, but there are yardage bonuses if you go ham and get over 150.

I'm feeling good about this choice but with it being the championship, I'm well past 2nd guessing and somewhere like 7th guessing now. Am I making a mistake, FBGs ranked Juju well ahead of Chark.
I wouldn't call you crazy, but I go Juju pretty confidently. I don't really see KC taking it easy or pulling starters.

Half PPR. I need 2 out of:

Christian Kirk @ Houston
Amari Cooper @ Wasington
Drake London v Arizona
Kirk is a lock in my eyes, the other one is a tough call, but I say dance with who brung ya, and that's Cooper. Arizona is also the rare team of late, that might not force Atlanta into a pass heavy gamescript.

If Watson (hip) doesn't go, do I go with DJ Chark or Samuel? I'm leaning Chark, Full PPR.
I'd go Chark over Samuel. Samuel gets a bonus from Wentz being back, but its not a huge one.

Dionte Johnson Vs Ravens
Jahan Dotson Vs Cleveland
David Montgomery Vs Lions (Herbert is back)
Jerrick McKinnon Vs Den (Hardman is back)

Which “ 1 “ goes to the bench?
I'd sit Dotson. He's just the least involved of that group.

Ppr. Start 2 RBs
Walker vs NYJ
Dobbins vs PIT
Moss at NYG
Cook at CIN

Walker seems locked in, Dobbins is due for a 2 TD game. So talented..

Pick 1
Njoku at WAS
Waller vs SF (Stidham🤦🏻‍♂️)

And kicker Myers v NYJ or Succop v CAR. Both home in a dome and probably favored.
Edit, both home but as pointed out, lumen field has an open roof and as I’ve read, 1.5 point dogs from what I saw on ESPN. And Raymond James is also not a dome . Learning things…
Walker and Dobbins are easy calls in my opinion.

I'd lean Njoku with Carr out.

I'd go Myers at K. Just attached to a better offense, but one that may have to settle for FGs against a good defense.

Superflex QB (pick 1) :

Mike White @ SEA
Geno Smith vs NYJ
Mac Jones vs MIA
Gardner Minshew vs NO

————-

PPR, TE Premium (2 PPR), return yards (0.1 PP yard)

Last offensive flex (pick 1) :

Devin Singletary (RB) @ CIN
Rashid Shaheed (WR + returner) @ PHI
Darius Slayton (WR) vs IND
Juwan Johnson (TE) @ PHI

Personal gut reaction is Minshew + Shaheed but might be close, so wanted other opinions.
Minshew and Singletary would be my picks.

What do you think for my WR3 in PPR:

Zay Jones vs Houston (potentially limited time)
Romeo Doubs (w Watson out) vs Vikings
Richie James (NYG) vs Indy
I'd go Zay Jones. Not really worried about the Jags resting guys at all.

With my top 2 out Thursday, my last RB spot is down to one of these choices:

Zach Moss @ NYG
Lat Murray @ KC
K. Herbert @ Detroit
I know it sounds wrong, but I really trust Moss to see 15-20 carries, and have a 50-50 TD shot.

Need a qb - 1 per 25 and 2 point bonus for tds over 40 yards. Qb options (Hurts is my QB1 but hes out):
  • White @ Sea
  • Bridgewater @ NE
  • Wilson @KC
  • Mac Jones vs Mia
  • Baker vs Bolts
  • Picket @ Balt
  • Wentz vs Clev
  • Purdy @ LV
Also wondering if you would replace any of these guys (D Adams with new QB or M Sanders) with any of the following (.5 ppr and same bonus for long tds):
  • B Robinson vs Clev
  • Pickens @ Balt
  • Fournette vs Car
I'd roll with Mike White. He's had the best track record this year, and Jets are playing for their playoff lives.

With Gibson out, I'd start Robinson over Sanders. Still think Adams is a target hog with Stidham.
I'm mobile and too lazy to edit down to just mine, but it's the Chark vs Juju. This is not PPR, and Chark has outscored Juju 4 out of the past 5 weeks, Juju is playing Denver which has the least WR points against and Detroit is playing a must win against Chicago which had a mediocre pass d to start and injuries have forced them into using a bunch of inexperienced CBs. If it was PPR, I think it'd be a closer contest, but without, I feel like Chark is the clear choice. I guess we'll know for sure in a couple hours.

Thinking about benching Pittman for Gabe Davis. The Colts offense is a mess and I didn't see how Foles could be any worse than Ryan, but he is.
If you can avoid playing and Colts, I would after last week. Davis is going to be involved, but Buffalo does tend to spread it around pretty well. Upside of making the switch is you get that psychological benefit of having someone going on Monday night.

Anyone thinking about Akers (seeing his name in this thread a lot), Chargers just got Bosa back and he's supposedly playing and he's a damn fine linebacker so I'd move Akers down a couple pegs.

Half ppr
4 pts per pass TD, 6 pts rush/rec TD

QB (Hurts owner, assuming he doesn't play): Minshew v NO or HomeGoff v Chi

TE: Kmet @ Det or Taysom @ Phi

Need 2 RB & 1 flex from:

Akers @ LAC
Allgeier v Ari
Robinson v Cle
Kamara @ Phi
Walker v NYJ
G. Wilson @ Sea
M. Williams v LAR
Godwin v Car

TIA!!
QB: Goff against the Bears indoors is as good a matchup as it gets for Goff.

TE: I'd go Kmet in the highest point totaled game this week.

RB: Kamara and Robinson would be my calls, maybe a pivot to Walker if we get bad news on Kamara.

Flex: Wilson, love the matchup with White back.

Tell me if I'm an idiot or not. Currently starting Chark (vs Chi) at flex over CPat (vs AZ) and Juju Smith Schuster (vs Den). No PPR, but there are yardage bonuses if you go ham and get over 150.

I'm feeling good about this choice but with it being the championship, I'm well past 2nd guessing and somewhere like 7th guessing now. Am I making a mistake, FBGs ranked Juju well ahead of Chark.
I wouldn't call you crazy, but I go Juju pretty confidently. I don't really see KC taking it easy or pulling starters.

Half PPR. I need 2 out of:

Christian Kirk @ Houston
Amari Cooper @ Wasington
Drake London v Arizona
Kirk is a lock in my eyes, the other one is a tough call, but I say dance with who brung ya, and that's Cooper. Arizona is also the rare team of late, that might not force Atlanta into a pass heavy gamescript.

If Watson (hip) doesn't go, do I go with DJ Chark or Samuel? I'm leaning Chark, Full PPR.
I'd go Chark over Samuel. Samuel gets a bonus from Wentz being back, but its not a huge one.

Dionte Johnson Vs Ravens
Jahan Dotson Vs Cleveland
David Montgomery Vs Lions (Herbert is back)
Jerrick McKinnon Vs Den (Hardman is back)

Which “ 1 “ goes to the bench?
I'd sit Dotson. He's just the least involved of that group.

Ppr. Start 2 RBs
Walker vs NYJ
Dobbins vs PIT
Moss at NYG
Cook at CIN

Walker seems locked in, Dobbins is due for a 2 TD game. So talented..

Pick 1
Njoku at WAS
Waller vs SF (Stidham🤦🏻‍♂️)

And kicker Myers v NYJ or Succop v CAR. Both home in a dome and probably favored.
Edit, both home but as pointed out, lumen field has an open roof and as I’ve read, 1.5 point dogs from what I saw on ESPN. And Raymond James is also not a dome . Learning things…
Walker and Dobbins are easy calls in my opinion.

I'd lean Njoku with Carr out.

I'd go Myers at K. Just attached to a better offense, but one that may have to settle for FGs against a good defense.

Superflex QB (pick 1) :

Mike White @ SEA
Geno Smith vs NYJ
Mac Jones vs MIA
Gardner Minshew vs NO

————-

PPR, TE Premium (2 PPR), return yards (0.1 PP yard)

Last offensive flex (pick 1) :

Devin Singletary (RB) @ CIN
Rashid Shaheed (WR + returner) @ PHI
Darius Slayton (WR) vs IND
Juwan Johnson (TE) @ PHI

Personal gut reaction is Minshew + Shaheed but might be close, so wanted other opinions.
Minshew and Singletary would be my picks.

What do you think for my WR3 in PPR:

Zay Jones vs Houston (potentially limited time)
Romeo Doubs (w Watson out) vs Vikings
Richie James (NYG) vs Indy
I'd go Zay Jones. Not really worried about the Jags resting guys at all.

With my top 2 out Thursday, my last RB spot is down to one of these choices:

Zach Moss @ NYG
Lat Murray @ KC
K. Herbert @ Detroit
I know it sounds wrong, but I really trust Moss to see 15-20 carries, and have a 50-50 TD shot.

Need a qb - 1 per 25 and 2 point bonus for tds over 40 yards. Qb options (Hurts is my QB1 but hes out):
  • White @ Sea
  • Bridgewater @ NE
  • Wilson @KC
  • Mac Jones vs Mia
  • Baker vs Bolts
  • Picket @ Balt
  • Wentz vs Clev
  • Purdy @ LV
Also wondering if you would replace any of these guys (D Adams with new QB or M Sanders) with any of the following (.5 ppr and same bonus for long tds):
  • B Robinson vs Clev
  • Pickens @ Balt
  • Fournette vs Car
I'd roll with Mike White. He's had the best track record this year, and Jets are playing for their playoff lives.

With Gibson out, I'd start Robinson over Sanders. Still think Adams is a target hog with Stidham.
I'm mobile and too lazy to edit down to just mine, but it's the Chark vs Juju. This is not PPR, and Chark has outscored Juju 4 out of the past 5 weeks, Juju is playing Denver which has the least WR points against and Detroit is playing a must win against Chicago which had a mediocre pass d to start and injuries have forced them into using a bunch of inexperienced CBs. If it was PPR, I think it'd be a closer contest, but without, I feel like Chark is the clear choice. I guess we'll know for sure in a couple hours.

If it helps i'm sitting Juju today as well

I don't like his potential...chark indoors at home...

Goff or Minshew - lean Goff but Minshew showed something last week

Also, need to pick 2 from following, non-ppr

K.Walker vs Jets
A.Dillon vs Vikes
C.Watson vs Vikes
B.Robinson vs Browns

Thank you!

If you can avoid playing and Colts, I would after last week. Davis is going to be involved, but Buffalo does tend to spread it around pretty well. Upside of making the switch is you get that psychological benefit of having someone going on Monday night.
I don't see it as a psychological benefit to have someone going on Monday night, but I do believe the game will be a shootout and Davis has a higher probability of scoring a TD than Pittman does. WR1 vs WR2 be damned. If the Colts were to go back to Ryan it would make it a tougher decision. Pittman hasn't been doing squat after the catch and there is a strong possibility he doesn't reach the end zone. Pittman will have a bout 5 or 6 catches for 50 or 60 yards.

K.Walker vs Jets
A.Dillon vs Vikes
C.Watson vs Vikes
B.Robinson vs Browns

Thank you!

I like Goff there for sure...at home and indoors

Walker and Dillon (i like him for a td over the others)

1/2 point PPR

Need a win here

McLaurin with Wentz back
David Montgomery
or JuJu
Man... I'd lose hair making this call, it's a tough one.

Wentz has been slow to release the ball all season, and I don't know what the Commanders line is going to find him more time today. So for Mclaurin to pay off, he'll need to find him on a bunch of mid routes or short RAC routes. That happens sometimes, but not always.

I don't know enough about Montgomery to make my opinion better than yours. I expect this game will have a lot of points though and Detroit's run defense has been leaky lately. I don't think Herbert coming back stole too much work from him either.

Juju is definitely going to get targets. They'll probably be short. Denver's pass D is among the best in the league although the team is currently imploding in spectacular fashion.

Honestly, if you have any confidence in Montgomery, I'd say go there. The two WRs... Maybe they break free for a long touchdown but it's a maybe and both have things working against them this weekend IMO.

1/2 point PPR

Need a win here

McLaurin with Wentz back
David Montgomery
or JuJu

Wentz has been slow to release the ball all season, and I don't know what the Commanders line is going to find him more time today. So for Mclaurin to pay off, he'll need to find him on a bunch of mid routes or short RAC routes. That happens sometimes, but not always.

I don't know enough about Montgomery to make my opinion better than yours. I expect this game will have a lot of points though and Detroit's run defense has been leaky lately. I don't think Herbert coming back stole too much work from him either.

Juju is definitely going to get targets. They'll probably be short. Denver's pass D is among the best in the league although the team is currently imploding in spectacular fashion.

Honestly, if you have any confidence in Montgomery, I'd say go there. The two WRs... Maybe they break free for a long touchdown but it's a maybe and both have things working against them this weekend IMO.

Your thinking is where i'm at right now...i had McLaurin in but with Wentz starting i pulled him just a few moments ago to go back to montgomery....ugh

I don't see it as a psychological benefit to have someone going on Monday night, but I do believe the game will be a shootout and Davis has a higher probability of scoring a TD than Pittman does. WR1 vs WR2 be damned. If the Colts were to go back to Ryan it would make it a tougher decision. Pittman hasn't been doing squat after the catch and there is a strong possibility he doesn't reach the end zone. Pittman will have a bout 5 or 6 catches for 50 or 60 yards.
I personally love getting through Sunday without the fat lady having sung. I wouldn't make my lineup choices based on that, but it's nice when it happens organically.

Personally I have Allen, Higgins, and Knox all going Monday night so I'll be in it still no matter how far I'm trailing at the end of today. They're my best options at their positions too, so it wasn't forced, just happenstance.

1pt PPR (For all the Marbles)

Garrett Wilson vs Jerry Jeudy

Switched out 3 times already this morning...HELP.:wall:

1/2 point PPR

Need a win here

McLaurin with Wentz back
David Montgomery
or JuJu

Your thinking is where i'm at right now...i had McLaurin in but with Wentz starting i pulled him just a few moments ago to go back to montgomery....ugh
We play all season in the hopes of getting to torture ourselves like this today. Best of luck.

PPR need 1 RB, 1WR and 1 Flex.

Akers at LAC
Pacheco vs DEN
Dillon vs MIN
Lazard vs MIN
Kirk at HOU
Pittman at NYG
Akers has been red hot, stands out
Pacheco? Isn't McKinnon all the rage in KC?
AJ Dillon will see more touches but the Vikings are soft vs the Pass, not truly an easy rush defense.

I would likely play Akers and watch the Rams and Chargers shoot it out at So Fi

Kirk was Top 10 on the season entering this week, easy start IMO despite being well below his avg last week.
Lazard should see an uptick in targets

RB-Akers
WR-Kirk
Flex-Lazard IMHO

1pt PPR (For all the Marbles)

Garrett Wilson vs Jerry Jeudy

Switched out 3 times already this morning...HELP.:wall:
I'd go Garrett but it's less about him and more about wanting no part of a guy playing through injury on a Denver team that is fully melting down with nothing to play for. Jets are at least going to be trying their best to win.

1/2 point PPR

Need a win here

McLaurin with Wentz back
David Montgomery
or JuJu

I like Montgomery and wouldn't hesitate to start him. Detroit were frighteningly bad against the run last week, Carolina just destroyed them at the LOS. Plus i'm going against Montgomery today so he's destined to blow up. In all seriousness, i'd go with Monty, the others feel more like dart throws, especially JuJu.

K.Walker vs Jets
A.Dillon vs Vikes
C.Watson vs Vikes
B.Robinson vs Browns

Thank you!
I would also lean Goff, just due to track record (boy that is weird to say). Also more likely to be in a shootout. But it's close.

Gut tells me Walker and Dillon for RBs

Good luck!

For all the marbles, 2 flex spots one is SF eligible. 12 team PPR TE premium.

R Wilson, M Williams, C Kirk, A Cooper, A Lazard, McKinnon, J Meyers or Njoku.

I have Wilson and McKinnon going as of now.

This is a tough call for me, as I am not a fan of Gabe and his inconsistency. Ugh. But I also hate starting a WR on the floundering Colts, on the road, with a revolving QB door. I'd go Gabe in the Monday night shootout.

Ooof. I don't play superflex, but Russ has to be started here right? The rest...boy, that's a lot of options...but without looking at trends/stats I'd pick Kirk. McKinnon is close though. Good luck!

In a 0.5 PPR Kmet at Det or Goedert vs NOS?

Kmet had a great game against Det earlier.

Would still go Goedert but continuing to read how tough the Saints are on TEs concerns me.

I go wilson in the sf position...espeically if it's 6 pts per passing td

otherwise

williams>Mckinnon>kirk

Pick one to win the title
.5PPR just for TEs

Swift vs bears
Diontae at ravens
Knox at bengals
Taysom at eagles
Mercy bump. 29 year dynasty league and I am 1-4 in championship games. Have to get this right!!!

There is no getting right...just depression and monday morning regrets :)

That being said this is a real tough pick

I'd lean diontae right now...followed closely by swift

PPR league sit one rb:

Robinson Vs Browns
Walker Vs Jets
McKinnon Vs Broncos

Thanks

Leaning towards sitting mckinnon.

For me it depends on what you are looking for...walker is going to get all the touches, he catches passes and is a threat to score...has a huge ceiling and a pretty good floor - safe pick

Mckinnon has a lower floor but in ppr has some huge potential.

I'd still lean walker > Mckinnon

Std scoring - need 2
Dobbins v. Pitt
Foreman @ Tampa
Pacheco v. Denver

Currently have Pacheco and Foreman because I just don't know what Balt. is doing w their run game. Foreman definitely can get game scripted out, but has a higher upside.

Std scoring - need 2
Dobbins v. Pitt
Foreman @ Tampa
Pacheco v. Denver

Currently have Pacheco and Foreman because I just don't know what Balt. is doing w their run game. Foreman definitely can get game scripted out, but has a higher upside.

I like Dobbins and Pacheco but that's just me

Foreman just makes me nervous...i know he ran wild last week but the week before he barely did anything

Users who are viewing this thread