What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (3 Viewers)

The only problem I have with BA beers is while I really do like them, it's more a sipping than drinking beer. I can crush out a PW single hop DIPA at 10% but give me a BA at 12 or 13 and it's a slow roll.

So was about to make some Pseudo Shrimp Scampi...garlic, lemon and PseudoSue...friggin growler slipped out of my hand and busted on my kitchen floor....and it was 7venth Sun growler...my favorite...

I suck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back at Brew Hub for more Sue.
Sounds like a rough day...
I am so in heaven right now...although I actually had a flight of new stuff...they have a Berliner by Evil Twin that is pretty insane...only available in cans...I'm adding it to my trade stock.
May can't get here soon enough!
Have you ever had Sue?
Is this question open to the general population?

Closest I was to Sue was seeing the empty spot on the shelf at a place in Wisconsin Dell's. Missed it by a few hrs. Got some Dorothy. Didn't care for it.

I am so in heaven right now...although I actually had a flight of new stuff...they have a Berliner by Evil Twin that is pretty insane...only available in cans...I'm adding it to my trade stock.
Have you ever had Sue?
Is this question open to the general population?Closest I was to Sue was seeing the empty spot on the shelf at a place in Wisconsin Dell's. Missed it by a few hrs. Got some Dorothy. Didn't care for it.
Yeah, Brew Hub has Dorothy also...I tried it, not a fan.Interesting tidbit...one of the girls at BrewHub said the PS wasn't a 5.8% beer...she said when tested it was closer to 8%, which would put it closer to KingSue. Based on how it buzzed me, I have to say I'm inclined to agree...at least to the fact that its stronger than 5.8...I'd guess it was about 7-7.2%.

Have you ever had Sue?
Is this question open to the general population?Closest I was to Sue was seeing the empty spot on the shelf at a place in Wisconsin Dell's. Missed it by a few hrs. Got some Dorothy. Didn't care for it.
Yeah, Brew Hub has Dorothy also...I tried it, not a fan.Interesting tidbit...one of the girls at BrewHub said the PS wasn't a 5.8% beer...she said when tested it was closer to 8%, which would put it closer to KingSue. Based on how it buzzed me, I have to say I'm inclined to agree...at least to the fact that its stronger than 5.8...I'd guess it was about 7-7.2%.
Hoping they tap King Sue at Dark Lord Day like they did last year.

Any idea when they are getting bottles of PS at your place?

Gonna need a trade soon.

Have you ever had Sue?
Hoping they tap King Sue at Dark Lord Day like they did last year. Any idea when they are getting bottles of PS at your place?

Gonna need a trade soon.
No timetable on that yet...but the draft theyre pouring right now is coming directly from the brite tank...it can't possibly be any fresher, and it shows I'm the taste, IMO...its better than I remember in the bottle. So GD good.

The only problem I have with BA beers is while I really do like them, it's more a sipping than drinking beer. I can crush out a PW single hop DIPA at 10% but give me a BA at 12 or 13 and it's a slow roll.
I hate BA beers. Can't stand em. Given the fact that I hate liquor, it makes sense. I just don't want my beer tasting like liquor. But that's just me.

Sebowski said:
Wingnut said:
Waiting on a report from Sebowski that the Crank et al arrived intact.
All good! Hell of a ####### box!Was hoping it would get here early enough today to put some down. I'll have those hops in the grave soon enough though.
:thumbup: Enjoy! Can't wait to get some SoCal beers in my fridge and down my gullet!

Sue - final beer of the night. Gonna compare Crank and Sue side by side next week. I think they're close.

I've got a pretty exciting week of beer drinking ahead of me.

Today, I'm going to Collaboration Fest, which features 75+ never-before-released beers brewed by various collaborations of breweries in Colorado and across the country.

On Wednesday, I'm going to the Fuss Off Beer Festival, which is supposed to be a secret beer festival where the location and the participating breweries/beers are not released until the day of the festival. It is supposed to be a real intimate experience with world class brewers and beers. I'm intrigued.

On Thursday, I'm going to a Denver Beer Co. release party for their new Cocoa Creme Graham Cracker imperial porter aged in oak barrels with cocoa nibs and vanilla beans. Sounds pretty tasty.

The Ninja vs Unicorn was a bad idea last night.

Planned on going to Brewz Crewz in downtown Lakeland today, a local beer fest...didn't make it.

I've got a pretty exciting week of beer drinking ahead of me.

Today, I'm going to Collaboration Fest, which features 75+ never-before-released beers brewed by various collaborations of breweries in Colorado and across the country.

On Wednesday, I'm going to the Fuss Off Beer Festival, which is supposed to be a secret beer festival where the location and the participating breweries/beers are not released until the day of the festival. It is supposed to be a real intimate experience with world class brewers and beers. I'm intrigued.

On Thursday, I'm going to a Denver Beer Co. release party for their new Cocoa Creme Graham Cracker imperial porter aged in oak barrels with cocoa nibs and vanilla beans. Sounds pretty tasty.
:thumbup: Sounds like a great week, those all sound awesome.

Man some of you guys drink A LOT of beer. I'm really getting concerned how you manage to also fit in the proper amount of whiskey drinking.

Not a huge fan of their pils. Generally really like everything else they do. Their new Pinner is a great light hoppy beer.
Tastes pretty pilsnery to me. Light, crisp initially, with a sweet finish. Not bad. :thumbup:
Too much of that sweetnesd for me. Not enough polsner malt shining. Not crisp. More like a macro pilsner. Most American breweries #### it up. Getting better though.

Mojo IPA - Meh...very meh

Belt & Suspenders - Really nice IPA

Live a Rich Life - Good IPA a bit malty but not too heavy

Drank a Pipeworks Toasty Nut (awesome), now drinking a Small Town Not Your Fathers Root Beer (even better). Might run to get a case or two of the Root Beer.

Not a huge fan of their pils. Generally really like everything else they do. Their new Pinner is a great light hoppy beer.
Tastes pretty pilsnery to me. Light, crisp initially, with a sweet finish. Not bad. :thumbup:
Too much of that sweetnesd for me. Not enough polsner malt shining.
You said it.

I'm doing it backwards tonight. Just did a 4 hour dinner with 4 Old Fashioneds. Now I think I'll start drinking beer. What could go wrong???

Too much of that sweetnesd for me. Not enough polsner malt shining.
You said it.
My phone chimed in where it could.

Users who are viewing this thread