What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (3 Viewers)

Drinking a Toppling Goliath PseudoSue while watching SNF:

http://i.imgur.com/TslpE2H.jpg

Fantastic beer. Very similar to Cycle's Crank.

Ditka, you drink that one yet?
Nice pic in the background. <bears>

I haven't had any of them yet. I do plan on having a bunch of them for football this weekend/Monday Night. I planned on sharing a few since I am feeling generous. I have a ridiculous amount of "inventory" in the beer fridge so I was drinking some of the excess.

Anti Hero is a really good beer. Have you tried any of the others? I still haven't opened my Unicorn Hits Rock Bottom yet.

ditka311 said:
Drinking a Toppling Goliath PseudoSue while watching SNF:

http://i.imgur.com/TslpE2H.jpg

Fantastic beer. Very similar to Cycle's Crank.

Ditka, you drink that one yet?
Nice pic in the background. <bears>I haven't had any of them yet. I do plan on having a bunch of them for football this weekend/Monday Night. I planned on sharing a few since I am feeling generous. I have a ridiculous amount of "inventory" in the beer fridge so I was drinking some of the excess.

Anti Hero is a really good beer. Have you tried any of the others? I still haven't opened my Unicorn Hits Rock Bottom yet.
Drinking a Zombie Dust now. Good stuff. I had heard that it was really similar to PseudoSue...but its got a little more malt and hop bite - Sue was a bit softer. Both excellent beers.Not gonna drink the heavy hitters til the weekend or next week.

Drinking a Zombie and Crank side by side...I've been dying to do this, and I wish I would have held the PseudoSue to add to the mix.

The ZD looks more like and IPA and the Crank looks more like an APA. ZD is a clear amber, the Crank a very light straw color with lots of haze

ZD on left, Crank on right:

http://i.imgur.com/t9cMl36.jpg

Verrrry similar aroma. Both are unmistakably Citra. The Zombie has more malt in the nose, the Crank is brighter, with maybe a little grassiness.

Taste wise its a toss up. The ZD has more malt, and slicker mouth feel. The Crank feels a bit lighter/softer but has more citrus. The Crank is more hop forward, IMO, while the ZD holds the hops in check with the malt. The Crank is a more refreshing beer, with insane tropical juiciness that I've yet to find in another beer. The ZD tastes more like and IPA and the Crank like an APA. The Crank is closer to Sue in taste and mouth feel.

2 phenomenal beers, IMO. I'd flip flop on preference depending on my mood.

Last edited by a moderator:
Drinking a Zombie and Crank side by side...I've been dying to do this, and I wish I would have held the PseudoSue to add to the mix.

The ZD looks more like and IPA and the Crank looks more like an APA. ZD is a clear amber, the Crank a very light straw color with lots of haze

Verrrry similar aroma. Both are unmistakably Citra. The Zombie has more malt in the nose, the Crank is brighter, with maybe a little grassiness.

Taste wise its a toss up. The ZD has more malt, and slicker mouth feel. The Crank feels a bit lighter/softer but has more citrus. The Crank is more hop forward, IMO, while the ZD holds the hops in check with the malt. The Crank is a more refreshing beer, with insane tropical juiciness that I've yet to find in another beer. Its crazy, the ZD even tastes more like and IPA and the Crank like an APA.

Interesting idea.Gonna have to try to find more ZD and perhaps give that a try. I wish I had some Alpha Kings left to throw in that is also called an APA but is really more of an ipa at 66 or so ibus.

You will also notice that Permanent Funeral is called a pale ale on the label when it's clearly a iipa.

The other one I planned on throwing in but didn't because I drank them all was Daisy Cutter. Maybe another time. Instead you got Akari Shogun which is a hoppy wheat that I like better than Gumballhead. Should drink nicely in the Florida heat.

Taste wise its a toss up. The ZD has more malt, and slicker mouth feel. The Crank feels a bit lighter/softer but has more citrus. The Crank is more hop forward, IMO, while the ZD holds the hops in check with the malt. The Crank is a more refreshing beer, with insane tropical juiciness that I've yet to find in another beer. Its crazy, the ZD even tastes more like and IPA and the Crank like an APA.

Interesting idea.Gonna have to try to find more ZD and perhaps give that a try. I wish I had some Alpha Kings left to throw in that is also called an APA but is really more of an ipa at 66 or so ibus. You will also notice that Permanent Funeral is called a pale ale on the label when it's clearly a iipa.

The other one I planned on throwing in but didn't because I drank them all was Daisy Cutter. Maybe another time. Instead you got Akari Shogun which is a hoppy wheat that I like better than Gumballhead. Should drink nicely in the Florida heat.
I noticed that on the PF label. Had to go online and check to make sure I wasn't crazy. LolLooking forward to the Shogun now that I know its a hoppy wheat. I love wheat beers, and a hoppy version sounds delicious.

I think the fact that I'm in Florida is why I don't care for stouts and porters all that much. They just don't play well with the heat, IMO. When I'm in Michigan in the winter, I gravitate towards them. I think that's why I really like wheat beers, they're great in summertime, which is most of the time here. Lol

Cigar City Jai Alai. This beer is known to be wildly inconsistent but this batch, canned on 9/2, is as good as I've had. Really juicy with big tropical notes. When this beer is on, its one of my favorites.

Taste wise its a toss up. The ZD has more malt, and slicker mouth feel. The Crank feels a bit lighter/softer but has more citrus. The Crank is more hop forward, IMO, while the ZD holds the hops in check with the malt. The Crank is a more refreshing beer, with insane tropical juiciness that I've yet to find in another beer. The ZD tastes more like and IPA and the Crank like an APA. The Crank is closer to Sue in taste and mouth feel.

Based on the picture it looks like Crank is pretty darn hazy. Lots of suspended yeast or do they use a bit of wheat malt in there?

Based on the picture it looks like Crank is pretty darn hazy. Lots of suspended yeast or do they use a bit of wheat malt in there?
Dunno. It is hazy as hell though.Now that you mention it, it could be wheat malt...it would make sense given the mouth feel and fruitiness.

Agreed.

I'm having a White Oak Jai Alai. I'ts good but I'm just not a huge fan of oak in beer...and the dill notes are just weird. Lol

:shrug:

I might check out a Unicorn - Ninja fight later.

Sierra Nevada Kellerweis Hefeweizen.

Beer Advocate has it ranked among the top Hefeweizen. I have to agree. This is outstanding.

New Glarus Serendipity. Really good. A little on the sweet side so you would think that would make it really tough to drink a lot of but then the tartness hits and helps offset the sweetness. That said, 750ml is a lot of this beer at once because it is really sweet.

New Glarus Serendipity. Really good. A little on the sweet side so you would think that would make it really tough to drink a lot of but then the tartness hits and helps offset the sweetness. That said, 750ml is a lot of this beer at once because it is really sweet.
Trashed for a bottle of that and a few other NG fruit beers in June...still have a Serendipity...waiting for the right time to try it.

Trashed for a bottle of that and a few other NG fruit beers in June...still have a Serendipity...waiting for the right time to try it.
I have a Strawberry Rhubarb in the fridge too. I have had the other 2 - Belgian Red and Raspberry Tart. That was a long time ago though.

I didn't know how I would feel about drinking a whole bottle of this but it's really growing on me. It's almost like juice. So easy to drink. Going up to WI again tmw...might have to pick more of this up.

You try the Scream yet?

I have a Strawberry Rhubarb in the fridge too. I have had the other 2 - Belgian Red and Raspberry Tart. That was a long time ago though. I didn't know how I would feel about drinking a whole bottle of this but it's really growing on me. It's almost like juice. So easy to drink. Going up to WI again tmw...might have to pick more of this up.

You try the Scream yet?
That was supposed to say traded for, not thrashed for...Lol...Havent drank the Scream yet...I gotta pace myself with those DIPAs..hell I just noticed today that Mars is 10% ABV...I was thinking it felt like a big beer..its a heavy hitter.

I have a Strawberry Rhubarb in the fridge too. I have had the other 2 - Belgian Red and Raspberry Tart. That was a long time ago though. I didn't know how I would feel about drinking a whole bottle of this but it's really growing on me. It's almost like juice. So easy to drink. Going up to WI again tmw...might have to pick more of this up.

You try the Scream yet?
That was supposed to say traded for, not thrashed for...Lol...Havent drank the Scream yet...I gotta pace myself with those DIPAs..hell I just noticed today that Mars is 10% ABV...I was thinking it felt like a big beer..its a heavy hitter.
That's what I am going with too coincidentally. I think the Oracle packs a bigger punch but that may have been because I had a Mars first.

stones xocoveza.... this one is really different, a lot of cinnamon and nutmeg with the coffee taste, almost like a mexican hot chocolate

Taking Down The Oracle. Jesus, this is bordering on a barleywine.
:boxing:

That's what the Oracle did to me.

Having my last Abrasive.
This is a huge beer. I'm not a fan of barley wines in general, but this was just enough on the IPA side to be enjoyable. I love how Bells pushes the envelope.Wow. Don't think I could put more than one down in a night...its not a session beer. Lol

I'm psyched right now...gonna take on Ninja vs Unicorn shortly...going back to the Citra.

Check out these pics NoDa brewery posted online today of them buying Citra hops from their supplier...I can only imagine what that place smelled like:

http://i.imgur.com/iYmHILI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/6g5sMCl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/h4CdK6w.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/gmjY9RP.jpg <-- :drool:

Broke my damn Racer 5 pint glass by dropping it in the sink.

Dammit. It was the only none I had.

Anyone use those Spiegelau IPA glasses? Thinking about ordering a couple.

Users who are viewing this thread