What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's Normal? - Do you fart in front of your significant other? (1 Viewer)

Do you fart in front of your significant other?

• Yes, proudly. It's a natural bodily function!

Votes: 108 65.9%
  • No (at least not on purpose)

Votes: 56 34.1%

• Total voters
I wish there were three options:

1. Yes, and I do so intentionally and find it funny.
2. Yes, but not intentionally and will avoid it if I can.
3. Never.

I say this because my wife and I fall squarely in option 2. Neither of us tries to do it (and we aren't proud of it and usually say something like "sorry" or "excuse me") but we've been married for ten years where inevitably it has just occurred. So, under the poll, I had to answer "yes" but don't think that accurately tells the story.
Option 2 for me as well.

Never understood number 1 mentality. I mean, I know you should share everything with your spouse, but why treat them with less respect than you’d give a stranger?

The zow poll is also flawed. Mine would be

Yes, neither intentionally or unintentionally, but I'm not trying to avoid it in any way.

Yes, but not obnoxiously.

I find fart/bodily function humor to be the lowest rung on the funny scale. I call it Spencer’s gifts humor.

ETA -
I think this stems from growing up around an uncle who was what people call today special needs. Everything 5 minutes David would shout about having a “Super Bowel movement”!

Ok, that’s kinda funny. Maybe he ruined fart jokes for everyone else.

I pin her down in bed and just fire the cannons
Absolutely no shame but I act like she has committed a crime on me anytime she cuts wind
Double standard for sure

Some are just noise makers(beer) and some of mine could trigger the start of WWIII

"It's just nature"
:lol:

Yes, neither intentionally or unintentionally, but I'm not trying to avoid it in any way.
I'm shuked by these responses. How is that any different than "No (at least not on purpose)"?

I'm shuked by these responses. How is that any different than "No (at least not on purpose)"?
Your question is literally, "do you fart in front of your significant other?" If it's happened before, seems like the answer ha to be "yes" regardless of whether it's intentional.

Your question is literally, "do you fart in front of your significant other?" If it's happened before, seems like the answer ha to be "yes" regardless of whether it's intentional.
Dude. Look at the "No" option on the poll. It forgives you if it has happened by accident.

Dude. Look at the "No" option on the poll. It forgives you if it has happened by accident.
Then I should have selected no. But, I live in a world where "answer the question asked" is paramount.

I guess yes. I am not actively trying not to around family, but also not running in another room to fart on or near them or anything.

Then I should have selected no. But, I live in a world where "answer the question asked" is paramount.
I voted yes and still would, but it's not "proudly" per se (unless I know it's going to be really rank, proud to share that). And it's also not no,even as defined. I'm not holding it in so when it happens it's on purpose but I'm not there straining to blow one out.

Last edited:

I voted yes and still would, but it's not "proudly" per se (unless I know it's going to be really rank, prod to share that). And it's also not no,even as defined. I'm not holding it in so when it happens it's on purpose but I'm not there straining to blow one out.
Right, I'm pretty close to this as well. If I'm on the move I'll wait until I'm out of the room but, if we're watching a movie or something and I got my computer or a kid on my lap, I'm letting it go (as quietly as I can). So, that is technically on purpose. Flawed poll.

I do it all the time, in front of my wife and kids. Kids (17g and 13b) think it's hysterical, wife just rolls her eyes. I have very flamboyant flatulence. I usually do it while doing things like karate chops, or dad-ballerina poses, or sneak up on them and fart on their shoulder. When we go on vacation, my kids use to grab the complimentary pad they put in the room and make a fart counter to see how many times I would fart on vacation (disney food!).

The “how could you do that to your SO, you monster” crowd is ridiculous. I mean, I totally get thinking it’s not funny or gross but farting humor is something everybody is aware of and seen their entire lives. Maybe you don’t find it funny but lots of people do. I’m glad I married a woman who finds farting in appropriate situations funny.

I do it all the time, in front of my wife and kids. Kids (17g and 13b) think it's hysterical, wife just rolls her eyes. I have very flamboyant flatulence. I usually do it while doing things like karate chops, or dad-ballerina poses, or sneak up on them and fart on their shoulder. When we go on vacation, my kids use to grab the complimentary pad they put in the room and make a fart counter to see how many times I would fart on vacation (disney food!).
This guy gets it.

I can't vote clearly one way or another. My basic rule (and my wife knows this) is that when she is around, I fart freely in the bedroom/bathroom, but elsewhere, I try and keep it civilized. HOWEVER - I will literally be in the hallway, and step 1 foot into our bedroom, fart, and continue on my way sometimes.

When it's just me and the kids, we're all ripping at will. My daughter can fart on command, which is up there as far as proud father moments.

I can't vote clearly one way or another. My basic rule (and my wife knows this) is that when she is around, I fart freely in the bedroom/bathroom, but elsewhere, I try and keep it civilized. HOWEVER - I will literally be in the hallway, and step 1 foot into our bedroom, fart, and continue on my way sometimes.

When it's just me and the kids, we're all ripping at will. My daughter can fart on command, which is up there as far as proud father moments.
Sounds like a "yes" to me

Sounds like a "yes" to me
Noted and voted.

I wonder what the correlation would be for this question vs do you/your signifcant other pee with the door open if it's just you two.

Users who are viewing this thread