What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

When will Megatron start scoring like Megatron? (1 Viewer)

Only way Calvin becomes fantasy relavant is if Stafford goes down and Hill gets in there. He's man enough to throw to Calvin.

Wow. Teams basically makng calvin irrelevant. I dont think calvin is top 20 going fwd
Assists go to the play calling and Stafford. I've noticed that they like to run their WR's to whereever the defender is standing. Just watched titus young run right to the defender and turn around, then try to improvise when the ball didn't come to him.

Last edited by a moderator:
'ponchsox said:
Oof? Why? Calvin is still on pace to be the #18 WR. He'll get his TD's. Really. They will come. Yards are the important thing. What's wrong with you? I'd still take him in the top five picks. He's a stud. He'll get his. You have to stick with him. He's just fine. Really. He is.

'ponchsox said:
Oof? Why? Calvin is still on pace to be the #18 WR. He'll get his TD's. Really. They will come. Yards are the important thing. What's wrong with you? I'd still take him in the top five picks. He's a stud. He'll get his. You have to stick with him. He's just fine. Really. He is.
I really want to believe this, and am hoping that with Stafford proving today he can hurt teams with the other receivers maybe it will take some pressure off. But, I just don't see any routes that are getting CJ open. Something is not right. This may be one of those situations that never get fixed during a season. Hard to comprehend that happening to a WR largely considered uncoverable.

'ponchsox said:
?? You'd take the number 18 WR in the first 5 picks?

You can be the best wr in the world but if you are not a part of your teams game plan except as a decoy you will not a score fantasy pts.

'ponchsox said:
?? You'd take the number 18 WR in the first 5 picks?
I apologize if my sarcasm emitter wasn't turned up high enough.

### #### Madden Curse!!! Will some rational person please explain this phenomenon to me? I just can't deny it any longer...

Only way Calvin becomes fantasy relavant is if Stafford goes down and Hill gets in there. He's man enough to throw to Calvin.
This crap is getting old. Pure stupidity.
Looking in a mirror I see.I knew it was when Hill came in for a few minutes and threw strike after strike to Calvin including his only TD.Been called stupid for telling the world Scam was a bum. Ditto Tebow. Can go on and on yet I am always right.Fact is I am right. With Stafford, he's middle tier WR right now and for the foreseable future. Put Hill in there and his numbers rocket. We have already seen it once.

Looking in a mirror I see.I knew it was when Hill came in for a few minutes and threw strike after strike to Calvin including his only TD.Been called stupid for telling the world Scam was a bum. Ditto Tebow. Can go on and on yet I am always right.Fact is I am right. With Stafford, he's middle tier WR right now and for the foreseable future. Put Hill in there and his numbers rocket. We have already seen it once.
Guess this is your 1st year watching football. Funny Calvin put up monster #s with Stafford last year. You should have seen it.

As a Calvin owner I was glad to see Detroit win and get Young and Broyles involved. Stafford HAS to make teams fear the other guys to open it up for Calvin

As a Calvin owner I was glad to see Detroit win and get Young and Broyles involved. Stafford HAS to make teams fear the other guys to open it up for Calvin
As a Calvin owner you were glad to see Stafford put up 400 yards and 3 TD's and have Calvin catch 3 for 30?Something's wrong with him. His drops were pathetic. He looks average out there. Slow and bad hands. Something's up and I'm sick of getting burned week in and week out.

As a Calvin owner you were glad to see Stafford put up 400 yards and 3 TD's and have Calvin catch 3 for 30?Something's wrong with him. His drops were pathetic. He looks average out there. Slow and bad hands. Something's up and I'm sick of getting burned week in and week out.
The hands worry me but the coverage and attention he was getting worried me more.

There isn't just one thing to point to, it has been many things holding Calvin back. First, a stubborn emphasis, especially earlier in the season to get the run game going. Watch that San Fran game again, so frustrating to essentially watch them waste a down trying to run. Se cond, last year, there was at least somebody else catching the ball to move the chains. This year, up until this Seahawks game, there has been no consistency in the passing game besides Calvin. Third, they aren't consistently throwing the ball to Calvin in the past few games. I am sure this is do to extra attention but the one weakness with Calvin (Julio Jones has this same problem) is if he isn't thrown to consistently, he drops the ball. When he is consistently thrown to this is not a problem. Fourth, his schedule has been pretty tough Stafford has had his own problems with consistency. I can't tell you how many potential touchdowns that I have seen Calvin either drop, or see Stafford just miss the mark. Lastly, the problem while real, is being a little overblown. Only three out of seven games are really worth complaining about and keep in mind he has played San Fran, Chicago and Seattle. Those are three of the toughest secondaries you can face!

What I am getting at is, I am definitely staying the course with him. There is no other wide receiver in the league who has the potential on any given play to score. Titus and Broyles look like immediate upgrades and I think this can only make things a little easier on Calvin. Also, with some consistency Stafford and Calvin should work through these problems. Count on it.

i didn't think that was an easy catch. sure, he could have had it, but it didn't hit him between the 8 and 1. it was a tough catch.

Yes, I was. It can only be better going forward. He'll break out of is 'slump' soon enough. He has had a few drops, but also has been bracketed on every pass that comes is way. If Titus/pettigrew/broyles can provide consistent offense teams can't flux solely on CJ or Stafford will pick em apart.

Slow? Average? Quit doing post game analysis by box score. How many 'slow/average' guys you know getting triple teamed consistently, and never see single coverage. Ever.laughable. And belljr I agree. Mega has always made evey catch effortlessly, so we get spoiled. But that was a tough grab that CJ usually comes up with.

i didn't think that was an easy catch. sure, he could have had it, but it didn't hit him between the 8 and 1. it was a tough catch.
If we're talking about a 3rd string WR on a high school team that primarily runs the option then I agree, it was a tough catch. If we're talking about a starting wide receiver on an NFL team, or even a particularly good flag football team, then it was pretty routine.Nonetheless, Calvin is going to be one of those guys that goes off for 180/2 on the week you finally bench him. Unless you have some outrageous other options, you just have to stay the course and it's very likely that things will get sorted out. He's only slightly off the pace he was on last year as far as yards are concerned, and TDs are extremely variable.

Slow? Average? Quit doing post game analysis by box score. How many 'slow/average' guys you know getting triple teamed consistently, and never see single coverage. Ever.laughable. And belljr I agree. Mega has always made evey catch effortlessly, so we get spoiled. But that was a tough grab that CJ usually comes up with.
Did you watch the game? Megatron himself said he can't plant, so yes he is running/turning slower. Until that is resolved he isn't better than a #2 WR, IMO.

nobody should be benching him but it's time to accept that it will be very hard for him to justify the 1st round pick owners used.

How about you actually watch the games instead of basing your opinion on past results. This isn't 2011. Fantasy points from games played last year don't count, in case you're not aware.I watched and he didn't look like himself out there. I'm not saying he suddenly stinks or anything. Just that something is wrong.

Well, just an FYI, I just traded for Calvin and gave up Doug Martin.

People are willing to move him, so if you are in the mood to go shopping for a WR, now's the time to do it.

It's like the Schaub and Rosenfels thing a few years ago, when Schaub was down it was almost better cause you knew ol' diry Sage would throw it to Andre 20 times.

Chris Wesseling ‏@ChrisWesseling

Through 7 games a year ago, Calvin Johnson had 41 receptions and 679 yards. He has 41 for 638 through 7 this year. Only difference is TDs.

The TDs will come.

Not a catch going into the half. Killing my contest team at the moment.
He'll catch fire at some point. Probably after most of us have been eliminated from the playoffs.
People who drafted him won't be making the playoffs.
I have Calvin and am doing just fine. A first round bust doesn't kill your team. Besides, Chris Johnson hasn't warranted a first round pick. Neither has Stafford, Newton, McFadden, Graham, etc. Unless you got Foster, Rice, Rodgers, or Brees you can't be too happy with your first round pick.

Just saw that Calvin has been tackled at the 1 four times this year.
As well as the 2 yard line on Sunday. That's really his only difference between this year and last.
Its the difference between being the 17th WR in my league and the 3rd WR if he gets in on 4 of those. TD's make all the difference.
True but it also indicates him having 1 td is not predictive of what he will do over the second half of the season. He's going to scoresome tds down the stretch.

'Wombat x said:
'Dought Man said:
'matttyl said:
'Hipple said:
Just saw that Calvin has been tackled at the 1 four times this year.
As well as the 2 yard line on Sunday. That's really his only difference between this year and last.
Its the difference between being the 17th WR in my league and the 3rd WR if he gets in on 4 of those. TD's make all the difference.
True but it also indicates him having 1 td is not predictive of what he will do over the second half of the season. He's going to scoresome tds down the stretch.
I've tried buying low. Not working. But if out have an overreacting owner try and get him based on slump/injuries. Hes prime for a 3 TD 150 game.

### #### Madden Curse!!! Will some rational person please explain this phenomenon to me? I just can't deny it any longer...
Regression to the mean?
calvins mean is 13 TDs per year. thats not it.he was doubled and tripled every other year and it didn't stop him.he is not playing worse. his receptions and yardage totals are on par with his usual.I would say the lions are putting more trust in their other WRs this year, but titus has not been used much, broyles hasn't played until recently and burleson+bestare out. pettigrew isn't playing well either.that only leaves the curse. it is real. this proves it. :ph34r: also, buy low next year and sell RG3 while you can. looks like he will be the next one on the cover

TD's won't come and he got lucky at the end of the year with some garbage games to pad his stats.

None of that will matter for most people since their fantasy season is mostly over with.

Who would waste a 1st round pick on a WR anyway. lol

Love seeing him being average.

Nice to draft Hartline in the 15th round and get the same production. :hophead:

Users who are viewing this thread