What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who are you comfortable DROPPING after week 1? (3 Viewers)

The Mike Evans thing was a joke guys, simmer down
I didn't feel great about him when I drafted him. I was trying to move him before Week 1 because I anticipated this TB offense wouldn't be what it was cooked up to be. Couldn't get a deal done and he puts up a stinker. Dealing with the flu, now on a short turnaround which isn't ideal for any non-RB. I sold him but wasn't great value by any means. Temper expectations for tonight and look forward to his week 3 vs NYG.

He played 92.5% of the snaps and plays TB this week. I would hold for another week at minimum. But I agree he is behind CMAC & DJ Moore. Olsen, that's iffy considering his injury history. Who knows how long he will be healthy.
He got targets, but Cam looks awful and I don't know how much better it will be for him. He's never been an overly accurate QB. Samuel was open a lot, but couldn't get the ball. I'm going to field trade offers for him after putting up 14 PPR points this week. Certainly not a drop candidate. They have ARI & HOU on the horizon.

I, too, and dropping Barber, trying to target Malcolm Brown and RoJo, potentially AP for the short term.

I wonder if that might be an overreaction with the team committed to starting Barber again. Not like the TB run game is dependable, but seems like swapping one worn out shoe for the other in the pair. RoJo might have looked better, but situation and offense may cap him at the exact same level as Barber.
Hmmm....

If he is not gonna run what good is he?
None. His passing game is erratic at best. I’ve been waiting for signature cam runs and the few I’ve seen have been laughable. The guy looks awful out there. As a panthers myself I can’t believe this is the same guy. 

Short bench

Dropped Cory Davis for John Brown.

dropped Jackson for m. Brown

Large bench

Dropped Thompson (have Williams) for hockenson

dropped j samuels for mosert 

I am very active on waiver. I try to have guys on my bench who are more likely to have hot games sooner rather than sitting and waiting. I don’t like dead bench space. I’d pick up guys I dropped later in the year. Of course that means I may lose them if they blow up before then.

plus if I need a flex for a week and have a good chance of being able to pick a guy back up I do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
After zero targets this week, OJ Howard.  
I'm holding but am fortunate to have Waller as my starter.   That TB O just isn't made for Howard.  He is a very good TE that would be a solid TE for fantasy football if starting for almost all the other NFL teams.  It is alarming that stone-hands Perriman gets more looks.  

Dropped Robby Anderson and Moncrief. Moncrief showing that QB accuracy wasn’t to blame for his last two years of poor stats.

Robby, I’ve been fooled too many times. Someone else can ride that wave. If it isn’t week 10 or later, the dude just doesn’t get it done. And now with Darnold out for an indeterminate amount of time, no thanks.

I dropped Will Fuller. 12 team super-flex, redraft, PPR spec play, waited until round 6 to draft my first WR.

I love his talent and obvious big play ability, which flashed again last Monday, but with the addition of Stills he's just never going to be a reliable play, despite the inevitable huge games, and I have other bye week fillers who are more "slow-and-steady wins the race" types. Austin Hooper in particular (TE/WR combined league).

At any rate I figured that was my churn spot and dropped Fuller for Ronald Jones so...winning?

I dropped Will Fuller. 12 team super-flex, redraft, PPR spec play, waited until round 6 to draft my first WR.

I love his talent and obvious big play ability, which flashed again last Monday, but with the addition of Stills he's just never going to be a reliable play, despite the inevitable huge games, and I have other bye week fillers who are more "slow-and-steady wins the race" types. Austin Hooper in particular (TE/WR combined league).

At any rate I figured that was my churn spot and dropped Fuller for Ronald Jones so...winning?
Ugh. This hurts. I definitely used draft capital on him in leegs before Stills got there, and you've just confirmed that which I don't want to admit.

He's droppable.

I won't do it. I'm holding out/for a better deal for something real/you know I'd like to say/that I can spend the day/at home with it left off/how strong's your Will?

STAND STILL!

@BroadwayG

Did I just get nominated for most relevant GB lyric set to FF yet? Ever? 

Ugh. This hurts. I definitely used draft capital on him in leegs before Stills got there, and you've just confirmed that which I don't want to admit.

He's droppable.

I won't do it. I'm holding out/for a better deal for something real/you know I'd like to say/that I can spend the day/at home with it left off/how strong's your Will?

STAND STILL!

@BroadwayG

Did I just get nominated for most relevant GB lyric set to FF yet? Ever? 
Yeah, I love his talent and he isn't a necessary drop because scoring format really matters. In a PPR I think you have to consider dropping him because when he disappears it could be in a big way. 

He's Tyler Lockett but with a ton of competition for looks so you can't rely on those single long TDs salvaging a poor week.

Again I love everything I have seen on the field from him but he has very limited value in a redraft...barring an injury to DeAndre.

Yeah, I love his talent and he isn't a necessary drop because scoring format really matters. In a PPR I think you have to consider dropping him because when he disappears it could be in a big way. 

He's Tyler Lockett but with a ton of competition for looks so you can't rely on those single long TDs salvaging a poor week.

Again I love everything I have seen on the field from him but he has very limited value in a redraft...barring an injury to DeAndre.
I'm coming to this conclusion for very similar reasons, but I can't bring myself to drop talent like that. By Week Five or Six, if he's still not getting looks, then it's going to have to happen.  He's a guy who is ultra-talented with an injury history who looks like he's running clear-outs for DeAndre, at least as far as Week One goes. But last year healthy? His targets were 9, 11, 5, 3, 3, 8, 6. Not even seven a game. That's too few to have an impact in PPR.  

He's a better player than his fantasy output would suggest, IMHO. Talent usually rises, but coupled with his injury history, I don't see him being an integral part of a PPR squad.

I'm coming to this conclusion for very similar reasons, but I can't bring myself to drop talent like that. By Week Five or Six, if he's still not getting looks, then it's going to have to happen.  He's a guy who is ultra-talented with an injury history who looks like he's running clear-outs for DeAndre, at least as far as Week One goes. But last year healthy? His targets were 9, 11, 5, 3, 3, 8, 6. Not even seven a game. That's too few to have an impact in PPR.  

He's a better player than his fantasy output would suggest, IMHO. Talent usually rises, but coupled with his injury history, I don't see him being an integral part of a PPR squad.
He's a guy who can win you a week single handedly but good luck figuring out which week that's going to be because it probably won't be more than one or two.

WILL FULLER  is the ideal "best ball" candidate.  In fact, he should be the poster child for that type league.

:lol:

TZM

Will Fuller is good... and his QB is good, and good at throwing deep.  Hopkins is going to draw a ton of attention or else destroy the opposing defense...

Dropping him is going to be a mistake.  Stills is just insurance. 

He might get hurt.  I have to give you that. 

Will Fuller is good... and his QB is good, and good at throwing deep.  Hopkins is going to draw a ton of attention or else destroy the opposing defense...

Dropping him is going to be a mistake.  Stills is just insurance. 

He might get hurt.  I have to give you that. 
Again, I specifically stated redraft, PPR league. In that type of league he will cost you more weeks than he will help you win.

I love his talent but the consistency is lacking. An injury to Hopkins, Stills, Coutee or Duke could help his opportunity share but if you're counting on an injury he is at the top of the injury risk list in Houston.

Again, I specifically stated redraft, PPR league. In that type of league he will cost you more weeks than he will help you win.

I love his talent but the consistency is lacking. An injury to Hopkins, Stills, Coutee or Duke could help his opportunity share but if you're counting on an injury he is at the top of the injury risk list in Houston.
I don't think he needs an injury.  I think he will have a good year even with all of those guys around.  I'm really high on Watson this year, I think he can pass for 4500 yards. 

I don't think he needs an injury.  I think he will have a good year even with all of those guys around.  I'm really high on Watson this year, I think he can pass for 4500 yards. 
Barring injuries what do you see Fuller ending up with?

I say, maybe 800 & 8 max.

ETA: That's the absolute best case IMO.... barring injury.

Barring injuries what do you see Fuller ending up with?

I say, maybe 800 & 8 max.

ETA: That's the absolute best case IMO.... barring injury.
He probably won't get to 1000 yards, but I wouldn't say it's impossible with a healthy Fuller and Watson. 

I'm not that confident that Johnson and Stills will see that many targets as to disrupt Fuller.  There is pretty much nothing at TE there either...

Fuller was on pace for 1150 yards before getting hurt last year.  He had 500 yards on 43 targets before going down.  Watson threw for 4100 yards last year with worse weapons than he has now.  Hopkins is going to get 1500 to 1700 yards on his 175ish targets.  Watson will throw 550 passes.... 

Darwin Thompson was an easy drop with the addition of McCoy.  I would have done it before week 1 if there was anyone decent available.  Guice's injury made Peterson worth a shot, I'd love it if he can keep playing until my week 6 RB byes.  That may be only hope and prayer though.

10 team .5PPR redraft, QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/2 flex/TE/K/D, 7 bench spots

Dropped Jameis Winston for Kyler Murray (who was also dropped).  It will be kind of fun to compare the two, as they face the same opponent in successive weeks (CAR).

Dropped Damien Harris for Alexander Mattison (who was also dropped).  Easy decision when Mattison has only 1 roadblock to success.

Chose to keep Darwin Thompson over Damien Harris, but he is next on my chopping block.  Many decent options on the FA market; I just haven't decided who I want yet.

Dropped Jameis Winston for Kyler Murray (who was also dropped).  It will be kind of fun to compare the two, as they face the same opponent in successive weeks (CAR).

Dropped Damien Harris for Alexander Mattison (who was also dropped).  Easy decision when Mattison has only 1 roadblock to success.

Chose to keep Darwin Thompson over Damien Harris, but he is next on my chopping block.  Many decent options on the FA market; I just haven't decided who I want yet.
I like the first 2 moves a lot.  I'd temper Kyler Murray expectations this week, then watch him slowly get better as the year goes on.

And if you ever followed the "RB Lotto Ticket " thread that I've been a part of, you will know I love holding these type backs. (ALEXANDER MATTISON) 

Its such a great feeling when everyone rushes to the wire to nab these guys in the event of an injury or something else in front of them........and you already have them rostered. 

I mention my early thoughts on Mattison here....... ~~~~>  https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/779034-2019-rb-lotto-ticket-rankings/?do=findComment&comment=22105276

The fact the Vikes seem to be leaning very heavily on the run thus far at least, makes Mattison an even better bench hold in my opinion.

TZM

I like the first 2 moves a lot.  I'd temper Kyler Murray expectations this week, then watch him slowly get better as the year goes on.

And if you ever followed the "RB Lotto Ticket " thread that I've been a part of, you will know I love holding these type backs. (ALEXANDER MATTISON) 

Its such a great feeling when everyone rushes to the wire to nab these guys in the event of an injury or something else in front of them........and you already have them rostered. 

I mention my early thoughts on Mattison here....... ~~~~>  https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/779034-2019-rb-lotto-ticket-rankings/?do=findComment&comment=22105276

The fact the Vikes seem to be leaning very heavily on the run thus far at least, makes Mattison an even better bench hold in my opinion.

TZM
As for Murray, I also have Dak, so I will have him for the next two weeks (WAS & MIA), then weeks 4 & 5 Murray gets SEA & CIN.  If Murray can't prove himself by week 6, I am confident Winston will be available to pick back up, unless he goes bonkers.

And after seeing the MIN game, it's clear Mattison is just a Cook injury away from being a weekly RB2 at worst.  I could've nabbed Mike Davis or Gus Edwards, but their ceilings pale in comparison - plus I already have my starting 4 (Barkley, Henry, Ekeler, Ingram), so I would much rather stash a lotto ticket over a bye week filler.

Darwin will be fairly useless with a healthy LeSean/Damien duo.  I was actually thinking of dropping him when another team in the league drops someone they shouldn't.

TheWinz said:

While I agree Mattison is a great pickup, Harris >>> Thompson for me and it's no question.

yeah yeah, he was a healthy scratch game one, yeah yeah ne is a crap shot as to when rbs get the ball, but when Bill game plans for Harrison to win the game for him he's going to.  Meanwhile Reid has his old bestie Mccoy back and everyone else in Kan is going to be an afterthought.

TheWinz said:

I think you made the right call, at least kyler has some upside. We already know what Jameis is.

Kalen Ballage.  It's going to be a long season in Miami.  Ronald Jones or Carlos Hyde would be a step up.
He’s a poor man’s Derrick Henry IMHO

he needs space and time to get up to speed.  Once he does, he is a force, but, in Miami, he will rarely get that.  I am going to guess that he sucks all year except for maybe a one or two weeks where he breaks a long run.

Curtis Samuel. And possibly Justin Jackson.
I did drop Curtis Samuel to pick up Darren Waller.  We have a short bench so it's not something I wanted to do.  I already have Kittle and TE is not a  flex option.  My thought was to package him up for the Hunter Henry owner, or possibly use him in week 4 to cover Kittle's BYE (Waller plays the Colts that week).  Jared Cook had a career year in the same spot last year, and Waller looks legit, so I don't want to leave him on the WW.  And now the OJ Howard owner is another possible trade target.  Hopefully with Cam looking bad, Samuel will linger for a while and I can grab him later.

Little surprised no mention of K Drake; maybe he was already thought of less than Ballage and there wasn’t a viable fantasy MIA player outside of the Unicorn

I know this is redraft centric, but in my keeper league I think I’m gonna go after him on the cheap as a bye week filler (especially after Guice went to IR)

Agree that Fuller is going to be frustrating, but too good a talent on too good an offense to drop.

Obviously depends on your squad and who else is out there, but I think holding him to see what happens may be wise.

The targets were widely slanted in Hopkins favor -- he should be targeted more, but 13 targets vs 6 combined to the other WRs seems too an irregular distribution. Fuller had 69 yards off his two receptions, mostly off of one play against an middling CB, but Fuller has that big play potential and is productive when involved.

This week Ramsay may be on Hopkins so they may need to spread it around more. Bouye is no slouch either, but I think the confidence of the Jacksonville secondary could be a little rattled after KC dismantled them last weekend. Wouldn't put it past BOB to test them on both sides of the field.

Little surprised no mention of K Drake; maybe he was already thought of less than Ballage and there wasn’t a viable fantasy MIA player outside of the Unicorn

I know this is redraft centric, but in my keeper league I think I’m gonna go after him on the cheap as a bye week filler (especially after Guice went to IR)
Any Miami player is droppable but to play Devil's advocate...Drake is literally, and unquestionably, their best offensive player. 

He is their only RB playmaker and their best receiver out of the backfield and their two, and four, minute drill back. They are going to be playing from behind most likely every single week.

Miami may be the worst single season team in NFL history but there are still yards and TDs to be had and almost zero competition for them.

But, yeah, while I can't see dropping him I will absolutely shop him for a bag of peanuts as soon as he scored a TD.

Any Miami player is droppable but to play Devil's advocate...Drake is literally, and unquestionably, their best offensive player. 

He is their only RB playmaker and their best receiver out of the backfield and their two, and four, minute drill back. They are going to be playing from behind most likely every single week.

Miami may be the worst single season team in NFL history but there are still yards and TDs to be had and almost zero competition for them.

But, yeah, while I can't see dropping him I will absolutely shop him for a bag of peanuts as soon as he scored a TD.
In FF, playable RBs can be sparse, especially as the season wears on.

I do subscribe to the theory that the starting back on the worst NFL team still can hold value in terms of the volume that goes their way -- at least there can be a reliable floor that's more predictable than a boom/bus flex WR. 

That said, hard to make the case that Drake is this kind of back, or worth the hold even if just seeing if Week 2 is the same as Week 1.

Miami should be throwing from behind a lot which mitigates their RBs' upside overall, and Ballage actually had more carries. Drake may had more yards but they really came from one play. Ballage was also more efficient in the pass game, though he only had 1 target and Drake had 2.

Things may develop differently, but don't blame anyone for shedding Drake now for higher upside/floor players elsewhere.

In FF, playable RBs can be sparse, especially as the season wears on.

I do subscribe to the theory that the starting back on the worst NFL team still can hold value in terms of the volume that goes their way -- at least there can be a reliable floor that's more predictable than a boom/bus flex WR. 

That said, hard to make the case that Drake is this kind of back, or worth the hold even if just seeing if Week 2 is the same as Week 1.

Miami should be throwing from behind a lot which mitigates their RBs' upside overall, and Ballage actually had more carries. Drake may had more yards but they really came from one play. Ballage was also more efficient in the pass game, though he only had 1 target and Drake had 2.

Things may develop differently, but don't blame anyone for shedding Drake now for higher upside/floor players elsewhere.
Neither do I but Ballage has to show a lot more before I think he's a better option than what Drake has shown over 3 seasons. And, while the team clearly likes to lie about their intentions Flores has been strongly promoting Drake as his lead back.

Regardless, drop all Dolphins with confidence.

Like I said, I'm holding Drake until the second he flashes then I'm selling him for a bag of magic beans.

Users who are viewing this thread