What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who will be the GOP candidate in 2024? (3 Viewers)

What say ye?

• Total voters
quick-hands said:
She will pick who the cigar smoking back room deal makers tell her to pick.    Like Biden did.

Maybe.  But I am not convinced they will pick her...

Also, I think Buttigieg would "out shine" her in almost any environment, and you don't want a VP who becomes more popular than you.  So, I think if Harris gets the nomination, the VP will be someone who blends into the background.

Maybe Buttigieg gets a different Cabinet gig, but more likely he takes on a high-profile private job in DC.

I think the "race" for the Dem nominee will be more fascinating than the GOP.  If Trump wants the nomination, its his.  And, I guess you could say the same about Biden - only I don't think Biden is going to run.  What will be interesting is how long it takes Biden to announce he is not going to run, and how the contenders will bide their time waiting for an "official" announcement.

I think the "race" for the Dem nominee will be more fascinating than the GOP.  If Trump wants the nomination, its his.  And, I guess you could say the same about Biden - only I don't think Biden is going to run.  What will be interesting is how long it takes Biden to announce he is not going to run, and how the contenders will bide their time waiting for an "official" announcement.
One more to add to the "what will be interesting is" list...  Assume Biden doesn't run; will he endorse someone else (in the primary, not the general), and if so, who?

One more to add to the "what will be interesting is" list...  Assume Biden doesn't run; will he endorse someone else (in the primary, not the general), and if so, who?
He won't answer it and give the political "we'll let democracy take its course and decide".  Even if he did say he supported someone, chances are we won't be able to understand what name he says anyway.  

Pure guess - - but I think he would not endorse prior to the nomination.  Which, or course, is the same as endorsing anyone other than Harris.

I might be too harsh on Harris here, but I don't think she is giving Biden the support he needs from a VP, either in the way of political wins for the Administration, or in terms of acting as a party whip in Congress, the senate specifically.

Maurile Tremblay said:
Footballguys won't. I don't know why Twitter would.
I'm pretty sure Twitter has said Trump is permanently banned. Facebook has said they will revisit in two years, so theoretically he could have his account restored in time for the campaign. But it won't be automatic as soon as he announces.

I'm pretty sure Twitter has said Trump is permanently banned

The problem Twitter will have with Trump is the first conflict between The New York Post with Twitter over the Hunter Biden storyline.

Dorsey is on camera, in public, testifying to the fact that New York Post did not actually violate Twitter's TOS, and that they changed their policy the same day they banned the NY Post. The conflict comes in that Dorsey said the "corrective action" would be for the NY Post to "delete the offending tweet" and then repost it. While that was structured for purposes of legal liability ( i.e. by deleting it, NY Post is accepting it "violated" the TOS given the time and place even though Dorsey admits the TOS in place was not consistent with his stated intent for Twitter and was not applied fairly ), Dorsey couldn't help himself but still call it "offending"

If I was Mark Zuckerberg, I would be furious. Dorsey just opened a large number of backdoor channels to eventually hammer Big Social Media on Section 230.

In order to unban Trump, it would mean Trump would have to manually go in himself, and delete what he previously wrote.

Does anyone think that Donald J  Trump, the pure no holds barred grifter narcissist will actually do that?

The establishment GOP, it doesn't matter if it's Trump or Haley or De Santis or anyone else, all are going to use the DOJ and DHS to keep cornering Dorsey until they put him in prison. Where he will be a limping gazelle surrounded by tenured incentivized predators implied in a system like that.

Amused to Death said:
What were they trying to "Stop the Steal" of if not the election? Trump was specifically calling Pence to "do the right thing" so he'd win.

And yet, still unarmed.  :shrug:

I have ZERO idea how you attempt a coup, takeover or "insurrection" without the weapons to back you up.  Maybe you can explain?

Last edited by a moderator:
And yet, still unarmed.  :shrug:

I have ZERO idea how you attempt a coup, takeover or "insurrection" without the weapons to back you up.  Maybe you can explain?
Really?  So there’s no way a large group of people can physically intimidate someone into doing something like, I don’t know, disregard his constitutional duty and attempt to overturn an election, without a gun? 

Really?  So there’s no way a large group of people can physically intimidate someone into doing something like, I don’t know, disregard his constitutional duty and attempt to overturn an election, without a gun? 

No.  Not without weapons.  How do you expect that to happen without the firepower to back you up?

No.  Not without weapons.  How do you expect that to happen without the firepower to back you up?
SMH. Wow.  Well call me crazy but I have a very hard time believing you'd view this the same way had Trump won and it was ANTIFA running around the capitol acting the same way.  I'm certain you classify it as just some people "taking selfies".

Carry on I guess, my bad.  Not sure why I continue expect non-partisan viewpoints from partisan's.  

You should go back and read the threads so we don't have to keep posting the same things over and over.

Unless you suddenly don't believe LEOs.

I don't remember anyone explaining how you attempt a coup without firepower/being armed.  :shrug:

That's how these things are done.

Last edited by a moderator:

No.  This is pretty much in line with the people in the halls yelling at the Senators during Cavanaugh's hearings.  Even if the people influenced someone to act in a manner inconsistent with what they would normally do it wouldn't be legal because of undue influence.  Vito Corleone's offer you can't refuse isn't legally binding.

:lol:

PALM BEACH (The Borowitz Report*)—Donald J. Trump will skip the 2024 campaign and go straight to claiming that he won, the former reality-show host has confirmed.

Speaking to reporters, Trump said that campaigning in 2024 would be “a waste of time, quite frankly, because I have already won that election.”

Asked how he could have won an election that is not scheduled to occur for another three years, he said, “People are saying that it already did happen. A lot of very smart people are calling me and saying that.”

* satire

PALM BEACH (The Borowitz Report*)—Donald J. Trump will skip the 2024 campaign and go straight to claiming that he won, the former reality-show host has confirmed.

Speaking to reporters, Trump said that campaigning in 2024 would be “a waste of time, quite frankly, because I have already won that election.”

Asked how he could have won an election that is not scheduled to occur for another three years, he said, “People are saying that it already did happen. A lot of very smart people are calling me and saying that.”

* satire
Love it!  Sadly enough, I could actually see him trying this. Even sadder is that his followers would agree with him.

* satire
But this would disqualify him from running then?  Isn't there a two-term limit?

Right now the vast majority of Republican voters say they will stick with Trump. 
But I honestly don’t know if I believe them. I think conservatives view support for Trump as a defiant, “screw the libs” sort of thing. Will they really vote for him if there are other conservatives running against him in the 2024 primaries? I think there’s a chance they won’t. 

Right now the vast majority of Republican voters say they will stick with Trump. 
But I honestly don’t know if I believe them. I think conservatives view support for Trump as a defiant, “screw the libs” sort of thing. Will they really vote for him if there are other conservatives running against him in the 2024 primaries? I think there’s a chance they won’t. 

I hope Trump does the right thing and puts his full support behind a candidate instead of running again.  I don't see any great moderate Democratic candidates.    

I hope Trump does the right thing and puts his full support behind a candidate instead of running again.  I don't see any great moderate Democratic candidates.    
I believe a Republican would win office if this happened. There's too much anti-Trump baggage. But it's a big ask of the guy, honestly. I don't see Trump going for "hey, don't run yourself, but tell your supporters to vote for the nominee that isn't you". Not really in his DNA.   

Users who are viewing this thread