What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Worst DYNASTY moves you've made (1 Viewer)

1) I was offered Curtis Martin and Lamont Jordan (right before Martin had his monster seasons near the end of his career) for William green and Lee Suggs. I turned it down because I was convinced that Suggs-who was my first ever #1 rookie pick in my first ever dynasty league-was going to be a star.

Even Jordan went on to have a few decent seasons and was worth more than the two Browns I kept.

2) In the same league, a few years later I believe, I was offered the 1.4 rookie pick, which by general consensus-and turned out to be-was Andre Johnson, for Takeo Spikes. turned that down.

I suck at trading, way too conservative and way too enamored of my own players.

Usually involves dropping a WR who hasn't broken out yet to get a bye week replacement

In just one league I've dropped

Vincent Jackson

Brandon Marshall

Wes Welker

Robert Meachem

Pierre Garcon

RB Chris Johnson for TO and something else 2 years ago

day before he was cut, I traded 1.7 for Lendal White ... good gawd

I've never made a bad dynasty/keeper trade..........they all work out in the end.jk....give me a few to think about it....
While you kid this is really the case, our teams are an endless series of moves. Most of the time 1 awful trade/WW transaction in of itself is not the reason our team sucks. In fact, sometimes the bad move causes us to make other transactions to cover up our stupidity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Recent: dropped Miles Austin after like week 4 in 2010 (note he was on the WW a week going through a blind bidding session in a FBGs heavy league).
Picked him up in MOX1 then dropped him. Picked him up in Fantasy Legends III and then traded him for a 2nd rd pick for crying out loud !!!!!!!
Traded Miles Austin and Austin Collie for Donald Driver last year because I was in win-now mode and desperately needed a WR3 that would actually contribute in 2010. I would have walked away with the trophy despite that one except in Week 15 I was faced with a tough WDIS decision and wound up starting Matt Hasselbeck (5.9 points) over Ben Roethlisberger (66.3 points), setting a league record in the process for most points a bench player had ever outscored a starter.

i took over a bad team in 2008 and wanted extra draft picks, so in my first dynasty league my first trade was:

brady quinn, dallas clark, 1.09 and 4.09

for

2.06, 2.12, 3.01, and 3.06

and somehow i ended up winning the league...mostly because i made 25 more trades that season.

Trading DeAngelo Williams AND Michael Turner right before the 2008 season to two different owners. Actually DeAngelo hadn't blown up yet, so he was a mere "throw in" in the monster deal that included him. It's safe to say I did not get nearly the value back that I traded away. Not to mention the two owners I traded Williams and Turner to both made it to the championship game that year. If only I had kept those two.......

Dropped Mike Sims Walker last year to make room for rookie picks (McCoy and Earl Bennett). Just traded McCoy in a big deal that got me Cutler and Grant (yes Cutler is my best QB...). I think Bennett may be headed back to the cutting room floor.

It's interesting to me how many of these posts are about trades that guys DID make versus moves that folks DID NOT make. The worst dynasty moves I've made are when I passed on deals. 2 examples:

1) I had numerous opportunities to move Portis after the 2008 season (can't remember specifics, but solid value plays) but I reasoned that "he had 1-2 more years left of RB1 production." Ugh.

2) This is the worst. During their rookie years, Reggie Bush had an early dry spell while Maroney performed like he was all-world for 2 games. If memory serves, he went 25 for 125 and 2 TDs. Along comes the Bush owner calling -- and he offers me Bush + DeAngelo for Maroney. [note: technically this isn't a dynasty league - it's a keep-6 league, with extra "rookie protection" if rookies don't play in their 1st season] Anyway, I passed on the deal. Wasn't a Bush fan, really thought Maroney was the real deal. The other owner and I made a pact later that season - we were both embarrassed.....him for offering the deal, me for turning it down.....and we agreed to never speak publicly of the deal at league functions. That was by far my worst move ever as a GM.

Ah yeah that reminds me... At the start of last offseason, was offered Henne for Quinn. I turned it down. I prefered Henne, but at that time Quinn looked like the probably starter, and the only other starting QB I had was Palmer, and in this league we can start 3 QBs. Pennington was always going to go down as he does every second year.

Oh well.

I've never made a bad dynasty/keeper trade..........they all work out in the end.jk....give me a few to think about it....
While you kid this is really the case, our teams are an endless series of moves. Most of the time 1 awful trade/WW transaction in of itself is not the reason our team sucks. In fact, sometimes the bad move causes us to make other transactions to cover up our stupidity.
I know it's true. Some way, some how, I have always managed to recover from a terrible trade.Look, I am not perfect, by any of a myriad of perfectionism standards, but you've just got to toss it to the wind when you make a bad trade. Then, somehow you recover. The trick is to RECOGNIZE the bad move very, very early and compensate.Still, (I have not done too much thinking on this....just yet....) I absolutely know I've made some bonehead moves in my keeper league, (which is pretty close to a dynasty league,) but they will never compare to some of the moves already posted here in this thread. Hindsight is 20/20....wish I had it full-on right from the start.....

While it didn't kill me because Larry Johnson bailed me out, after the 04' season, I made this trade:

I gave:

LaDainian Tomlinson

Plaxico Burress

I got:

Edgerrin James

Michael Clayton

If I would have kept LT and LJ together I would have won 3 straight titles instead of just the 05' one.

Also, after 2006 I was offered the #1 overall pick for Marvin Harrison and turned it down because he was the reigning #1 WR and I was a playoff team. Could have had Calvin or Peterson but no...I needed Marvin I guess. These two moves turned a sure-fire 3 time championship team with an excellent nucleus, into a 1-time champ who spent most of 2007-2008 rebuilding.

Then again, I also learned from my mistakes and won another championship last year(without a single player left from that 05' team) so I guess in the end everything was ok, but around early 2007, I was pretty upset about my two major screw-ups.

Nothing earth-shattering, but the following was all with the same team. (and I am sure there were more)

I traded a pick in our inaugural veteran draft, somewhere in the 30s or so, to acquire the #1 rookie pick... picked William Green.

Drafted Dominick Davis in the late 3rd in the rookie draft because he looked like a guy that could surprise... and he did. I somehow convinced myself that he was a total fluke and traded him and a future 3rd for a future 2nd. So I missed out on 2 1/2 seasons of very solid RB production... with the 2nd rounder I chose Mike Clayton. Yippee.

I made up for it by drafting Michael Turner, another guy I really thought had a chance to do something. After his rookie season, LT had not signed a contract and could become a free agent, so I signed Turner to a contract... well, LT signed, so I ended up dropping Turner at the end af the year.

Was thrilled when Big Mike Williams - Det WR - fell to me and I didn't have to take a chance on the injury-prone Frank Gore. I covered myself well by drafting Maurice Clarett a little later. I really liked a sleeper WR Vince Jackson, and drafted him in the 3rd. I held him for 2 years, then dropped him to pick up Mark Clayton.

That same offseason I dropped Mike Walker and Owen Daniels.

I traded A.Bradshaw and Danny Ware for pick 27. (ended up being Shawn Nelson, who I am about to drop)

October of 2008 I dropped Fred Jackson to acquire Mike Furrey. Yeah, Fred would have been useful when Ronnie went down the next season.

Two years ago I traded Santonio Holmes AND the equivalent of a late 1st for Torry Holt. Oh, and I threw in Meachem to sweeten the deal. Thanks Torry.

Last year I traded Ryan Grant and his 3 year contract for the higher upside Ronnie Brown and his 2 year contract. Thanks for the 1/2 a season, Ronnie. (I am still hopeful Ronnie does something this year... but he is my RB4 now.)

---

Somehow I have made the playoffs every year (9 years now), have a few championships, and my team is stacked for at least 2 more years. Go figure.

Oh man, this thread is just painful to read and I've got some doozies to add to the mix.

1. Took Miles Austin in the 2nd round of our rookie/free agent draft last summer but got frustrated with his demotion to WR4 in Dallas and cut him in late August.

2. Traded Randy Moss for Clinton Portis before Moss' huge year in New England. I had previously traded Portis to get Moss in the first place two years and grew tired of his lack of production in Oakland and wanted Portis back on my team.

3. Drafted Reggie Williams 4th overall and passed on LARRY FITZGERALD because Anquan Boldin was already on my roster. That's a move I still kick myself over to this day.

Had a HUGE man crush on Rashard Mendenhall coming out, but he went #3 overall. I had the 4 pick and took Chris Johnson ahead of what many others were saying that year. I used my 2nd rounder to acquire DeSean Jackson. I then traded both of them for Mendy. That one still stings!

Traded away Garcon and my 2010 2nd rounder last year to acquire Maroney last year when he was starting (I had no RBs) and Garcon really hadnt put up any numbers.

In the same league, I dealt Earl Bennett for LenDale White on the speculation he would land on a team this offseason as the RB1... I was very happy with that move a few weeks ago... now... not so much.

Had a HUGE man crush on Rashard Mendenhall coming out, but he went #3 overall. I had the 4 pick and took Chris Johnson ahead of what many others were saying that year. I used my 2nd rounder to acquire DeSean Jackson. I then traded both of them for Mendy. That one still stings!
Ouch.

Dropped Pierre Thomas just prior to him becoming a decent option.

Traded Chris Cooley for Troy Williamson a couple years ago.

Was about to pickup Finley last year, but blew it off thinking he wouldn't amount to much.

Those have probably been my worst.

So many it's hard to remember:

-traded Edge the year he left Indy because I thought he wouldn't be very good outside Indy. Turns out I was right, but I traded him for Reuben Droughns and a 1st rounder I spent on Brian Calhoun, the new RB dropped into a starter situation in Detroit. Calhoun blew his acl and basically never played again. After 2 solid years in cleveland, I trade for Droughns and he showed who he was and it was terrible and easily replaceable.

-traded Andre Johnson in 2007 while he was injured (seemed continually every week) for Jesse Chatman after Ronnie Brown went down after tearing up the league. With Cam Cameron and the Miami Dolphins running and destroying the league it was a shoe-in Chatman would produce, right?

-traded the rookie 1.1 in a developmental league for WR sensation and heir apparent to Jimmy Smith in Jax: Ernest Wilford, before the nfl draft. Reasoning at the time was that all the good RB's had been claimed in the developmental draft: Bush, Maroney, Lendale, DeAngelo, Norwood, Washington were all gone. But turns out there was this guy named Addai.

-drafted Roddy White in the 16th round of a dynasty startup. Promptly dropped him for some TE sleeper sensation FBG's message boards told me about that never did anything.

-drafted Greg Jennings in the early 2nd round of a couple of rookie drafts. Traded him away as a throw in or dropped him after his rookie season in all of them.

Lots of names I recognize I wish I could remember trades about, Barlow for example. I heavily drank the koolaid on that guy.

Before the 2009 season traded Brandon Marshall for Clinton Portis and Donnie Avery. Wasn't sure if Ray Rice was gonna be the man in Baltimore and needed a back.

It's interesting to me how many of these posts are about trades that guys DID make versus moves that folks DID NOT make. The worst dynasty moves I've made are when I passed on deals. 2 examples:
Reminds me of a Roddy White deal I turned down. This was after his second year and before his breakout 3rd year. I was offered Roddy White for a late 5th round rookie pick in a 16-team IDP league and I turned it down because I thought Roddy White was a bum that I would not even pick up on waivers. It's amazing seeing some great owners in this thread and the really bad moves that we all make. I really hope people that are new to fantasy football and dynasty leagues in particular read this because there are some highly skilled fantasy owners in this thread who have made some really bad trades. The lesson learned is if you play long enough, you will make some really bad trades no matter how great you are or how great you think you are. The above move was one of my brilliant ones. I love this thread. :)

I can't remember the details and they've been deleted from the league site, but I gave away Priest Holmes at the worst time for Amos Zereoue and some crap. I never recovered from that in MOX1 until now. I'm now ready to make my move for a title in that league.
In March 2001 I traded Priest Holmes (FA) and James McKnight for Travis Prentice. Soon after, Priest signed with the Chiefs and the rest was history. :thumbup:ETA: This thread goes to show that sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make.

Back in 2008, Chris Johnson's rookie year I had a glut of RB producing:

Traded Chris Johnson and a 4th rounder in the next rookie draft for Greg Jennings and 1st rounder the next rookie draft.

Not as horrible as I remember it being before I looked it up, but I would like to re-do the trade.

Last year, after starting him in a game, which he scored 0.0 points and i lost by a couple points, I just straight up DROPPED Jermichael Finley. He wasnt producing, and he just cost me a game.

I still have a very good TE, dont get me wrong. But I sure could use him in flex later on...

:thumbup:

Maybe not an absolute disaster of a trade, but after week 1 last season I traded Chris Johnson and Vernon Davis for Maurice Jones-Drew.

Back in 2008, Chris Johnson's rookie year I had a glut of RB producing:Traded Chris Johnson and a 4th rounder in the next rookie draft for Greg Jennings and 1st rounder the next rookie draft.Not as horrible as I remember it being before I looked it up, but I would like to re-do the trade.
Dude, get out of here!You got a top WR and 1st RD pick. Let me guess, that 1st turned out to be 1.1 and you selected Crabtree???Poor you!While I would not do that trade either at this point, not even close to being a HORRIBLE trade.Please leave this thread and let us owners drown in our misery with the players we received in return who are no longer even in the NFL

Back in 2008, Chris Johnson's rookie year I had a glut of RB producing:Traded Chris Johnson and a 4th rounder in the next rookie draft for Greg Jennings and 1st rounder the next rookie draft.Not as horrible as I remember it being before I looked it up, but I would like to re-do the trade.
Dude, get out of here!You got a top WR and 1st RD pick. Let me guess, that 1st turned out to be 1.1 and you selected Crabtree???Poor you!While I would not do that trade either at this point, not even close to being a HORRIBLE trade.Please leave this thread and let us owners drown in our misery with the players we received in return who are no longer even in the NFL
Thats a pretty bad trade. I traded Chris Johnson and some roster fodder for Desean Jackson, the 1.1, 1.7, and Vernon Davis and people told me i was stupid, and that was after he ran for 2000 yards.Anyway, i really wanted Caddy Williams his rookie year. I already had a mancrush before the season ever started. I tried trading for him since the rookie draft, and continued right through the first 4 weeks as he was tearing it up. I figured i better get him now before his price tag goes even higher. So i traded LT to a guy for Caddy, Willie Parker and some other crap. It cost me at least one championship, as the guy i traded him to won the whole thing, barely beating me in the championship. LT had a huge game, and Caddy and Willie Parker did nothing.I know what youre thinking. What kind of idiot does that, then 5 years later trades Chris Johnson. Well, this time i didnt do it because i had a man crush on a certain player. :thumbup:

Most of mine involve trading draft picks where the other guys drafts a stud... I'm not going to go and name all of them so I'll just go though the players

* NO MA'AM gave up Cole, Trent PHI DE

* gave up Jones, Brandon TEN WR

* gave up Lewis, Jamal CLE RB

* NO MA'AM gave up Jackson, Vincent SDC WR

Sun Oct 19 7:31:05 p.m. ET 2008 - this was when VJax was still stonehands

However.. I did steal from the same guy so it evened out

* NO MA'AM gave up Sims, Ernie DET LB

* gave up Thomas, Pierre NOS RB; Year 2009 Round 3 Draft Pick from Little Big Head

Tue Jun 17 8:38:23 p.m. ET 2008

* gave up Ocho Cinco, Chad CIN WR; Year 2008 Draft Pick 3.02; Year 2009 Round 3 Draft Pick from Skibum

* NO MA'AM gave up Clemens, Kellen NYJ QB; Year 2008 Draft Pick 2.04; Year 2009 Round 1 Draft Pick from NO MA'AM

picked turned into 1.06 and 85 had a bad yr

* NO MA'AM gave up Hill, Jason SFO WR;Gates, Antonio SDC TE; Year 2008 Draft Pick 2.14

* gave up Winslow, Kellen CLE TE;Sims, Ernie DET LB; Year 2008 Draft Pick 2.09

Wed Mar 12 11:20:22 p.m. ET 2008; I some how got gates back next yr

Most of mine involve trading draft picks where the other guys drafts a stud... I'm not going to go and name all of them so I'll just go though the players2007* NO MA'AM gave up Cole, Trent PHI DE* gave up Jones, Brandon TEN WR* Little Big Head gave up Lewis, Jamal CLE RB* NO MA'AM gave up Jackson, Vincent SDC WRSun Oct 19 7:31:05 p.m. ET 2008 - this was when VJax was still stonehandsHowever.. I did steal from the same guy so it evened out* NO MA'AM gave up Sims, Ernie DET LB* gave up Thomas, Pierre NOS RB; Year 2009 Round 3 Draft Pick from Little Big Head
please list bad trades only, thanks :thumbup:

If I went through all my transactions throughout the years I bet I could find a hundred bad moves. Here's a few that still haunt me:

2000 Start-up draft, took Ron Dayne over Randy Moss. Huge homer pick.

Cut Hines Ward in favor of James Thrash prior to the 2002 season.

Traded Joe Horn in 2002 for a 2003 1st which ended up being Tony Hollings.

2003 Rookie Draft, moved down a spot for Andre Johnson only to see him go where I just was. Ended up with Onterrio Smith.

Cut Brian Westbrook in favor of Lamar Gordon Prior to the 2003 season.

2006 Rookie Draft, took Chad Jackson instead of MJD.

Cut Brian Westbrook in favor of Lamar Gordon Prior to the 2003 season.
I traded Brian Westbrook to Couch Potatoes (another bad trade in MOX1) for a 2nd rd pick shortly after drafting Westbrook (I believe it was also in the 2nd, but maybe the 3rd).

Traded Phillip Rivers for Tavaris Jackson, Kenny Irons, and a future 2nd Round which ended up being Mike Thomas, Jax :goodposting:

I made a pretty horrific trade recently in a dynasty league. I won't go into the details, because even thinking about it makes me shake my head. Let's just say I traded Steve Smith (Panthers) for Fred Jackson, Marshawn Lynch and for some reason I traded my early rookie picks (they were all in the top 3 of each round) for the 12th pick in each round. Luckily I've been able to undo some of the damage in recent months, but that trade haunts me.

I'll never do something like that again.

Fitz and Vick for Culpepper ... coming off of Cpep's huge year, Moss then goes to Oakland and Cpep breaks his leg.

Actually ended up being 1.11 and I took Mark Sanchez. So hopefully Jennings 2009 season was just a little blip on the radar and Sanchez turns into Rivers or Rodgers.So Jennings and Sanchez for Chris Johnson and a 4th rounder.

I don't recall making major blunders (me = denial), but all my worst mistakes seem to be at QB.

Cutler for Campbell

Warner for Vince Young AND my first rounder (turned into 1.12, so I'm not too sad)

Philip Rivers for ... something I don't even remember

Dropped Kolb to waivers last year so that I could cling on to my #1 kicker during his bye-week (or some such). In my defense I broadcast a request for a 3rd round 2010 rookie pick before dropping him.
I dropped Kolb in two leagues after Michael Vick was added to the Eagles. But really who could of predicted that McNabb was going to be traded this season. Two years ago, I would have said trading DeAnglo Williams for Trent Edwards and the 1.08 rookie was a bad move. Obviously, I like that trade now because the 1.08 was Ray Rice.

So I guess my worst move might have been dropping Tony Romo just prior to the season he was named the starter.

I know it's true. Some way, some how, I have always managed to recover from a terrible trade.Look, I am not perfect, by any of a myriad of perfectionism standards, but you've just got to toss it to the wind when you make a bad trade. Then, somehow you recover. The trick is to RECOGNIZE the bad move very, very early and compensate.Still, (I have not done too much thinking on this....just yet....) I absolutely know I've made some bonehead moves in my keeper league, (which is pretty close to a dynasty league,) but they will never compare to some of the moves already posted here in this thread. Hindsight is 20/20....wish I had it full-on right from the start.....
Okay, after giving this some thought......here's what I've got:Heading into the 2004 season (which I thought I could make a strong run for the title even before we drafted because I really liked my 5 keepers) Anquan Boldin went down in the preseason and I started to get really nervous. All summer I was of the opinion that I would be taking a RB, most likely Steven Jackson because I was the only one in the league who liked him as a rookie. Well in the days leading up to the draft Boldin went down. So, being the brilliant strategist that I am, I traded away my first round pick for some insurance at WR........some kid named Santana Moss. My traded pick was used for Steven Jackson and that team still owns him. That team also landed Fitzgerald in the draft that year. Me....I made it to the championship game but lost. I dropped Moss during the season to pick up Steve Smith and never regretted it. After the season was over I had to choose between Smith and Nate Burleson.....dropped Smith and kept Burleson.....Smith was drafted with the #1 pick in '05. Burleson sucked ever since.During the 2006 season I picked up Maurice Jones-Drew and Marques Colston on waivers and they helped me win the title on my third straight trip to the championship game. After the season I needed to clean house and because I had such a man-crush on Edgerrin James and Shaun Alexander I gave up Jones-Drew and Colston for the #1 pick in the draft. I thought that Jones-Drew's rookie year was kind of a fluke and didn't expect a repeat performance. Same with Colston.Heading into the '07 draft and holding the #1 pick I had my choice between Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch. Not really seeing a big difference between the two, I traded down to the #3 pick. I received my '08 first rounder back in return, the #1 was used for Peterson and I landed Lynch at #3. Lynch lasted all but one year on my team. This really wasn't all that bad of a trade because the '08 first I got back I then used for Chris Johnson, so in the end I got a stud RB out of the deal. If I had never traded down in '07 I would never have had the opportunity to draft Johnson in '08. Like I said, these aren't nearly as bad as some others posted in here, but they are the ones that stick out in my mind. I am pretty lucky though....for each bonehead move I've made I've countered with a pretty good move.....be it a trade, waiver wire pick-up or solid draft pick. I really think that is the trick.....to recognize a bad move and try to recover as quickly as possible. The worst thing to do is to be stubborn about your mistake and not recognize it. I like to think I'm pretty intelligent when it comes to fantasy football, but I've also got to remember I'm not all that brilliant.Rody

I Traded Tony Gonzalez for Chris Perry. I owned Gates as well. I offered the deal. The guy getting Gonzalez said he checked twice to make sure that Gonzalez hadn't been killed in a car crash that day.

There was some controversy whether the deal should be vetoed. But my foolishness was allowed to stand.

Since that time for the most part I run a proposed trade by another person as a safeguard to avoid

another such disaster and guard agaimst impulsive moves.

2008 - A few games into Chris Johnson's rookie season I traded him straight up for LT.

Trade

* Gave up Austin, Miles DAL WR

* Gave up $4

Tue Apr 21 11:06:23 a.m. ET 2009

We get $50 a season in RFA$

Traded Kyle Orton for Chris Perry. I don't think Perry ever played a down for my squad.

Traded a future first round pick for Mike Anderson and Reuben Droughns. Had the most points against while being the 6th highest scoring team that year. The draft pick was my only team earned top 5 over-all pick ever. Think the other owner blew the pick on Maroney though.

Traded Fred Taylor and a draft pick for rookies Cedric Benson and Mark Clayton. Took 4 years to get a return on investment. Looks okay in 2010, but I could have used Taylor as a starting RB back then.

Plenty more bad trades, but I blacked them out of my memory right now.

LBH said:
please list bad trades only, thanks :hijacked:
no prob.. I got more * gave up Williams, Roy Det WR - $66 * The Puppet Master gave up Hightower, Tim ARI RB - $3;Keller, Dustin NYJ TE - $5 Sat Aug 9 10:46:45 a.m. ET 2008This was the last yr Roy was on Det and I made the trade with the hopes of him being traded... I even stated in the Trade thread that he was going to the Boyz. Well this set me back a while. * gave up Jacobs, Brandon NYG RB - $30;Branch, Deion SEA WR;Brackett, Gary IND LB - $11;Brooks, Derrick TBB LB * The Puppet Master gave up Keiaho, Freddie IND LB;Willis, Patrick SFO LB - total of $16Mr Willis has been putting up 250 FF pts a yr since and is always in the top 15 Tue Jun 3 6:39:27 p.m. ET 2008However I did get 3 1sts for BJ the next off-season, remember BJ had a nice 2008 season and TDs are counted very high * The Puppet Master gave up Smith, Steve NYG WR * gave up Year 2009 Draft Pick 1.12Thats the worst!!!!!!!!!!! Wed Jul 22 12:15:43 p.m. ET 2009 * gave up Year 2009 Draft Pick 2.06;Year 2009 Draft Pick 2.10 * The Puppet Master gave up Sanchez, Mark NYJ QB2.06 18. The Puppet Master Pettigrew, Brandon DET TE ® Sun Aug 2 7:50:33 p.m. ET 2009 2.10 22. The Puppet Master Brown, Andre NYG RB ® Mon Aug 3 8:08:28 a.m. ET 2009TERRIBLE

Last season in my auction contract league ($250 cap) I traded Bennett ($8.5/5), DWard ($1/1), Manningham ($1/1) and 2011 1st for Lynch ($9/1) and his 2011 3rd to try and bolster my team down the stretch. In theory, it should have worked since I had RBrown and the week after he went down with that injury, and I was hoping for a late season boost from Marshawn.

Yeah, that worked well... :bag:

My worst moves where deals I turned down, and players I released.

That may change this year, as in one league I traded R Rice for draft picks (D Bryant and McClain) and in another MJD for Spiller and Benn. Both rosters are in rebuild mode, so...

I released Cassel just before Brady got hurt. I stockpiled the NYG RB's, Jacobs, Ward and Bradshaw. I just traded Mario Williams for F Jackson because I drafted Spiller.

I spent every league dollar on Fitz knowing as an FA the following year I could not retain him.... and lost in the league supe, resulting in having to undergo a total rebuild.

I can't remember the details and they've been deleted from the league site, but I gave away Priest Holmes at the worst time for Amos Zereoue and some crap. I never recovered from that in MOX1 until now. I'm now ready to make my move for a title in that league.
If one trade sent you into a 5 year (or more) rebuild, to where you are JUST NOW sniffing being competitive...I'd venture to guess that wasn't your only horrible transaction.

Users who are viewing this thread